The Last Word

Story Info
Dana plans to seduce an older woman.
8.5k words
4.71
63k
45
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Phoenix74
Phoenix74
133 Followers

Dana rushed into the bookstore as she glanced at her watch, groaning as she realized she had a little less than two hours to buy the book she needed, go home and change, then meet her date. She didn't dare be late tonight. She'd finally scored a date with Rita, this incredibly hot woman who hung out at the same lesbian nightclub that she did. Dana would swear that, every night she was at the club, women were at least three deep at the bar trying to get Rita's attention. And Rita knew it.

Dana's date tonight stood about 5' 10", had a slim, athletic build, long, straight silky black hair and a light olive complexion. Rita was a classic Italian beauty and just oozed sex appeal. Dana was still in shock that Rita had even noticed her the other night. Oh, Dana knew she was pretty, but not a knock out, not like Rita. She was average height with thick, dark brown hair and brown eyes. Dana wasn't model thin, but considered herself slim and curvy.

She'd sat at the bar for hours the other night, watching Rita flick off potential dates like she was flicking lint off her sleeve. When Rita had turned her way, then offered to buy her a drink, Dana damn near fell of the bar stool. Seizing the opportunity of a lifetime, she started flirting with Rita, who seemed happy to flirt back, and Dana had scored tonight's date.

Now, her big problem was what would happen when the date wound its way back to one of their apartments. Dana was no novice, but she wasn't the Don Juan of the lesbian world, either. Deep down, she was terrified of not being able to keep Rita's attention in bed tonight, and then this would end up being their one and only date.

Sitting in rush hour traffic, her mind had created ever worse case scenario known to man. Panicking, she'd decided to seek help from the one thing that never let her down, books. So she'd made a last minute dash to her favorite bookstore, The Written Word. Luckily, the store was only ten minutes from her apartment.

Now she tore through the store, making a beeline for the adult books section. Once there, she started skimming the titles, plucking books off the shelf as she spotted those that seemed to meet her needs.

Within minutes, she had an armful of books and started flipping through them, speed-reading the back covers where they always printed the summaries. Juggling books, flipping them at an increasingly fast speed, it wasn't long before she lost control and they went tumbling to the floor.

Dana winced at the sound of books crashing, and quickly bent to pick them up. Suddenly, a hand appeared in her line of vision and Dana's head whipped up, her cheeks beginning to burn with embarrassment. Fear quickly added itself to the mix when she saw who was helping her.

Karen began gathering books, and didn't notice the look of horror that was spreading across Dana's face. The Written Word was her store, and she made a habit of getting to know her regulars. About ten minutes ago, she had been stocking books on the far side of the store, when she looked up to see Dana rushing in. Dana was one of her best customers, frequenting Karen's store at least once a week. Sometimes she bought just one book, other times she'd leave with bags bulging full. Karen would sometimes stop to chat with her whenever Dana came in. Karen believed that adding a personal touch was one of the things that kept her regulars returning to her store.

She'd noticed that Dana seemed to be in quite a rush, so she had hesitated from walking over to say hi, but when she heard the books fall, she hurried over to offer her assistance. Scooping up books, Karen's mind began to register some of the titles: "100 Ways to Drive a Woman Wild in Bed" and "The Lesbian's Guide to Better Sex". Looking up, Karen saw Dana's face was tight with embarrassment and tension. Not wanting to upset one of her best customers, Karen quickly handed the books back to Dana, careful to act as if she hadn't noticed the titles.

Dana accepted the books Karen handed her, returned Karen's smile with a weak one of her own, then muttered a "thank you" as Karen backed out of the aisle. God, she wanted to die! Karen was the storeowner and always went out of her way to say hello, or to talk for a few minutes. That's one of the things Dana always appreciated about the little store. It was about a quarter of the size of the big chains, but Dana enjoyed the cozy atmosphere and thought their selection was very well rounded. Dana didn't advertise, though, that she was a lesbian. People never guessed that about her unless she came straight out and admitted it. Karen had just played things very cool, pretending she hadn't noticed what kind of books Dana had, but Dana had caught her eyes skimming the titles. Dana was in her early thirties and judged Karen to be about ten years older. Because she was older, Dana wasn't sure how open-minded Karen was about sexuality, so she'd always been careful not to say, or do, anything that would tip Karen off about her.

But now the cat was out of the bag, and Dana felt like sinking right into the carpet and disappearing. Picking out two books that seemed to fit her needs, Dana headed to the cash register, silently hoping that today's events wouldn't effect how Karen treated her in the future.

Karen watched the slim brunette pay for her books, then rush back out the door, and noticed that Dana had kept her head down the whole way to the register and on her way out. She felt like kicking herself. She always thought of Dana as incredibly sweet and very intelligent. Karen often found herself wishing Dana would stop in, just so she could talk to her for a bit. Dana had a fantastic sense of humor, and was quick with a joke, or sarcastic quip that never failed to make her laugh. She never would have guessed that Dana was gay, but it really didn't bother her that she was. Besides, Karen knew she had no room to talk, since she'd spent the majority of her college years involved with another woman. Her senior year, the girl had dumped her cold, and she'd sworn never to get involved with another woman again. Instead, she had started dating several guys from the fraternities and eventually had ended up marrying one of them. Twenty years later, she was divorced, her son and daughter both away at college, and a small business owner. Karen had received a very nice divorce settlement, and she and her ex-husband had agreed to put enough money in a separate account specifically to pay for their children's education, but Karen wasn't well off enough to be able to afford scaring away customers, especially ones as loyal as Dana. Not to mention she truly liked the woman.

Karen sighed and returned to her stock work. Silently she vowed, next time Dana came in, to apologize and make clear to Dana that she wasn't one to judge others. Satisfied with her plan, Karen went back to work.

##

Three weeks later, Dana sat in her car in the bookstore's parking lot. Thanks to her books, and her own experience, that first night with Rita had gone quite well. The problem turned out to be that, out of bed, Rita was a diva and a complete bore. It had taken a week for Dana to figure that out, another week trying to ignore those facts because she really enjoyed the sex, then a third week to work her way around to breaking things off, which she had finally done last night.

She'd avoided the store this entire time, partly because she was embarrassed about the other day, and partly because she'd been too busy getting laid. This morning she'd gone looking for a good book to read, and realized she didn't have anything. She'd driven to the small bookstore automatically. Now that she was here, she suddenly felt unsure about going in. Dana was afraid that things were going to be awkward now. Well, she'd never know for sure if she didn't get out of the car. Sucking up some courage, Dana climbed out of her new G6 and headed for the store.

Saturday was always her busiest day, and Karen stood at the register, she and Chelsea passing each other every few minutes as they bustled around, checking out customers and bagging books. Karen only had two employees, Tim and Chelsea, who were both local college students. They both worked part-time, and Karen usually staggered their days, but on Saturday she always brought both of them in to work the registers. Tim was taking his break, so Karen was covering the counter until he returned. Hearing the tinkling of bells that signaled the arrival of a new customer, Karen looked up just in time to see Dana walk in, and wished Tim would hurry back.

Dana took a few steps inside and stopped, scanning the store for Karen. She'd almost turned in a complete 180, when she saw Karen working the register. She thought she saw Karen flash her a quick smile, but wasn't sure, because Karen had already turned her attention to the next person in line. Feeling slightly disappointed, Dana decided to go hunt for a good book.

Fifteen minutes later, Tim reappeared at the counter, and Karen hastily turned the register back over to him, in a hurry to catch Dana before she checked out, or just left. She'd kept one eye on Dana while she worked, tracking her as she wandered around the store. Dana had worked her way to the far, back corner, and Karen felt relief wash through her. She might have a chance to talk to her with a relative amount of privacy.

Dana was so engrossed in searching for a book, that it took a moment for her to realize that Karen was quietly standing only an arm's length away. Taken by surprise, she felt herself jump just a little.

Karen frowned at Dana's reaction, becoming upset with herself because she was the cause of Dana's skittishness. "Listen, I'm so very sorry about the other day," she blurted out. When Dana just stared at her, she rushed on. "I'm the last person who would ever judge you, and I'm not just trying to hold on to a customer. I think you're a wonderful, intelligent young woman and I feel horrible thinking you don't feel comfortable around me anymore. I'd love to see you continue shopping here, for obvious reasons, but also because I really enjoy our chats." Karen stopped to take a breath, everything she'd just said having come out all in one breath.

Dana found herself releasing the breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding, and found her heart melting a little at Karen's sincere, and desperate, speech. She never knew that Karen enjoyed talking to her so much, and felt herself warming up to the older woman. Actually, she'd always enjoyed checking Karen out from a respectful distance. Dana never knew exactly what it was, but she always found older women kind of sexy. To her, many of them seemed to have a kind of innate grace and inner confidence to them that she found very appealing. It was Dana's impression that Karen had those qualities in spades. Studying her, Dana finally noticed that Karen had cut her hair. Before, she'd worn it in a shoulder length bob, which Dana thought did nothing for her. Now, though, Karen's auburn hair was cut short, in a classic style, and Dana noticed that Karen looked so much better with it. It seemed to make her high cheekbones and hazel eyes more obvious.

"Stop," Dana ordered herself. Now was not the time to be checking her out, and Dana forced her eyes to meet Karen's, instead of working their way down Karen's impressive figure. She found Karen nervously watching her, and Dana berated herself for forcing Karen to wait on pins and needles for her response.

"It's ok, Karen. I really love your store and was afraid I wouldn't be welcomed here after the other day. After you…"

"Oh, no. It's ok. Really, you're one of my favorite customers, Dana. Your personal choices are none of my business, but I don't judge people that way, anyway."

Dana nodded, feeling much better that she had when she first walked in. "So, we're ok, then?" Dana watched Karen's smile light up her face.

"Yes, honey, we're fine. Really, fine…" Karen's voice trailed off as she caught herself laying a hand on Dana's arm. It really wasn't like her to be touchy feely with people, at least not with anyone outside of family.

Goosebumps rose up on her arm where Karen's fingers skimmed over her as she quickly retracted her hand. Dana felt her body growing warm from the brief physical contact.

Karen clenched and unclenched her hand, wondering why her fingertips were tingling. She hoped she hadn't injured herself; pinched a nerve, or something. "At my age, you just never know," she thought with a rueful, inward chuckle. Catching Dana watching her shaking her hand, she suddenly felt uncomfortably warm, and pointed to the poster pinned to the wall above Dana's head, eager to change the subject.

"It's a good thing you ordered so far in advance," Karen commented.

Dana followed to where Karen was pointing, and her eyes rested on a poster advertising the upcoming release of the next book in a vastly popular children's series. The books were breaking every record known to man in the publishing world and was an international phenomenon. Many believed one of the reasons the books always sold so well was because they were as popular with adults as they were with children. Dana was one of those adults.

"Why? Is there a limit as to how many books you can purchase, or something?"

"No. It's just that I had to sign an agreement promising to keep tight security on the shipment I receive. Because of my limited storage space, I can only manage to hold a certain number of books and still keep them under lock and key. I wasn't worried about it initially, but I wasn't expecting all the pre-orders I've received. I had to pull the order forms a couple of weeks ago because I've hit my limit." Karen gave a little laugh, and then continued. "Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, just a little surprised, that's all."

"Good for you," was Dana's enthusiastic reply. She was truly happy to hear that Karen's business was doing so well. "Are you throwing a book release party?"

She could tell buy the mystified look on Karen's face that she hadn't considered it. Laughing, Dana explained to Karen about how many of the big chain stores always held these huge book release parties that coincided with the midnight release of each new book in the series, and how having one would help Karen generate new sales, but Dana's voice started to trail off as she remembered Karen's remark about having run out of storage space.

Karen remained silent as Dana's last words petered out, thoughtfully chewing on her lower lip. Her mine was already starting to lay out plans for a party, but knew it'd be pointless without the ability to purchase more books. She wasn't even sure if she could do so at this late date.

Dana had attempted to speak again. For some reason, words failed her, as she stared transfixed, at Karen's mouth while her pearly white teeth tortured her bottom lip. Feeling a familiar heat slip threw her body and settle between her legs, she gave herself a mental shake, trying to figure out why the hell she was suddenly so attracted to Karen. "What was the point, anyway?" she thought. She knew for a fact Karen was married with two children, albeit they were grown and away at college. Still, becoming infatuated with a straight woman was a lesson in hopelessness, and she forced herself to concentrate on what Karen was saying, who was now thinking out loud. Picking up the thread, Dana joined in, tossing her own ideas into the pot.

Karen listened intently as Dana began brainstorming. Liking very much what she heard, Karen stepped over to stand beside Dana, threading her arm under Dana's, linking them together.

A bolt of electricity shot threw her as Karen's arm snaked under her own, essentially capturing her, and holding her to Karen's side. Staring at the arm that was wrapped around her own, Dana realized Karen was waiting for some kind of response.

"Huh? Uh, sorry, Karen, I sort of drifted off for a minute," Dana muttered.

Karen just flashed her a brilliant smile. "That's ok, honey. What I was saying, asking, actually, was whether or not you'd mine going to dinner with me. It's almost five, closing time, but we both seem to be on a roll here, and I don't want to stop." Karen leaned over so they were eye to eye, watching Dana's face expectantly. "What do you say? Dinner ok with you? If you don't already have plans, that is." Karen wondered over the butterflies in her stomach as she awaited Dana's answer.

Dinner? Did she want to go to dinner? Did she like breathing air? Of course she wanted to go to dinner. A little shocked at her own eagerness, Dana shook her head yes, feeling that internal warmth increase as she watched Karen's face light up upon hearing Dana accept her invitation. Karen began tugging her towards her office, shouting out to Tim and Chelsea that it was ok for them to go ahead and start locking up for the night. Drifting along beside her, Dana was starting to question her own sanity.

##

Karen couldn't remember the last time she'd had this much fun at dinner, or the last time she'd had this much fun, period. Dana had always hit her as a very well rounded person, and their dinner conversation was only proving how right Karen's initial impression had been. Dana seemed very knowledgeable on a variety of subjects, ranging from the arts, to politics, and everything in between. She also had a very wry, sarcastic sense of humor that Karen found extremely entertaining.

She found herself secretly wishing Dana were a man, then her mine jumped to the relationship she'd had with another woman while in college. Remembering how that woman had broken her heart, she gave herself a mental shake. She'd learned her lesson on that one. "Still, wouldn't it be nice," she thought.

Dana couldn't believe how much fun she was having with Karen, how comfortable it felt to spend an evening with this woman, sharing food, laughter and ideas, almost as if they'd been friends forever. She found her eyes straying to the v-neck of Karen's blouse, her heart picking up speed as she briefly studied the milky white top of Karen's breasts. Inwardly moaning, Dana almost missed what it was that Karen was saying. She'd caught herself doing that a lot tonight, enjoying the conversation, but still finding herself distracted over things she noticed about Karen's physical appearance. Like the little gleam in Karen's eyes when she'd whispered a dirty joke earlier, or the way her hair looked in the restaurant's lighting.

But what was really driving her crazy, almost completely insane, was Karen's habit of giving her these light little touches all night. Karen would lay her hand on Dana's arm as she said things like, "Oh, that reminds me…" or "Did you know…" and the little jolts from where their skin touched was pushing Dana to the limits of her control. Probably the only thing that was keeping her from dragging Karen out of here, and straight to her apartment, was the fact that she knew Karen to be straight. She shuddered a little at the thought of Karen's reaction if she acted on her thoughts. Truly enjoying this budding relationship with the storeowner, Dana decided she didn't want to jeopardize it buy pushing her homosexuality in Karen's face.

Karen hid behind a hand as she stifled a yawn, reluctant to admit that she was slowly fading out for the evening. She glanced at Dana, realized that she'd been caught in the act, saw Dana's eyes lock on hers, and felt a moments thrill before both of them burst out laughing when they saw they'd caught each other.

They paid the tab, then walked out to the parking lot together. Dana inhaled the gentle breeze that drifted across the lot, and Karen couldn't help but watch the rise and fall of Dana's chest.

Dana spotted Karen's eyes drifting down to her breasts, and thought she'd seen them gleam. Was she having the same effect on Karen that the older woman was having on her? Dana felt hope flare up inside her. Right at that moment is when she finally noticed that Karen wasn't wearing a wedding wing. The feeling of hope increased, then Dana stopped herself. For all she knew, Karen just didn't wear it to the store, for whatever reason. But this little voice told her she'd regret it if she didn't pry, just a bit. Trying to sound casual, Dana voiced a carefully worded comment.

Phoenix74
Phoenix74
133 Followers