The Happiest Day of Her Life Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why not?" asked Jenn.

"Because when I was talking during my therapy session, I blurted out that I felt you and Holly raped me. We didn't have enough time in the session to address it properly, so I'm still chewing on that thought," replied Marie calmly.

Jenn asked, "You think I fucking raped you?"

Marie replied, "At least subconsciously I seem to."

Chloe chimed in, "Right, and we need to respect the validity of that. So, Ree, how much distance will you need from us? Can we call your cell while you're in the Hamptons?"

Marie thought about this. She didn't want to be rude. She really didn't. She loved both of these women with all of her heart. There was that small part of her, however, that felt Jenn and Holly had raped her in Holly's office and she needed to give that its due respect. Marie weighed everything over in her head. She could feel the pain she was no longer shunting. It was threatening to make her burst out in tears. If it started, she wouldn't reign them in. She would let herself cry. She knew, deep down, that she needed to. That's what the move to Tarabella was all about. She was going to surrender to her pain and face it in a foreign, albeit comfortable, environment.

She had been to the huge property in Bridgehampton. It was not a beach house as it had been described in Trent's will. It was a mansion that sat on a private beach. It had an Olympic size pool and multiple hot tubs. It was a very soothing place to go to face her pain.

"No," said Marie finally. "I'll check in, but don't call me unless I go more than three days without calling you."

That seemed fair to Chloe. Later in the evening Chloe would convince Jenn that it was fair. At that particular moment, Jenn was hurt. She never thought she and Holly had forced themselves on Ree. Really, Jenn thought, she had followed the lead of the two naked women she discovered in the lawyer's office.. Her status as a rapist, therefore, really depended on what Holly did. Jenn was getting angry. She didn't want to be angry at her sister. Her sister was finally opening up to hard emotions. Jenn gave Chloe's hand a squeeze. Chloe looked over and gave Jenn exactly what she needed: a smile that made Jenn melt.

Marie went home to pack. She would leave enough things unpacked to go to work for three days. Other than that, it was getting loaded in her car. She had no idea how long she'd be at Tarabella and would rather bring too much than not enough. Marie was hesitant about making such a radical change to her life. She could certainly afford to do this. The most convincing argument she gave to herself was that this felt right. It was time to tear down old walls and build up a new life. Marie packed her luggage and left it by her bedroom door. She would be ready to load her car up after work on Sunday. Her journey was a weekend away.

Friday morning in the ED was always dicey. There was that ominous "Sword of Damocles" feeling that all hell would break loose after the morning nurses got report from the night nurses. This was true of any shift change, but Friday morning seemed to be the shift hard-wired to have shit hit the fan. The report Marie got seemed light. Erin, the night nurse giving her report, seemed very anxious to leave. It was almost as though she knew the shit was inches from the fan and wanted to get out before the splatter. The report was signed, the med cart was counted and Erin practically left skid marks on her way out of the ED.

Marie should have known. The door had barely closed behind Erin when an ambulance came in. Marie stepped up and led the paramedics to treatment room seven. The girl on the stretcher looked like a middle school student. As it turns out, she was celebrating her twenty-first birthday. Marie helped transfer her onto the stretcher in the treatment room, got a clean gown, and began her assessment of the new patient. Pupil response and breathing pattern suggested drug use rather than the expected alcohol poisoning that usually accompany newly minted twenty-one year olds in the Emergency Department. Marie called the charge nurse and, after a consultation with the resident on duty, got permission to run a tox screen. The results, when they finally came in were shocking. The girl, her name would later turn out to be Traci, had almost lethal amounts of MDMA or Molly cut with Ketamine in her system. After a quick consult, and once Traci was stabilized and able to give informed consent, Marie started the rape test. Evidence of rape was fairly obvious. Marie excused herself and went to the bathroom for a long cry. She cleaned herself up and was professional for the rest of the time she needed to spend with Traci.

Traci almost died several times. The combination of Molly and Ketamine was not the most human-friendly cocktail a person could imbibe; especially mixed with the vodka and cranberry juice it was slipped into. Marie was not going to let Traci die on her. There was one point where Marie had to fetch the AED. She and Kristina performed CPR on Traci and Marie hooked up the AED. She administered a shock and they got Traci back. Traci floated in and out of consciousness for several hours. When she was unconscious, Traci's sats would go down.

Traci was taking up so much of Marie's time, Marie was relying on reports from the ED Techs to keep up with her other patients. The Techs would remind Marie who needed meds, who was going to a diagnostic test and things of that nature. Marie was always good to the Techs, so they rarely complained when she asked more of them than usual. Besides, when she focused on one patient she did the Tech's job for that patient, too, such as bed baths.

Marie washed Traci thoroughly while the young woman slept. She washed Traci's hair to discover bleach blonde hair with black streaks. The makeup was washed off to reveal an angelic face. Washing further, Marie found an incredible body. Large, gravity defying tits, a defined core and shapely legs. Traci was an amazing beauty. Marie took a good look, let out a fairly loud sigh, put the clean gown on Traci and checked her vitals again. Concentrating on this young woman, Marie forgot the shivers that had gone down her spine when she first suspected Traci was raped.

Rape was no longer a trigger word for Marie. There was a time she would almost automatically flashback to her wedding night upon hearing the word; even just thinking it. This was no longer the case. At least it was not the case in this particular instant. Marie was focused on keeping this woman alive and out of danger. It was touch and go for a long time. When Traci went downhill, she did so quickly, and it took a long time to get her back. One of the advantages of having someone you needed to focus on was that time often went by very quickly. Before Marie knew it, it was seven at night and the evening shift nurse was there for report. Marie stayed until eight, giving report and helping to keep Traci stable. Marie seriously doubted she would see Traci alive. She said a little prayer before leaving.

Marie went upstairs to the Med/Surg unit to check on Chloe. She chatted briefly with Chloe's night nurse, who'd just gotten report on Chloe. Chloe was stable and seemed to be in good spirits. She had complained of pain more than once and they were establishing her tolerance level for meds.

Marie knocked on the door before entering, as was her habit. Chloe's smile beamed at Marie. Jenn was obviously happy to see Marie but was a bit guarded, most likely still stinging from being accused of rape. Marie looked and felt absolutely exhausted. Chloe spotted it instantly, of course.

"Gee, Ree," said Chloe, "no offense, but you look as though you've been to hell and back."

"It feels like it," admitted Marie. "Busy shift. How was your day?"

"My day?" asked Chloe. "I've been wheeled to X-Ray and Ultrasound. I've been poked and prodded and otherwise I've been watching cartoons with J. Thank you for asking."

"Are you two going to be ok here?" asked Marie, ignoring Chloe's sarcasm. "Do you need anything from home?"

Chloe and Jenn looked at each other for a few seconds. Neither one said a word. Eventually, Jenn looked up and said, "We don't need anything from home, but would you be able to work it out so that I can stay here until Chloe is discharged?"

"Sure, no problem," said Marie. "I was already thinking about doing that when I realized how long her stay would be. Is there anything else?"

"Are you ok?" Chloe asked.

"I'm still repressing my emotions," said Marie. "Once I get through the weekend, I'll be at Tarabella and just release everything I've kept locked in. I'll be fine."

At 8:30, there was a general announcement over the speakers warning that visiting hours were now over. This really didn't apply to the occupants of Chloe's room. Jenn was a paid guest and Marie was staff. Marie decided to go anyway. She gave Chloe and Jenn each a peck on the cheek and left.

===============================================

Lights were turning off in the hallways and the door to Chloe's room was closed by a nurse. Jenn kissed Chloe tenderly. After a very nice makeout session, Jenn carefully went down on Chloe. It never took much to get Chloe aroused and this was no exception. Jenn had her soaking wet within seconds. Jenn did not want to disturb Chloe's catheter and so she concentrated on the clit. Chloe tried to stop herself from moaning and failed miserably.

"J," Chloe whispered, "what if a nurse catches us?"

Jenn replied, "We'll ask her to join us. Duh. We're paid up here. It's not like they can kick us out..."

Jenn returned to her loving ministrations and soon had Chloe cumming hard. It was probably frowned upon, but Jenn was out of fucks to give about hospital policy regarding conjugal visits. Each rule was more Puritanical than the rule before it She loved Chloe and wanted Chloe to be comfortable here. Chloe's moans and loud orgasms indicated she was very comfortable already and Jenn hadn't warmed up yet.

===============================================

When she arrived home, Marie raided the refrigerator. She had spent so much time with Traci, she'd barely had time for lunch. Marie heated up some leftovers in the microwave and ate in silence. Marie was feeling an emotion she couldn't quite identify. It wasn't exhaustion, although she was feeling that as well. She decided to call it an early night and went upstairs to her room. Marie went to the en suite bathroom and washed up for bed. She stripped herself absentmindedly and slid under the covers. Marie settled into the bed and soon began weeping. She had no clue as to why she was crying and she didn't try to stop herself. She sat up in the bed as she cried. Her upper body heaved with her tears and heavy breathing. Her nipples rubbed against the sheets. The pleasurable sensation did not retard her crying.

Marie was no longer aware of her surroundings. She was lost in her tears. She thought of Trent. She felt the guilt of not joining him. She felt the anger that it was his own fault he was dead and she was raped. She felt loss and sadness. She felt a hand on her left shoulder. Marie lifted her eyes to see Frank standing there, naked, with a worried look in his eyes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading. Please leave me some polite constructive criticism. I will be taking my time with Chapter 8, but it is coming.