The Hour

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hold on- your what? I'm not your anything. You are just my dad's friend, his frat buddy or something. Plus if you want to go out you should, you know, ask. Who knows I might say yes." Bennet stood and began to pace again. "Maybe I am sick and this is some crazy fever dream. Hmm, good thing you are kind of hot, else I might have to kill myself to escape. You know that if you know you are dreaming you can control them. I want- flying cake, and a pile of gold and I want to fly!" Bennet opened his arms and imagined himself taking flight. He stayed firmly on the ground.

"Bennet, it isn't a dream and you know it." And deep down inside, Bennet did know. He flopped back in his chair and sighed. He knew he didn't want this party. Plus he had stupid shots already today. He just wanted to go to sleep and forget all of this.

"I know you are tired, but you should know what is happening." Sawyer ached to go to Bennet, to wrap him in his arms and tell him it would be all right. But in reality, things weren't going to be all right for a long while.

"There is a conflict in the society. It will not affect you directly. But the society will. You see we are all shifters. We can shed our skin in a variety of ways, and so can you. Your father is not sure what you will become but there is no doubt that you will have the ability."

Bennet sat unmoving, each word that emerged from Sawyer's mouth was more unbelievable than the last, and yet he couldn't help but believe it. Bennet could feel Sawyer's truth as if it was his own.

"The shots you have gotten each year prevent this change, but now you know your father will probably stop them. He just wanted to protect you as long as he could."

"Why stop now then, I could have gone on just as I have?" Bennet curled his knees up to his chest and considered how much of his life had been a lie.

"The bond cannot be completed if you do not change forms- plus, more urgently, you must learn to defend yourself. The- conflict- has not become physical, but as more members from around the world arrive it is bound to happen."

"What bond? Plus why can't you just talk it out? I mean one douche can ruin everything for you, why would you fight?" Bennet chose to ignore the bit about shape changing for as long as he could. But he had to know what type of bond he was supposed to be making. Bennet wasn't close to anyone. His father was more of a controller, a boss. And that prevented him from getting out enough to make friends; his mother had disappeared hours after his birth. Anything permanent was sure to make him uneasy.

"The bond between us, most shifters have some sort of equivalent, between consort and regent." Bennet frowned.

"What am I supposed to be then, as far as I know a regent is some sort of royalty and I don't know-"

"Old fashioned terms, there is not necessarily a dominant partner, though it often such, especially in nonhuman forms-"

"What the hell? No, I won't do it. This is all crazy. Next thing I know there will be vampires and werewolves running around under the full moon. Nonhuman whatever- no. I can't, won't be running around submitting to any nonhuman anything."

"Bennet, you don't have to." The soft words settled Bennet slightly.

"You still aren't making sense. Use small sentences I can't think, and I think I might be a bit tipsy. What does any of this mean to me, why should I care?" Sawyer paused considered Bennet's words. He then cocked his head before bringing up one finger.

"One, you are my true mate, once bonded we will not be able to live without each other." He raised another finger.

"You will have to change soon, into your ultimate form, it will most likely hurt." Another finger-

"Three, there is conflict, and maybe violence coming, you must prepare."

Bennet nodded slowly.

"That is good for tonight. Maybe tomorrow, I will be able to think, maybe tomorrow-" He felt dizzy, overwhelmed, tired, and just a little bit buzzed.

Sawyer tucked him under the covers, then lay on top of them, next to Bennet.

"Rest well dear one." Sawyer whispered as Bennet drifted to sleep, "It may be a while until you can again.

**

Ryder watched Bennet watch Sawyer in interest. When there was a lull in the conversation he nudged his mate.

"Hey, looks like the boss man's son has been bitten." Tove smiled at him.

"Indeed it does, I remember you watching me like that, I remember it quite well actually." Ryder blushed, he remembered what happened next.

Ryder had been reading in the library of this very same house waiting for his father to finish reporting to Daire, when a beautiful, powerful man had entered the room. Ryder hadn't been able to keep his eyes off the man. He had been stricken by the power the man seemed to hold within him. He had been unable to speak when the man had come to him; he had also been unable to keep his hands off him. It was only luck that they had made it to Tove's house before Ryder had managed to rip all of his and Tove's clothing off. Ryder blushed harder when he remembered how long it had taken him to learn Tove's name- it was afternoon the next day before he had the presence of mind to ask.

"I remember every moment my pretty." Tove whispered, "I remember how eager you were. Unstoppable really. I was so worried I was going to hurt you." Ryder crossed his legs, his embarrassment and arousal almost strong enough to stop him from seeing a dazed Bennet trail after Sawyer.

"Poor baby, I hope he makes it." Ryder felt for his new friend, he had at least known about the Indigo Hour, but he knew Bennet didn't. Learning had broken several people's minds, it wasn't pretty and Ryder didn't wish it on anyone.

"Me too, he's a sweet kid." Ryder frowned.

"He's not that much younger than me, do you think I am a kid?"

"Ryder, this is neither the time or the place to be a brat. You know the answer to that question. Plus you have seen more, done more than him, as close as you are in age you are far in experience." Ryder pouted. He had been being silly, but he didn't like to be told off.

"Can we go soon? Isn't the real meeting tomorrow? That's what you said yesterday, and my skin itches." Tove nodded knowing once Ryder slipped into bitchiness there was no going back.

"After dinner we can leave, that will leave time for a short run."

"Before dessert?" Sighing Tove nodded.

*

Ryder stretched happily. Running, as a fox always made him feel better, it had been a while since he changed, and even though it hurt at first the relaxation was worth it. Plus scaring the small brown mice into their holes was a rather fun game, and one he could beat Tove at. Besting Tove always made Ryder feel better.

Tove shed his other skin slowly and smiled down at Ryder who was lying on the grass at the bottom of the porch.

"You look better." Tove said, Ryder smiled and sat up.

"I feel better, and I will feel even better if you give me what you owe me." Tove frowned, what could he possibly owe Ryder?

"You can be really slow sometimes, slow and dumb." Ryder smiled as he stood.

"You will pay for that!" Tove growled, Ryder giggled sharply and darted up the stairs and into the house.

"I sure hope so!" He called as he sprinted toward the bedroom."

*

Sprawled across Tove's knees Ryder did pay for his cheekiness. His lower cheeks smarted deliciously as Tove's hand came down one final time.

"Ten!" Gasped. He was torn between pushing up to Tove's soothing aloe covered hand or rubbing his erection over Tove's still clothed thighs.

"God, please, more, more, fuck me- something."

"Shh." It was an impossible request. Trembling Ryder tried to still his movements, to stop from crying out as Tove's slippery fingers slowly slipped deeper between his cheeks. They tickled and brushed ever so softly across his twitching hole. It was torture and Ryder wouldn't trade it for anything.

"Tove! Now please, anything- I'll do anything, I'm sorry please!" After an eternity Ryder couldn't stay silent any longer, and he was rewarded for his efforts. Tove slipped one thick finger inside his heat. Ryder clenched hard and pushed back. Tove rolled Ryder from his lap onto the bed and stood. He slowly began removing his clothes, Ryder panted and grabbed a fistful of himself. He hurt.

"No." Tove's soft command brought agony, whimpering Ryder forced his hands to his sides; he writhed on the sheets, wishing he could turn over and knowing if he did he would have longer to wait.

Finally naked Tove pushed Ryder further up on the bed and settled into the cradle of his hips. Tove kissed Ryder's sternum and poured more aloe on his hands before slipping two fingers inside him. Ryder panted against the fullness, even after almost two years together he felt the slight pinch of stretching, and just like the first time it only made him want more.

"Dear god, Tove please, more, more now, I am dying, dying I need you, need you know." His words were breathless.

"No gods here, just us." Tove brushed a kiss across one of Ryder's nipples before nibbling on it. Ryder arched and hissed wordlessly. The moment his back fell back to the bed Tove entered him with another finger and Ryder writhed. He couldn't think of forming words, his mind was full of sensation and want. When Tove saw Ryder holding his breath, and felt his body relax from its vice like tightness he removed his fingers. Savoring Ryder's howl of denial Tove slicked himself with one more layer of aloe and slid home in one slow glide.

Ryder shoved against Tove's hips wanting more, now but unable to form the words. Rubbing Ryder's stomach to encourage breathing, Tove began to move.

It was better than he ever remembered. Ryder's body held him tight and protested his every withdrawal. Each time then came together like this Tove wondered at Ryder's heat, he worried at first that he had a fever, now he just enjoyed the perfection of Ryder's superheated walls.

Ryder tried to breathe, he really tried but each breath brought him closer to completion and he never wanted this to end. He shuddered with each thrust and pulled Tove closer for a kiss, Tove breathed for him, each thrust in an exhale and each withdrawal a breath.

When Tove pulled up to his knees for more leverage Ryder gave up on breathing and just felt. Tove's thumbs rubbing the crease of his hip flexors pushed him over the edge, stars filled his darkening vision as Ryder tumbled over the edge, he didn't hear his own screams, but felt Tove's roar of completion as they fell together.

**

After Ian had showered and dressed in too big, borrowed clothes he returned to the small living area. He felt rested and clean and better than he had in ages, even with the bruises still in place.

Luke had showered in the other bathroom and was now dressed in a charcoal grey dress shirt and black slacks, he looked positively appetizing.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Ian had to say something to prevent drooling on his borrowed clothes.

"I actually have to go to a meeting, but feel free to stay here. Make yourself at home. I would actually like it if you would stay." Again Luke's carefully neutral face faltered. Ian nodded. He didn't want to go home. He liked it here, and if he was free to look around...

"I'll stay." Ian didn't even wait for Luke to leave before he wandered back toward the bedroom to begin his search.

*

Ian had found nothing personal; he had searched the closets and every dresser and drawer her could find. Luke didn't even seem to have a porn stash. He definitely didn't have any family pictures; there was no evidence of any interaction with anyone. Sighing Ian flopped back on the couch and pouted. It wasn't fun to be here by himself without some personal diary to read... Ian paused- then ran back to the office like room, he hadn't checked the bookshelves.

Ian didn't find a journal, but he did find a small-unmarked bluish leather bound book. It looked old and wasn't something Ian would usually look twice at, but since he didn't have anything else to do he carefully slid it from the shelf.

The book was strangely light, it seemed delicate, Ian carried it back to the couch and his newly claimed blanket. Curling in the blankets warm arms and delicious smell Ian opened the book. Only to find it was written in a font he couldn't easily read. After running his fingers across the skin smooth pages he realized it want a font- it was handwriting. Wishing he had his reading glasses Ian began to read.

It was slow going but an intriguing story was beginning to take form. Years ago, according to the book, there had been a huge war, but one that was hidden. There were shape shifter and their protectors, but there had also been some crazy power hungry warlords. Ian didn't usually like fantasy but the immediate nature of the writing made the fanciful scenarios sound almost real.

Ian was so involved in the story and a rather descriptive bit about the supposed bond between two of the main characters, two male characters, that he missed the sound of the door opening, and Luke entering the room.

"What are you doing?" Ian looked up slowly, Luke sounded almost- pissed.

"Just reading, this book is pretty good. I didn't think I would like it, but it is better than I expected." Luke grabbed the book from Ian's hands ripping one of the pages.

"I didn't leave you here, ask you to stay in my house to have you snooping through everything you can get your grubby little human hands on." Ian was shocked.

"You said- to make myself at home-" The happy safe feeling was beginning to retreat, this new Luke was not what Ian wanted...

"I don't know what sort of place you call home when digging through corners and closets was something you would do as a guest." Luke's voice had lost its anger, he now sounded cold, all emotion had fled his body.

"I'm sorry, I'll just go. Is there somewhere I can return your clothes?" Ian tried to bury his disappointment, but could hear the waver in his voice. After not crying for years Ian really did not want to cry twice in one day. Sniffing Ian walks toward the door only to realize he doesn't know where he is, or how to get anywhere without his wallet, the wallet he lost before even making it to the bar's bathroom.

"Don't go." Luke spoke the words quietly, his anger has been replaced instantly with fear and longing the moment Ian stepped toward the door. Luke had been alone a long time, but longing for company did not explain the flood of panic that flowed through him.

"Oh fuck." Luke whispered and Ian stopped. The whiplash of emotions could only mean one thing, something Luke was so not expecting, something he was so not ready for.

"Oh fuck." Once just wasn't enough.

**

"Oh fuck." Bennet opened his eyes; he was suddenly awake, and he remembered everything. The golden haired man, Sawyer was still there, watching Bennet with a blank expression on his face.

"Don't worry, I remember. But I still don't understand. If all you say is true, then this is one fucked up world. Really fucked. Like, fucked up beyond recognition. Like-" Bennet tended to ramble when overwhelmed, and he had never been more overwhelmed than he was at this moment. Sawyer continued to study him.

"The easiest way would be to show you." Bennet watched as Sawyer stood, and was remained how beautiful the man really was. And even with everything Bennet got a tingle in his lover stomach, it got stronger when Sawyer began to remove the shirt he was till wearing, and intensified to liquid pooling heat when Sawyer pushed the shirt off his shoulders and began to work on his belt.

"Umm, why are you so fucking- appealing?" Sawyer smiled at Bennet's words and pushed the pants off.

"You find me attractive because we are mates, what kind depends on what we both want, and what you turn out to be, but there is no question that we will be together." Bennet was only half listening. The majority of his mind was following the narrow trail of golden hair from a soft looking patch at Sawyer's chest down through his abs and to gloriously tight, extremely low cut, black boxer briefs. The golden trial reminded Bennet of a certain song from the Wizard of Oz suddenly the words had a wonderful vision to go along with them.

Bennet reached a hand out to the impressive bulge in the shorts, he was sorely disappointed when Sawyer stepped away.

"Bennet, try to focus." Bennet would have been taken aback at the harsh words if he didn't hear the strain in Sawyer's voice. He tucked his hands under his chin, and settled in to watch the show.

Sawyer turned to the side to pull down the underwear, it gave Bennet a slightly intimidating view of his... prodigious endowment. Bennet was wondering what he could do with such an impressive toy when Sawyer's skin seemed to shimmer, then his muscles seemed to move under the skin. Bennet blinked hard but the impression remained.

"What are you doing?" Sawyer didn't answer, his bones seemed to flex, then bend- and with sickening cracks, move and change. Bennet was frozen in shock. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, but he also knew that there was no way it was a trick. Moments later the thing that was Sawyer let out a sound that was almost a sigh, and soft golden fur spread in a wave from tail to head, and mane.

"THE FUCK!" Bennet scrambled from the lion at the bottom of his bed. The massive animal turned to look at him. The eyes were calm, they knew him. "Where's Sawyer, there is a lion, a lion, lions are really big." All the while Bennet was talking he was scooting himself as far from the beast as he could.

"Big kitty, sweet kitty, don't eat me kitty." Almost whimpering Bennet bolted for the door. He nearly fell down the stairs trying to make it to safety.

"DAD, there's a lion, a lion in my room DAD!" When Bennet made it to the living room he found his father, and the more important of his guests sitting drinking coffee and scotch.

"Bennet, stop shouting and speak slowly." Daire was calm, he looked at his barely dressed son and waited.

"A lion. In. My. Room. Sawyer was there. Then he turned into a huge fucking lion and the bones were snapping and now he is gone and there is a lion and what the fuck is going on DAD!" Bennet couldn't make it to the end of his speech, he was too busy looking for the beast, he realized he hadn't shut the door behind him. It could be in the room now. It could be hiding under the couch, or behind the plant, it could be behind him. Tears gathered in Bennet's eyes as he stood completely still. When he got the courage to turn he saw his last thought had been accurate, the beast was behind him.

"Please don't eat me." Bennet whispered. The cat seemed to smile. Bennet nearly swooned.

"Well Sawyer, that didn't seem to be the best way of showing my son what we are. If there is permanent damage to his mind I may have to deny your claim." There was laughter around the room. Sawyer, the lion, bumped his huge head into Bennet's chest. Bennet fell onto his butt. And stared.

*

After a pretty hard slap, another shower, and a few minutes of cartoon network, Bennet was ready to talk.

"Basically you all turn into animals and have a secret society. I can turn into one too only not right now?" The men sitting around the table nodded. "When were you planning on telling me this?" Bennet's father shrugged.

"I suppose when you moved too far away from the shots. I hoped you would never know." Bennet frowned.

"Why not, you seem okay, so do the other people. And if it is dangerous already, why shouldn't I be able to protect myself? I could have been practicing all this time. You had to know it couldn't last forever." Bennet felt remarkably calm. Now that he was sure he was being told the truth he just needed everything to fall into place. He was usually a pretty down to earth, stable person. And if this was going to be his life, his down to earth, he could handle it. It had just been a big surprise.