The Good Years Ch. 03

Story Info
My story continues.
11.7k words
4.43
12.9k
4

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JermMan89
JermMan89
10 Followers

All the characters are at least 18 years old. This is a continuation of my story The Good Years Ch.02. I recommend that you read the first 2 chapters to be familiar with the story. I've had mixed reviews thus far and thank everyone for taking the time to read, vote or leave feedback. I apologize for this chapter taking a lot longer to be posted. I hope you all enjoy.

Oh shit.

Mary had been standing in the doorway for who knows how long and apparently heard our conversation, especially the part about me and Sam kissing.

"Umm I think I'd better leave, I guess you two want to talk," Sam said.

"Yea you little bitch I need to talk to my boyfriend," Mary said getting upset.

"Hey don't talk to her like that Mary. It's as much my fault as it is her fault that we kissed," I said.

"Look I'm just going to go. I'm sorry Mary," Sam said as she walked out of the house.

"You don't have to get all upset at her," I said.

"Why don't I have to get upset at her? She kissed you, and you're my boyfriend you're not supposed to be kissing anyone but me."

"I know I'm not and it was a mistake. Don't blame it all on her, I could have easily stopped her and I didn't."

"Well what happened to get you two to kiss?" she asked.

So I went on to tell her how it all went down. From we decided to hang out after game to watching a movie together. To even us cuddling on the couch, which she wasn't to happy about by the way, and then to us kissing after the movie.

"So did anything else happen after you kissed?" she asked starting to cry.

"No nothing happened after that, she actually got up and left," I said as I gave her a hug. "I'm sorry Mary I shouldn't have kissed her and you're my girlfriend. And she knows that too," I said.

"I'm just upset that I had to find out in the way I did I wish you would have told me," she said.

"I know I understand, and honestly I'm sorry. It was just a kiss and that's all it was," I said. "And really this was the first time Sam and I had a chance to talk about it."

She was still crying so I asked, "what's wrong?"

"I'm worried that you do have feelings for Sam. I know you said you didn't but now that you kissed her I can't help but think you do."

I sighed and said, "I'm sorry that I made you feel that way but really I don't, it was just a bad moment of judgment for me and before I realized it we were kissing. It lasted only 5 or 10 seconds and it was over."

"Ok," was all she said.

I continued to hold her in my arms for a few more minutes to try and calm her down. "How is your grandmother doing by the way?"

"She's doing ok, they released her from the hospital a few hours ago. I actually came right over here after we took her home," she said.

"Well I'm glad she's ok," I replied.

"Thanks," she said. We just kinda spent the rest of the night spending time with each other talking, me trying to do whatever I could to make up for Sam. We actually watched a movie together, I know right? The last time I watched a movie with a girl I got in trouble. But no everything went smoothly the rest of the night and on Sunday. Monday, the first day back at school, was going to be a different story though.

"So did you hear what happened Saturday night after you left?" I asked Tim as we were on our way to class.

"Yea I heard. Man that sucks for you. How are you and Mary?"

"We should be ok, but she's still pissed at Sam. So if you and Tanya are with Sam try and avoid us," I said.

"Yea how is it going to work out with you two? Sam and you I mean."

"I don't know yet. I want to stay friends but it'll have to be once Mary cools off," I said.

"Yea I understand. I'll tell Tanya to not bring it up if she's around Mary," Tim said.

"Ok thanks."

We went to class and luckily me, Sam and Mary don't have any classes together or things could have gotten ugly. But we don't so I was grateful. I met up with Mary during lunch.

"Hey how was your morning?" I asked.

"It was good, especially since I didn't have to see that slut Sam."

This is going to be harder than I thought to stay friends with Sam.

"Can you please stop talking about her like that?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but she is, I'm still mad at her," she replied.

"Ok well let's just go sit over there," I said.

"Why can't we just go sit with Tim and Tanya?" she asked.

"Umm because Sam will be sitting with them," I said.

"So, she'll just have to go somewhere else," she said.

And as she said that she walked off and sat down next to Tanya. Well this should be interesting.

"Hey guys," I said, giving them looks like, "I have no idea what is going to happen," as I sat next to Mary.

We sat there for a few minutes before Sam appeared in the cafeteria. She got her food and started toward "our" table. Mary noticed her too and just glared at her daring her to come near the table. Sam looked at me and I mouthed a "sorry." She gave me a little smile and turned and walked away to another table.

The rest of the day went without incident, and the rest of the week too. There were some hard glances from Mary in the direction of Sam and more mouthed "sorry's" from me, but other than that nothing happened during the week. The night of the game that week worried me because Sam and Mary are both cheerleaders and would have to interact at least somewhat.

Friday after school I decided to give Sam a call. "Hey Sam it's me," I said.

"Hey Jeremy how's it been?" she asked.

"I've been ok. I just wanted to call and apologize for the way Mary has been acting this week, she's just still upset and all."

"It's ok I understand, if it had happened to me I would have been upset too," she said.

"Ok well really I am sorry that everything went down like this. But tonight at the game could you umm I don't know like avoid Mary or something because she's still mad and I don't know what's gonna happen."

"Yea sure no problem, I'll stay out of her way," Sam said.

"Ok thanks, I'll cya later."

"Yea cya tonight," she replied.

I hung up the phone, grabbed my stuff and went out the door to pick up Mary for the game. I pulled up to Mary's house about 15 to 20 minutes later.

"Hey honey," she said as she got in the car.

"Hey," was all I said.

We drove without talking for a few minutes before she broke the silence.

"Is something wrong? You're awfully quiet."

"Ah nothing I guess, just thinking," I said.

"What you thinking about?" she said.

"Umm nothing just forget it."

"No really tell me," she said.

"I guess I was ah just thinking what might happen with you and umm Sam being near each other tonight," I said cautiously.

"Why are you thinking about that slut? Don't worry as long as she doesn't come near me I won't mess with that bitch," she said angrily.

"Look please stop talking about her like that, she's my friend."

"Well she is I can't help it. And maybe you shouldn't be friends with her anymore if she's going to come between us," she said.

"Ok for one she's not a slut and two she's not going to come between us. It was one meaningless kiss that's all. I've been dealing with her feelings for me for awhile and I haven't had any problems of it getting between any relationships that I've had."

"Still I don't trust her and I don't want you around her," she replied.

I sighed and said, "look were here at the school lets talk about it after the game, ok?"

"Ok that's fine I'll see you later," she said as she got out of the car.

I drove around to the other side of the school where the locker room was to get ready for the game.

In the locker room I was getting ready putting my gear on when Brent came up to me. "Hey man you ready for tonight?" he asked.

"Yea but how bout you, your first game back on the sidelines?"

"I just wish I could play and not hobble along with these crutches," he said.

"You'll be back in another month or so right?" I asked.

"I get off the crutches in 2 weeks, and then I have to have a special boot on my foot for another 2 weeks after that. So yea in a month or so I'll be ok to do normal stuff but not football. It'll be longer until I'm cleared to play but it should be at the end of the season or the state playoffs."

"It's a good thing your accident wasn't more serious," I said.

"Yea I know me too."

Right as we finished talking it just about time to get out on the field. Coach gave his usual pep talk and then we went running out onto the field to a chorus of boos. Even at a rival school it was still great running out onto that field.

With Brent still being out I was going to start at QB the whole game and wouldn't play much at Safety.

They got the ball first and moved down the field pretty well until Kyle, our defensive end, busted through on third down and sacked their QB forcing them to punt the ball.

After the punt we had the ball at the 25 yard line. They had a weak run defense so we set out to establish our running game early on. And that is just what we did. We had runs of 15, 12, 23 and 19 yards on 4 straight plays to get us down to their 4 yard line. The next play was an option run.

I took the snap and started running left, their linebacker following me trying to decide whether to tackle me or wait for me to pitch it. I knew he was uncertain so I faked the pitch to the RB and cut back to the right and ran in untouched for the touchdown.

He bought the fake and when I cut back he wasn't in a position to make a play on me. After the PAT we were up 7-0.

As I came over to the sideline the Coach congratulated me, "good drive son, good drive."

"Yea you almost looked as good as me out there," Brent said.

"If I was you I would have run over to the cheerleaders and kissed one of them," I said.

He smiled and said, "yea that is my favorite touchdown celebration."

"It's not theirs though," I joked back.

"Hey I never heard any complaining."

As we were talking, the crowd started cheering wildly. I looked up just in time to see them running into the end zone. They had returned the kickoff to tie the score 7-7.

So after we returned the kickoff to the 30 yard line I went back out for another drive. We went right back to the running game. We were doing a good job running the ball and got to their 40 yard line. We ran two straight plays without much success, so on 3rd down with 8 yards to go

Coach called a passing play.

Unfortunately they knew we had to pass and they blitzed 3 extras guys that play. Almost as soon as I got the ball a linebacker and a defensive lineman tackled me for a loss of 5 yards.

We did manage to get off a good punt, pinning them down at their own 15 yard line, ending the first quarter with the score tied 7-7. Our defense did a great job making them go 3 and out.

They punted the ball and luckily for them our return man couldn't catch it and had to chase the ball down and finally fell on it all the way back at our own 20 yard line. It had been a 60 yard punt for them!

So needless to say Coach wasn't too happy about it. "What the hell are you doing out there? Didn't you learn how to catch in peewee football? Jeremy get out there and move the ball down the field!"

We abandoned the running game that drive and threw on just about every play. First I threw over the middle to Tim for a gain of 15 yards to the 35 yard line. Then we did a screen pass to the RB who picked up 23 yards after the catch. We were at their 42 yard line with about 10 minutes left in the half.

The only time we ran the ball that drive was the next two plays which got us 6 then 9 yards down to the 25 yard line.

On the very next play I hit Tim over the middle at the 5 yard line and he ran the rest for a touchdown. The PAT made it 14-7 with a little under 8 minutes in the half.

When they got the ball back they did the same thing we did by throwing just about every play. Our defense did hold up though to force a field goal attempt. Their kicker made the 40 yard field goal look easy to make the score 14-10 with 4 minutes to play.

After the kickoff we went into the hurry up offense. I connected with Larry, our other wide receiver, on three straight plays to get into their territory. Then their defense shut down and we just barley got a first down. Their defense shut us down again on the next two plays forcing incompletion's.

We were in field goal range so even if we didn't get a first down we could try for that, but I wanted a touchdown. It was 3rd down with a little less than 2 minutes to go. I hiked the ball, faked the handoff to the RB then looked down field for an open receiver.

A linebacker was blitzing and no one picked him up, so I just threw the ball into the end zone where I hoped Tim would be. I got hit right as I let go of the ball. While I was lying on the ground Tim chased the ball down and leaped into the end zone as the football landed softly in his hands. He made an incredible catch to extend our lead to 21-10.

"Great job to take the hit and still deliver the throw! Good job," Coach said as I walked over to our bench.

"Yea man that was a great throw," Tim said.

"All I did was throw it and hope you could catch up to it. You made the great catch," I replied.

"Yea looked like me out there, making a great play," Brent added.

Tim rolled his eyes and said, "no if I were you I would have..."

"I know I know went over and kissed a cheerleader, Jeremy already used that on me," Brent cutting him off before he could finish.

"You guys know me to well," he added. The half ended so we went to the locker rooms to rest and get ready for the second half.

"We're almost there men, just a few more points and the game will be ours. Let's keep our focus and go out and finish them off," Coach said to us.

"What are you doing after the game?" Brent asked me.

"I don't know why what's up?" I replied.

"Well some people were coming over so I wanted to see if you Mary wanted to come too."

"Umm yea ok sounds good I'll see if she wants to," I said.

By then it was time to get back out onto the field.

They got the ball first but on the first play they threw an interception and we returned it all the way for a touchdown. It was now 28-10. They got the ball back but didn't do much and had to punt.

On the way onto the field Coach stopped me and said, "We score here and the game is over, now go get it done."

"Sure thing Coach," was all I said.

And that is just what we did. I found Tim streaking over the middle and hit him in stride and the defense never had a chance to catch him. We were up 35-10 with 9 minutes left in the third quarter. "That's it men it's ours, good job," Coach said as we came over to the sideline.

Coach then put in the younger players to give them some experience. The other team did manage to get a touchdown and a field goal to make the score 35-20 but we scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter to truly put the game away. The final seconds ticked off and we had won 42-20.

"Great effort out there tonight guys, real good effort. Now we're 3-0 and getting some momentum going and let's keep it going next week. Now go out tonight and have some fun, but don't do anything stupid," Coach said jokingly.

I got changed and headed out to the parking lot expecting to be greeted by Mary but instead Sam was there.

"Oh hey Sam what... what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well that's a great way to greet a friend," she said sarcastically.

"Yea sorry I just wasn't expecting to see you that's all," I replied.

"No its ok, I just wanted to say that you played well and congratulate you," she said.

"Oh well thanks I guess I did ok."

"You won the game didn't you?" she said.

"Not all by myself, I had a lot of help."

"Well you did a lot to help then," she said.

"Yea maybe," I replied.

"Ok well I'll see you later," she said.

"Alright cya," I said. Just as she was walking away Mary and Tanya were walking towards me.

"What did she want?" Mary asked.

"Please stop being like this. She just congratulated me on the win that's all," I said.

"Umm so where's Tim?" Tanya asked trying to change the subject.

"I guess he's still inside. Do you want us to wait with you for him?"

"No its ok go ahead he should be out soon," she said.

We all said goodbye and me and Mary started walking towards my car.

"Brent is having some people over his house tonight, do you want to go?" I asked her.

"Is Sam going to be there?"

"Umm I don't know, I hadn't really thought about if she was going to be there or not."

"I don't want to go if she's going to be there," she said.

"Even if she is there could we just go and enjoy being with our friends, and we can even avoid her if you want," I said.

She thought about it for a minute then said, "yea I guess we can go. Just don't expect me to be nice to her if she is there."

I chuckled a little and said, "ok that's fine." So we got in my car and drove over to Brent's house. I pulled up and noticed that there weren't too many cars there. "I guess everyone will be coming later," I thought. We got out of the car and walked up to the house.

"Oh hi Jeremy come on in. Brent is out back on the deck," Brent's mom said to me.

"Thanks Ms. Monica," I said and we headed out to the backyard.

"Hey man what's up," I said to Brent.

"Hey man, hi Mary how you doing?" Brent asked.

"I'm fine how bout you?"

"I'm doing good. You guys want something to drink?" he asked.

We said sure and he went to get us a few drinks. When he came back he gave us the drinks and sat down.

"A few more people are supposed to be coming they must be running late from the game," he said.

"Yea, who all are supposed to coming?" Mary asked.

"Tim, Tanya and maybe another person or two." I looked at him and he looked at me and I thought, "no fucking way did he invite her knowing me and Mary was going to be there." And wouldn't you know that just as I was thinking that Tim and Tanya walked out back followed by Sam.

"Hey guys bout time you showed up," Brent said.

"Yea someone took forever getting ready after the game," Tanya said.

"Hey I had to look good for my girl," Tim said.

"You always look good," she said.

"Shut up and get a room you two," I said.

"Don't tempt me," Tanya said smiling.

"Hell no, you two aren't doing anything in my house," Brent added

That got a good laugh out of everyone. "You guys want a drink?" Brent asked the new guests.

"Sure, thanks," Tanya said.

"Yea," Tim and Sam said.

"Ok I'll be back," he said.

"Let me give you a hand Brent," I added.

We walked into the kitchen to get the drinks. "What the hell are you thinking having Mary and Sam both here?" I asked.

"They have to work it out eventually," he said.

"Yea but shouldn't that be in a public place with more witnesses?"

"They'll be fine," he replied.

"I'm not worried about Sam I'm worried about what Mary might do."

"Come on guys what's taking so long getting the drinks?" Tim asked walking into the room.

"Dude you left them alone in there?" I asked.

"Yea so what?" he replied.

"Uh because Mary is still upset with Sam and it might not be to smart leaving them alone," I said.

"Tanya is out there with them, she'll keep them under control," Tim said.

"Yea man she is the first one to come and help if we need it," Brent added.

"That's true, maybe she can get them to work it out then," I said.

Well wouldn't you guess that as we finished talking we heard yelling coming from outside.

"Great I was afraid of this," I said as we made our way out back.

"Hey cant you two just work it out calmly," Tanya pleaded.

"No not until the bitch apologizes," Mary yelled.

"I have apologized Mary, more than once," Sam replied.

"Mary you know she has said she's sorry and I have too. Now why can't you just let it go, it was one little kiss," I said.

"Because the bitch said that it wasn't just a meaningless kiss, that it meant something for her."

JermMan89
JermMan89
10 Followers