The Long Road to Ruin Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She nodded her thanks and retreated behind the screen. That had not gone exactly like she'd hoped, and perhaps that was the best. Part of her still longed to bed the exotically handsome smuggler, yet the other part told her there would be the hells to pay if Vico caught wind of it. Perhaps Drago saw through her ruse. And perhaps he knew of her relationship with the blackguard. There must be some speculation about it. After all, Mick seemed fairly certain that she had been with Vico for those three days. And what about Master Nathan? Did he know what was truly going on? Only time would tell.

With her relationship with Vico blossoming into something serious, she knew she would no longer be able to do as she pleased. "But that was yesterday...," Shiloh whispered to herself. She gave herself a mental shake and removed her cloak. Next came her boots which she set aside. She would need to slip them back on once she had dressed herself in the catsuit. She stowed her stockings away in her haversack and removed the ruined dress. She would destroy it, burn it in a fireplace.

Quickly she slipped into the form fitting suit and pulled her booties on. She liked the way the suit hugged her curves. Returning to Drago, she smiled at him sweetly. "Thank you for all you've done," she planted a kiss on his cheek.

He cocked an eyebrow at her. "My pleasure, girlie," he offered an arm to her and led her to just outside the hideout. It had been a quiet walk. Neither of them spoke to her other. Shiloh seemed content to look at everything but Drago. Perhaps the smuggler wasn't for her after all. He was delicious to look at, but there seemed to be no spark.

Shiloh found that to be odd. When presented with her near naked body, most men were most eager to sink their cocks into her. It was almost a relief to her and at the same time a slight to her beauty. Perhaps the handsome smuggler had someone that made him happy? Hadn't he told her that he had children that were nearly her age? Surely there had to be a woman who had given birth to them? Did he love her? Did he feel for that woman the way she did for Vico? Shiloh let out an audible sigh and noted the curious look on Drago's face as she spared a glance his way. To his credit, he did not ask. "I'll leave ya here, girlie. There be a ship of goods comin' in soon."

"Thanks, Drago." She turned and headed to the plank bridge. She crossed it and passed by the guards. She could feel their eyes boring holes into her. She ignored them as she made her way to the gate. That was when Mick spoke up.

"Headin' back to Vico, eh? I hate t' break it t'ya, sweetie. He has company. Saw him take someone into his place with him." Mick made an obscene gesture with his hands and crotch.

Shiloh flashed a sweet smile at him. "I don't recall it being any concern of mine who Vico fucks. I just completed a job for Jacia and am headed back to her for payment. I could care less what that asshole Vico does because it's not likely to be me. Now mind your own business, guard boy."

She took note of the dirty look he sent in her direction before she walked passed him and made her way up the stairs. She crossed the room, approaching Jacia. She handed her the small pouch Ters had given her. "I delivered your message to the good captain and he sent you this."

"It's about time the little princess stopped fucking Vico long enough to actually do some real work," Jacia sneered malevolently. "Don't you have lessons to complete?"

An innocent look crossed Shiloh's face. "I don't know what you are talking about, stupid bitch. I hate Vico."

A cold chuckle escaped Jacia's lips. "If you say so, princess."

"The captain said he understood your message and sent that as a show of compliance. He'll have more delivered to you."

"Well I was certain he would. Good job, princess." Jacia handed back to her the bag Shiloh had given her. "You may keep this as payment."

"You are too kind," Shiloh sneered at her before she walked away from her. Turning to watch the action going on at the dice table, she collided into Mando. He caught her and steadied her upon her feet.

"Be careful where you're going, Shiloh," he smiled at her warmly.

"Thank you and yes, I shall." She returned his smile.

He eyed her thoughtfully for a few moments. "Are you well, sweetie? No one had seen you in a few days so we thought you'd come to harm."

Her smile faded and she looked away for a moment. What could she tell him? Certainly he'd never believe that she was here all along. Glancing back at him, she replied. "I needed some time alone to fully come to terms with certain things, but I am fine now."

Mando chuckled softly and raised an eyebrow. "You have many people talking about you. Were you aware of that?"

Shiloh grinned at him, "About what?"

"Many things. Your erratic behavior, your absences, your apparent lack of disregard for your own well-being."

"My relationship with Vico?" Shiloh added with a smirk.

"That, too."

"I know people are talking. Let them talk. It doesn't bother me one bit because that is how it has always been my entire life. There is much I can not explain, but the fact of the matter is that I am happy right now."

"Good because we all want you to be happy," he smiled at her. "Say, I noticed that you completed a job for Jacia. Could I interest you in doing something for me?"

"Depends on what it is. Just don't ask me to pretend to be a whore."

Mando laughed. "No, it's nothing like that. You see, Shiloh, I am in charge of, let's say, some of the more delicate affairs of the guild."

"Tell me more," she replied.

He cracked another warm smile at her. "It's about gathering information. We've got this man who feels a little lonely. You see, it's almost impossible to find... company in the city ever since the Dhorn took over. Normally this doesn't concern us, but this man might be of special value. So I need one of our girls to go over and spend some time with him."

"Hrm," Shiloh flashed a thoughtful look at him.

"This is what you'll have to do. You'll meet this man in a private apartment in the northern part of the city. I'll give you the key. Wait for him there. He'll arrive at 9pm tomorrow evening. Don't miss him, that might make us look bad."

"Well I wouldn't want to be the cause of that. One question, though. Any idea of what he might expect me to do?"

Mando chuckled. "Nothing what you might be thinking. Vico might have my hide. I would say something more along the lines of just talking. Maybe have a glass of wine or two. It's really up to you. See how the evening goes. What I'd like to know is what kind of person this man is. Find out what his thoughts are on whatever you can come up with in conversation without making it look like you're spying on him."

"I think I can do that," Shiloh beamed a smile at him. "That'll give me the opportunity to buy a new dress and to test my disguising ability."

"Excellent, Shiloh. Here's the key. The address is 19 Acorn Street in Northern Betancuria. As I said, be there tomorrow evening at 9pm. Report to me afterwards. And don't be late." Mando teasingly scolded her.

"Don't worry, Mando. I will be there," she leaned in and planted a brief peck on his cheek. "Thank you."

He touched his cheek where she had kissed and flashed a surprised look at her. "You are most welcome, sweetie."

She sauntered away from him, thinking about this new mission. Gathering information, hmmm... she felt strongly that her noble background could help her with that. A princess had to know how to converse with someone properly, but Shiloh knew in this instance she couldn't be the princess. She sighed deeply and headed for the stairs to Vico's place.

The panel slid open and she stepped inside, closing it behind her. It was quiet with a faint shadowy light coming from the fireplace.

"Vico?" she called out as she crossed the room and headed into the bedroom. The stub of a candle flickered a pale enough light for her to ascertain that he was not in the bed nor was anyone else. Damn that lying bastard Mick! She knew it was meant to make her doubt Vico.

She knew she should probably head back to the Bear Pit, especially since she'd learned that Caron had come looking for her. Chella was probably worried. She left Vico's home behind and walked through the gate Mick guarded. She smiled at him sweetly and planted a kiss upon his cheek, whispering to him, "If you were half the man Vico is you wouldn't be standing guard by a gate!"

Then she walked away, crossing the sewers until she found the right grate that led her to the north part of the city. She exited nearby the Bear Pit and made her way to it. She sneaked through the common room and up the stairs past Nelina and into the kitchen. There was no sign of Caron. Of course, as late as it had to be, she wasn't expecting him to be there.

Her comfortable little bed was a welcome sight. She smiled down at Nicca who was curled in another bed on the other side of the armoire. She wondered how the girl was faring. She knew she'd have to spend some time with her and take her to visit Rhys as well. But first and foremost, sleep was the only thing on her mind. She sought her bed and snuggled in for the remainder of the night.

O.O

A hand on her shoulder and an excited giggle woke Shiloh from the pleasant dream she was having. As the last vestiges of it cleared her mind, she opened up an eye and peaked at the person responsible. It was Nicca. Her cheeks glowed with a rosy red tint and a bright smile lingered upon her pale pink lips.

"Shiloh!" The girl exclaimed and hopped on the bed to hug her. "I've missed you so much!"

Shiloh smiled at her and returned the hug. "I have missed you too, little sweetie. Has everyone been treating you well?"

"Yes, very well. I like it here, but I miss my mother and the twins. I miss Rhys as well. When can I see him? I haven't been allowed to leave here yet."

"Nicca, sweetie, I will take you to see Rhys. Today," Shiloh replied. "Now if you'll let me up, I'll get dressed and we can get going."

Nicca bounced off the bed and sat upon her own, allowing Shiloh to get up. She removed the rumpled catsuit and set it aside. She glanced over at the tub and noticed it was full of water. Nicca smiled at her. "I brought water for your bath. I thought you'd really like one."

"I would love one," she quickly slipped into the tub and bathed herself thoroughly. It felt nice to be surrounded by such warmth and as much as she would have liked to have lingered, she knew she had things to do.

Nicca handed her a length of toweling as Shiloh climbed out. She dried herself and slipped back into the catsuit. She knew she was going to have to do some clothes shopping. Her clothes had a habit of being ruined.

After a day of shopping and a heart-warming visit with Rhys, Shiloh returned Nicca back to the Bear Pit. The heartfelt reunion had brought tears to her eyes. She hadn't expected it to affect her so, but it had. Shiloh knew that Rhys was all the family that Nicca had, besides the grandmother, and envied her for it. Shiloh dearly missed her mother and father. Despite the fact that her governess and her nanny had seen to her everyday upbringing, she knew her parents loved her and that she was their little princess. Losing that critical bond made her feel more alone than ever.

It took all the she had to hold back her tears as she bade Nicca a good day. She needed to get out of there and quickly. She wasn't sure where she would go. There was no place that she could go that she could truly call her own where she could be alone. No place that wouldn't haunt her with memories.

Shiloh nearly dashed out of the kitchen and in her rush smacked into Caron. He grabbed hold of her, steadying her. "Where's the fire, Shiloh? Is it eating at your bottom?" He grinned with a mischievous smile.

"I need to be alone," she murmured, looking at the door longingly.

"Are you okay? I have been worried about you, sweetie," Caron caressed her cheek gently. "No one knew where you were."

"Everyone knows where I was or they think they do. I am not so good and this time it won't be so easily cured," Shiloh lowered her eyes. "I must go, Caron."

"Has Vico been treating you well?"

Her teary eyed gaze met his as she snapped her head up. "What do you think, Caron?"

"I think no. Dammit, Shiloh. That idiot doesn't deserve you. You are so much better than that," Caron glared at her. "All he is interested in is fucking you. Have you heard what he says about you behind your back? He makes fun of you. I overheard him describing in detail how he has fucked you and what you let him do to you. He bragged about it. He is using you and when he is through with you, he will throw you aside like garbage and never look back. Is that what you want?"

Shiloh slapped him soundly. "That's the face he shows everyone else, but I know differently. It's none of your business, Caron. Do as Vico told you and stay away from me! You are jealous!"

His eyes shot daggers at her as he watched her turn and storm down the steps. "Whore!" he growled at her before punching a wall with all the might he possessed. It was in that moment that Caron knew that he would not be anything more than he already was until he proved himself to Master Nathan. He knew he had a solid lead on who the Dhorn collaborators were and where to find them. He would find them and earn his place in The Family. He'd show them all. His time was close at hand.

12