The Familiar Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had wondered already that night, what a priest's reaction would be to her claim of being hunted by some sort of a demonic angel with an over foot-long dong. God, what would her mother do, if she heard that her daughter, who she already figured for being a closeted lesbian with her short hair and her art major, claimed that she was being hunted by some monster with a desire for her?

For the first time since Scratch had spoken to her, Catherine smiled at the thought of what her mother's face would look like, if she explained what she was being followed by. Although she would look outraged, there was no doubt that the woman would envy her, even if Scratch was a demon -- since before her father's demise, her mother was always looking for the next hot, young cock to jump onto.

Once she got home, Catherine put the first of the ten horror movies that she had got at the only rental place in town in the little DVD player and began to play a web game on her lap top. Every once in a while, she made a point to aggressively chug at one of the energy shots that she had bought.

Around four movies later, even with all of the caffeine running at full speed through her body, Catherine began to feel symptoms of fatigue. After throwing the bottles of energy drink against the wall, Catherine began the process of making some black coffee.

Two more movies later (sometime around six in the morning), Catherine began to feel her body kicking at her, demanding sleep. The television screen seemed to take on a blurred, unreal look, and the computer screen felt as though it was burning into her eyes.

Memories of when her insomnia had been really bad came back to Catherine, as she worriedly recalled that the last time that she had had intensely bad insomnia had been years ago. Since then, she had managed to fall into a normal pattern of sleep almost every night.

Forgot about that fact, when you boasted about being an insomniac, didn't you?

Catherine moaned, and was in the mental process of thinking that she should go for a walk when she felt her consciousness slipping away.

Some unknown amount of time later, she opened her eyes with a start, realizing that for however much time it had been, she must have fallen asleep.

Fear and shock came over her, and she searched her room, her eyes darting to the ring on her finger, to the lit bathroom, every corner of her room, and then, finally, to the covered window. A sigh of relief gusted out of her, when she saw the sliver of weak sunlight the poured from the small crack in the curtains. She had won, and whoever -- whatever -- Scratch was, she may have gotten enough time to get help to deal with him. There had to be a church in town, somewhere...

Pushing the hot, sleeping lap top from off of her, Catherine slowly tried to get up, and came to her feet as she realized that the movie on the television was still, despite however long she must have been out for, playing.

"When we sleep, that's when he can get us. Whatever happens in the dreams... they become real. But, as long as we don't fall asleep," One of the characters in the movie said, slowly, "then the boogeyman won't get us."

"Yeah, but we'll all fall asleep, eventually." Another one of the characters said, regretfully.

When the television suddenly shut itself off, and when the loud sound of a man's laughter boomed off of the walls in the hotel room, Catherine realized with cold horror that she had not just woken up from her sleep.

She had just fallen asleep, and, now standing in front of her, just close enough so that his massive erection could brush, hot, against her stomach, was Scratch.

12