The Lone Wolf

Story Info
When I was a young cub.
1.9k words
4.52
12.8k
10
5

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/15/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Werewolf, to you this is a term used to describe a mythical beast portrayed in books, movies, stories of legend, for me Werewolf is my identity and has been for the six years of my life. My brothers and I were born into a family where the wolf is who we are underneath our human skin. Although we wear our human skin, in our home we are wolves, that is who we are, I am Anabelle, a young cub of 6 years old with long, black, curly hair, and dark blue eyes. My brothers, Ardwolf, Ardolph, and Alford are all larger than I am, though we’re all the same age.

Ardwolf in a way reminds me of our father. He is always so seriously he never plays with any of the rest of us cubs. He took it upon himself to look after us all, to protect us. Ardwolf has black short hair, blue eyes, long arms and legs. He is already showing little muscles forming throughout his body.

Ardolph is my sweet, very shy brother, he the joker among us. He loves to play around with me. Ardolph always knows how to lighting to mood up to keep Ardwolf and Alford from killing each other and to stop the other two brothers from them ganging up on me. Ardolph has dark brown hair which is a little longer hair than Ardwolf’s, he also has green eyes. His muscle structure is almost non-existent.

Alford always puts on a tough guy act, he always seems so mean so distant. However, deep down I believe he has a sweet side to him. He has brown hair that is very long, almost as long as mine, dark brown eyes. He is a little on the short side. Alford hasn’t developed muscles yet either.


As for me I try to get along with everyone. I love to play with my brothers and I do my best to play peacekeeper amongst us all. Out of all of the cubs I am the only girl, our Mother, Mia, and our father, Shadoe, wanted to give me the world. Our parents made sure my brothers watched over me and treated me like their ward, which often made me feel inferior to them.

When I was a young cub, I learned that females could not give birth to young. This always perplexed me because my Mother had my brothers and me. There were other cubs with their Mothers too. How could that be? So one night I walked up to my Mother and asked.


"There you are cub. We've been looking for you," said Mother.


"Sorry mother, I was just doing my school work," I told her.


"Come my little cub, the kill's on the table. We better hurry up before your brothers and Father eat it all up," said Mother.


"Father's here? I've missed him so much!" I said

Father had been gone for a while, but I was never told where he went or what he did.

"Mother, could I ask you something that's been bugging me?" I said.


"And what is that my little cub?" Mother replied.


"How are you my Mother if female wolves can't have young?" I asked.
"Well my little cub, I'm your mother because I'm your father's mate," Mother said. She looked lost for words for a minute.

"Also, I'm the only mother you and your brothers know. I love each of you like I gave birth to you. You will understand when you are older," she told me.


"But Mother, how did we come to be?" I asked.


"Your Father mated with a human female, and 9 months later he bought you and your brothers home," said Mother.


"You will always be my Mother. Can we go and eat now?" I asked.


"Yes. Your Father has something in mind for you cubs after we've eaten."

Mother and I walked to the room where the kill, my Father and my brothers were. You should know something about my Father; he is the Alpha of the pack. You humans would probably call my father a king, I think. I'm still a young cub and I don't know very much about the human world yet. I only know that if a human from the outskirts of our den wanders into our territory, then I am to tell the first female wolf I come across.

"Father!" I called.

Father opened his arms for me to jump into.


"My little wolf cub! How I dreamt of you getting bigger. Have your brothers been keeping their eyes on you?" he asked.

We all sat down to eat the kill. On the table was a big juicy buck, it look so good my mouth was watering. Father looked like he had something on his mind. I thought that he looked worried. Father never let his feelings show, but I could tell because he sat back and hesitated in front of the buck.

"Father, you must eat too," I said.


"Yes of course my little wolf cub. But it is my job to make sure that my mate and cubs eat first." He told me.


"Father eat, or I will stop eating." I pleaded.

It didn't feel right eating when our Father wouldn't eat with us. So, I gave Father my best sad eyes, knowing it would get to him.
"Ok my little wolf cub. Now, we all eat, we have a long night ahead of us. Ardwolf, Ardolph, Alford and Annabelle, tonight is to be your first wolf run.” Father told us.

A wolf run is when we werewolves transform into our wolves. I could barely contain my excitement. This meant that mother and father fell as though we are ready for our big change. At the same time I was a little nervous, as a cub I was not allowed to transformation to my wolf until my first wolf run, and now it was here.

“Now cubs, can you tell me the rules?" asked Father.

"Stay where we can be seen by our mother and father." said Ardwolf.


"If something happens, send a call out." added Ardolph.


"Never be seen by other animals." said Alford, then rushing to add, "You never know if they are other weres or something else."


"Very good cubs, but there's one more rule and it's the most important of them all," Father said.

Then, he turned and looked at me.


"No matter what, stay away from humans," I said.


"Good my little wolf cub. Mia, do you believe the cubs are ready for their first wolf run?" asked Father.


My brothers and I turned to our Mother and looked at her, hoping that she would say yes. Mother looked at each of us; the look was a kind of sad one. Then she turned to our Father.


"Shadoe, the cubs are growing up. After all, they have been under the moon for 6 years. The wolf run is a right of passing. The cubs are more than ready. It saddens me a little but..." our Mother’s voice faded to silence.

"Mother, why are you sad?" asked Alford.


"Because, you are not my little cubs anymore” said Mother with a tear in her eye.

After we finished eating, Father and Mother took us to the woods. That was the first time we saw them in wolf form. Father was gray and white with a little black here and there. Mother was black with gray spots all over her. I loved Mother’s wolf. Their wolf form was bigger than normal wolves.

"Ok cubs your turn, the change will not cause any pain; the wolf is a part of you. All you need to do is think about your wolf; wish for the wolf to come forward and be seen." Mother told us.

My brothers and I looked at each other. I knew what I was feeling, I wanted to run away back to the den, but I knew mother and father would never let anything hurt me or my brothers.


"Ok, I'll go first and you three watch me," said Ardwolf.

Ardwolf turned his back to us then looked round at me. "Annabelle it'll be fine. We will be ok, Father and Mother love us, and they will never allow any harm to come to us." He said.


Next thing I knew, Ardwolf had turned into a wolf. His wolf was white with a little gray. Without saying a word to anyone, Ardolph and Alford turned into wolves too, Ardolph’s wolf was brown, and Alford's wolf was of similar coloring to Father's.


"All right my little wolf cub, your turn, so we can run together as a family." Father said looking at me.


“Yes father." I replied.
So I began thinking about my wolf coming forward, nothing happened. So, I tried again, and harder this time, but still nothing happened.


"What's wrong?" Father asked.


"I don’t know," I said.

"Maybe she's not ready like the rest of us are.” said Alford


"Don’t talk like that about your sister! Boys go on with your mother." Father sounded angry

Mother started off running at full speed. I could see that she loved to run. I could picture mother and father running through the woods together, both happy and playful. It didn’t take long for my brothers to catch up with Mother.


"My little wolf cub. I can't leave you. However, I can't let your Mother and brothers go too far without me either." Father said to me.


"I know Father, couldn't you have one of the Omega's come and take me back to the den?" I suggested.


"No, you are a part of us, so you will be a part of this family run." Father told me.

"But how, Father? My wolf will not come out." I cried.


"Get on my back and hang on to my fur. Hold tightly, I'm going to go at full speed." He said.


Father was fast, I felt like I was flying. Mother let my brothers run and play for a long time until it was time to go back to the den. Mother and Father put us all to bed, but I was not sleepy, so I got up and went to talk to my parents, as I walked through the den, I overheard them.


"That woman had four cubs! I know it. I saw it with my own eyes Mia!" Father shouted.


"Then where is my little cub? Because, Annabelle is not a werewolf, I still love her more than anything, but, she is human!" she shouted.

.
"I love her too. Our love will never go away for her. But this life will be hard for her. Some might want her to leave and return to the human world, but just maybe my men and I could put her to good use.” Father stated.

Across town on a quiet morning in a quiet neighborhood a six year old girl was startled out of bed upon hearing her name.


"Fawn!" shouted the woman.

She watched as her six year old suddenly hit the floor, hard.

“What the hell? “ She thought to herself.

The little girl turned into a little wolf cub.


"Fawn! Is that you?" the woman warily asked the cub.


Fawn, in her wolf form, tried to speak to her Mother, but when she opened her mouth only a whining sound came out.


"You are not my Fawn. Get out of my house you demon!" the woman shouted.


Fawn tried again to talk to her, to ask what had happened to her, but it was no use. The woman opened the door and kicked the wolf cub out of the house. Fawn was left alone on the cold street with no one and no idea what had happened to her, she was the Lone Wolf.