The Great Outdoors Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Liz was silent. "I just don't think it was the right thing to do," she said finally, quieter. "You're messing with Paul's emotions."

"He's a big boy, he can take care of himself." Inga sighed. "Oh, honey, come on, I don't want to fight with you. Not on our holiday. Okay, I'm sorry we were so loud. If you want I'll totally respect your privacy and make sure we take care next time. I'll get him to gag me or something."

Liz couldn't help but laugh at this, blushing as she did so. "No, I'm sorry. I'm such a prude. Listen: I think I can hear the boys coming back."

Inga listened too. "Sounds like they've got someone with them," she said curiously.

Sure enough, half a minute later, Artie and Paul arrived with a young woman walking and chatting away quite happily next to them. Both Liz and Inga raised an eyebrow; the girl was certainly a looker. She smiled broadly at the pair of them now and walked right up to them, hand held out.

"Hi, I'm Rachel Boden. Now which one of you's the wife and who's the girlfriend?"

Inga raised an eyebrow at Paul, who looked sheepishly away.

"Hello," said Liz in reply, taking the hand and shaking it as warmly as her sudden anxieties would let her. "I'm Liz Seymour; this is Inga. Nice to meet you, Rachel."

"Oh, likewise, likewise," replied Rachel, laughing politely. "Honestly, these boys have been talking so much about you two I feel like I know your life stories backwards."

"Aw, you boys have been talking about your little women?" said Inga to the two men. "I hope they kept things clean for you, Rachel. Notice a distinct lack of firewood – what happened to the hunter-gatherer-cavemen?"

"We bumped into Rachel just a little way off in that direction," explained Artie. "She said she knew a better place to get some wood, so we...we asked her to show us it." He stopped himself a little too quickly after his accidental innuendo for Liz's liking.

"That was kind of her," she said, her smile becoming a little less genuine.

Rachel began to blush; her eyes lost a little of the twinkle they had had when she had first arrived. "Oh god, I'm becoming a huge fucking spanner, aren't I?" she said out loud. "I'm intruding; I'm sorry. Look, guys, I'll give you the directions and you can take it from here."

Liz noticed Artie slightly frowning – was it in her direction? Even if it wasn't, she didn't want to have another argument today. "No, no, I'm sorry," she said, swallowing her pride. "Honestly, it's really nice to meet you. Are you here with anyone else?"

Rachel smiled again. You had to admit it was a pretty cute smile. "Nope. On my uno for a while. Just camping and hiking. I would have brought my boyfriend, Freddie, but he didn't really wanna come along, so I came on my lonesome."

Artie and Paul looked at each other; the mention of 'Freddie' brought back images from five minutes ago they would gladly pay to relive again.

"It's actually pretty cool," Rachel continued. "I mean, I don't often get the chance to be on my own. I've never really wanted it, really. God, I'm twenty-five and I need commitment. Got to be something wrong with me, right?" She laughed out loud. Damn it if it wasn't a cute laugh.

"Look, I've got an idea," said Paul. "Your tent is only a little way away from us. There's plenty of room here; why don't you just bring it here and stay with us? I mean, we're going to only be here a couple more days but the more the merrier, right?"

Rachel beamed wider. "You know what, that would be amazing? But I'd really hate to impose. I'd be up for it if everyone else was, but I seriously don't wanna like mooch on your holiday. I mean, I'm here for myself, you know."

Liz looked at Artie again. He seemed to not want to make a decision until she did. She sighed inwardly and said, "No, I think that would be lovely. I'd hate the idea of you being on your own, especially with us being so close."

"Sounds fine to me," Artie chipped in. He looked relieved, Liz noticed. This wasn't a good sign.

"Cool," replied Rachel, before turning to Inga. "How about you, beautiful? Seriously, if it's going to be a problem...?"

It was only now that Liz suddenly remembered that Inga was still only in her bra and shorts. The two boys hadn't been fazed by this at all – after all, this was Inga she was thinking about – but it seemed slightly odd that Rachel didn't seem to have batted an eyelid at it. Didn't it? Or maybe Liz was just being prude again.

But Inga shook her head. "No, not at all. The more the merrier."

"Brilliant," said Rachel happily. "Okay, so would you guys be able to help me with my things? I've only got a small amount of stuff. My tent's easy – it's one of those new compact fold-up thingies."

"Sure," said Paul. "Art, you coming?"

"Yeah, just give me a second."

"Sure, catch up."

As Paul and Rachel headed back off in the direction they had come from, Inga went back towards her tent, a blank look on her face. Artie went up to Liz. "You're seriously okay with this?" he asked. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind..."

"No, its fine," Liz lied, interrupting him. "Honestly. She seems...she seems like a lot of fun."

Artie smiled warmly and kissed her lightly on the cheek. "Oh, you'll never guess what?" he said just as he was turning to run after Paul and Rachel, whispering now. "Paul told me he's in love with Inga."

Liz's face fell. "What? When, just now? In love with her?"

"Shhh," warned Artie. "He hasn't told her yet. I figured there's going to be trouble, but for now he's like the happiest I've ever seen him for a long time. You okay? You look a little pale."

"I'm fine, fine," she said hurriedly. "You'd better, er, you know..."

"Right," said Artie. He kissed her again and hurried off after the other two, leaving Liz alone in the clearing, a mixture of anxieties and emotions running all over the place.

12