The Fighting Finnegan's Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers

"Yeah I spoke with the Doctor. He should pull through."

"What the hell are you doing here...go to the hospital."

"Why?"

"Well he's your Dad."

"I know that Peter. I'm sending some flowers and I'll visit tonight some time."

"Ok IMG will send flowers as well. I'll get Marsha to organise that."

"This will work out great for IMG Peter."

"What do you mean Billy?"

"I know his contract back to front. We can immediately terminate his contract with IMG."

"On what grounds Billy?"

"Medical grounds. Regardless of the outcome Dad will be out for action for a long time if not permanently. The contract stipulates that he has to be available at all times for IMG promotions, functions and of course the training of Ernie. He can't now so he has technically breeched the contract."

"Christ Billy...that's too cold even for me. The man is fighting for his life and you are going to sack him? But it's your client and your contract but let me warn you, your actions may have consequences. I don't want to lose Ernie Johnson over this feud."

"Peter...you worry too much. Marsha is typing up the termination letter now and he will get a nice fat cheque as severance pay. I'll send the letter and cheque today so he's officially finished with IMG as of now. All I need to do is call Ernie in get him to sign a new extended contract with IMG as his current contract expires after the Jackson fight. Once that's done we are back in control. Everyone will be too worried about Dad to interfere, it can't fail."

"Alright Billy but this better not blow up in your face."

--------------------

Jack was still looking for any signs of improvement but he saw nothing. Matt, Vera, Lyn and RJ turned up to relieve Jack, Ernie and Cathy. Cathy took RJ and Jack updated everyone on the latest information. They would be back at 9am the next morning so they headed home to rest up.

They all decided to stay at Gary's house in case the hospital called. Jack set Cathy and RJ up in his Dad's room where he would join them later. First Ernie asked to speak with Jack.

"How can I help Ernie?"

"Jack...I know this is a lousy time but I need some advice."

"Sure Ernie tell me the problem."

"Jack I don't want to sound shallow but I have a fight in 5 weeks against Reuben Jackson in Sydney and I don't know what to do."

"Are you ready?"

"Not without Gary I'm not."

"Well postpone the fight."

"Jack...I don't think I can. With Gary ill IMG will take control since Gary has always dealt with them .To make things worse I've been ordered in tomorrow afternoon with Billy as we were in the middle of contract negotiations."

"When does your contract finish with IMG?"

"About the same time as the Jackson fight."

"Are you going to sign with IMG?"

"Well that's the thing Jack. I was only going to sign if Gary was remaining with IMG. Now it's up in the air. I don't know what to do."

"Gee it's a tough one Ernie. I'm probably not the best person to ask for advice as you know I don't like IMG."

"I know that but you know boxing."

"I suggest you buy some time Ernie."

"What?"

"Call Billy and tell him you need some time due to Dad's condition. You will meet with him at the end of the week to discuss the fight and the new contract. Hopefully we'll know Dad's condition by then."

"Thanks Jack! That should work. I'll call Billy now."

As Ernie left to call Billy Jack was feeling drained. But on the bright side he had a loving women waiting for him and a darling little boy. Jack went to bed.

--------------------

Billy was pissed off. Ernie Johnson had just called and postponed the meeting until the end of the week. He was put out but felt that once he had Ernie sign the contract he was all Billy's. Billy jumped into his car and headed for his favourite bar thinking he'd then go to the hospital afterwards.

--------------------

Jack woke up due to knocking at the bedroom door. It was 8:15am. He had a pretty good sleep and it definitely had a lot to do with the fact that he had his arms around the woman he loved all night. Jack got out of bed, quietly opened the bedroom door and stepped into the hall.

"Ernie is everything ok?"

"Yeah Jack but a courier delivered a package from IMG this morning addressed to your Dad."

"Have you opened it?"

"No. Should I?"

"Probably. It might have something to do with the Jackson fight. I'll come down with you."

Both men headed down stairs. It was really just a large thin envelope. Jack tore it open and started reading the contents.

"That piece of shit."

"Jack what's wrong?"

"They terminated his contract Ernie! IMG terminated his contract!"

"Based on what?"

"Based on medical grounds."

"They can't do that. No one knows what's happening yet"

"Well they did and have provided a severance cheque."

"Those sons of bitches. I'm ringing Billy right now and tell him where he can shove his new contract."

"Hold up there Ernie. I don't want you screwing up your career. You and Dad worked too hard. You need advice. I'm going to call Scott Rankin and I'm sure he'll come over and speak with you."

"Thanks Jack. You're just like your Dad always looking out for my best interests."

Jack made the call and Scott promised he would be over in the next hour to talk with Ernie. By that time Cathy was up, had bathed RJ and started breakfast. They all ate then Jack, Cathy and RJ left for the hospital. Ernie remained at home waiting for Scott.

--------------------

At the hospital Lyn was at Gary's bedside and Matt and Vera had gone to the cafeteria to get breakfast. Lyn smiled when she saw them and lit up when RJ came running towards her. Lyn scooped him up and gave him a hug.

"You look happy Lyn."

"Yeah what gives Mum?"

"You just missed Doctor McCarthy. He thinks Gary is going to make it and they will be taking Gary out of the induced coma tomorrow. Isn't that wonderful!"

"It sure is" said Cathy and Jack in unison

Matt and Vera arrived back at the room with breakfast for Lyn. Matt motioned Jack outside so he left everyone else talking.

"Jack did you hear the good news?"

"Yeah it sounds promising."

"I guess Lyn didn't talk to you about the visitor last night."

"No who was it?"

"It was Billy."

"How did it go?"

"Not well Jack. He was drunk and started saying some nasty things to Lyn. He then progressed on to you and Cathy."

"He had Lyn in tears and I had to physically remove him with the help of security. He was told not to come back."

"It figures... I don't know how he sleeps at night. We received a package this morning he terminated Dad's contract."

"That fucking bastard!"

"Exactly."

"Don't worry Uncle Matt. Billy will pay."

-------------------

Ernie was pleased with the way the meeting was progressing. Scott was very upfront and offered some sound advice. Considering that Ernie knew what to do.

"Scott I want to sign a contract with Rankin Management and I want to postpone the Jackson fight."

"Ernie you should get legal advice first."

"No Scott. I've seen what you did for Jack's career and my only stipulation is that Gary continues to be my trainer if he recovers."

"Ok Ernie it can be done but it will have to be post-dated until your IMG contract officially finishes."

"Let's do it Scott. Once I sign I'll call IMG myself."

--------------------

Billy was just finishing up a meeting when he was called into Peter Johns' office.

"Hey Peter, Marsha said you needed to see me."

"Sit down Billy."

"Ok what's wrong?"

"I warned you Billy that some actions have greater consequences than others."

"What do you mean?"

"Ernie Johnson just phoned me."

"Well you know I am meeting with Ernie at the end of the week."

"Not anymore."

"Don't tell me he postponed again."

"No he didn't fucking postpone again Billy. He rang to inform me that he had just signed a contract with Rankin Management."

"Not again! Bloody Scott Rankin!"

"No not Scott Rankin... you Billy."

"What do you mean me?"

"It seems that a package was received this morning with a termination letter for Gary Finnegan. Ernie said he couldn't be represented by such a cold blooded company. He has asked us to postpone the upcoming fight with Jackson and if we won't he'll refuse to fight."

"Jesus Christ I'll speak to him."

"Talk is over Billy he has already signed the contract with Rankin. IMG has just lost the most promising athlete in our company. I warned you not to carry on this family feud and as I said there are consequences.

I've overlooked a lot of things Billy including your heavy drinking for one thing but not this. As of 5pm today you no longer work for IMG."

"You piece of crap! I made this company and this is how you reward me? How many times did I land the big fish?"

"No Billy. You've made IMG a laughing stock. First you can't land your own brother and now Ernie. No legitimate boxer will ever want to be represented by us. We are finished in the sport of boxing."

"You fucking ingrate! I'll destroy you!"

Peter calmly turned and picked up his phone.

"Marsha call security."

Billy saw red, how could his mentor do this to him? He had sacrificed everything for him. Peter Johns didn't expect a physical attack but he got one. By the time security got to Peter Johns' office he was unconscious and lying in a pool of blood. Billy was nowhere to be found.

--------------------

Everyone stayed all night at the hospital. Ernie came up with Scott and told Jack the good news about leaving IMG. Jack had better news for Ernie. Earlier that day Jack had called his trainer David Angelo and told him of the situation.

David would be organising a visa and coming to Australia to train Jack for his first defence and would be working with Ernie as well until Gary recovered. Ernie was over the moon with the news about Gary and Angelo. It was turning into a great day.

--------------------

Jack, Cathy and RJ had headed home to sleep. Jack turned on his phone and it immediately indicated messages waiting. Everyone got settled and he checked the messages one was from a Channel 9 reporter asking Jack if he would like to comment on the arrest of his brother Billy Finnegan.

Jack went to the television and turned it on to the news channel. Sure enough it was all there. Billy had been arrested on charges of grievous bodily harm. Jack picked up the phone and called Scott.

"Scott did you hear about Billy?"

"Yeah I just got a call from a newspaper reporter."

"Can you find him a lawyer? He's an asshole but he's unfortunately my Brother."

"Leave it with me Jack."

"Thanks Scott."

--------------------

Apart from Billy the next few days were filled with joy. Gary came out of his coma and was doing well Doctor McCarthy believed he would make a full recovery but he would have to dramatically alter his lifestyle. Gary decided on retirement and Lyn would move in with him at the house when he was out of the hospital. Ernie would remain with them also.

David Angelo had organised his visa and would be heading out to Australia for training with the first defence to happen midyear. Ernie Johnson would be joining Jack as David now had 2 fighters to train. Eventually both knew they would have to head to America.

Jack then decided to make things official and he asked Cathy to marry him (again). She said yes and they would marry after the first title defence. Jack figured things couldn't get any better until he received a call from Scott Rankin.

"Jack its Scott"

"Scott how are you."

"Ok Mate. Look Billy has refused the lawyer and said and I quote tell Jack to go fuck himself. He's going with a legal aid lawyer."

"What a fool, does he know he's looking at 7 years prison time?"

"He knows Jack but he did ask to see you."

"When? Because I know where."

--------------------

So it was on a cool March day that Jack found himself standing outside Ackland Prison. Jack made his way through all the security protocols and found himself waiting on a bench for Billy.

Billy Finnegan came out in his grey issued prison overalls and made a beeline for Jack who sat across the screen and table.. Billy hurriedly sat down. This was the first time the Brothers faced each other in years.

"Wow the Champ is here."

"Ok Billy you've made your point."

"No little brother I haven't even started to make my point."

"Look Billy I only came here today to convince you to take my offer of a lawyer."

"Fuck your lawyer. You think you've won Jacky boy but you haven't"

"What is wrong with you Billy? Since when was it a competition?"

"It's always been a competition golden boy."

"Only to you Billy."

"You're a real prick Jack. You started this whole chain of events. All you had to do was sign with me and IMG but no...you knew it all."

"Are you still hung up on that? I signed with Scott to get you off my back and because Scott's a good guy."

"Scott's a fucking loser. I would have made you a multi millionaire by now."

"It's always about the money isn't it Billy. Some things are more important than money."

"Like what."

"Family for starters."

"Family! Look at your family Jacky. A father with one foot in the grave, a gold digger for a new step mummy and let's not forget you marrying a whore with a bastard child."

"Christ Billy. Look at yourself. Sitting in jail and still cursing everyone who loved you in spite of your problems."

"Go to Hell Jack."

"You first Billy. As I said the offer is there for the lawyer."

"And as I said fuck your lawyer."

"Goodbye Billy."

"That's it Jacky go away, you're good at running."

Jack just sadly shook his head then left, never to look back. He had too much to look forward to.

He guessed they would always be the Fighting Finnegan's.

The End

Authors note: A short thank you for the constructive comments. They help my frame of mind and future growth.

davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers