The Fulfillment

Story Info
Fantasy tale with characters from Anime Dragon Ball Z.
2.5k words
2.08
38.7k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Sun beat down; its intense rays piercing the cold wind like a knife. The leaves on the few trees in the barren mountain landscape rustled fiercely in the blowing wind. All was silent; the entire landscape for miles around was empty of all forms of life. Apart from them. Vegeta could barely control himself as he landed on a tall, natural pillar of rock. He had waited for this moment for as long as he could remember. The Prince of all Saiya-Jins was not one to wait to get what he wanted, but this time he had made an exception. He wanted to make sure he was ready for this, the biggest challenge he had ever faced. He had trained long and hard, pushing his body to the limits, in outer space, in gravity over one thousand times that of the earth. He had never prepared himself like this before, he had always been confident in his abilities, but this time was different. This was not a usual battle that he was jumping into. He looked across the plateau of rock, and watched him land opposite him. Kakarott!

Goku stood tall. He knew he was in for the fight of his life, as did his opponent. Goku saw Vegeta's intense glare, aimed in his direction, and replied with his usual grin, which he always flashed before a battle. Goku was fairly confident within himself. He knew that this was going to be an extreme battle, and he couldn't take Vegeta lightly, but he believed deep down that he would be victorious in this battle when the dust settled. He too, had been training hard for this battle. He had spent three days in the room of spirit and time, where while inside a year will pass in a day's time. He knew his power had increased greatly in this time, and he also knew Vegeta's had, although he couldn't tell quite how much because Vegeta was suppressing his power. The two warriors stood facing each other, never faltering.

Vegeta became impatient. "Kakarott! Are we going to fight, or are you going to stand there grinning like an idiot all day?!" Goku's grin remained on his face. "Sure Vegeta, whenever you're ready!"

Now it was Vegeta's turn to grin. "Oh I'm ready Kakarott, more ready than I've ever been." The grin faded from Goku's face. He knew that any second now the battle for Saiya-Jin supremacy was going to begin. The tension between the two mightiest warriors on earth was immense. These two had surpassed everyone else on the way to the top. Gohan, the son of Goku, once the strongest fighter on earth, surpassed. Trunks, Piccolo, Goten, all of them paled in comparison to the two Saiya-Jins. Goku's voice became cold and hard.

"Well Vegeta, it looks like the day has finally come where we end our rivalry once and for all." Vegeta raised his fists up by his sides. A blue aura erupted around him; rocks and pebbles started to rise around him, disintegrating as Vegeta's power rocketed up at an amazing level. "Yes Kakarott, the time has come, the time for you to DIE!"

With that, both warriors' hair began to change colour. Goku's hair stood on end; Vegeta's naturally spiky hair flashed a bright golden blond. The auras around both changed to a golden glow, and their eyes became a deep emerald green. The two were now in Super Saiya-Jin form, and the fight for ultimate supremacy was on. The two fighters stood stock still, neither moving an inch. Their eyes were locked in a fierce stare, each one waiting for the other to make a move. Suddenly, Goku was gone from Vegeta's Vision. Turning quickly, Vegeta scanned the horizon, searching for his rival. Out of no where, a foot whizzed round into his face, which sent him hurtling backward at tremendous speed, even the sheer rock faces behind him could not stop his body moving. Before he had a chance to recover, Goku was on him, raining in a flurry of kicks and punches that left Vegeta winded and prone. Wave after wave of vicious attacks pummelled the body of the Saiya-Jin prince, as the air left him.

Goku was starting to feel at ease. He had the situation under control. He stopped the attack for a second, and looked at Vegeta's limp body in the face of the cliff which had finally stopped him. Flying up, Goku raised both hands in front of him. He began to raise his power, then sent a flurry of Ki balls at the cliff face. He watched as the hundreds of energy balls exploded as one. The smoke poured from the face of the cliff, and Goku waited patiently to see what had become of Vegeta. Then out of nowhere, he heard Vegeta scream. "GALIC GUN!"

A huge blast of blue Ki with a golden tinge to it flew towards Goku at an alarming rate. He scarcely had time to move out of the way. He watched in shock as the huge blast of Ki faded past the spot where he was hovering only a second ago. It took him a second or two to recover from the shock. This was all the time Vegeta needed. Goku turned his head only to find Vegeta's fist planted into his face. Now it was Vegeta's turn to go on the offensive. Vegeta laid into Goku with punches and kicks, his legs and arms blurring in and out, the speed was almost impossible. Vegeta moved like a lightning bolt and came up behind Goku's back, and kicked him into the air as hard as he could, then zoomed after him. Goku's body flew high into the sky. Goku thought he was on another planet, he felt light headed and giddy. Vegeta flew up and over, then swung his fists down in an axehandle and sent Goku speeding towards the ground.

The hole that Goku made in the ground would have put any decent sized meteor to shame, but before Goku could get out Vegeta had driven his knee's into Goku's abdomen, knocking all the wind out of him. Vegeta allowed himself a grin. He was winning. All this time, he had waited for this day, the day when he and Kakarott would have it out for the last time. His Blue combat suit was torn on the leg and across the chest, but he did not care. He leapt out of the hole and stood on the edge. He wagered that the whole was at least thirty feet deep. He looked down at Goku's body and sniggered. What was Kakarott thinking all these years? Did he really think that he was stronger than the Prince of all Saiya-Jins was? He thought to himself "Poor fool, a low-level Saiya-Jin, thinking he could ever be stronger than me, the almighty prince Vegeta?" Vegeta taunted Goku.

"What's wrong Kakarott? Don't tell me you're going to give up already? And I thought you were the almighty Goku? Ha! Don't make me laugh!"

Before Vegeta could make a move, Goku's Foot sent him flying into the hole where he was lying only a second ago. Vegeta's face hit the floor hard, and as he pushed himself up he placed his hand to his mouth and felt the warm blood trickle down his face. Angrily he spun round, to see Goku, with a bright golden aura flared up all around his body, with blue electric crackling all around him. He had ascended to Super Saiya-Jin level two.

Goku stared down at Vegeta, watching his every move intently. Vegeta slowly rose to his feet, and locked eyes with Goku. Goku raised his fists to his sides and began charging up his power, while Vegeta watched on, never faltering. All around Goku the golden aura burst out, huge blue flashes of lightning crashing all around him. He screamed out loud, his cry fuelled by the sudden rush of adrenaline surging through his veins. The rocks and pebbles all around them raised off the ground then exploded into minute little pieces as the energy coming from Goku passed through them. All of a sudden, a grin broke out on Vegeta's face, causing Goku to stop in shock. Why was he grinning?! Vegeta's voice was low and menacing.

"So Kakarott, you want to get serious now? HA!"

A huge golden flash with a blue tinge exploded from Vegeta, causing Goku to cover his face. More blue lighting flashed around, and then all was calm. Rubble and debris clattered all around. Before Goku could move, Vegeta was upon him. Goku was winded almost as soon as Vegeta's knee crushed his stomach, and then the axehandle from above that came crashing down into his head sent shockwaves through his spine. Goku's helpless body went sailing through the air, until a mountain stopped it. Goku tried to shake the cobwebs, but before he could Vegeta was upon him, raining in punch after punch, kick after kick; Goku could feel his body being broken but was powerless to stop it.

Vegeta was revelling at his own power and technique; he clearly had Goku on the ropes and had the advantage. After two swift and accurate kicks, Goku was hurtling towards the ground and Vegeta was already in position. Straightening his body up, he held his right arm up and outstretched it, and pointed it towards Goku. He flattened his palm and raised it up so it was parallel with Goku. A huge blue flash of energy erupted around Vegeta and he grinned, he was ready to finish it.

"So Kakarott, it seems you were not prepared for this. You are not the only one who can ascend to level two! Prepare to DIE! BIG BANG ATTACK!"

A huge ball of energy formed in Vegeta's hand, and was still growing when Goku's eyes flicked open. The ball shot down towards Goku, and Vegeta allowed himself a sly chuckle, he had won! The Grin on his face was growing larger as the ball grew ever closer to Goku. The Grin, however, soon changed to a look of shock mixed with despair when a huge explosion of the purest gold energy surrounded Goku, and he emerged, muscles bulging, his golden hair now long and flowing down his back, at least four feet long. Goku flew towards the ball, and punched it back towards Vegeta, who managed to dodge it at the very last second. Goku's face had lost all trace of emotion, and he goaded Vegeta.

"No Vegeta, I think you are the one who will die, at the hands of a level three ascended Saiya-Jin!"

Vegeta was shaking. Goku's power level had risen greatly, surpassing his own. Goku slowly rose up to Vegeta, his eyes cold, unforgiving. Vegeta's mouth was wide open; he was still shaking all over. Goku's arms were folded and his facial expression had not changed. He spoke slowly and his voice was hard.

"This is it Vegeta, the time has come for this battle to end"

On that, Goku appeared behind Vegeta's back and kicked him hard in the spine, then flipped over and planted his foot into Vegeta's face. Before Vegeta could put his hands up to staunch the bleeding, Goku's fist was on his spine, although Goku had punched him in the stomach. Vegeta's eyes rolled in to the back of his skull, and his arms flopped, his body started to fall slowly out of the sky. Goku drove his feet into Vegeta's stomach, then brought his hands down into Vegeta's gut and sent him flying down towards the earth. Goku descended down onto a ledge, just as Vegeta's prone body hit the floor. Goku looked down and spoke to Vegeta.

"Vegeta, you have been my rival for a long time now…even though we fought as one in the past, we both knew that one day it would come down to this. You have been a worthy adversary, but it had to end sometime."

On that, Goku bent his knees, and put his arms out in front of him. His wrists touched, and bent his elbows, so his hands were behind him. Then he called out.

"KAME……HA….ME…."

His power level rose up to extreme heights. A ball of energy formed in his palms, and all around him a golden aura flared up, the ground under his feet started to crack, and then he shouted.

"HAAAAAAA!"

He outstretched his arms in front of him, and the ball of energy grew, then a huge beam shot out, down towards Vegeta. The destructive force of the beam was unbelievable, and it screamed towards Vegeta at an alarming rate. Goku was concentrating as hard as he could, focusing all his power into the beam. The attack got ever closer, and then it struck, followed by an explosion with the force of one hundred megaton bombs.

Goku fell to his knees. His blood stained hair swept over his forehead, the beads of sweat and blood dripping onto the dry ground. It was finally over. He had won.

Then, out of nowhere, he felt a surge of power. Vegeta! He struggled to his feet, only to see Vegeta, with long flowing hair, glowing with a golden aura, floating in front of his face. Goku's eyes were bulging, he couldn't breath for shock, he tried to say something but no sound emerged from his mouth. Vegeta's face was solid as a rock. His Saiya-Jin combat armour was stained with blood, and torn all over. His muscle mass had increased greatly. After a long silence, Vegeta spoke.

"So Kakarott, do you like my new found powers? I have yet to test them fully…I will do so on you!" Vegeta reared back and shot a kick into Goku's head, sending him through the nearest rock and watched as his limp frame bounced on the floor. Goku's power was fading fast, and he struggled to his feet. Wearily he looked at Vegeta, who was standing in front of him. Vegeta spoke.

"This is not the only new trick I learned while I was in space Kakarott…"

Vegeta Raised his right arm in front of him and pointed it at Goku. He spread his fingers out and began to charge his power level up. Goku could not see properly, his eyes were swelling up and the blood was drying on his eyes. Two lines of blue energy appeared in front of Vegeta's hand, and formed into a cross shape. A massive flare of energy kicked up behind Vegeta, and the cross started to slick back towards Vegeta.

"Good bye Kakarott. It was…Fun. DARK CROSS!"

The cross formed into a blue cone, and started to expand, before blasting towards Goku, and before he could re-act, the beam had pierced his abdomen, and exploded inside him. Goku looked down in shock, then back at Vegeta, who was breathing heavily. Goku's vision was becoming cloudy, but as he looked at Vegeta, he flashed his grin one more time, then fell to the floor, never to rise again.

Vegeta's arms dropped in front of him, and then he dropped to his knees. He allowed himself a smile.

"I did it, I beat Kakarott…"

His breathing began to get heavier. He dropped no onto his back, and coughed. His eyes were starting to glaze over. He grinned, then weakly he said to himself;

"I beat Kakarott…I am the strongest Saiya-Jin in the universe…I fulfilled my destiny…"

Then Vegeta's eyes closed, for the last time.