The Goddess of Passion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Over the roar of the wind he pointed to the cabin and shouted, "We're going to hole up here 'til this storm lets up! Come on."

The door to the cabin faced to the north, the leeward side of the storm, yet the amount of snow in front of it was such as to block its opening. Dell knew the door would open out - they were all built that way here 'cause if you had a fire inside, you'd sure want that door to open out! As well, snow could get real heavy and you wouldn't want the only force keeping it out of the cabin to be a lock. You'd want the strength of the door frame to keep the door in place.

Dell slipped off his skis while Jenna stepped out of hers and huddled down to get out of the wind. Dell saw that the cabin door had no lock - commonly done in these parts in order that the likes of Dell and Jenna might find shelter in an emergency - just a thoughtful courtesy among the mountain folk. Dell pushed at the snow piled in front of the door with the side of his ski boot. He soon realized that the old snow, which had iced over, was still too high to allow the door to open, so he began to attack that with pointed tip of his ski pole. Yep, that was getting it. He glanced over at Jenna, huddled against the wall. She nodded her head she was all right.

Dell finally got enough snow cleared away that he could try to open the door. It opened about six inches and then ground on higher iced snow, so he got busy with the ski pole again. Very soon he was able to open the door about a foot and a half. He motioned for Jenna to go inside. She'd know what to look for - a kerosene lamp, matches, a wood stove, firewood, etc. He continued to clear the door so that he was able to swing it wide open. Made no sense to just get in, they'd have to get out when the storm let up and he didn't want to have to deal with ice at that point. Better to do it now.

The only light in the cabin came from the open door and the lower left hand corner of a window on the left wall, toward the front of the cabin. On the right were two bunk beds, one atop the other. There were straw ticks on them overtop of woven-rope frames. On the left below the window was a sink, but she knew there'd be no water at this time of year. In the middle of the cabin was a small potbellied stove, with a stack of firewood against the back wall. Depending on, there was enough wood to last a few days. She knew she shouldn't try to start a fire yet, as Dell would have to be sure the flue was clear and not blocked by drifted snow on the roof.

She looked in the storage space below the sink to see what almost nothing was there -. Oh, some pots and pans, a few dishes, but only a half dozen cans of pork and beans, otherwise, no food. There was a drawer below the counter next to the sink and it contained some eating and cooking utensils - knives, forks, spoons, ladles, can opener, etc. She saw there were some blankets folded and stacked on the bunk beds. It looked like there were two per bed. Again it was too sparse, but still a whole lot better than nothing. She put her 'survival pack' on top of the counter next to the sink.

Jenna could hear Dell on the roof and soon heard him clearing snow away from the tin pipe chimney. He shouted down to her with his mouth close to the chimney, "OK, honey, you can start a fire now - I hope!" He hadn't been inside the cabin yet, but he had noticed the stove and fire wood.

Jenna noted there were some old magazines piled on the stack of firewood which she could use to help start a fire in the stove. There was a small hatchet there, too, which she could use to make some kindling from one of the pieces of firewood. Whoever had been there last had not renewed the kindling pile. Hanging on a hook above the firewood was an old kerosene lamp - she prayed there was enough wick and that the lamp had some kerosene in it. She picked it off the hook. It appeared to be full and yes, there was a usable wick. She got a match from her pack, swiped it across the top of the stove and lit the lamp wick. Lowering the glass shield, she adjusted the height of the wick to provide the minimum amount of light, so as to use as little kerosene as possible. Then she went hunting for a can of kerosene.

In the meantime, Dell, stamping the snow off his boots outside the cabin first, came through the door carrying their skis and poles. He leaned them up in the back, left corner of the cabin, behind one of the two chairs placed by a small table. The kerosene lamp was on the table, glowing softly. He noted to himself that most people would have had that lamp burning as brightly as possible, but not his daughter - she knew they needed to conserve all their resources in the situation they were in.

Jenna was splitting some kindling from one of the split pieces of firewood using the hatchet. When she had a half dozen pieces or so, she tore off some pages of one the magazines she'd found and prepared the starter stack inside the open door of the stove. Then, she opened the flue. She was concerned that it might be very difficult to get the fire going, if the wind was pushing down the flue, but fortunately, Dell had thought of that and had pushed snow up behind the chimney on the roof on the windward side, so as to minimize the effect of the wind on the chimney.

When Jenna struck the match, she carefully made sure the wood match stick was burning before reaching inside the stove to light the paper in the starter stack. She could feel the wind and the match flame flickered, but held. Fortunately, it was all dry. She was prepared to add a larger piece of firewood to the burning stack in the stove. Dell looked at what she was doing and smiled with pride. This gal knows how to handle things, he thought. Here was an intelligent, sensible, well brought up young lady, he mused. And she was his daughter!

They could hear the wind still howling outside and when Dell looked out the corner of the one window, he wasn't able to see more than a few yards - the snow was still coming down very hard. At that point they both took off their goggles, ski masks and hats and looked at each other.

Dell smiled warmly at Jenna and asked her, "How're ya doin' sweetheart?"

She grinned back, "I'm doin' just fine, daddy! How'reyou doin'?"

"Fine, too," he acknowledged. "Say," he said, "which bunk do you want, top or bottom?"

"I'll take the top. I'm not sure you'd be able to climb up there very easily," she teased. They both also knew the top bunk would be the warmest.

"You know we're going to be here overnight," he stated.

"Yeah," she said, we couldn't see in the dark, with it overcast and still snowing as hard as it is."

"Did you find any food in here? he asked.

"Not a whole lot, some cans of beans and that's about it. Oh, there's also some coffee, I think. I saw a can."

Dell surveyed the small stack of firewood and estimated it might last for a couple of days, but that would be about it. This storm better not last longer than that or it's going to get a bit uncomfortable around here, he thought.

"Honey, the best thing for us to do would be to get the place warmed up well, get a good bed of coals there, bank the fire and get to bed. Assuming this blow ends sometime during the night, we'll want to get a good start in the morning. But, come to think of it, I'm starving. What should we have for dinner?"

"I could open a couple of those cans of beans," she said, "so we have a hot meal. What do you think?"

"I think that's a good idea," he said, "unless you're concerned about the after effects."

Jenna giggled. "Daddy, that's the nature of beans. Just don't forget we're in a confined space and there's a fire going," she chuckled, as she grabbed the can opener.

She put the pan of beans on the top of the stove to heat up and placed a couple of plates and two spoons on the small table. By this time the little stove was putting out a fair amount of heat. Dell and Jenna took their parkas off, but kept their pants and boots on. They both had wool sweaters on, over cotton flannel shirts. And next, as it got warmer, the sweaters came off.

Jenna remarked that, "It's getting cozy in here."

The beans were bubbling, so Jenna stirred them to be sure the heat was evenly spread. Then she pulled the pan off the stove holding the hot handle of the pot with a folded hand towel she found by the sink. She spooned out some of the beans on each of their plates while Dell sat down at the table, taking the chair farthest from the stove. He wanted her to have the benefit of all the heat that could be had. Who really knew how long they would be stuck here - he thought much later about whether his thoughts at that time were a prophesy of some kind.

After Dell had a second serving of beans, they pushed back from the table and Jenna suggested they have a Power Bar for dessert. Wow, thought Dell, she is a woman - she thinks of a man's stomach!

He said, "Great idea." and stepped over to his pack, rummaged around a bit and withdrew two Power Bars, wrapped in different colored foil. "Which flavor do you want?" knowing she'd choose the peanut butter.

"Which flavor doyou want, daddy?" she responded. He handed her the peanut butter bar.

"Are you sure?" she said, using her teeth to break the wrapper open.

"I made my choice," he said, grinning at her.

She laughed, "Daddy, you always give me my choice, even if I ask you to choose. Because you know what I would choose."

"Yes, honey," he said. "It's probably something like that, but daddies have the right to do that with their little girls, don't they?"

"Daddy! I'm not a little girl!" she said with feigned petulance, pushing out her lower lip.

"Tell me about it," he said. "Look at you. You've grown into a woman in just a couple of months."

He beamed at her, so proud of his daughter, so proud of her abilities, good sense and beauty. Oh my God, he thought, I have been blind. She's gorgeous, realizing he'd never looked at her that way, that is, as a woman. She'd always been 'daddy's little girl', but that could never be said again - she was a woman, in full bloom. And, a looker! he thought. This little trip of theirs was turning into a life-changing experience. He was seeing her in a totally new light, and it showed a wonderful girl, of whom he wasso proud.

She glowed with her daddy's praise. He was her life. With mom gone, daddy had been everything and still was, she realized. He was so good to her, so loving, yet so thoughtful, allowing her to grow and mature in her own way, allowing her to make her own decisions in life, because, he said, she was responsible for the outcome and he totally trusted her to make it come out right, in the long run. He had told her it was her life, he cared very much about what she did with it, but in the last analysis, she would make the choices. He wouldn't force his on her. And he never did.

She knew she'd find some other man someday, one she'd marry and they'd raise a family together. She felt strongly that her parents, both her mom and dad, had shown her, with infinite love, just how one should raise a family and continue the 'love line'. Yes, she knew she'd be a good mother and a loving, supporting wife, but she was in no hurry for that. She had aton of things she wanted to do before that day came.

Dell noted the storm continued to howl. He suggested they get to bed, to preserve their strength and the wood. At least, in bed, their bodies, relaxed, would burn the fewest of calories with the blankets forming insulation against the cold. They both kept their shirts and pants on, but changed into dry socks. The socks they'd worn all day were hung off the cross piece of the bottom of the top bunk where they'd be most likely to dry. After Jenna was snuggled under the covers, Dell brought the kerosene lamp with him, putting it on the floor next to the lower bunk. He slipped under the blankets, reached over to the lamp, raised the glass shield and lowering the wick, blew the flame out. It was black as ink. The wind was still blowing strongly.

"Good night, daddy," Jenna said softly, beginning to drift off to sleep.

"Sleep well, pumpkin," Dell responded and immediately began maundering about their situation. While he felt they had things under control, he still had a tiny flame of concern - they weren't out of it yet.

In the middle of the night, Dell awakened. Something was different. He pressed the light on his G-Shock to see the time - 3:41. Then, it dawned on him that the wind was not blowing. It was quiet - that's what was different. Jenna was breathing softly and deeply, sound asleep. No reason to waken her, he thought. Once daylight came, they'd dig out as necessary and get back home. Might just as well go back to sleep, he thought, and he drifted back to sleep, confident they were all right.

When next Dell awakened, again he realized something was different. Oh my God! The wind was howling again, but from a different direction this time. It was driving against the side of the cabin where the bunks were. Fortunately, there was no window on this side of the cabin, nothing but solid log wall. He felt no drafts. He checked the time again - 7:09.

Well, he was wide awake so he might as well get up, he thought. Dell pulled the blankets off him toward the wall and rolled his feet to the floor. He felt for his ski boots and put them on, snapping the clasps home. Then, he felt for the lamp, placing it on the floor between his feet. He unscrewed the top on his match cylinder, drew a match and scratched it against the base of the lamp. It flared and he raised the wick slightly, touching the flame to it. He closed the glass shield and adjusted the wick to the appropriate level to give them light while using the least amount of fuel possible. He shook the lamp base - still plenty of kerosene. Good thing! It should be light outside by now, but the refreshed storm blocked out any light there might have been.

Jenna got up on an elbow and leaning over, asked, "Daddy, what's happening? Seems the storm is just continuing. Are we still stuck here?"

"Well, for the moment," Dell said, "but I'm gonna check it outside and see what's up."

He put on his parka, pulled the hood up over his head, fitted his goggles over the hood and thrust his hands into his gloves. The wind direction, fortunately, had blown any new snow accumulated in front of the door to one side. Dell was able to shove the door open and quickly closed it behind him as he stepped out into the blizzard. He pulled his goggles down. Damn, this storm just seems to go on and on, he thought. He hiked up the slope toward the crest of the ridge. The snow sure was a lot deeper than it was when they arrived here, and it was already deep then.

Dell got to the top of the ridge and looked back down the trail in the direction they needed to go to get out of there. It was harder to pick out the trail with many of the 'milestones' obscured or distorted by the deepened snow. With the wind blowing from the west, he was able to look in the right direction with the wind to his back.

OK, he thought, I think its best if we just stay put for a while longer. Hopefully, the storm will abate enough for us to push on later in the day. I'll come out to monitor conditions every hour or so, or sooner if the wind drops. Then, Dell took his gloves off, opened his fly, pulled his cock out and peed, trying to write his name in the snow, but the wind blew it all over the place. When done, he closed up and started back to the cabin.

As he lifted his feet high in the deep snow, placing his boots back in the tracks he'd made coming up the ridge, he noted a puff of smoke coming from the cabin's chimney. Jenna had got the stove going again, he grinned. She sure was competent, he mused. He reached the door, opened it only enough to allow him to enter, trying to keep the cold out all he could. Jenna was at the stove, putting a larger piece of wood atop the kindling she'd got burning earlier. She quickly closed the stove door and turned to Dell.

"OK, daddy. What's the scene out there?"

Dell told her what he'd observed, explaining his intention to check out the conditions every so often. He said, "Worse come to worst, we can stay here again tonight. Surely this blow won't last longer than that."

Jenna seemed to accept his judgment of their situation and went about straightening up the blankets on their bunks. Then, turning back to her dad, said, "Daddy, want something to eat? You were a good daddy last night and didn't trumpet your approval of dinner."

"Oh, come on," he said, "Do I always fart a lot when I eat beans?"

"Yeah, usually, but not always," she stated, grinning. Their ease with each other was very pleasing to both of them - they really enjoyed being together again after their brief separation when she went to university in September.

"Well," he asked, "what have you got in mind? Certainly not beans again."

"No," she said, "we should save those for dinner. Yuh know," she blurted, "I've gotta pee really badly."

Dell certainly could understand that, 'cause he had already handled his own need. "OK. Why don't you get one of the pans we're not using. I'll go outside and you let me know when you're done." Dell went to the door again and stepped outside, but staying close to the door. The storm continued unabated.

The door opened enough for Jenna to hand Dell the pan. He handled it carefully - didn't want to spill on himself. It was steaming in the cold. He tossed it downwind and then dipped the pan in the snow a few times to wash it out. When he came back into the cabin, Jenna was digging into her pack. Her hands emerged with two bags of trail mix for their meal. It was about 11 in the morning, so they decided not to eat again until about 6 that evening, depending on the weather, trying to stretch their food as far as possible.

In order to further conserve their resources, they both got back in their bunks, pulling the blankets around them to eat their meal. They actually had plenty of matches and magazine paper, but the firewood supply was dwindling, too fast it seemed. Dell figured they could last it out in reasonable comfort for another twenty four hours, but after that...well, he'd cross that bridge when he came to it. They still had a good ten miles to go to get back to the car, most of it uphill. Sure, they could do that in a few hours, but they needed light to avoid going off the trail and getting lost.

Jenna was wondering if her daddy had been aware of her servicing herself with her fingers last night while they were in their bunks. She had banked on the noise of the howling wind to drown out the sounds of her movements and soft moaning. She tried very carefully not to shake the bunk, knowing that would be a dead giveaway. Since he had not mentioned anything, she took that to mean he hadn't noticed. She was beginning to get wet again, just thinking about it.

The world of sex, arousal and satisfaction was a new world for her. Until she went off to the university and a dorm mate introduced her to the joys of masturbation, she had never paid much attention to the occasional subtle stirrings in her groin. But now, she was becoming addicted. She took every opportunity to satisfy her ever burgeoning craving, learning to tease herself, to prolong the duration of her explosions, and also to increase their intensity. As the weeks went by at school, she began to ponder what it would be like to have a man's penis inside her, but could not bring herself to encourage any of her schoolmates to show her. None of them seemed worthy of the privilege of taking her virginity, so she just put the thought behind her.

Dell heard his daughter shake the last vestiges of her bag of trail mix into her mouth and pull the covers up over her as she lay down and sighed. "Everything OK up there, sweetie?" he queried.