The Essence Within Ch. 00

Story Info
Non erotic sci-fi story of self discovery.
1k words
4.31
5k
2

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 10/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

The year is 2246; a yet unknown man comes to power in the country of Ethiopia. No one pays much attention to this, due to most countries in that part of the world being in a constant state of war. After the third and fourth world wars, Africa was ignored completely by the other countries of the world. The continent wasn't viewed as a threat because these countries were never able to catch up to the technology levels of the American and European countries. No one could predict how dangerous this man would prove to be.

No one knows the true name of this man; those that did seemed to have mysteriously disappeared around the time he came to power. While plotting his next move the ruler hears whispers of a unique tribe of people with an interesting gift located in the mountains of Congo. This tribe is able to absorb the essence of the fallen to perform great feats, whether it is healing a sick companion, or to making water and food appear from thin air. On learning this, the ruler wonders if he might be able to mold one of the members of the tribe to be able to use the gift for his evil purpose.

He sends a scout to the area believed to be where the tribe is living to determine what it would take to acquire a member of the tribe. He waits impatiently for his scout to return with the information he desires. Two weeks pass before his scout returns, once debriefed, the ruler can't believe how easy it appears to be to acquire his prize. Setting out with twenty of his most highly trained and trusted guards, he heads to Congo.

Upon the arrival at the tribe the bloodbath that ensues is devastating. The ruler, using the guise of friendship, gains entry to the tribe's camp. He takes note of all the members of the tribe, trying to find a member he feels will best fit his needs. Just when he's about to give up, he spies a ten month old baby sitting on the ground at the feet of a female tribe member. Trying to contain his excitement, he make his way to where his guard is stationed to begin making the plans to take his prize.

The tribe members, believing the ruler is there to help them, are caught by surprise at the ferocity of the attack. Not trained to fight back every single member of the tribe is slaughtered except for the infant. Taking the baby to raise as his own son, the ruler returns to Ethiopia. Once he returns, he instructs his scholars to search any document they can find in regards to the ability of his "son". He then names the child Jonathon Hugh. After a year has passed, the ruler has been shown a great deal of the techniques it's believed Jonathon will be able to perform with his ability. The ruler then begins to teach Jonathon all the sinister techniques he can.

Ten years have passed since that fateful day. Jonathon, now eleven, believes the ruler is his father and has master all of the abilities taught to him called Necronomus. The most important technique acquired is the ability to absorb the energy of a fallen foe called essence. However to use this ability he must learn how to dispatch an enemy, with this in mind he begins to learn to use a specially designed sword. This sword when used as the death blow frees the essence from the body allowing it to be collected.

Four years later, the ruler believes it's time to begin his plan. Jonathon has grown in ability and skill, far exceeding the hopes of his father. The ruler quietly starts scouting the rest of the countries of Africa, after 3 months the campaign begins. In a remarkably fast and brutal campaign Africa falls to the ruler in only 3 months. No country can stop their advance, nor dares try. China, Russia, England, United States, and France (the major countries left after the war) ignore what happens in Africa, not believing they are under any threat of this ruler and his son. Not stopping in his advance, 6 months after Africa fell, Europe falls to him. Three months later Asia falls. People might think that is impossible but seeing the ruthlessness of Necronomus, not many actually got to witness it and lived. No weapons can seem to touch Jonathon, once the enemy has given away their position, in seconds not a single enemy will remain. By this point the government of the United States is trying to figure out how to stop Jonathon. Knowing there's no chance, they surrender to save lives. A year and a half after it begins the world has been conquered and now is under the rule of one person. No longer just a ruler he's now called the Emperor.

While resistance groups exist, none dare stand up to the Emperor. Those that have were quickly dispatched in a very public execution at the hands of Jonathon. The emperor ruled with an iron fist, many believe his ruthlessness is inhuman; believing there's something driving him, and no one can seem to find any proof of it. Roughly a year after the fall of the world, the Emperor begins to become restless, he wants more. He gathers up the scientists of the world instructing them to focus on space travel.

With no longer having to compete with different countries, the scientists are able to make astonishing advancements. In the following Five years after being assigned to the task, they discover and build a faster than light engine. Two years later man visits the edge of the solar system. Two years after that there's a fleet of ships exploring the galaxies closest to earth, complete with weapons and shields.

Six months later, a report is filed from a ship barely escaping an encounter with a highly advanced race of beings.