The Light of Dawn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,932 Followers

"That's a good idea," Mrs. Fox grinned, then to everyone said, "Let's all take a ten minute break. Cindy Donaldson, I want you in my office right now."

~~~~~~

"Scott, baby, are you alright?" Claire asked, as we stood outside, next to the stage doors.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I replied, "I'm just a little pissed off at myself for losing my temper like that."

"She needed to hear that, Scott," Claire laughed, putting her arms around me, "Besides; I don't think anyone was too upset with you, or at what you said."

I leaned in and gently kissed her lips, then smiling, said, "Girl, you're crazy."

"Yes," she giggled, "About you."

~~~~~~

When we went back into the theater, everyone smiled, each person silently acknowledging their approval of the way I had handled Cindy. But before anyone had the chance to say anything, Mrs. Fox appeared from the backstage recesses of her office and announced, "Cindy won't be here for the rest of the day so, we'll go ahead and take up where we left off and I'll read her lines where they are scripted."

Our final rehearsals went off without a hitch after that, and as we were all preparing to leave the theater; Mrs. Fox got our attention and said, "I want all of you to know that I'm really looking forward to having a great show. Now, go home and get some rest, study your lines and relax.....we open Monday night!"

~~~~~~

By the end of that week, Friday, I was glad it was finished. I had to go to one last costume fitting that afternoon so; Claire got a ride with Becky and Sara. I kissed my beauty good-bye and bade her fare-well until later, as we date a date that night.

I walked back inside toward the theater and could hear my footsteps echoing through the now empty halls of my school. As I walked along mindlessly, I was startled out of my reverie, when, out of nowhere, Cindy Donaldson appeared in front of me and meekly asked, "Scott? Can I please speak with you?"

"Sure," I coolly replied, "If you can be nice."

"Scott, I'm so sorr......" she began, but couldn't continue as she broke down, bitterly crying, and was soon leaning against me for support.

Although she'd made me madder than I could ever remember being the day before, I still couldn't be cold to her while she was weeping and vulnerable. I put my arm around her shoulder and said, "Shh...its okay. You're gonna be alright now."

After she had regained her composure, she straightened up, wiped her face, and then looking at me; smiled and said, "I came here to apologize to you, Scott. I've been terrible to you for no reason, and you didn't deserve it."

"Yeah," I chuckled, "You have been kind of mean."

"You see," she began, "When I first came to this school, I was a nobody. Then I discovered how much I liked drama and acting. With Mrs.' Fox's help, I became the very best actress I possibly could. And when I won the best actress award at the All-State competition last year, I got a little too big for my britches and I let it turn me into someone I'm not. I'm really sorry about that."

"Look Cindy," I smiled, "Sometimes people lose their way, and I understand. But...it sounds to me like you're back on track so, don't sweat it, okay?"

Thanks, Scott," she replied, leaning up and quickly kissing me on the cheek, "You're a nice guy, and by the way; I think you make a fantastic Scarecrow, and I've got a feeling that you're going to blow everybody away on opening night."

"Thanks Cindy," I grinned, "That means a lot coming from you."

~~~~~~

That evening when I went to Claire's house to pick her up, I was pleasantly surprised when Dawn, Claire's eleven-year-old little sister, who had been at her friend's house the last time I was there, answered the door. "Hi," she said, "My name's Dawn, and your name is Scott, huh?"

"You're right," I replied smiling, "Hi Dawn." She was the spitting image of her father, dark brown, almost black eyes, long dark brown shiny hair the fell to her little waist. She was adorable and it was safe to say that she stole my heart from the moment I laid eyes on her.

She smiled and took my hand, leading me inside the house. Then closing the door behind us, still not relinquishing her grip on my hand, she smiled the same dazzling smile as the rest of the females in her family, and chirped, "Claire's still upstairs tryin on a new bra cause her boobs are too big for the old one. Mom told me to come and bring you inside."

"Dawn," gasped Marsha, rounding the corner to greet me, "You mustn't say things like that about your sister."

"Well it's true, Mom," Dawn pointedly replied, "Claire always complains that her boobs are too big."

By this time my face was bright red, not from embarrassment, but from trying to hold in the laughter that this precious little child had evoked. Marsha, too, sensed the merriment about to burst forth from me, and laughing, said, "Hell, we've all tried to get to watch what she says, Scott, but she still does it anyway."

"That's alright," I laughed, leaning down to Dawn's height and gently tweaking the tip of her pretty little nose, "I still think she's a cutie."

That was also about the time Claire chose to come down the stairs, and seeing that we were all laughing, smiled and said, "What's so funny?"

"We were laughing because your boobs are too big," giggled Dawn.

"DAWN!!!" screeched Claire, then turned to her mother, "Mom, please do something with her." I was still laughing when Claire turned to me and grumbled, "Don't laugh at her, Scott, it only makes her worse; and we can barely keep her at quiet as it is."

~~~~~~

That night Claire and I went to a party that was being thrown by one of the guys in the orchestra that was playing the music for the up coming show. It was a lot of fun, too, as everyone from the cast and crew were all there, Cindy Donaldson included. I had already told Claire of the "talk" that Cindy and I had had earlier so, when Cindy approached us, I wasn't surprised in the least.

"Hi Cindy," smiled Claire, "How are you?"

"I've been making the rounds, apologizing to people that I've been rude to, and your name is on that list," she replied, "I'm really sorry for being such a bitch to you, this year."

"Are you planning on being a bitch in the future?" Claire asked smiling.

"No, not ever," Cindy grinned.

"Well then," giggled Claire, "There's nothing to forgive."

"Thanks Claire," replied Cindy, hugging her, "You're a nice girl, and I think that you and Scott were made for each other."

~~~~~~

As I was driving Claire home that night, she took my hand into hers and said "I had a great time tonight. Thank you, Scott."

"Thank me for what?" I asked smiling, reaching up to caress her cheek, "I had just as good a time as you did, pretty girl."

"Thank you for being such a sweet guy," she contentedly sighed, "And for keeping your hands to yourself this whole time we've been going out."

"Are you kidding?" I laughed, "It's been real tough, but I love you, and if we're gonna have sex, then it will happen when it's supposed to."

Claire said nothing, but leaned across the console and tenderly kissed my cheek and laying her head on my shoulder the rest of the way to her house.

~~~~~~

Chapter Five

By the end of school the following Monday afternoon, I was a bundle of nerves. Claire had brought some clothes from home, and went to my house with me after school. "Are you nervous, Scott?" Claire asked smiling, as we pulled into my driveway, "You haven't said hardly three words to me since I got in the car."

"Sorry," I replied, "Yeah, I guess maybe I am a little bit nervous."

"Well, don't be," she purred, pausing to softly kiss my lips, "I love you, and I know that you're going to do great things on that stage tonight."

"You do, huh?" I replied, "Let's hope so."

~~~~~~

From the first moment I took the stage, I felt like I had actually crawled into a moment in time that was long since past. The sets looked almost exactly like those which I'd seen in the movie. It was so realistic to not only the cast, but the audience as well.

The show went as smooth as glass, and when it was done; we received a ten-minute standing ovation. The press was there, taking pictures of everything and every one.

"So, tell us, Scott," asked a female reporter from "The U", "I understand this is the first time you've ever been on stage."

"That's right," I responded, Claire holding my hand and grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"How did you like it?" the reporter asked.

"I liked it well enough, I guess," I grinned, "How did you like it?"

"I thought all of you did a great job," she gushed, "Absolutely wonderful."

"Thank you," I humbly replied.

~~~~~~

Our performance dates were Monday and Tuesday evening in our high school theater, day performances on Wednesday and Thursday for the elementary and middle school students in their auditoriums; and then back to our own theater for the last performance on the following Saturday night.

Like the night before, Tuesday night's performance was to a standing-room-only audience; and like before, we received another standing ovation from the audience at the end of the show.

~~~~~~

It was purely coincidental, but Saturday's performance date just happened to fall on Aunt Lauren's and Uncle Mike's wedding anniversary. Still though, just like Claire's family, they had been to every show and they weren't going to miss the last one either. We even had the wrap party at our house.

It turned out that Mrs. Fox went to school with both Aunt Lauren and my mother, both of whom, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found this out, were members of the All-State High School Choir.

"So, that's where your talent comes from, Scott," Mrs. Fox smiled, "Leah, your mother, and Lauren here, were the pride of our high school, just like I think you're gonna be, too."

"I think he did a great job tonight," said Claire, coming up behind me and wrapping her arm around my waist, "Don't you think so, too, Missus Fox?"

"I think the both of you were perfect," Mrs. Fox grinned, placing her palms to our cheeks, "I've got a feeling about you two, and I think our school is about to see history in the making this year."

"I believe you're right, Maggie," smiled Aunt Lauren.

~~~~~~

As I was driving her home that night, Claire took my hand and sighed, "I love you so much, Scotty."

"I love you, too," I smiled, squeezing her hand, "And I always will, Claire."

A single tear fell down her soft cheek as she smiled, then wiped her face with the back of her hand and giggled, "You know that my little sister thinks that you hung the moon, don't you?"

"No," I smiled at the thought, "I didn't know that."

"Oh my God," Claire laughed, "She told me after the first show that she thought you sang like an angel."

"She sure is a cutie," I grinned, "Tell her that I said 'Thank you' for such a nice compliment."

"You don't even know the half of it," Claire giggled, "She's told all her little girl-friends that you and I are gonna get married some day."

"Hmm," I laughed, "I guess I'm going to have to have a talk with her then."

~~~~~~

Saturday of the following weekend was my seventeenth birthday. That Friday morning before I left for school, Aunt Lauren informed me that she and Uncle Mike were going to be out all night that night; and that they would be back around ten the next morning.

That afternoon at school I was informed by Mrs. Helms, my creative writing teacher, that because my abilities in her class exceeded her curriculum, I would be given an "A", and that I would be spending the rest of the semester as well as the year, in Mrs. Fox's drama class.

"There's nothing I can teach you, Scott," she smiled, "I've already talked to the board of education, as well as the principle, and because of your fantastic performance in "The Wizard of Oz" last week; we're all in agreement that you should be in Mrs. Fox's class instead of here. Starting on Monday, you will go to her class instead of mine. That worked out perfect, too. Mrs. Helms' class was my last one of the day and now I would be in Mrs. Fox's class with Claire. Aw man, how cool was that?

~~~~~~

Claire and I had been dating for three, nearly four months by this time, falling deeper in love as each day passed. And when she met me at my car that Friday after school, she had a knowing smirk on her face, making me ask, "What? What is it?"

"My mother wanted me to bring you over for dinner tonight," she informed me, "Dad got called out of town and she thought that this would be an ideal time to talk to you."

"What does she want to talk to me about?" I asked uneasily, "I can't think of anything wrong that I've done or said."

She put her arm around my waist, and after softly kissing my lips, giggled, "Relax, silly boy. My family really likes you and Mom just wanted to see you, that's all. Besides, she's got a surprise for you that you're going to love"

"Oh," I breathed, "Okay."

~~~~~~

"Well, hello there, handsome, it's good to see you," smiled Marsha, hugging me as soon as I entered their house, "I wanted to tell you again what a great Scarecrow I thought you were."

"Thanks Marsha," I replied, returning the hug, "It's good to see you, too."

I heard a familiar voice coming down the stairs behind me, squealing, "HI SCOTTY!!!"

I turned around and little Dawn practically leapt into my arms, hugging me tightly around the neck.

"DAWN!!!" Claire growled, "Let go of him this instant, little girl."

"Chill out, big sister," giggled Dawn, as I set her down, "I'm not trying to steal him away from you.....yet."

"That's enough, you two," scolded Marsha, taking my hand, "Come on in and sit down before the cat fight breaks out, Scott."

The moment Marsha's back was turned, Dawn stuck her tongue out and made faces at her sister, making me laugh and shake my head. "Don't laugh at her, Scott, honey," Marsha knowingly smiled, not turning around to look at her daughter, "It just makes her worse."

~~~~~~

"My daughter tells me that you two are in love, Scott," Marsha plainly said, while we ate dinner that night, "Is this true?"

"Yes ma'am," I replied, looking her in the eyes, "I love her with all my heart."

"See, Mom," Claire smiled, "I told you he was special."

"Are you gonna marry my sister, Scott?" Dawn asked, giggling.

"We'll just have to see, won't we?" I replied, winking at Claire.

"In that case," Marsha smiled, "I've got some news that you might like then, Scott."

"Oh yeah," I asked, "What is it?"

She looked at me and grinned, and then reaching across the table, Marsha gently patted my cheek and said, "You're going to be moved up a grade, beginning next semester."

"Says who?" I asked, surprised.

"I do," giggled Marsha.

"And I'm sure that the board of education, the school district, and our principle are all going to just promote me on your say-so," I chuckled, "I only wish that was possible."

"Tell him, Mom," Clare said, now laughing wildly.

"What is she talking about, Marsha?" I suspiciously asked.

"I'm the president of the board of education, Scott," Marsha smiled, "Don't look so stunned sweetheart. I've seen all your test scores and the grades you've been given by every single one of your teachers up to this point, not to mention the remarks they had to say. I also talked to each of them and they all agree that you're a genius."

"Do my Aunt and Uncle know about this?" I asked, blushing.

"Yes," Marsha giggled, "I had to have their permission before I could look into your records."

I stood up from the table with a smile on my face and a devilish gleam in my eyes. Slowly walking around the table to where Claire was seated, I took her by the hand and said, "Can I talk to you privately please?"

"We can talk here," Claire purred, hugging me, "I share everything with my Mom."

"Okay then," I grinned, "You knew about this, didn't you?"

"Yes," she giggled, "Your Aunt Lauren was in on it, too."

The next sound that erupted was that of Claire screaming when I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and blew a big raspberry on her throat. Claire made a dash for the den, but I cut her off, both of us falling and softly landing on the couch before we rolled into the floor laughing like children.

The next thing I knew, Dawn was attacking me from behind, tickling me and squealing, "Hold his arms, Sis, so I can tickle him more." We wrestled around on the floor amidst the playful squeals of both Claire and Dawn.

~~~~~~

Chapter Six

So, that's how our lives came to pass. Claire took the Best Actress Award, and I took the Best Actor Award at the All-State One Act play competition the following spring for our roles in William Berney and Howard Richardson's "Dark of the Moon". I played the male lead, "John the Witch Boy", while Claire played the female lead, and John's mortal love, "Barbara Allen".

It was a magical time for both Claire and I, only deepening the love we shared. We did the same thing the following year at State when I played "Joe" and Claire played "Myra" in Tennessee Williams', "The Long Goodbye". Needless to say, everyone was very proud of us, but no one was more proud of Claire than me.

~~~~~~

When the time for graduation drew near, Claire had received scholarship offers, as did I, from several different universities across the country, all wanting us in their Drama departments. However, Claire and I wanted to be together so, we each chose the scholarships that the local University in our home town offered us, and stayed put. Besides, neither of us were going to major in theater anyway so, it worked out perfect.

~~~~~~

Graduation night was a red letter date in our relationship. We were now both eighteen years old and had decided not to go to the parties that were taking place all over town. Instead, we chose to spend our time away from everyone and everything by going camping for the whole weekend. Up to this point, the most that Claire and I had done sexually was grinding our crotches against one another, bringing each other to orgasm, as well as groping one another through and over our clothing. But we wanted to wait before we made love, and now the time was upon us.

~~~~~~

In our school system, graduation was held in the morning as opposed to night, and that made things even better for mine and Claire's plans that afternoon. We were now free of the bonds that previously held us back from truly exploring our love, and in being so; we chose to make love for the first time in an environment that was naturally conducive to our instincts. So, what better way to do that than to go camping?

I got Uncle Mike to let me borrow his Jeep that he used when he and Aunt Lauren went to the beach. As he and I were taking the giant cover off of it, Uncle Mike handed me a box of condoms, and grinning slyly, said, "Look Scotty, I know you two are adults now, and are gonna be messing around this weekend. I just want you to be careful, that's all."

"Can I tell you something, Uncle Mike?" I quietly asked.

"Of course," he smiled, patting me on the shoulder, "You can tell me any thing you want, you know that."

"We're both virgins, Uncle Mike," I shyly replied, "And Claire has been on the pill for three months now."

It was then that Uncle Mike revealed a side of himself to me that I'd never before seen, as he quickly pulled me into a tight hug and cried, "You're a good kid, Scotty, and you always have been. And I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, and how proud of you that I am."

After he released me from the hug, he wiped his face, and then with a goofy grin on his face, he said, "I have to hand it to though, Scotty. That Claire is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen, that's for sure."

"I think so too, Uncle Mike," I laughed, "I think I did rather well, if I say so myself."

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,932 Followers