The Journey Home Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They walked through the concourse quickly and noticed the security gates ahead. The security check took over half and hour because of all the boxes Laura had. Once through the gates, the guards piled the boxes and luggage back on the cart and then Laura and Emma were on their way to check in.

They had plenty of time to check the luggage and get their tickets before their flight left so they decided to get a bite to eat when Laura announced as she rubbed her stomach, "I'm famished!" and then continued, "My stomach is growling so loud I'm afraid someone will hear me. Can we stop for a sandwich or something before we get on the plane?"

Emma nodded her head as she glanced over the airport directory. "There's a little place right around that next corner to the left," she said as they began to walk in the direction she pointed.

Laura walked right beside Emma as they neared the sandwich shop. Laura glanced over the menu and picked the turkey deli and a bag of chips. Emma ordered a ham on rye with fries. "You go get a table and I'll get our drinks." Emma said, as she handed Laura her purse over the rail.

They ate quickly and cleared their mess as they stood up to leave and then headed back to the boarding gate. The flight was called shortly after they returned; they both stood and walked toward the door to the tunnel that attached to the plane. Laura went first and found her seat, but she didn't want to sit by the window for some reason. She began to shake uncontrollably again, just like she did in the bathroom at Emma's house.

"Don't worry, I will sit there and you can have my seat," Emma told her as she scooted past Laura to sit by the window.

She handed Laura her purse to put in the overhead compartment when Laura was putting her own purse up there. "Just don't let me forget it!" she said jokingly as Laura took her seat and fumbled with the seatbelt.

The seats and windows vibrated slightly when the pilot started the engines of the plane. Laura grasped the armrests and closed her eyes tightly as the plane accelerated to top speed near the end of the runway. Laura gasped as the plane took off. Emma smiled slightly as she patted Laura's hand to comfort her.

"I think we should have driven the car." Laura exclaimed as a look of fear covered her face and she clenched her eyes tight for nearly the entire ride.

To be continued...