The Lost Lord Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
909 Followers

"I guess so. I kinda want to see what its like in the city. It's like a city from one of those games I played back at my old home... Those games I'll probably never get to play again." Rainer, at that point, realized that all of his possessions from his home would probably never enter his hands again. He knew that he could just ask for probably anything here, and he'd get it. But he disliked the idea of losing all the items he bought and lived with.

"Items from the human world, and humans in general, are very expensive. After all, we are barred from entering that world due to losing in the last war against the angels. No offense, Angel Aureal."

"None taken, Mistress."

"This entire adventure took up a short time of my life, yet it changed it so drastically. Ah well, I'm sure I'll find things that I'll love about this place. Probably end up liking it far more than Earth."

"You're surprisingly resilient, as expected of my fiancée!"

"I had to be."

"Eh? Why's that, Master?"

"Ah... I'll talk about that another time. I just want to see what kind of city this place is like."

"You'll probably have to have one of the pillar members follow or come with you for protection. We don't know what'll happen! You are a brand new demonic lord, there might be fanatics out there who want to cause harm to you!"

The trio walked out of the bedroom and into a brightly lit hallway. A single person was standing around, the blind swordsman, Caetorum.

"Good morning, young Lord. I trust your sleep and bath was too your liking?" Dignified. Dignified and solemn were the two keywords to describe the man in front of him.

"Ah, yea. I've never seen a place like this. Better than the highest of high class hotels back on Earth." Rainer answered as honestly as possible.

"Thank you. We, meaning myself and the servant staff were worried you would not find it to your liking, as you might prefer human world lodgings over the ones here."

"Bloody heck no. I could really take advantage of the extravagance here."

"Now, may I ask what your plans are? As the three of you are still very new here, I will try to cater to your needs."

"Um, I would like directions to an armory, please. As I am now fallen, the angels would have surely revoked my rights toward their weaponry and armor."

"And I want to know where I might have some food. I'm famished."

"Ah, I want something to eat too, haven't had anything in a small while."

"Nivenah!" Caetorum called out into the luxurious hallway. He apparently called for a woman, as one hurriedly appeared onto the scene. "Can you please direct... Aureal, is it? Aureal to the armory."

"Of course, Maturity." (Caetorum's title is, "Maturity" of the pillar division.)

"As for you two, please follow me. I'll lead you two to the dining hall."

Aureal was lead off by woman, Nivenah to where he guessed was the armory. While Nerissa and Rainer followed Caetorum to the dining hall, Rainer was furiously wondering how the heck Caetorum knew where he was going, despite being blind. After a while's thought, he tucked the question into his mind and wrote it off as magic or demon stuff of some sort.

The dining hall was almost exactly what you would expect to see in a medieval castle. Several long tables were lined up, with another long one perpendicular at the end of the room. Comfy looking chairs were arranged neatly along each table, with grander ones along the horizontal table. There were opaque dishes and glasses placed at the horizontal table, obviously meant for the two of them as well as some others. Stained glass depicted scenes of what Rainer assumed to be lust. Most of them depicted sexual acts, but some depicted lust in other ways, however Rainer didn't pay attention to the windows for very long. In the middle of the horizontal table, there was a uniquely shaped chair, which he assumed to be a throne. A throne he didn't realize was meant for him until Caetorum gestured Rainer towards. Rainer sat down onto the throne, he didn't feel hard stone or metal, despite being colored that way. He felt that the throne moved, or more accurately, contorted and shifted. It felt as if no matter what position Rainer sat in, he couldn't feel uncomfortable, only comfort.

Nerissa sat in a chair next to Rainer, while several others took a position next to chairs around the table. "Oh, hello Rainer. This place is pretty good isn't it? I'm practically royalty since I'm apparently one of your 'concubines'. Not that I mind." A rather carefree voice rung out on the other side of Rainer, it was Lauren's voice. She had a book wrapped in her arms, which she placed onto the table next to the dish and glass.

"Where'd you go?"

"I went to the library, I wanted to find a book on the flora and fauna of the circles. I figured I better start learning about the plants and animals of these worlds if I'm going to be able to use my witch's magic." Answered Lauren. She had on an outfit he had never seen before; one he figured was native to this world. She still had on her glasses, but he also noticed that the colors in her hair had changed. Instead of the blue and pink colors he had seen in her black hair, she had dark green and purple. Her gothic appearance had always had a certain allure, it had not gone away yet.

"Witches do magic with nature don't they? I only know the basics from myths and whatnot."

"Yes, what is witch magic like? As you can tell, humans are not that common in the circles, so human specific magic is very rare. I'm curious how you fight!"

"Ah well... I'm an offshoot of the main type of witches. I form what I call 'pacts' with certain animals and beings. I call upon their power to assist me in combat or everyday life. I know plenty of herbalism and incantations, but I like to specialize with pacts. My mother was a very famous witch, she taught me all the basics to all kinds of witchcraft and said, 'Go learn what you want, I don't need a brat like you following me... Oh and be careful!' So I chose to directly involve myself with nature. I even used one of my pacts on that angel from before."

"Oh yea, you said something about a wraith or something."

"That's one of my pacts. My pacts aren't normal ones with regular human world animals, though I have some of those, I formed pacts with mythical, mystical, and supernatural creatures. I don't mean to brag, I swear, but very few witches have been able to form pacts with those kinds of creatures. Mother's training helped a lot. You heard me do the full recital to call upon the pact, right, Nerissa? It went as..." Nerissa then began to recite words apparently used to call upon one of her pacts.

"I call upon the pact

Wraith of the abyss, hear me

Arm of the Wraith."

With that, Lauren's arm turned into a sharp point, with her fingers at the tip. It looked as if the arm could pierce through any thing. Rainer did not think that angel's armor was for show, but neither was Lauren's arm.

"Begone, essence of wraith." With those words, Lauren's arm turned to normal.

"Interesting, if your ability is as rare as you say, you would be quite the asset for us. What other kinds of pacts have you formed?" Nerissa was more than interested; in fact she looked like a little girl's first visit to a magic or illusionist's show.

"Hmmm, I've formed pacts with quite a few creatures. Let's see, a Nemean Lion, a Gorgon, a Wendigo, a Fenrir wolf, that Wraith you saw, a Manticore, a Shade, one of the Faceless ones, an ice dragon... And a couple others, the dragon and the Wendigo were the toughest ones to get a pact from. I want to see what kinds of animals in these circles I can get a pact from."

"You mentioned a Nemean Lion and Fenrir Wolf..."

"Hmmm? Yea, why?"

"Sometimes when portals were opened up between the human world and our circles, our fauna would enter the portals. Those animals are generally found in the myths of humans. Like the Kraken... Don't ask me how, but one managed to go through a portal in the Waters of Wrath once, and it wreaked havoc in the human world! It must have been a baby or young Kraken then and grew up in the human world. If you can gather pacts with animals of the circles, you would be quite the force to be reckoned with! Would it be possible to get a pact with a Kraken, I wonder?"

"Oh, I've got a pact with a Kraken, I didn't mention that one." Said Lauren like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"How in hell could you pact up with an animal, or whatever it is, that massive?"

"I'm surprised, I only said that as a joke... And yet you apparently do."

Said both Rainer and Nerissa, they were both quite surprised.

"Hunting wizards were looking for it at the time. I just happened to be around in a boat when they had the Kraken about to be killed. I took them out, mercilessly mind you, and the Kraken turned out to be quite amiable. After saving its life, it was quite willing. I'll show it to you guys sometime."

At that point, three other people sat down at the table: Caetorum, Tozomat, and Little Rouge. Not only them, but several other people, both incubi and succubi, came in bearing trays of food.

"I hope the food will be to your liking young Lord. As it is still morning, it is a breakfast arrangement. Demon world food may be a bit... Different than the food or your world. I can assure you it is good though."

"Ah, I'll definitely try it. I like breakfast, so I'm sure this'll be good." Rainer remained composed, though his eye twitched when Caetorum said the word "different".

"Soooooo, how issssss the place? Caetorum spent the entire day getting this place all clean and ready toooooo meet the standards of aaaaa Lord of Lust.♡" Little Rouge spoke with clear intent at annoying Caetorum.

"Try all you want, I will not stoop to your level in front of the young Lord." Caetorum... Dignified and solemn, those were certainly Caetorum's attributes.

"Ha ha! One day you'll just get tooooooo annoyed by meeeeee. Ohhhhh how much fun iiiiiiit would beeeeee to make Maturity goooooo to immaturity... Yay! Food issssss here, I'mmmmm hungry.♡"

The caterers placed the food onto the table. Caetorum was right, different is how you would describe the food. Straight from Dr. Suess, was green egg like objects. Along that were strips of slightly charred yellowish meat. There was a plate holding a variety of small colored orbs. There was a plate with what would have been normal pancake like objects, but there were definitely demon world things sticking out. Different is key here.

Lauren showed the same amount of hesitance as Rainer. Nerissa and the pillar members however were already eating the food the put on their plates. Rainer took a little bit of everything, mustering as much bravery as possible. The look of the food said one thing, the taste said something else. Just like when Nerissa cooked for Rainer once, taste defied the food's look. Each of the dishes was delicious, each unique in their own flavor.

After the meal was finished, Rainer went up to Caetorum to ask a question, "Uh, Caetorum, how do I get to the city? I really want to explore it and see what it's like. The cities in Earth are nothing like the ones here from what I've seen."

"I'd advise against going to the city, but I guess after seeing a completely different place for the first time, one's instincts are to investigate it."

"A land like this... I used to think they only existed in books, movies, and games. There is no way I can resist seeing the wonders of this place."

"Wanderlust, eh? I cannot go against the requests of the young Lord, but may I make a request myself?"

"Ah, sure. What is it?"

"I request that you keep your appendages, wings and all, inside. Black demons attract attention along with their white counterparts. There is a pretender to the throne that will want your head. There is no way that they can know what you look like exactly, but they are sure to do something with any black or white demons they see. Also, one of us will observe you from a distance. If we are seen with you, as we are pillar members and your personal guard, they will know your identity."

"Fair enough, I don't really want to die anytime soon so go right ahead."

Rainer began the process to suck in his demonic appendages. Once he finished Caetorum showed him the way out to the city, and Rainer began his expedition.

TheTask
TheTask
909 Followers
12