The Inheritance

Story Info
Ryan suddenly inherits his Uncle's fortune and his Assistant.
31.4k words
4.77
258.9k
1k
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TstormF1
TstormF1
691 Followers

It must have been my week for shocks. It started Wednesday at work. I received a telegram telling me that my Uncle Roger had died. I didn't even know he was ill. He had canceled our usual summer campout but I thought he must have just been busy. An even bigger shock was the line that required me to be at the reading of the will. They even sent me instructions for travel by air.

I showed the telegram to my boss and requested three days of bereavement leave. He emphatically said, "NO!" I would have to take vacation time instead. I thought that was strange because the company I worked for was a division of my Uncle's corporation, Pacific Explorations. I was sure that I was authorized the leave. After arguing with him for half an hour I told him I wanted two weeks of vacation. He denied my request. I thought he was strangely hostile. I couldn't understand it.

At lunch time I took the telegram to Human Resources. They granted me the leave without batting an eye but they wouldn't give me the vacation without my bosses approval. I shrugged it off. I thought I'd go to the funeral and the reading of the will. When I got the vacation I'd go camping and remember all the times I'd gone camping with Roger. He didn't have any children of his own and his wife, aunt Abigail, died three years ago. We'd camped for a week every summer since I was twelve. He was almost like a surrogate father to me. He really helped me grieve after my father and mother, his sister, died in a plane crash returning home from my college graduation ceremony. I wondered what he had left me. I knew it wouldn't be much but was happy that he thought of me at all.

About two in the afternoon my boss called me in and chew my ass up one side and down the other over me going to HR. He assigned me to straight mid-shifts starting the Tuesday following my bereavement leave. He threatened, "You may have gotten over this time but you'll pay for it. Believe me you'll pay." He turned and stomped off before I had a chance to say anything.

The following morning I went to the airport in San Diego. I checked all the airline ticket counters and was uniformly told that there was no ticket waiting for me. I reread the telegram and almost slapped my forehead. It plainly stated that I was to go to the private charter terminal. I retrieved my car from long term parking and drove to the private terminal. I almost lost my cool when I found Uncle Roger's corporate jet waiting to pick me up. I'm sure my jaw was hanging open all the way up the steps into the plane. I'd expected a coach class ticket not VIP treatment.

I mulled things over all the way from San Diego to Monterey. My mind was still churning as the fields around Monterey materialize out of the fog as we were coming in for a landing.

My next surprise was being met by my Uncle's limo and his personal assistant, Audrey. Audrey was a slim willowy woman who stood about five foot eight in, what looked like extremely uncomfortable, five inch heels. Her auburn hair was rolled tightly in a french roll. She was dressed in a conservative business suit, the skirt came down just below her knees and she wore black hose. She wore little jewelry, onyx studs in her ears with a small diamond mounted in each stud and a tasteful onyx necklace. There was a feminine and tasteful watch on her wrist. She was beautiful. I was becoming numb to surprises when we drove, not to a hotel but to my Uncle's estate. Audrey had my luggage put in one of the guest suites.

After I'd freshened up Audrey sat me at the dining room table and pulled out a large packet of papers.

"I'm so glad you're here. It will make things so much easier," she said.

I noticed dark circles under her eyes. She wasn't disheveled but looked very tired. "So, when are the other cousins arriving?" I asked.

"They'll be here by six thirty this evening. The reading of the will is tomorrow at one in the afternoon. The service is Saturday. Your uncle wanted to be cremated and his ashes scattered over the bay. I'm hoping you'll stay for the service and to help scatter his ashes on Sunday. I've already arranged permission to scatter his ashes at the entrance to the bay. We can take his boat to a point halfway between the headlands that define the bay. That's where he wanted to be laid to rest."

I could see tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

She turned to the packet and handed me a list of instructions that Roger had written. She had recited them to me perfectly.

Next she handed me a sealed letter. "You're uncle told me to give this to you immediately upon his death. I'm sorry, this was the best I could do."

"I'm sure this is fine," I replied.

She flashed me a quick smile, "I would have come down on the plane and given it to you but I had other things I had to take care of."

I patted her hand. "This is soon enough. Now let me read."

She folded her hands in her lap and watched while I opened the letter and read.

Dear Ryan,

When you get this I'll be dead. I'm sure Audrey will get it to you as soon as possible. She's an amazing assistant and an amazing woman. You have a lot of decisions to make in the next few weeks, whatever you decide be kind to her she's been my rock since Abby died.

What I wanted tell you is, I've been watching you and your cousins closely for years. What's going to happen over the next few days and weeks is the result of my observations.

I also want you to know I've enjoyed our summer outings immensely and regret that my illness made it impossible this year.

I can't and won't tell you the details of my will but I hope you'll stay around for the reading. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I hope you'll be here for my burial at sea so to speak.

I want to warn you about Sherwin Wilson. He's the CFO of the corporation. I've been too ill to take part in all of the board meetings and he's been voting my shares. Of late, I've become worried about the direction the company is taking. We are becoming less ecologically sound in our practices, hiding behind our record. Soon the activists will get wind of this and the corporation won't do well in the resulting fire storm. I'm hoping you can turn this around. I know from your actions and associations that you feel like I do about the environment. Follow your instincts, you have good ones.

Again I can't tell you how much I enjoyed our summer camp outs. I'm very proud of you. You've grown to be my kind of man.

My last word is to say: trust Audrey implicitly. Don't trust anyone else at the company."

Love and Long Life

Roger

I sat back stunned.

Audrey asked, "Are you alright sir?"

I held out the letter. "Read it."

"Oh no sir. That was private for you from your uncle."

"Read it Audrey. Apparently, I'm going to be relying on you for a lot of things."

She took the letter and read it twice before handing it back to me. She had a tear standing in the corner of her eye.

"Audrey will you help me thru this? Will you stay and guide me thru things? I don't know what I can pay you but I'll do my best to do right by you."

Her tears leaked down her cheeks. "Of course I'll help you for as long as you need."

She looked really tired prompting me to ask, "Audrey how long have you been up?"

"It's nothing sir. There have been a lot of things that needed attending to."

"Audrey, that doesn't answer my question. Please answer me. How long have you been awake?"

She looked me in the eyes. "I've been awake for thirty eight hours sir. There's just been so much to do."

When do you have to meet the next group of my cousins at the airport?"

"I need to be there in about four hours sir. Now there is so much more we need to go thru..."

I interrupted, "Not now. First, I want you to call me Ryan except when we are in meetings and 'Sir' is appropriate. Second, you are going to bed right after you take a shower. I'll wake you in time for you to meet my cousins."

She started to protest. "Sir, I mean Ryan, I still have so much to go over with you... "

"No, you're going to bed right now! I'll read these papers while you sleep and you can go over them with me when you get back. Drop your clothes outside the door and I'll have them cleaned while you sleep."

She stood up and looked at me with a slight smile on her face. "You're so like your uncle. Thank you Ryan. No need to have my clothing cleaned. I keep some outfits here."

I walked her to the door to her room, next to Uncle Roger's master suite. As she slipped thru it. I saw a nice queen sized bed and the door to an en suite bathroom. I stayed by the door listening. I heard the shower come on briefly and then shut off. After a few minutes I could faintly hear her crying and the slight creak as she slipped into the bed. I listened for a few minutes, until I heard a soft snore. Once I was sure she was asleep I started wandering the house.

I found the kitchen and a chef waiting there. I said, "Hello. Anthony, right?"

He smiled, "Yes sir, I'm Anthony. Can I fix you something to eat?"

"Unless you're off duty, in about three hours I'd like a couple of sandwiches for me and Audrey. I like roast beef or ham. I'm guessing you know what she likes."

He smiled, "Yes sir. I think a chef's salad for Audrey, with chicken. I'll take care of it sir."

I said, "Please call me Ryan. I'll never answer to 'Sir,' I'm not used to it."

"As you wish... Ryan."

"So how long have you worked for Uncle Roger? I can't remember when I first met you."

"I've worked here for ten years. It was much happier when your Aunt Abigail was alive. Your uncle really loved her. I remember your summer camping visits. You'd be here for about a day then you and your uncle would take off for a week of camping. He was always so relaxed and at peace when he returned. ... Are you sure I can't get you something?"

"A glass of iced tea would be good. I have a lot of papers to go thru."

He went to the fridge, an enormous refrigerator suitable for a small restaurant, and got out a pitcher of tea. A glass from the cabinet and a handful of ice cubes and I had my tea.

I said, "Thank you Anthony." I took a sip. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm doing alright. Of course, I'm sad. I really liked your uncle. I can't figure out if it's because of Roger dying or because I'll soon have to look for a job. Still, I liked your uncle, a lot. He'd come in here and talk to me, just like you are now. We'd talk about everything from the quality of the fish in the market to the latest space news. He was really hot on the environment. You know global warming and things like that. He always was interested in what I thought. Why I don't know. The only things I know are from what's on TV. It doesn't make much sense to me."

I smiled, "Maybe Uncle Roger wanted to understand how most people were reacting to the news. Maybe he was trying to get a feel for how the people were being led around by the nose by the news they got from TV. Maybe he was using you as a sounding board. I'm sure you were a great help to him. ... This is very good tea. Could I get a refill?" I shoved the glass across the counter toward him.

He smiled and refilled the glass. I took it and with a small hand wave, went back to the dining room. I sat down to go thru the folio of papers Audrey had for me. I skimmed over them once and noticed how Audrey had arranged them in a logical order so that everything built on the papers that came before them. I'd just finished reading them for the second time when Anthony brought out my sandwiches, a refill on my tea, he also brought Audrey's salad and a glass of lemonade. I thanked him and went to wake her.

I knocked on the door but got no answer. I tried the door knob and it was open. I walked quietly to the bed and softly said, "Audrey it's time to get up." That didn't work so I gently shook her shoulder and repeated myself.

She startled awake. She threw the covers back and slid out of bed onto the floor. She knelt on the carpet with her hands clasp behind her back and her knees spread wide. Her head was bowed but her back was straight. She was stark naked. She whispered, "I'm sorry Master."

I was taken aback and amazed at the beautiful woman kneeling at my feet. I could feel my cock rapidly filling with blood. I suppressed my base urges and said, "Audrey, it's Ryan. It's time to get dressed. Meet me in the dining room. Anthony made you a salad for lunch." I left quickly, softly closing the door behind me.

Audrey was out in the dining room in under fifteen minutes. She looked at me and blushed. She sat down and looked me in the eyes. "Well that was embarrassing. I guess that secret is out. Ryan, I'm a submissive. It's just something about me. I do better if someone is in charge of me. For the last three years I've been your uncle's personal assistant and sex slave. His willing sex slave. I never wear clothes unless it's necessary."

"What about when Anthony's around?"

"Anthony knows everything. I've been naked around him for almost two years. Anthony is gay and far more likely to hit on you than me. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you."

"I'm a little embarrassed but also enlightened. You're very beautiful and very sexy."

She smiled, "Thank you. Thank you for making me get some sleep. I feel so much better now." She started to eat, "The salad is perfect, how did you know?"

"I talked to Anthony. I ordered sandwiches for both of us but he suggested the salad and lemonade. I figured he knew what you liked a lot better than I did so I took his suggestion."

"I can see you're smart like your uncle."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you didn't know what I liked but you listened to someone who did. Your uncle was like that. He had to trust the person but when he trusted them then he acted on their advice. In this case this is the perfect lunch for me." She started eating with gusto.

"Thank you for the complement. I'm glad it's something you like."

She asked, "Did you get to look at the documents I left?"

"Yes, twice. Your organization was excellent. They made a lot of sense."

She sat up a little straighter. "You got thru them twice!"

I nodded, "Yes. The first time I just skimmed them to get an overview. The second time I read them more in depth. I still want to go over them with you but not now. Let's keep meal times for good food, good company and good conversation. No work during meals. Okay?"

She smiled again, "You are so like your uncle, he didn't like to mix work with his meals either."

She finished her salad and said, "I'm sorry but I have to run if I'm going to make it to the airport on time."

I stood up as she rose. "No worries. I'll be here when you get back." I noticed she had on a different power suit and was wearing five inch heels. They looked uncomfortable. She teetered just a little on them as she walked.

After she left, I wandered around to finish reacquainting myself with the house while she was gone. I found the game room, the exercise room and the pool. I found the dining alcove off the kitchen and a lot of bedroom suites. I even invaded Uncle Roger's bedroom. Hidden behind his open door was a door between his room and Audrey's room. It looked like part of the wall. It had no lock and the release was well disguised. It started my mind to working, I wondered what it looked like from the other side. I restrained myself from invading Audrey's room but, given what happened earlier I was definitely curious.

Finished poking into the rooms in the mansion, I went to a lounge area and put some music on the entertainment center. I looked out the windows at the bay and thought about Audrey, things she'd implied and the door between her room and Uncle Rogers. I thought about her coming out of a deep sleep and kneeling at my feet naked. I thought about what she told me about her relationship with my uncle. I thought a lot about her revelation that she was submissive. Then I thought "Holy Shit!" As the full import of her actions and Uncle Roger's letter hit me.

I went back to the kitchen and asked Anthony if there was something quick he could fix for dinner for Audrey and I. Something that my uncle would like and something that Audrey would like too. I explained that I didn't know when she would be back but that it was important to me that she had a good meal when she returned.

He came around the counter and gave me a hug. "You're taking care of her just like your uncle did. She's been working very hard, you know. You're uncle was worried that she wouldn't have anyone after he died. I'm sure he is looking down from heaven and smiling right now." He stepped back blushing a deep red. "I'm sorry but I feel for her."

"Don't be sorry. I feel for her too. Her loss seems to be the deepest. From what I've seen she really loved him. She's only doing this because it was his wish. I'll try to take care of her."

He said, "Damn you're a good man!"

There was something in the way he looked at me, I said, "Anthony, she told me you were gay. I'm afraid I'm strongly hetero."

He smiled, "She told you that! Well, that tells me more about you than anything I've seen. It's the truth, I am gay and if you'd shown the slightest inclination I'd put out the welcome mat for you. I'm glad you know and glad to know where we stand. As I said, you're a damn good man."

It was nine-thirty before Audrey got back. She looked dead on her feet. However, she picked up the packet of papers from the table and said, "Well shall we get started?"

I took the packet from her and said, "No. You look exhausted. We're going to have dinner and then we're going to bed. Now does uncle have a safe we can secure these in until tomorrow?"

"Yes si... yes Ryan, he does." I handed her the papers and she carried them into Roger's bedroom.

When she came back out I pointed to a spot on the couch and said, "Sit." She sat and watched me as I pulled up the ottoman. I picked up her feet and sat them on my thighs and gently removed those ankle-breaker shoes.

"Oh God that feels good," she whispered.

I gently started massaging her feet and calves. She started making low moaning and cooing sounds.

She almost zoned out then shook herself. "Who do you want me to kill? Another half hour of this and I'll do whoever you want!"

I chuckled, "I'll keep that in reserve. You've already earned this many times over. What took so long? I thought the last plane arrived at six thirty."

She sighed, "It did but they all wanted room upgrades and there was a lot of grousing about who had the best room and the best view. Jesus what a bunch of children!"

"Well I have no doubt I have the best room. We have enough bedrooms here why are they all in a hotel and I'm here."

She looked at me, "You're not that dense. You're the heir apparent. Besides it's the way you're uncle wanted it. He said it was easier to get rid of them this way. All we need to do is announce that we're not paying the hotel bills any longer. They're welcome to stay as long as they want; all they have to do is foot the bill."

I laughed out loud. "Sneaky old fart wasn't he!"

She giggled, "When the occasion arose. Yes he was."

Anthony announced dinner. It was angel hair pasta with chicken and Alfredo sauce, accompanied by a garden salad with Italian dressing, served with a crisp chardonnay.

TstormF1
TstormF1
691 Followers
123456...9