The Halls of Academe Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a while Drew reached into the pocket of his discarded jeans and pulled out two condoms. He and Anton hooded themselves and I knew what was in store for me.

I lost track of how long my ass was filled with cock that night. Whenever Drew or Anton got tired or close to cumming they simply pulled out and let the other one take over. At the other end my mouth was constantly full of cock, ass, or tongue. My body was pulled and prodded into every conceivable position, except for one interlude when Anton fucked Drew as I watched. A strange tightness rose in my chest as I saw Drew's jaw go slack, his eyes glaze over as his partner's thick purplish shaft slid like a piston in and out of his stretched hole. I'd seen that look many times, only I'd been the cause. Just as the hurt got too sharp Drew turned to me.

"I need you up there too, Glenny. It's been too long."

Anton obligingly pulled out and let me take his place. Hooded with another rubber, I took Drew on his back, joy and lust and anger all mixed together and exploding out of me through my driving pelvis. He smiled encouragement as his body shook under the force of my thrusts.

"C'mon baby, give me that tongue," he whispered as he pulled my face to his. My shouts of ecstasy were muffled by our kiss as I shot into his ass a few seconds later.

I was ready to collapse after that, but Drew and Anton hadn't cum yet and weren't even close. Their gleeful smiles told me what my punishment would be for jumping the gun. For the next twenty minutes or so their erotic assault never stopped. Finally while Drew was taking me on all fours from behind Anton finished me off by sliding underneath me and swallowing my aching cock whole. I raised my head and let out a long howl as I unloaded a second time that evening down his throat. I was dimly aware of hoarse grunts issuing from behind as Drew slammed into my butt, shooting his long-delayed load into me. As we started to come down from our sexual high Anton knelt in front of me and jacked off into my face. I closed my eyes and stuck out my tongue to catch what I could of the hot spurts.

The three of us lay side by side on the bed, drained and exhausted. Anton was the first to stir. He got up, wiped himself off and started to put his clothes on.

Drew said, "Going back?"

"Yes. I'm on a panel tomorrow morning at eight. Glenn, it was a pleasure." He leaned down and kissed me.

"I'll be there in a while," Drew said.

When the door closed behind him I turned to Drew. "Nice man."

"I told you."

"So I guess you and he are seeing each other now, right?"

Drew nodded. "Anton's totally cool about everything, as you can see."

"Yes, I guess we're just one big happy family." It came out sharper than I'd intended. To my surprise I found myself getting upset, but I wasn't sure why.

His eyes narrowed. "Is there a problem with what we did? Sure didn't seem like it."

"The problem isn't Anton. It's you." I couldn't pretend that we'd just had some casual, no-strings sex. I'd convinced myself I was over Drew, but it seemed I wasn't.

"What do you mean by that?" There was a dangerous spark in his eye.

"You all obviously discussed this little party in advance. I just wish you'd discussed it with me as well."

"Oh, I get it." Drew's voice took on an indulgent tone. "C'mon, Glenn, if I'd asked you about having a three-way you'd have said no. You said at the lake last summer you'd never consider it."

I looked him in the eye. "I also said something else last summer. I said I loved you. Do you even remember?"

Drew reached out a conciliatory hand. "Of course I do. I'm trying to find a way to keep us in each other's lives. What do you want me to do, never have sex again? I'll bet you haven't been celibate either."

An image of Jason's face rose before me and quelled my attack, but only for a moment.

"So you thought introducing me to group sex was just the thing. That's been your approach from day one. The shock treatment. I've been your little project, right? Bring naive Glenn out from under the rock."

Drew turned away in disgust. "I don't believe this."

"I may not be a genius like you, Drew, but I'm not a total fool. I'm the best thing that ever happened to you and you can't even see it. You don't even have the guts to say you love me."

He turned back, eyes flashing. "It doesn't take guts. Most people say it far too often. Maybe I'm saving it for someone who'll appreciate it."

"Well, I congratulate the lucky man who finally drags it out of you." I turned away from him and pulled the covers up. "It's late and I'm tired. Tell Anton thanks for the Scotch. It was his, right?"

Drew got out of bed without a word, and I heard him pulling his clothes on. After the door slammed shut I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes. I lay there a long time before I got up and turned out the lights. It was even longer before sleep finally came.

There wasn't any occasion for me to see Drew and Anton again before I left, and I made no attempt to contact them. The few times we ran into each other at remaining conference events were short and awkward. On the morning of my departure I was sitting having breakfast in the hotel coffee shop. I felt someone pause by my shoulder.

"May I join you?"

"Of course," I replied. Anton sat across from me and ordered a cup of coffee. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke.

"Drew has been quite upset ever since the other night. I gather that you regret what happened."

"It's not as simple as that, Anton. I think you could tell that I enjoyed it." I sighed. "I feel like Drew took advantage of our past relationship. He pushed me into something new without letting me think about the consequences." I shrugged. "But that's Drew's way."

Anton smiled. "He is a man of action, true. But I would be very distressed if you felt any ill will towards me. I agreed to Drew's wishes because he assured me you would be pleased."

I shook my head. "No ill will here. I'm glad we met. And I wish Drew and you the best."

Anton leaned toward me. "I don't know Drew nearly as well as you. But I do know that he cares for you a great deal." He got up. "I wish you safe travels, Glenn."

I thought about what Anton had said on the plane home. Whether or not it was true, I didn't see how he and I could do anything except drift further and further apart with time. We were on different paths through life. I should be grateful they had crossed, however briefly.

After my return the remaining weeks of the semester seemed to fly by. There were no more communications from Drew. I was hurt, but not as much as I would have been a few months before.

I found myself covertly eyeing attractive male students, and even faculty, more often at the gym. One idle evening I pulled up the home page of the local state U. and punched "Stedman" into the directory window. Sure enough, Jason's e-mail, office and home telephone numbers obligingly appeared.

After staring at them for a long time I closed the window without saving any of the information.

I asked Marcia about forming a search committee to fill Drew's vacated post. She gave me an odd look.

"Isn't he just on a year's leave of absence, Glenn? You're talking like he's never coming back."

"C'mon, Marcia. Drew's on the faculty at one of the nation's major research universities now. He's not coming back to Steelman."

"You're probably right. Jon said the other day that he hasn't submitted an official resignation letter, though. He could wait until August to do that. Until he does, we really can't advertise the permanent position or do anything else about filling it. If worst comes to worst, I'd be in favor of asking Pat to stay on another year while we did the national search. She's worked out well, hasn't she?"

I told myself that my irritation was for the institution, that Drew was keeping Steelman dangling when he knew very well what his intentions were. I knew though that I was also taking it personally. Why couldn't he make the break and have done with it, so we could both move on?

It was final examination week of the spring semester, early May. The Texas spring had already given way to early summer weather, hot and sunny most days, alternating with occasional violent thunderstorms. On Wednesday morning I went early to school. Final papers for my upper-division seminar were due at noon. All morning I sat in the office as my students came by to drop their work off, most cheerful and relieved that they had finished the course, a few looking haggard with lack of sleep, pouring out tales of computer woes. At last they were all in--thankfully this time there was no one who had missed the deadline. I decided to walk home for lunch, then come back and start the arduous process of reading and grading them.

I had lived in the same small bungalow just a few blocks from campus ever since I came to teach at Steelman. As I turned onto my street and looked down toward my house I caught sight of someone sitting on the steps leading up to the front porch-a man dressed in jeans and a dress shirt, sleeves rolled up in the already intense heat.

My heart was racing even before he became aware of me and raised his head. As I broke first into a trot, then a run, the smile I still saw in my dreams flashed out in full splendor.

I skidded to a halt at the bottom of the steps, not daring to touch him or clasp him to me, for fear he might dissolve in my arms and reveal himself as a phantom, a figment of my longing imagination.

"Hey," Drew said.

I swallowed, then opened my mouth, but no words would come. Drew took matters into his own hands. He stepped up and embraced me. I felt the hard warmth of his body, breathed the fragrance of his cologne mixed with a slight hint of male sweat.

No doubt it was the shock of seeing him, but my first words were less than gracious.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd surprise you," Drew said, with a slight smile. "How did you put it--the shock treatment."

"I can't believe you even want to talk to me after the way I acted the last time."

"What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment," Drew said. I let go of him and climbed the steps. One small bag sat on the porch. I turned.

"That all you brought?"

"For now. Can I stay here tonight?"

Joy surged up in me, and to cover it I snorted. "You have to ask? Your toothbrush is still here."

We went inside and sat at my kitchen table. I still couldn't think of anything intelligent to say.

"Well, this is quite a surprise. No one knew what your plans were. We haven't heard from you for so long."

"Yeah, well, I wasn't sure for a long time myself. Then once I did decide, things got really busy."

"Oh." I started talking fast. "I guess you need to get those things you put in storage. Have you seen Jon yet? I'm sure he'd appreciate seeing you once before you go. He-"

"Glenn." Drew raised a hand. "I'm explaining it badly. I do have an appointment with Jon today, yes. I want to make sure I can still have my position back. That was the deal and I hope it's still good."

He said it as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"What?"

Drew nodded. "I'm supposed to see him at two. Hope you're free for lunch."

My brain was still trying to comprehend what he had uttered three sentences ago. I must have looked silly, my mouth wide open. Drew's smile was gleeful and embarrassed at the same time.

"The thing is, I had to vacate faculty housing up there once the term ended last week. You know I gave up the lease on my place here. I know this is all kind of sudden, Glenn, but-"

I was shaking all over.

"-I was hoping you'd let me stay with you, at least for a while. I know we haven't discussed any of this. Hell, I don't even know whether you want me back-"

"Stop." I rose and went around the table to where he was sitting. Drew turned to me. His eyes were shining with an emotion I'd never seen before.

"You're not going back?"

Drew shook his head. "They offered to make me a finalist for the tenure-track job, an inside candidate. I turned them down."

"But what about your research? Your next book? Your career?"

He shrugged. "The state U.'s just down the road. They actually have a very good collection in my field. Anything else, I'll find on the Net. Travel."

Drew reached out and grasped my arm. "Glenn, I had everything I wanted there. Except you. And without you the rest didn't mean anything."

For the second time since I'd known him I knelt before Drew with no lascivious intent. I put my head in his lap, my arms around his knees, and burst into tears.

Drew leaned down and spoke softly into my ear, all the while stroking my hair.

"Glenny, please don't cry."

I shook my head, unable to stop. Minutes passed before I could compose myself. Slowly I raised myself off of him and sat on the kitchen floor, wiping my eyes. I shook my head in wonder.

"Every time I think I've gotten over you, you find a way to get to me."

Drew slid off the chair onto the floor and put his arms around me again.

"I thought a long time about what you said to me in Chicago. For a while I was mad as hell at you. But then I realized you were right.

"You helped me without expecting anything in return. You let me go because you put my interests before yours. You did all that because you love me.

"I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure it out. Glenn, I love you too."

I started to cry again on his shoulder. "I don't deserve your love. I cheat on you, do stupid things."

Drew shook his head. "Let's not worry about what we deserve. Let's just treasure what we have--something unique. Something we should share." He paused, then said, "Anton really enjoyed meeting you this spring. He's very upset that I'm coming back here. I'd like to say to him he can come visit."

"Of course he can." When the time was right I'd tell him about Jason too. I wanted them to meet each other.

Drew bent and kissed away the tears on my cheeks. "We don't really need him for a while anyway, do we?" He kissed me again, harder, and a different kind of love surged up in my body. I shook my head in agreement as my arms went around him.

I woke up in the middle of the night, to the sound of rain pattering steadily on the roof. Drew was not in the bed. Anxiety instantly had me wide awake. I padded through the house, calling his name softly, trying to fight down panic. He was nowhere to be found.

I went into the living room, my heart pounding. Relief flooded through me. Through the front window I could see Drew standing on the porch, naked.

I hurried to the front door and flung it open. My lover turned toward me, his body catching the dim light, the shadows emphasizing the chiseled lines of his musculature, the curving majesty of the flaccid organ between his thighs. I drew my breath in at the beauty of the sight.

"Couldn't sleep," he said. "The air's so wonderful out here. Had to step out and enjoy it. Care to join me?"

"Jesus, Drew, the whole neighborhood's going to see."

Drew chuckled. "Glenn, it's three in the morning. I think we can risk it. C'mon."

I pushed the screen door open and stepped out onto the porch. The cool, moist air did feel wonderful on my skin. In the light from the street lamps we could see light rain falling while the moths circled. Drew embraced me from behind and nibbled my ear. My cock twitched at the memory of what we had done earlier that night.

"Mm, doesn't this feel nice?"

I nodded. "Let's hope Elden's not an insomniac."

"Who gives a shit about him. Anyway, I want us to move to a bigger place as soon as we can. It'll have to have a front porch, of course. And a bigger bedroom."

I turned to face him. His eyes shone in the dim light. "You're talking about our future together, Drew. You know what you're getting into?"

Drew smiled. "I know.

"You sure?" I persisted.

"I'm sure."

"In a few years you'll get tenure. Then a full professorship. Once that happens your course is set, Professor Ohlen. You're beholden to Steelman for the rest of your life. And to me, because I'm here for the duration. Are you ready for that kind of commitment?"

In answer Drew took my face in his hands.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

He kissed me then, long and deep. For one instant I worried again that someone might see us, then I dismissed the thought. I was through hiding from the world.

He let me go and walked to the edge of the porch, looking upward.

"Wow. Look at that."

I joined him, following his pointing finger with my eyes. Several blocks away we could see the tower of the Steelman main administration building, lit as it always was at night. The rain and mist softened its hard edges and gave it a glowing, unreal look.

The halls of academe could be harsh and forbidding to anyone who walked them. With someone you loved at your side, though, it wasn't so bad.

A breeze tickled our bare skin and I shivered. I got behind Drew and wrapped my arms around his torso, warming myself with the heat of his body. I couldn't resist taking hold of his cock, which stirred at my touch.

Drew turned his head and smiled. His lips sought mine out in a sidelong kiss. My own organ began to grow as I moved my hips gently against his backside.

"Let's go back to bed," he whispered. I nodded.

The rain began to fall harder. My partner took my hand and led me back toward the house. He pulled the screen door open and we went inside.

END

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pure Fiction

Glen should have found new love, after Drew dumped him for another man for a whole school year. No explanation for their break up. Glen deserves someone better.

WittePietWittePietover 12 years ago
Wonderful

Thr Halls of Academe is the first of your stories that I have read. It is a terrific story and I am now keen to read the earlier ones. The sex was great, the story excellent and there is a lot more true-to-life stuff in the rest of the story than most readers would appreciate. As a retired academic of many years standing, I know that your picture of life in a university department rings very true. It was particularly great that Glenn went to so much trouble to help Drew develop his teaching skills. Many young academics, fresh from doctoral study seriously underestimate the skills required in university teaching, and to have a departmental head prepared to roll up his sleeves and help him shows what a good nature Glenn has. (Though I can't help wondering if he would have gone to such trouble if the new instructor had been an ugly woman instead of a fit and attractive man!).

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaover 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments about Lucas

Just so you know, I've been thinking a long time about a final chapter that would feature Lucas. It's been very hard to write lately, so no telling when it might appear :-(.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thinking alike

WOW..I was thinking the same thing as I finished the Steelman series. I wish Lucas could have found happiness too.

12readnwrite12readnwriteover 12 years ago
Love the whole "Steelman Tale"

I love all the stories in this tale, although there were more for Lucas from "Class Reunion", he should have found someone... Of all the stories, Glenn and Drew's is the best.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Hope Among the Deserted War changes Will's life--can Lucas help him live again?in Gay Male
Sweet Southern Comfort Circumstances throw two men together.in Gay Male
The Difference a Year Makes A new love after the loss of my wife takes me by surprise.in Gay Male
Bobby and the Cop Bobby meets a hunky Cop after being attacked.in Gay Male
The Gentle Giant Young love, and all of its insecurities.in Gay Male
More Stories