The Fall and Rise of David Beckman Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
K.K.
K.K.
3,053 Followers

"That is what he should do but that is not what is going to happen," I said. "I have no intention of ever working for Mike Boswell again. As for Bill, Mike will find out about him soon enough."

"If you aren't going back to BDS, what will you do?" Erica asked.

I wondered for a moment if I should trust Erica but then realized that if there were any hope for us I would have to trust her. I looked directly into her eyes and said, "You can't tell anyone what I am about to tell you, at least for another couple of weeks. I am starting my own business. Well, not exactly my own. I have joined into a partnership called Henning, Spears and Beckman."

"You have gone into business with Jeff?" Erica asked. "I thought he had started his own company. How did you get involved with him?"

I told Erica about the business that Jeff and Don had started and that I had joined with them. "And they took you in as a partner? How did you talk them into that?" Erica asked.

"I had something to trade," I said.

"What?"

"I had the Clinton Products deal in my pocket. We are going to meet with the CEO next week and hopefully we will walk out of that meeting with a signed contract," I said. "Wow. That's great. Oh, I get it now. When Mike finds out he lost the contract he will be pissed. Are you going to tell him that it was Bill's fault that he lost the contract?" Erica asked.

"No. I'll let Mike figure that out by himself. Besides, I think the two of them deserve each other. In the meantime I will be stealing employees and customers from BDS. Bill is supposed to meet with Clinton Products later next week. That is when he will find out they are not going to sign a contract with BDS. He will have to cover that up somehow. If he manages to get away with that, I may have to send Mike an anonymous e-mail with the URLs for the WSJ articles that will be the end of Bill's job at BDS. But I am in no hurry."

*****

You might think that Erica and I made wild and passionate love that night but that didn't happen. She hadn't slept the night before and was exhausted and I wasn't quite ready to jump into bed with her like nothing had ever happened. My nerves were still a little raw.

*****

In the morning Erica called her office and spoke to her boss. She explained that she had a personal family emergency and had to come back home. Luckily he didn't press her for the nature of her emergency. Erica told him she needed the day off but that she would be back to work on Thursday.

Erica spent the day doing some housework and grocery shopping and generally staying out of my way as much as possible. I spent the day in my office making calls as I tried to recruit employees for Henning, Spears and Beckman. By two o'clock in the afternoon I had a verbal agreement from Bob McClure that he would come work for me starting the first of the month. That would allow him to give two weeks notice at BDS. Bob also gave me the names of two other BDS techs that he was sure would be glad to jump ship and come work for me. I also managed to line up a former BDS employee in Kennesaw to work for us up there. By the end of the day I had lined up almost all of the skills we would need to deliver on the Clinton Products contract.

That evening I was tempted to make love to Erica but I felt an uneasiness between us that prevented that from happening. The last few weeks had taken an emotional toll on us and it was going to take some time for us to get back to where we were before Bill Nelson entered my life.

Thursday I spent most of the day on the phone with Jeff and Don talking about our plan of action. Jeff had managed to find a couple of BDS retirees that were willing to come work for us part time, which gave us what we needed to take on the Clinton Products project and continue to service our current customers.

At five o'clock I called Erica and asked her to meet me for dinner after work. I was already seated at the restaurant when Erica came in. From the expression on her face, I couldn't tell if she was happy to be there or not. As soon as she sat down, the waiter came over and asked for our drink order. When he left, Erica looked into my eyes for a moment.

"Bill called me at work today," she said.

I felt my heart start to beat a little faster. "What did he want?"

"He said he was worried about me. He said that after he left my room in LA he went back to his room and called home. Apparently Diane told him that you had called the house and that she had told you that Bill was in LA and where he was staying."

I didn't think Diane would keep my call a secret. It didn't matter now.

"Bill said he tried to call my room several times but either my phone was busy or there was no answer," Erica continued. "He said he was afraid to leave a message because he thought you might hear it. When he called the room again on Tuesday and found out I had left the hotel he was sure that something was wrong."

My heart was really pounding now. "What did you tell him?"

"I told him the truth. I said that you had found out that he was in LA and assumed that we were going to have an affair. I said that you called the room and said you were in the hotel just to scare us. I told him that, as soon as I found out that you hadn't really come to LA, I booked the first flight I could get to come back home."

"What else did you tell him?" I asked.

"I told him that we had a big fight but that I was going to do everything possible to save my marriage," Erica said.

"Did you tell him that I knew what he did to me?"

Erica smiled for the first time since she had come into the restaurant. "No. I didn't want to spoil the surprise."

Erica put her hand on top of mine and studied my face for a moment. "David, are we going to be okay?"

"Well, I didn't ask you out to dinner to break up with you if that's what you're worried about," I said. "I was hoping to start rebuilding our marriage tonight."

Erica moved her hand to my cheek and said, "That's what I want too."

Conversation was difficult as it was impossible to ignore the events of the last few weeks and try to make small talk. I guess I would have to credit Erica with the breakthrough.

"I guess we can't just pretend nothing is wrong so let's talk about it. I'll start," she said. "First of all I need you to understand that I am not in love with Bill. I was in love with him in college but not since then. I have always loved you more than I ever loved Bill. During this ... well, let's just call it our misunderstanding, I only thought of Bill as a friend, someone I could trust because I thought he was trying to help you. I never thought that I was doing anything wrong. I realize now that I was doing the wrong things for the right reasons. Now I just feel like a complete fool. I am sorry for the pain I caused you but I need to know that you still love me."

I took her hand in mine and held it and, as I looked into her eyes, I said, "I was faced with the prospect of living without you and, although I was sure I could handle it, I didn't want to. I realize that my behavior over the last couple of months put a strain on our marriage but you have to understand how frustrating it was for me. I knew that someone was messing with my contracts and making me look bad but no one would believe me, including you. I can't begin to tell you how much it hurt to see that you had lost faith in me. You thought that I was no longer competent in my job and you actually thought I was having a mental breakdown. I want to save this marriage. I still love you but I have to know that in the future you will stand by me and not let other people drive a wedge between us."

"I really can't explain how this happened," Erica said. "I can only promise that it will never happen again. It was naïve of me to believe that Bill was trying to help you after he began suggesting that we meet for a drink. I should have immediately distanced myself from him when he started trying to get me to go out with him. It was never my intention to do anything that wasn't in your best interests but I let myself get misled. I don't know what else I can tell you other than to say I am sorry I didn't believe you from the start and I am sorry that I let you down when you needed me most."

I brought Erica's hand up to my lips and kissed it. "I don't think we need to talk about this anymore tonight. I love you and I believe that you love me and that's all that is important right now," I said.

*****

After dinner we left the restaurant holding hands. I walked Erica over to her car and kissed her and said, "I'll see you at home."

Erica pulled out of the parking lot as I was getting in my car. I was about halfway home when my cell phone began to chime. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Erica's phone.

"What's up?" I answered.

"I just wanted to tell you that I just removed my panties and that by the time I pull into the garage I will be completely naked. When you get home I want you to join me in my car."

"How the hell am I supposed to drive now? I have three legs now and two of them are pushing on the gas pedal," I said.

"I guess you won't be very far behind me then," Erica said. "I've got to hang up now so I can get my skirt off at the next traffic light."

"Don't get stopped for speeding."

"Why, do you think a cop would give a ticket to a naked women?"

"It's not a ticket I am worried about him giving you."

"Silly, no one gets to give me that but you," Erica said as she laughed. It was the first time I had heard her laugh in a long time. It felt good to hear it.

Five minutes later my phone rang again.

"Almost home. I am only wearing my bra now," Erica said. "I'll wait till I am inside the garage to remove it. My nipples are getting hard and I think I am leaving a wet spot on my seat."

"Damn, you are going to make me cum before I even get home," I said.

When I finally pulled into the garage, Erica was already in the back seat of her car waiting for me. I got out of my car and quickly moved around to the open door of her car. As I climbed into the car with her, Erica began to unbutton my shirt.

"Why here?" I asked. "Why not go up to our bedroom where we can be comfortable?"

"I just want you inside me right now. I want it fast and hard. Then I want you to take me to bed and make love to me," Erica said.

I looked at her lying there completely naked and knew I could not say no to her. Erica wasn't interested in foreplay; she just wanted me inside her. She practically tore my shirt off and then went to work on opening my pants. When she had managed to get my pants and shorts down around my knees, Erica pulled me down on top of her. She lifted her left leg up on top of the back seat and her right leg was on the floor. As I moved on top of her, Erica reached between us and guided my cock to her opening. She was wet although not as wet as she usually was when I penetrated her but, as soon as I started stroking into her, she got wet very quickly.

It was difficult for me to move in the confines of her car but that didn't deter me from pounding into Erica as fast and hard as I could. I was a bit surprised at how aroused we both were given that I hadn't even kissed her before pushing my cock inside her. Luckily I lasted only five minutes before I climaxed. If it had taken any longer, I might not have ever been able to walk again. I am not sure if Erica had an orgasm or not. I didn't think that she did but it didn't seem to bother her.

When I pulled my limp cock out of her, I noticed our sexual juices leaking out of her pussy and running down onto the car seat. I backed out of the car and pulled my pants up. Then I helped Erica out.

"I'll get something to clean up the mess on your seat," I said.

"Leave it. I'll clean it tomorrow," she said.

"It'll leave a stain if we don't clean it now."

"That's okay. It will always remind me of what we just did. Come on, let's go up to bed."

Erica left her clothes in the car and led the way into the house. As I followed her up the stairs to our bedroom I couldn't help but notice the residue of our coupling running down the inside of Erica's thigh. I would have never believed that I would find that sight erotic but I did. By the time we got to our bedroom, my cock was already half erect and was growing.

"Shall we hop into the shower?" Erica asked.

"No, I think I want to eat you just the way you are."

"Are you sure you don't want me to wash myself first?" Erica asked.

"Erica, I want to go down on you right now and I know that is what you want too."

"You're right. I would love for you to do that again but only if you really want to do it. I wouldn't enjoy it if I thought it wasn't what you wanted too."

"Just get on the bed and spread those beautiful legs for me."

Erica quickly pulled the bedspread and blankets down and lay down on top of the sheets. I got between her legs and pressed my mouth against her sticky pussy. The taste didn't bother me in the least but I knew that had a lot to do with how aroused I was at the moment. I suddenly had a flash to a story I read about a guy that liked to eat his wife's pussy after she had sex with another man. I remembered that at the time I read that I thought it was pretty sick. I was sure I would never do anything like that. Well, I was still sure that I would never eat another man's leavings from my wife's pussy but I was having no problem cleaning up my own mess.

Erica began to orgasm shortly after I started sucking on her clit. I think she had at least two, maybe three, orgasms before she asked me to stop. She said she was too sensitive and needed to give her little pussy a rest. I moved up next to Erica and then she turned so that she could take my cock into her mouth. I thought that she would work on me until I was completely erect and then ask me to put it inside her but she surprised me. Erica licked, kissed and sucked on my cock until I climaxed in her mouth. She then swallowed my whole load. When she was done, she smiled at me.

"Now we are even. We have both had a taste of your mess," she said and then kissed me.

Erica played with my cock for a while but it seemed that he had retired for the night. Erica pulled the blanket up over us and then lay on her side pressing her soft butt cheeks into me. Erica was asleep in just a few minutes.

*****

When I woke in the morning I felt great. I had no doubts about Erica and I was looking forward to my meeting with Jeff and Don.

By the time I showered and dressed, Erica was already in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee. I poured myself a cup and sat down next to her at the table.

'What time will you be back from Augusta tonight?" Erica asked.

"I should be home by seven."

"What would you like for dinner? I'll try and have it ready when you get home."

"I can't be sure exactly what time I'll get home so why don't I call you when I'm about an hour from home and then you can order a pizza."

"Don't work too hard today because I want more of what we did last night," Erica said. "So do I."

It had been months since I had felt that good and I could see that Erica was happy too. I got up to get myself a bowl of cereal and Erica turned her attention to the newspaper. I watched her from behind for a moment and felt a lump in my throat. It was the realization that I had come close to losing her. If she hadn't come home from LA when she did, it might have been to late to save the marriage. Watching her reading the paper just made everything feel so normal. I suddenly wasn't hungry. I wasn't upset; I just didn't feel the need for food.

I went back over to the table and bent down and kissed Erica on the neck. "You got time for a little action before I leave?" I asked.

"Now? I have to take my shower and get ready for work," Erica said.

"We can do it in the shower and then I'll help you get washed."

Erica looked at me for a moment to see if I was serious. "Okay, let's go."

*****

An hour later I was on my way to Augusta. My hair was still wet from my second shower of the morning but I was in a great mood.

At eleven o'clock that morning Jeff, Don and I sat down with Harvey Turnbull, our attorney, and went over the partnership documents. By noon our new company was a reality. The three of us spent the rest of the day going over our notes for Monday's meeting with George Harris. I had decided to let Jeff and Don take the lead in the meeting. George already knew me and we had a good relationship. I wanted him to get acquainted with Jeff and Don. I was sure that they would make a very good impression on George and I felt that he would need to have confidence in all three of us before he would give us his business.

We finished up for the day just before five o'clock. We made plans to meet at a coffee shop in Macon on Monday morning to go over our presentation one last time before our meeting with George Harris.

I got home shortly after seven o'clock to find a hot pizza and a cold beer waiting for me. After eating, Erica and I went into the family room to watch television but ended up having sex on the floor instead. I guess there was nothing good on TV anyway.

*****

On Monday, Jeff, Don and I had our meeting with George Harris and his team. I introduced everyone and then let Don take over the presentation. We showed the Clinton Products' team how we planned to execute the project plan we put together. We explained our staffing and who would be working on their project. After the presentation, there were a lot of questions from the Clinton Products' team, which Jeff answered. By the end of the afternoon everyone seemed satisfied that we could deliver what we promised.

At four o'clock, George asked us to leave so that he could meet with his team and he walked us to the door. George put his hand on my shoulder as we walked and whispered to me, "Don't go too far away. I think you will have to come back to sign a contract."

I waited till we were outside the building before I told Jeff and Don what George had said to me. We drove back to the coffee shop we had started our day at and sat nervously waiting for George to call us back.

The call came at 4:45 PM. "Congratulations, you got the job," George said before I even had a chance to say hello. "Come on back and lets get the contract signed so I can go home."

I called Erica and gave her the good news and then we drove back over to Clinton Products to finalize the contract.

During our final meeting with George, after he signed our contract, he told me that Bill Nelson was coming out to meet with him on Friday. I asked George if he was going to cancel the meeting now that he had signed with us.

"No. I want to make him suffer a little. I don't like that he dug up that old news story and tried to use it against you. Whatever is going on between the two of you had nothing to do with Clinton Products and he should have left us out of his game," George said.

"George, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell Bill that I know what he did," I said. "Just tell him that I came in and sold you on my new company."

"No problem. I just want to see him squirm when I tell him that he is not getting my business."

*****

When I got home that evening, Erica had dinner waiting for me. As we ate dinner, I looked across the table at her. The last few days had been so great that I was already starting to forget the pain of the last few months. Erica noticed me staring at her.

"What?"

"I didn't say anything," I replied.

"You were looking at me like you were about to say something."

"I was just thinking," I said.

"Thinking about what?"

"How much I love you."

Erica began to smile but at the same time her eyes filled with water and her voice cracked when she spoke. "You will never be able to love me as much as I love you right now."

K.K.
K.K.
3,053 Followers