The Desirable Mrs Hawke

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But I am?"

"That's the logical conclusion isn't it?"

Catching the slightly frosty tone in that, Jimmy broke into a huge smile and danced Farrah around the room saying she was such a clever girl. "What will his name... um his or her name be?"

"Big Surprise."

"You're kidding."

"I guess tomorrow I'll agree with that."

"Well I'm thrilled. Please marry me Farrah."

"God, I've been half in fear you wouldn't ask."

"Well women do worry, don't they? What's the answer?"

"Oh yes, oh yes," Farrah said, dancing Jimmy round the room and looking at him adoringly.

"Let's go out to dinner."

"Um, what about the prospective grandparents?"

Jimmy scratched his ear. I guess in their shoes I'd be pissed off if learning I was made to wait till the next day for the news. Okay call them now."

When Farrah returned to the room she said all done and Jimmy threw down the newspaper. "Well?"

"I attempted to keep excitement out of my voice and said it had to be tonight and that made the two moms suspicious. I think they think it is an engagement announcement."

"We have time to shoot out to start looking for a ring but I really don't think..."

"I have been looking in recent days and found the one."

"Right, off we go."

"I have to change and do my hair and makeup."

"Fuck all that crap. Let's go. What's you attitude about alcohol?"

"One glass of quality champagne each twenty-four hours I suppose. I'll have to read up on that. I did ask Dr Lawrence about sex and he laughed and said I could make a pig of myself but nothing too robust. He recommended I lie on my back across the table."

Jimmy caught the mischievous grin but didn't say Dr Lawrence made no such recommendation.

They left the house, holding hands, very happily. As Jimmy drove downtown he asked, "What was your other news?"

"I have found the consultancy that comes within my ambit. I have engaged an accountant to perform due diligence for me."

"Oh that's excellent. Does it look promising?"

"Yes, very. You'll get good sex tonight; I am so excited."

"Well, I hope this doesn't give you emotional overload. I had lunch with Beatrice Swan today at her invitation. She's one of dad's partners. She asked me to consider attempting to return to my old firm. When she assured me dad had not influenced her to make that request I agreed and she phoned each of the partners and the meeting was set for 3:00. I went along. Dad was there and it was informal and amicable. I asked what were their conditions for me returning and was told only one, return of the $50,000 termination payment given me. I was asked what my demands were and I said only one, that I wanted a senior partnership. That really rocked them but dad grinned."

"Ohmigod, I can imagine them being rocked."

"I was asked to leave the room while they considered the proposal. Ten minutes later I was called back and Mary, acting as convenor, said my request to be admitted as an equity-sharing partner after buying my way in was not acceptable. The partners were agreeable to me returning as a lowly associate. I thought the bastards, they have me over a barrel and then I thought of something so chucked it at them in desperation."

"Are you saying you lied?"

"I'm saying I used my best scenario imagination to conjure up something. I said, 'Guys, my understanding from what I've heard on the law grapevine is this firm has lost some big potential clients involved in dissolution of marriage. That's because I'm not around to win them big payments, they knowing I have a growing reputation for effectively representing respondents in settlement negotiations'. Dad grinned, the others looked as if they'd just been shot."

"Oh my goodness. You hit the right button?"

"Yes and Mary, who mainly works with gays knew she was left hanging. So she asked weakly, "What are your terms for returning?" That was totally wrong, giving me the opening to present new terms so I modified them. I said I would return as a junior partner, that means I don't share in profits – and losses – but that I wished to retain my severance payout of $50,000 in compensation for being overly harshly treated causing a further and unnecessary hit on my reputation and the humility I'd suffered had been significant and I will have lost most if not all of my clients."

"God, you almost have me crying."

"There was no discussion. Mary proposed a motion that I be reinstated on the terms I'd outlined. Dad abstained and everyone voted in favour. I return to the office on Monday week.

* * *

Dinner went well, if a little brittle for a few moments. That occurred when Farrah modestly made the big announcement.

"Guys, I have some news for you."

The parents looked expectantly, mothers eyeing the empty left hand ring finger.

"I'm pregnant."

The Thompson's, already with seven grandchildren, looked aghast, while the Crowley's, without grandchildren, looked at Jimmy astonished and proudly.

"Oh Farrah, how could you, at your age," Sylvie her mom almost sobbed, and turned to Hugh for a comforting hug.

"Don't be mean mommy; think of me and my feelings rather than what your friends will think."

"Oh darling, I'm sorry," she said, breaking away from Hugh to hug Farrah.

"Oh I'm so delighted, overwhelmed," Anna Crowley said, rushing to join the huddle.

Jimmy held up his hand and the watchful server arrived with the champagne and flutes just as Charles Crowley said he hoped Jimmy intended making an honest woman of Farrah. Jimmy ignored the comment but when everyone's flute was filled he walked around to Farrah, dropped to a knee, and the three women went "Oooh."

"Farrah Thompson, the delight of my life, will you please marry me and cherish and obey me?"

The smiles were huge around the table and Farrah said, "Yes dear Jimmy, thank you. I will marry you and thanks for giving me what I desired."

* * *

With Farrah on her back on the table, panting for it, Jimmy pulled off her panties and went to go down on her but Farrar's hand on his forehead held him off. "No Jimmy, until after the birth it is advisable you don't do that."

"Oh come on Farrah, you revel in a lusty lick."

"Darling, think of baby. We have to compromise to avoid undue stress and random infection."

"Um... ah... oh yes. But please seek expert advice on this. I saw your mother whispering to you."

Blushing at being caught out Farrah said she would.

* * *

Jimmy arrived home elated from his first day back at Chas. Crowley & Partners' law office, having experienced a warm welcome from everyone and had already called eight of his former clients and six had said they'd return to him and one of the other two said she would think about it.

He found Farrah with three younger women. Farrah was drinking mineral water; the others were finishing cocktails.

"Hi ladies."

"Hi Jimmy," they chorused.

Farrah rushed over and kissed him and then said, "Jimmy I'd like you to meet my sisters, all married and all younger than me."

"Oh delighted."

Jimmy kissed Shelia, Libby and Maxine as they were introduced and was told the fourth sister lived in London.

A few minutes later the sisters said they must go to prepare late dinner for their families. They all lined up to be kissed by Jimmy and grouped around Farrah at the front door while Jimmy poured himself a drink.

"I'm so delighted," Farrah said, breezing into the kitchen and checking the oven. "All sisters have agreed to cooperate to provide you with robust sex during my latter stages of pregnancy and immediate post-birth."

"What!"

"Calm down darling. They really like the look of you. We'll draw up a roster."

"But they can't; that's involving us all in adultery and we'll also be well married by then. It would be irresponsible and immoral of me to do that. I'm a lawyer."

"Hush darling; you'll love it and they are really excited and called me 'innovative'. That's a change from the names my sisters sometimes called me years ago."

"But darling, you can't allow it. If you mother found out she'd kill me and my mom would probably hand her the axe."

"Darling, it's all under control. The roster on the kitchen wall will merely state visiting days at weekends and what other reason would my mom have for my sisters visiting me on roster?"

"I-I don't know."

"Exactly. Just get it into your head darling this is one of the reason one has sisters."

"Huh?"

THE END