The Future We Make

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oz...how old are you?" I asked, and he smiled.

"About 25 human years." He said and I nodded

"I'm 19, and last year I lost my whole family in a plane crash. My mom, dad, sisters, and brothers. They were the only family I had and they are gone. I'm all alone." I finished, and brought my knees up to my chest. He looked at me sadly.

"I am sorry to hear that Eve. For someone so young to lose everyone they care about, it must be hard." He looked down, and I nodded.

"I've been dealing with depression, and most of the time I can put it aside and distract myself, but then something will remind me of them and I lose it. That dinner with everyone talking happily reminded me of my families last dinner together." I explained, and he walked over and rubbed my shoulder.

"It will be ok; you seem like a strong woman, you will make it through this." He was comforting me slightly. I looked up at him.

"The meds help a lot." I said, and he looked incomprehensibly at me.

"I never did understand human medication." He admitted,and I smiled. I got up and went into the bathroom, where I removed all of my various medications-5 in total. I sat back down, and he was sitting again.

"Alright, I have 5 medications altogether. This one deals with a stomach condition I have had since High School. This one deals with my anxiety. This one deals with my depression. Then there is this one that deals with the nightmares." I explained, as he looked over the bottles and pills curiously.

"You said 5, yet you only explained 4." He said, looking at me. I blushed and held up the last one

"This is birth control, so I don't end up pregnant." I explained, and he nodded, turning red too. Oz handed them back and I put them away.

"Well, if you feel better the rest of us are retiring to the den for dessert and drinks, to plan out how we are going to handle this." He offered.

"Sure let's go." I said, and stood up to follow him to the den. I knew I was going to get hopelessly lost in this place. We made it to the den and I curled up in a chair. He brought me a piece of cake. I smiled slightly and thanked him. The others were pouring drinks.

"Would you like one?" Donovan asked. I shook my head.

"Not old enough to drink." I said, and started to nibble at my cake. Once everyone was settled down we looked at each other, waiting to see who would start.

"Well, our host suggested that we explore the lands. I think we should do this together. Since some of us can see things others can't." Angelo offered. We all agreed this was a good idea.

"Let's start inside. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am in no hurry to walk in the sun." Villard said, and I had to hide a smile.

"So after breakfast tomorrow, we should begin our search." Tanith said and we all nodded.

"I wanna figure out what all this has to do with me." I said, looking around the room.

"Well is there anything in your life or family that doesn't quite add up?" Sapphire asked. I thought about her question.

"Everything was always normal, the only thing that I always thought was weird was how I share the same name with so many of my ancestors. Every female born within my family is apparently tested as a newborn. Based upon the results of this test, one girl in every generation has been named Eve. I have no idea why or what the test involves." I said, and the other guests seemed to be mulling this over in their minds. We continued to talk for a while about ourselves and the lives we'd led up to our mysterious summons. After some time, I began to feel drowsy.

I left to go to sleep and I felt like I was being followed. Every so often I would hear a footstep that didn't quite match mine. So I sped up slightly, randomly looking over my shoulder. I saw no one every time. There was a panicked feeling growing in my chest. My heart sped up, and I started to sweat slightly. I heard the floor creak behind me and turned around breathing deep. Once again no one was there.

"Who is there?" I called out and got no answer. I turned around and began to sprint to my room. Just as I got to the door I saw a shadow pass over me. The next thing I knew, and before I could even react a persons body had pinned me to the door.

12