The Deal Ch. 03

Story Info
The reading of the will brings them closer.
2.9k words
4.6
21.9k
8

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 08/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The executor of her grandmother's estate looked to be just barely out of law school. Isla wondered how he had met the Grand Dame. Isla sat starkly still. She listened to the executor speak endlessly about how her grandmother had been a great woman. He went on a tangent about how she was always firm but fair in her dealings with people, and how she gave him a chance after spending one afternoon with him and his wife. Isla could tell that the executor, Marques, had great respect for the Grand Dame as many called her grandmother.

The energy in the room picked up and Isla could tell, Michael Mann had arrived without turning to verify it. "Mr. Mann, it is a pleasure to see you again." Again? Isla wondered when the two had met.

"The pleasure is mine, I'm sure," Michael said as he situated himself next to Isla at the long conference table. He acknowledged Isla with a slight smile and a whispered, "good morning." She nodded in return. Michael understood how she was feeling. She expressed last night how she hated the process. Isla had said the reading of the will made it feel like her beloved grandmother was being cut into tiny pieces.

Isla silently sent up a prayer and exhaled the breath she had not realized she was holding since Michael walked into the room. She had been thinking about the dinner that she had shared with Michael and Ryan before her trip to see Darien. Diane, her mother sat next to her and lightly held her hand. Isla leaned over and kissed her mother on the cheek. Since Taryn's death, they had formed a bond that had become unbreakable. It did bend a little when Diane and Thomas found out their daughter was pregnant and she had refused to name the father. Diane had convinced Thomas not push Isla into disclosing the information. She had said at the time that everything would be revealed soon enough. Ryan was almost four and they still did not know who had fathered the child.

Thomas walked into the conference room and sat across from Diane. He smiled at the two remaining women in his life. Age had him wondering what had gone wrong with him and Diane. He looked at Isla and an over whelming love just swelled his heart. He saw the pain in her eyes and felt helpless to help her. He knew he had not been the best father, but he did what he could. Thomas drew his attention back to the voice of the executor.

"Good morning, everyone, now that we are all here lets get started." Marques took his seat. Everyone took their seats. Isla noticed that there were representatives from the various charities and committees that her grandmother had been affiliated. "Now, I know everyone has basically cleared their schedule for today and you are all anxious to get this over with but there are a lot of items to cover and I have been instructed to follow the order.

"Who gave that instruction?" It was Rachelle, one of Isla's second or third cousins that asked the question.

"My grandmother did," said Isla. The expression on her face and the tone of her voice left no room for arguments. Rachelle remained quiet. Marques nodded his thanks.

Marques began reading the long list of items and to whom those items would be given. No one was surprised when the bulk of the estate went to Ryan Marine DiAmico, she was the only great grandchild and she had been practically raised with the elder Isla. However, everyone was shocked with the next two specific instructions in the will. It was read that Isla must disclose to Ryan's father about her existence and that they had to go on a one-month vacation as a family.

"Excuse me?" Isla almost shouted.

"Is there a problem, Miss DiAmico?"

"The will states I have to live with the father of my child for one month. Not happening."

"Miss DiAmico if you don't follow the terms your grandmother has set forth, your daughter will lose her inheritance." Marques eyed Isla closely.

"What if he doesn't want to live with me?"

"He has no choice. The will is very specific and air tight. I checked it myself." The executor smiled at his own joke.

"Isla, sweetheart, you have to get in contact with Ryan's father and let him know what is going on," said Thomas. He had always known that his mother knew the identity of Ryan's father, but would not break Isla's confidence.

"I don't think that will be necessary." Isla felt Michael shift beside her. She felt the anger radiate from him. She looked at him; pleading for him not to say anything. "Donate the inheritance to charity. Ryan will be taken are of without it."

"Isla, you can't mean that." Diane had spoken up before Thomas could get his thoughts together.

"I mean every word of it. Ryan will be just fine without the money from Yaya." Isla began to gather her things. "I have to go. My daughter will be out of school soon." She looked toward Marques. "Is there anything else I should know?"

"No. Thank you for your time." Marques watched the young woman walk out of the conference room.

Isla was mad. How could her grandmother have done this to her? Disinherit her child unless she revealed that Michael was her father. She slammed her fingers against the down button for the elevator. She fumed all the way to the lobby. Her DKNY sunglasses came in handy as she put them on and walked toward the parking garage. Yaya knew what revealing the identity of Ryan's father could do Ryan. She just could not for the life of her understand why her grandmother had felt it was so important. Who knew what type of enemies Michael had acquired over the years. Isla knew how her father had been threatened and how her family home had been vandalized as a child due to her father's involvement with the Brotherhood.

Thomas had built his entire empire and reputation by working with the Brotherhood as their attorney. It had started out as a network of friends then Carter Maxon had started to bring in the underground establishment and it had taken years for the Brotherhood to regain their reputation as a legitimate society of professional men.

"How could she want me to reveal Michael's relationship to anyone knowing what the Brotherhood was capable of doing?" Isla spoke aloud to herself. Her cell phone rang and her first thought was to ignore it, but whenever Ryan was not with her, she answered her phone out of fear. "Hello," she bit the word out as if it hurt.

"Isla, we need to talk." It was Michael.

"I am going home. You can meet me there once I pick up Ryan."

"I'll be there in about an hour."

Isla did not respond. She just pushed the off button on her phone and threw the phone in the passenger seat. She had calmed down some by the time she got to the pre-school. Ryan came running up to her once she spotted her down the hall. Isla smiled. She looked so adorable in her burgundy school uniform, with that massive ponytail flying about as she ran.

"Hi Ry-girl" Isla greeted her as she slammed herself into Isla's legs.

"Mommy, can I go see Pop-Pop today?"

Isla kissed her chubby cheek and sadly declined the request of her daughter. Ryan didn't seem to mind once she was informed that her daddy was coming over and would probably eat dinner with them tonight.

At Isla's home, Michael was waiting. Ryan went barreling into him once she got out of the car. "Hi Daddy!"

"Hello Princess how was school today?"

"Good," was all Ryan would commit to when it came to school. Michael followed Isla into the apartment carrying Ryan in his arms as they continued to chat.

Isla walked into the condo and placed her keys on the table by the door. She went about her normal routing until she noticed Michael watching her intently. "What?"

Michael smiled. "You just seem different."

"Different how?"

"Just different." Michael would not elaborate any more than that. Isla simply shrugged her shoulders and went about pulling out ingredients to make a nice pasta dish and salad. Again Michael was watching her.

"OK, cowboy, spill it. Why are you staring at me?"

Michael continued to smile. "I am in awe of this domestic diva you have become." He laughed a little at the arch of her manicured brow. "What made you become so this." Michael waved his hands in the air as if to say he was at a loss for words.

"This, as you call it," she said mockingly waving her arms. "Is a result of Ryan. Me and my Ry-girl have been through a lot." When she thought she would say too much she stopped and turned away from him.

Michael sensed she was going to say more, but she did not say anything else on the subject. Michael felt her close that part of herself off from him and thought it best to let sleeping dogs lay. He decided to get to the point of the visit. "Isla, what are we going to do about your grandmother's will?"

"We are not going to do anything about it. I meant every word I said. They can take the entire two hundred and fifty million and give it to charity." She continued to slice cucumber for the salad as if she had said twenty-five dollars instead of a quarter of a billion dollars.

"How is that fair to Ryan?"

"Excuse me? I-I'm not sure I heard you correctly."

"I said how is that fair to Ryan?"

Isla smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Ryan will be fine. I have money of my own. You have money of your own. Not to mention my grandmother left my father in charge of all of her business matters until Ryan is of age to handle them herself."

"Or you reveal that I am her father, which ever comes first."

"So that's what this is about? You want control of Isla Marine, Inc." She walked over to within arms reach of where he was standing. She was no longer wearing the heels that she had sported earlier so she had to look up at him even more, as he towered over her. "What's it worth to you?"

"Its not worth anything to me, but to know I will be running it for my daughter's future benefit. I would do anything."

"Including spending a month in the same house with me?" She questioned.

"Yes."

"Then it's a deal. We can stay in your house in Virginia Beach."

Michael waited for the "but", but it never came. Isla simply turned away and continued making dinner. In the midst of shredding lettuce for the salad she looked up to Michael and said, "Don't forget the will states we have to live in the house for a month. If you leave early we forfeit the inheritance."

"I know exactly what it means."

"Then I suggest you be prepared."

Michael confirmed an itinerary and Isla called her parents to come over so that she could give them the news of Michael being Ryan's father. Diane was first to arrive and when she saw Michael with Ryan she knew instantly why her daughter had invited her over. "So you finally decided to tell him?"

"You knew?" Isla questioned.

Diane nodded slowly. She watched Isla knowing that she wanted to know how she had know Michael was Ryan's father. "I knew it the minute she was born. That one dimple in her cheek, and her mouth gave it away. She has her father's lips." Diane watched her daughter smile. "And I know you still love him, so be careful with this arrangement of yours Isla. If its not what's best for you and Ryan don't stay in it." That was all her mother had to say. Isla went into Diane's arms and kissed her cheek softly.

"Thanks mom."

"Anytime. Now you know your father is going to be a little slow to catch on to things, and the lawyer in him is going to want an explanation. Be prepared for the inquisition." Diane then smiled and caressed her daughter's cheek.

As Diane had said, Thomas was not so easy. He demanded to know why Michael never came to claim his child. Isla had to explain that Michael did not know about Ryan until her grandmother's funeral. That sent Thomas on another tangent about how Michael had a right to know and Isla had no right keeping his child away from him. Diane had walked over and touched Thomas' arm and he instantly calmed down. He looked into her dark brown eyes and without saying a word; he knew what she was saying. Isla took note of her parents and realized that her father was still in love with the ageless beauty that stood beside him, and her mother had love for her father as well.

Thomas turned his attention back to his daughter. "Issy, I just want you to do what is best for you and Ryan. Now that I know Ryan's estate is in capable hands, I will start the paperwork to transfer everything over to you and Michael." He then turned to Michael. I hope the month spent in Virginia will allow you to bond with your daughter now in a way that I did not when my girls were that age. I am sorry that you were kept away from Ryan. She is a real treasure to us all."

"Thanks, Thomas."

"Lady Di, if you will allow me to accompany you home." Thomas waited for her response. Hoping that she would not reject him as she always did.

"I did drive my car, but if you want to follow me to my house and then we can go grab a bite to eat."

Thomas took what was offered even though he wanted so much more. "After you." Thomas held the door as he allowed Diane to exit before him.

Once her parents were gone Isla cleaned the kitchen and began to pack for herself and Ryan. Michael had remained. He had decided to spend some time with Ryan while Isla did the packing. Isla was in her bedroom packing her luggage when Michael knocked on the door. "I take it our little darling is asleep?"

Michael only nodded. He had never ventured to this side of the hall way when putting Ryan to bed. He looked around at the décor and noticed it was all Isla. The room was sexy but soft with a hint of masculinity to it. Isla had stilled her hands from folding her clothes and stood before Michael with a red bikini top dangling from her fingers. The sight of the top started stirrings in places Michael didn't want to think about right now. Isla placed the items in her suitcase and turned toward Michael. 'I will walk you out."

She walked in front of Michael, and he could only be transfixed on her round bottom. He had always been an ass man, and Isla's was the best he had ever seen. At the door, he regained his composure. "Good night, Michael I will see you in the morning."

Michael just stared into her eyes. No words were needed when he knew what he wanted. He had to kiss her. Isla sensing what was about to happen, nervously licked her lips, and that was Michael's undoing. He roughly took her in his arms and his mouth claimed hers for his sole possession. He registered her original intent to resist, so he deepened the kiss. His tongue invaded her mouth and took claim of what he felt was his. When he felt her surrender, he entangled his hands in her mass of curls in an effort to bring her closer.

An alarm went off for Isla. A part of her wanted to end this right now, but the part of her that had craved his touch for the last four years defied her common sense self. She convinced herself that nothing was wrong with taking a kiss from the one person you had craved the taste of for four years. Nothing was wrong with it, except that they would be spending a month in a house together and she did not want Michael to think he could take certain liberties with her. She surfaced from her hazy thoughts and pushed against his chest. Muscle, that was all she felt. Michael was a well-built man with not one ounce of fat. Her finger itched to touch his skin. Nothing wrong with that she thought as he continued to kiss her senseless. Isla felt her hands moved towards the buttons of his shirt and something made her stop. She pushed against him again, but with more force. Michael released her, slowly. He continued to kiss her lips in soft quick butterfly kisses. He turned her face up toward him so she could see what he felt. "We are not done."

"I think we better call it a night, cowboy."

Michael kissed her gently once more, "we are no where near done." He released her and closed the door softly behind him as he left.

Isla immediately called Carmen and Jasmine on three way. After telling them the entire story including the kiss, Jasmine gave her an idea she had not yet considered. "What if it works out for you two this time?" Isla laughed it off, but those same thoughts continued to haunt her as she drifted off to sleep.