The Journey Home Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~

The weeks passed quickly as Ben and Laura planned for their wedding. Laura didn't want anything extravagant, however there were many small details to tend to. Laura spent as much time with Sara and the twins as possible after work and on the weekends, lending a helping hand wherever she was available.

Their nights were spent enjoying each other and much of that time was spent making love, in one room or another; Laura's favorite was foreplay in the kitchen. She always looked forward to him coming home after work and fondle her by the stove or sink as she prepared their dinner. Ben really got turned on when Laura would call him into the shower with her before they headed to bed at night. Their sex life was better than ever.

~~~

Two days before Laura's next appointment with her doctor she experienced a horrible headache, which caused her to leave work early. Ben came home to find her sitting on the couch in total darkness; her hands held her head and her eyes closed tight.

"Please don't make so much noise Ben," she said, continuing to hold her head.

"Oh what's the matter honey?" Ben asked.

Laura didn't say a word.

"I'm calling the doctor right now," he added as he reached for his phone.

"Ben, don't! I don't really feel like going out anywhere. I took some aspirin a few minutes ago and just want to go to bed," Laura said as she stood and walked to the bedroom.

"Are you sure you're okay? Did you hit your head today or something?" Ben asked, still wanting to call her doctor.

"No!" she snapped back. "I said I'm okay, I just have a bad headache and some nausea today is all. I'm sure I'll be fine after a nap, besides I'm going to see him in a couple days anyway."

Ben didn't want to upset her anymore than she already was so he put the phone down and helped her up the stairs and into bed. He closed the curtains and shut the door slightly then sat in the chair beside the bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow she was asleep. Laura slept the entire afternoon and into the next day, Ben never left her side until the following morning.

When she awoke it was mid afternoon, but her headache was finally gone. She rolled out of bed and grabbed the robe Ben had put at the foot of the mattress for her and she headed downstairs.

Walking into the kitchen she was greeted with a gentle hug and a peck on her cheek. "I called your work for you and they said to just relax today and they would see you Monday morning," Ben said, handing her a cup of fresh brewed coffee then sat beside her at the kitchen table. "I'm taking the day off too, so you won't be alone in the house," he added as he put his arm around her shoulders and leaned in to kiss her cheek.

Ben stayed home with Laura the entire day, waiting on her hand and foot. He would rest occasionally to caress her shoulders as she sat on the sofa, knees drawn in toward her chest snacking on saltines because the nausea was still with her even though the headache had disappeared.

Ben had to return to work the second day for an important meeting with a new client. That morning he woke before Laura and dressed quietly so as not to wake her.

He phoned her several times during the day to check on her. Each time, she said she was doing fine. She didn't want to worry Ben with the news of her headaches recurring and now feeling sick to her stomach, so each time he called she had a smile on her face and happiness in her tone. When she hung up the phone her smile left her face and her tone changed dramatically. Laura spent the majority of the two days in bed sleeping, or in the bathroom afraid to go too far from the toilet. Saturday, her appointment day, couldn't have come sooner. Her headaches were still as strong as the first one and Ben had to drive her to see the doctor. He was worried sick.

Ben helped Laura to the car and when he closed the door after her, she grabbed her head in her hands and closed her eyes. Ben noticed Laura hadn't put her seatbelt on so he reached around her, fastened her seatbelt then reached behind him to fasten his own. He drove as fast as he dared to the hospital, trying not to exceed the speed limit, yet make all the lights.

"How are you doing sweetheart?" Ben asked quietly, as he glanced over at her.

She didn't respond and that was unusual for her. Horrible thoughts started running through Ben's head as he saw the hospital entrance up ahead. "Oh God, what could be wrong? I hope it's not from the accident and that bump on her head? Please God, don't take her from me again." He prayed. The tires squealed as he turned into the driveway; rushing across the lot and stopping at the entrance.

Ben put the car in park, jumped out and ran to get a wheel chair for Laura. On his way back out he ran into the guard and asked for help. "My fiancée has an appointment with Dr. Tate today and she's unable to walk," he started to say.

"Where's your car?" The guard asked and followed Ben outside.

"I'll get her and you can park right over there," the guard continued as he opened Laura's door and helped her into the wheelchair.

Ben pulled his car into the reserved spot the guard directed him to. Worried about Laura, he neglected to secure the vehicle after he slammed the door and ran up to the entrance where Laura waited for him.

"Th--ank you, s--ir," Ben said almost out of breath from rushing so.

He quickly pushed the wheelchair to the elevators and hit the arrow pointing up. When the doors opened, Ben needed to wait for doctors and some other people to get off before he could get in. As he pushed the button for the floor he needed the guard told Ben he would phone up to Dr. Tate's office and let him know they were coming up and needed a room right away. Ben thanked him as the doors closed.

The hum of the elevator irritated Laura and she held her head again.

"We're almost there baby, just hang on a few more minutes," he said quietly, caressing her shoulders. As the doors opened, Ben saw Emma waiting on the other side and she took the wheelchair from him and rushed Laura into the office.

Ben ran behind them as they walked quickly down the carpeted hall. He stepped to the side and opened the office door as they approached. Emma took Laura directly into the exam room where Dr. Tate was waiting for her.

Laura felt more at ease now that she was in his office. Emma helped her from the wheelchair to the exam table and told her to lay back. She removed her hands from her head as Samuel spoke to her.

"So, I see you aren't feeling well." He said as her exam began.

"Not do--ing g--ood to--day doc--tor," Laura stammered, rubbing her forehead and then continued. "I have been getting th--ese horrible headaches the p--ast couple days. Ben wanted me to call you, but it went away after I took some Motrin. Today is different though, it's not g--oing away."

Dr. Tate ordered an ex-ray of the bump and Emma helped her to the last room down the hall. After Emma took the picture of her head she helped Laura back to her room where she immediately laid down.

Ben was a nervous wreck by this time. He hadn't even sat down yet. He just paced back and forth in front of the door that separated the waiting room from the exam rooms; his palms were damp with sweat as he tried to think positive.

Laura's x-ray was read as soon as it was finished and Dr. Tate walked back up the hall to her room with the picture in his hand. He opened the door and held the x-ray up to the light to show Laura nothing had changed with the bump. This news put her at ease a bit, but was still concerned as to why she wasn't feeling well all of a sudden.

Samuel began asking a ton of questions as he pulled up the stool and sat beside her. "When was your last period?"

She answered him after she looked at the calendar Emma handed her. Samuel smiled and brought his right hand to his chin.

"Emma, I need you to get a urine sample from her again. I want to rule out everything," he said as he walked out of the room.

Ben tried to see what was going on as he pushed his nose against the small window between the door and the wall, but all he could see was Samuel and Emma walking in and out of the room Laura went into.

Emma walked Laura to the restroom and handed her a small plastic container and a packet of sterile towelettes. "The directions are on the wall above the toilet," Emma told her as she opened the door of the restroom. "When you're finished you can set the cup on the counter and then return to your room to lay down," she added.

Laura closed the door and walked over to the toilet to read the directions. "I'm getting tired of peeing in a cup," she said as she read the directions thoroughly.

When she was finished, she flushed the toilet, washed her hands and walked toward the counter where Emma instructed her to place the cup and then went back to her room.

Emma peeked in a few minutes later to check on her and told her the test the doctor was doing would only take a few more minutes. "Can I get you anything while we wait?" she asked.

"Can I have something stronger than Motrin for this headache?" Laura responded.

"I will give you something as soon as the doctor gives the okay, but for now how about some cold water?"

"No thanks, I'm not thirsty. How's Ben? He was in a panic when we got here."

"I'm sure he's fine, but I will check on him right now for you." Emma said and walked out of the room and headed for the waiting room.

"Emma!" Samuel called out from down the hall as she was going to check on Ben. Ben looked up concerned when from the corner of his eye saw her coming toward the door. His concern turned to anger when she abruptly turned and headed back the way she came. She passed Laura's room and walked into another room. Ben had become quite annoyed by the fact that he had no clue as to what was happening with Laura.

"Will you please bring Ben back here to be with Laura when I tell her the results of her test?" Samuel asked as a broad smile covered his face.

Emma had her suspicions all along and by the look on Samuel's face, they were confirmed. "Right away doctor," she said excitedly, as she turned and walked back down the hall.

The door opened and Ben's heart sank to his stomach when Emma began to talk. Because of his stress and worry he didn't hear everything Emma had said, but walked through the door when she held it open for him. He stopped after he entered; letting Emma walk in front to show him which room Laura was in and told him to have a seat.

Laura, by this time, was sitting up on the edge of the table, her headache was gone, but still showed signs of concern when Emma came into the room with Ben. He walked over to her, kissed her cheek and sat on the table beside her. He reached out his hand and held hers when the doctor returned to the room.

Everyone was nervous, anxious to hear what Samuel had to tell them. Ben was sweating bullets and felt sick to his stomach but tried not to show it in front of Laura who probably felt the same way as Samuel began to speak.

"Well, we ruled out any complications with that nasty bump on your head, actually it is getting smaller!" he said with a smile and then continued. "I reviewed the results of your tests we did last time you were here and they all came back negative. I could only think of one more test to rule out the cause of your headaches and I'm h---"

Samuel stopped talking in mid sentence when Laura begin to sob. He handed her a tissue from the box behind him and then held her hand as he started again. "As I was saying, I'm happy to tell you this test came back positive!"

Both Ben and Laura starred in confusion at the doctor with the news of her test. Laura glanced at Emma who stood beside Samuel. Emma smiled broadly and walked over to hold Laura's hand and quietly announced, "You're pregnant!"

Shocked, Ben and Laura stared at Samuel and Emma. "W-what?" Laura said, as the look of shock turned to tears of joy. Ben laced his fingers in hers and rubbed her stomach.

~~~

Epilogue

When Ben and Laura returned home, Laura ran to the phone to call her sister and Ben pulled out his cell phone to call Max with the great news. Ben and Laura were married in a simple ceremony at their house one month to the day they discovered they were expecting. By this time, Sara was back up on her feet tending to her four children. The guest list was small, just their immediate family, closest friends and co-workers.

As Laura walked down the path in the garden, all eyes on her, tears welled in Ben's eyes. She was radiant in her gown; a loose fitting ivory gown adorned with pearls. It was very simple, something that she could cut down to wear as a casual dress later. Her hair was pulled up with white beaded accents.

Linda, the flower girl, carried a basket of rose petals, scattering them along the path as she walked toward the gazebo. Bobby was the ring barer and walked down the path right after his little sister.

Sara was the matron of honor and Max was the best man. Peter told Ben, "Max should be your best man. Laura is back with us because of his help and persistence." The exchanging of vows took place in the gazebo, chairs placed around the perimeter for guests.

Ben looked sharp in his new suit. With the news of the pregnancy, Ben didn't want to spend extra money on a tuxedo, deciding instead on a black pinstripe suit. Max and Sara were in their finest clothes. Laura didn't want anyone to go out and get extravagant with formal wedding attire.

Ben and Laura wrote their own vows and recited them to the other and then exchanged the rings. When the priest announced, "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride!" Ben went all out as he slid one arm behind her back and the other behind her head, dipped her and kissed her passionately.

When it came time for the bouquet toss there were only two single women there, Emma and Betty. Laura tossed her flowers over her head and the two women, both wanting it, ripped the bouquet in half! Ben tossed the garter and Max was the lucky man to catch it. He put the garter on Betty and then pulled it down and gave it to Samuel so he could do the same to Emma.

The cake was cut and served by one of Laura's co-workers. The top of the cake was taken to the freezer in the kitchen for their first year anniversary. The party lasted a few more hours and when Ben gave Max the signal that they were calling it a night he made one final toast and at the end wished everyone a safe ride home. With that the guests started to leave.

Ben carried Laura through the yard, into the house and up the staircase to their bedroom. He laid her on the bed, the comforter covered in rose petals. He walked to the chair by the closet and removed his suit coat and tie and then walked back to the side of the bed.

He sat beside Laura and with her hand in his he whispered, "Laura, you are the love of my life. Today we begin the journey we have waited so long for. I am so grateful that you came back to me. I will honor you all the days of my life." Ben ended his little speech with another fiery kiss as he held her face in his hands.

Their lovemaking began slow and romantic as Ben undressed her. Tender kisses trailed her bare skin as Ben slowly pulled the fabric down her body. She tried to get his shirt off but he kept pushing her hands back. Once she was naked he stood up and ripped his shirt open quickly pulling it off, his pants and briefs followed. He lay on the bed beside her and tenderly slid his palm over her belly.

"I love you," he whispered as she smiled at him and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I love you too," she replied, pulling him into her for another kiss.

The tender kisses and gentle caresses soon turned wild and passionate when Laura pushed Ben off her and rolled him over. She straddled his thighs, gazed into his eyes and in a delicate voice said, "Fuck me Ben!"

~~~

Their honeymoon was a week touring the northern tip of Michigan as well as the Upper Peninsula. Before Laura's accident, she and Ben had dreams of spending their honeymoon in Cancun; an island community of southeast Mexico off the northeast tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. However, since the plane crash and their reunion, they decided it best to drive somewhere, staying as far away from any planes as possible.

Peter and Sara named the twins Elizabeth Rose and Paul Douglas after Betty, who's middle name is Rose; Paul for Dr. Stone and Douglas being Max's real name.

Laura safely delivered a sweet baby girl and named her Emma Lynn, after Emma and her sister Sara. Their family didn't stop there however. Shortly after Emma Lynn's first birthday they were expecting again.

Max suggested to Ben that they go after the airlines for negligence, among other things. The case went to court and the airlines lost. Laura was awarded one point three million dollars! Ben wanted to properly thank all those who aided in Laura's safe return to him. He gave Dr. Stone the largest amount to continue his research with amnesia and some was divided amongst Dr. Tate, Emma, Max and Betty. He put the rest in an account for his daughter and future children.

After the lawsuit ended, Max asked Betty to marry him and she said yes. She stopped flying and took classes for nursing. She got a job at Beaumont Hospital working with Emma and Samuel.

Samuel proposed to Emma on the helicopter pad at the top of the hospital where they often went after a hard day to cuddle beneath the blanket of stars. Emma also said yes to Samuel's proposal. A couple weeks after they were awarded the check from the lawsuit, the family celebrated the births of Ben and Laura's twins, a boy, Benjamin Samuel and a girl, Jessica Renee' after her and Ben's mothers. As time went on the family continued to grow!

Holidays that were once quiet are now full of cheer and the patter of little footsteps as Ben, Laura, Sara, Peter, Emma, Samuel, Max and Betty and their children all gather at Ben and Laura's home to celebrate life, love and family!

The End