The Lost Lord Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers

"Wait... What do you mean? He has no wings and all of his appendages are out, so-" Sitri looked confused, as would most people.

"Heh, just watch and be amazed little princess." With those confident words, Reginald stood tall, still with his hands bound behind him. Though it seemed that he did not need his arms to call upon the power of his tattoos.

Reginald had a number of tattoos emblazoned across his body, tattoos that were created using ink infused with an extremely potent soul of a human. These tattoos were objects that Reginald could create tangible realities of: Snakes for piercing, biting, and poisoning, a strong shield for the obvious blocking, ridiculous looking shoulder-mounted guns, angelic wings for flying, and probably even more.

Like a blossoming flower, beautiful angelic wings sprouted from Reginald's back, wings that should not exist on a demonic entity. As surprised as Asmodea first was when she saw the contradicting existences, Sitri's mouth gaped, much to the enjoyment of Asmodea and Reginald. Most words of language escaped Sitri, "Uh... Right. Where can I get some of those?"

And on that note, Asmodea and Sitri unfurled their wings accordingly and took flight along with Reginald, over the decrepit structure. The air was unusually thin but expectedly clear. With the desert area as annoying arid, there was not a cloud in sight. As expected of Gluttony's Punishment.

The three of them stayed silent for the duration of the flight, only enjoying the monotonous scenery that contained only red boulders and ramshackle buildings of various sizes. There were very few plants, and all of which were dead. The strange oasis that Asmodea had first found when she had been transported to this desert was nowhere to be found.

Eventually, the trio came across the building to a very welcome sight: A young white demoness, a human witch, a fallen angel, and two corpses belonging to their enemies. Though there was also a Djinn among them, Asmodea assumed that circumstances had the Djinn cooperate either willingly or not, in either case, she made the observation to Sitri and Reginald that the Djinn must be friendly.

Yet despite the unusual case with the Djinn, there was one more surprising thing that both Sitri and Asmodea couldn't help but be slightly amazed: the new owner of Old Age.

"Nerissa... You really are your mother's daughter, aren't you? Full of interesting surprises. I understood your skill, yet to think you impressed Old Age enough to be its new wielder." Venerated Asmodea. She and the youngest daughter of the Princess of Pride weren't exactly all that friendly towards one another, that was made clear when they first met in Rainer's house in the human world. Yet Asmodea knew when to separate her emotions from when someone truly deserved a compliment.

Sitri agreed, "Yes, father's sword may have traveled around a bit, but it never chooses a weak owner." What Sitri meant by the sword traveling around, was that when Old Age was being given a new wielder, or it found someone to be its new owner, the sword that Old Age inhabited transferred its consciousness, energy, and power to the new sword. It was believed that Old Age did this because it never wanted its owner to be forced to learn a completely new sword style depending on the shape and style difference of their old sword to Old Age.

"I know, right? Though I didn't mean to take one of Death's weapons for my own, I meant to give it to my darling fiancée! Yet, I don't know if I want to now..." Said Nerissa with a tinge of regret.

While Nerissa conversed with Asmodea and Sitri, a conversation began with Reginald and Luce, the Djinn.

"Hmmm, looks like your turning traitor to Black Steps, eh? Doubt Xizaen would be too pleased, he's an ornery fellow!" Gibed Reginald.

Luce responded emotionlessly, "Xizaen is jabberwock. While I appreciated the money, I did not particularly care for his destructive tendencies. Besides, it doesn't seem like you're resisting your capture all that much, are you?"

"I see no need in trying to hide it. I only joined the Parish because of those two bouncy women, though I can sense that they're dead now." Reginald joggled his head around as if summing things up, then asked, "Hey, who's the one who killed Forsythe? That creepy gluttony demon with a tongue of rotten flesh?"

Aureal cocked her head confused, wondering how the pride demon would react to her slaying of the detestable gluttony demon?

"Tis you? A beautiful sight like you killing Forsythe? Man, AM I glad I decided to be stick with being captured." Reginald heartily laughed with no regard towards his dead comrade. It seemed he despised this Forsythe just as much as Aureal did.

Suddenly, a noisy shockwave of dramatic proportions erupted at least a kilometer and a half away from their position. The group had no idea what it belonged to, but they knew that it was at least involved to their competition. The group, excluding Reginald, made a silent prayer towards their allies, with some of the group chanting loyally just under their breath for Rainer.

Dust clouded up at the epicenter of the shockwave, with it spreading up into the air. However, the group couldn't watch the spectacle for too long, as they were whisked away in a strange void to be transported back to where they came.

-

"Ah, my good man, did you manage to plant it securely?" An extremely laidback voice asked this to a kneeling demon.

"Yes, my Shah. The translocator is ready to receive the victors."

The Shah clapped and reached for a thick book laid face down on a hand table next to him. "Good, good... While I'm not really surprised, it is quite interesting that the Lord of Lust won. I do admit, I blundered up my little contest. How sad... Though I still found it profusely enjoyable to spectate." The Shah opened up the book to the chapter he left off. He was currently reading how a character doing something that the Shah could care less about. He was reading just for the sake of passing time after all and he had no interest in the current book he was reading.

The kneeling demon stood up and bowed before taking his leave, opening the door only to be replaced by another demon entering the room.

The newcomer was a haggard looking fellow with thin glasses and a worn, grey suit. He had orange-green skin along with horns and a tail (most demons outside of the Land of Lust did not have wings, most demons with wings lived in the Land of Lust). The haggard demon performed the disrespectful action of taking the book the Shah was reading away and tossing it behind his back, saying, "Really... I damn knew this wouldn't end well, Belphegor."

"Eh? What might you be talking about my good friend?" The Shah asked, clearly bemused as if he had never been guilty of even a single white lie.

"While I am pleased that you are at least capable, willing, and actually bringing the Lord of Lust and his followers back to their land... They will be entering a DAMN wildfire!" The haggard demon was calm at first, though his words grew increasingly perturbed.

"My word... You're not kidding? Do tell! I love a good story. You're a great story-teller Sir Mortol!" The Shah slapped his hand down on Mortol's shoulder as if he was getting a giant inside joke.

"I'm not a knight, please refrain from using 'Sir' in my name. What I mean is... I mean that you will be transporting the Lord of Lust and his followers into a bloody warzone!" Mortol abruptly threw his hands in the air, gesticulating a large conflict. "That Arazra and his allies, which are quite numerous mind you, have all gathered and begun sieging the Land of Lust's capitol! Of course that city was designed to counter sieges, though it cannot stand against such a large force with its paltry garrison. They won't even be able to get word out to any loyal forces! You said you would take responsibility for the consequences of your idiotic competition, so please take responsibility for once!"

"Whoa, I don't think I've ever seen you so angry. I refuse. Obviously, I don't really care who wins, this Rainer or Arazra. Both are quite capable folks, and while this Rainer may be quite a nice person and would undoubtedly grow into a great ruler someday, Arazra is also dedicated to the Land of Lust and does not have any selfish intentions for the future after becoming Lord. It is not like genocide will occur depending on who will become Lord of Lust, and even then, I wouldn't act." The Shah ended his rant with a smashing crescendo, though he added this several seconds after, "Besides, you should obviously know that the Rulers of Sin have to wait two decades before interfering with who actually takes the vacant seat of the seven Rulers of Sin. Sure I can 'test' the Lord hopefuls, though I will not choose between them. Petty squabbles like that will resolve themselves."

Mortol sighed, he was quite reluctant to admit it, but the Shah was right. Only eighteen of the twenty years have passed, and thus it was law that the Rulers of Sin cannot interfere with who becomes Lord in the end. The Son of Lust against the youth who came out of nowhere, who truly was a better bet for Lord of Lust?

-

In a certain meeting room of a certain palace located in a certain capitol city of the Land of Lust, there were several guards posted. Each of the four guards had on the same set of mailed armor, though colored faintly in the color of their choice. Each had a different weapon, one with a sword and shield, a spear, an axe and shield, and a battle-axe. They were posted there because it was unsure that the Lord of Lust and his subordinates would reappear there or not, as that room was the exact place where they were transported at least two days ago.

"Just stand watch there in cases our Lord, his fiancée and concubines, or any of the Pillar of Lust show up and if they do, immediately come and warn me or any superiors." This command was given by the chief of the city guard, a fairly young demon that went by the name of Dezeil.

Dezeil was given command over the forces that oversaw the going ons of the capitol city, he was found apt for duty and quite capable as a tactician and warrior, even commended by Zagan, the first district leader. The entire city guard respected Dezeil and would follow his every command; some would even follow his commands to the zealous degree of even betraying the Lord of Lust or any other superiors. Dezeil, thankfully, was a true loyal demon of the Land of Lust, and would follow the one that was supported by five of the Pillar of Lust.

The four guards were conversing, discussing various topics about the city as they stood watch and ready to spring into action. Suddenly, with a burst of green light, several people warped into the room. The people that appeared first were two pillar members, the Sadism and Fetishes of Lust, and a corpse of a fallen angel.

Three of the four guards immediately kneeled down and made themselves known to the pillar members, while one, the one with the sword and shield, rushed off to inform Dezeil.

Teras, the Sadism of Lust, spoke first, "Ah good, we're back and that means we've won. That should have been obvious from the start in any case. Still, you three, are we the first ones to arrive?"

One of the guards answered her question, "No, ma'am. You two, as well as the corpse, are the first to appear."

"Eeeeeh, corpse? Oooooh my! It's myyyyy handiwork again.♡" Little Rouge gallivanted over towards the dead fallen angel and nudged it several times with her foot, turning it over to reveal the marred face.

Another flash of green light occurred and another body appeared, and this time it belonged to the dead wrath demon, Asura.

Teras twirled her umbrella in delight, "And there's mine! Quite a weak little pillar member, sad that I didn't get to fight anyone fun."

"Miss Teras and Rouge, you have returned, praise Asmodeus." This relieved voice belonged to Dezeil which continued to speak, "We have a desperate situation in our hands and we severely are short of hands.

"Oh my sounds serious! Oh, here are some more." Blandly said Teras as she sensed more arrivals before the green light appeared again.

A fairly large group arrived this time, consisting of Asmodea, Sitri, Nerissa, Aureal, Lauren, Luce, and Reginald. As well as the corpses of a gluttony and wrath demon, who were Forsythe and Avandar.

"I am very pleased that you have all returned safely..." Dezeil sounded even more relieved than before at the sight of the Daughter of Lust, the Seduction of Lust, and the concubines and fiancée of the Lord of Lust, he even failed to notice that the Lord of Lust had yet to appear.

"We are not the first to come back? Rouge... You are fully healed, that is a relief." At the sight of the fully healed Little Rouge, who had accumulated the largest collection of mortal wounds she had ever seen, Asmodea breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yup yup! Good oooool' Teras healed meeeee right uuuuup with 'Cauterizing Water'. ♡" Said Little Rouge enthusiastically and she slapped her hand down several times of Teras' shoulder.

"That is all well and good, but have you seen my husband?" Asked Nerissa frantically, as she looked around and checked the corpses for any sign of Rainer.

"Nope! Neither of us didn't see him once, not since I parted with him to go scouting. He shouldn't be dead, as we would have failed this contest, yet we won." Responded Teras calmly.

"There was that large shockwave from earlier, Master should have been involved with that. Perhaps he dealt the winning blow?"

"Miss Asmodea, I understand the importance of our Lord, and we will keep vigil until he returns here, but we have quite the pressing situation to report to you." Said Dezeil frantically. He was covered in sweat as he ran here with all of his remaining stamina.

As Asmodea was the head of the Pillar of Lust, and the oldest member of the group, without a Lord of Lust to command, she was considered the head of all of the Land of Lust's forces. "Yes... The Lord of Lust... Very well then, tell me what is happening."

"We're- we are being assaulted by the forces of Arazra!"

"!!!What? He would pull such a drastic action?" Asmodea sounded clearly surprised and worried.

"Yes, and it is not only the Tenth district forces! We have seen the sigil of the Seventh, Fifth, and Eight district's forces alongside! As well as numerous mercenary forces..." Dezeil was quite on edge, though he kept his fears in check in order to keep a clear mind.

"This is... Sasilith was fairly obvious, yet Ornias and Hezazias as well?" With the revelation in tow, Asmodea pondered the situation before returning with a serious expression, "I assume you have been able to keep them at bay for a decent amount of time?"

"Yes, ma'am. As their assault only started several hours ago, we have somehow managed to keep them out of the city, though it is only a matter of time before they enter the first terrace." Dezeil reported the situation without hesitation.

"We can use that secret passage to send word and request help. Hopefully we can hold out until reinforcements arrive, as I doubt any of the other districts know of our plight. Dezeil, send some of your fastest along with Roal to send word to any loyal districts along with the harpies. Ignore the Yuki-Onna as I bet they will keep their neutrality. I, Sitri, Little Rouge, and Teras will take command of our forces and keep the enemy at bay for as long as possible." Asmodea barked her orders, which Dezeil nodded firmly too, he left the room along with two of the three remaining guards. Asmodea turned to Nerissa, Lauren, and Aureal and solemnly said, "While I wish you three would keep yourself safe here in the palace, I doubt you can stay still with such serious action going on."

"Of course, no one will be taking my lovely husband's city while I'm around!"

"While I prefer living, I don't think they will let me live if I stay still, so I will obviously help out."

"I will defend Master's city from any intruders..."

Nerissa, Lauren, and Aureal gave their responses in turn, each willing to help out.

Asmodea smiled grimly, "Heh, Rainer is quite the lucky man to have us, right?" Asmodea then turned to Reginald and Luce, "Now what should we do with you?"

Luce spoke first, making his intentions clear form the beginning, "I was asked to help out the Lord of Lust by his three concubines as I have no need to keep my loyalty to Black Steps anymore. I would love to kick the shit out of Xizaen's pompous ass if possible, so I will fight as well."

Asmodea smirked, the Djinn did not look weak, nor did it look like he was lying. He would indeed be a boon to the city's defense.

Yet Reginald was a different matter, he laughed out loud and said, "I don't really see the point in helping out my captors you know? I mean, my situation here isn't all that desirable. Though I do have a proposition..."

Asmodea raised an eyebrow, "And what sort of proposition can you concoct in your position?"

"I am not weak, quite strong actually. Let me be prideful enough to say I would have killed you and that Rouge fellow if she didn't knock me unconscious with my attention elsewhere. I will agree to help you all out, massacre quite a few troops and even take out some generals if you want, for one thing only..." Reginald smiled and sounded quite pleased with himself.

Asmodea could admit that Reginald was powerful, and very crafty. There was no doubt that he had more tattoos (which he did), he would have taken Asmodea by surprise and slay her. "That entirely depends on what you want. I can't imagine a demon like you wanting anything in particular."

"Yet there is! With my group, the Parish pretty much all gone, I see no need to going back to assassination. Nor do I have any desire to join up with more groups of mercenaries or assassins. I will help you out with all my might for one thing, leadership of one of your districts."

"Huh?" Asmodea smacked her ear, thinking that she must have heard him wrong. Along with her, everyone but Teras and Luce held an astonished or bewildered on their faces.

"Trust me, I'm much better than your traitorous district leaders. Here's my little speech, I can be quite loyal, and I would refuse to betray that loyalty if I'm in a position that high. I wouldn't mind being in a position of power like that. Tactics, management, economics, and etcetera... I can do all that. Or at least consider me as a candidate for one of the district leaders." Reginald abstained from his usual sarcasm and tried his best to sound convincing.

"I see... I obviously cannot appoint you as a district leader, only the Lord of Lust may do that and he is still missing." Asmodea pondered the insane words of the pride demon. While it was true they needed all the help they can get, and the skills and strength of a strong person like Reginald is worth hundred fold more than an average soldier, she was appropriately hesitant to agree to the proposition. "I will bring your case to my lord, though I cannot assure anything other than that."

"Fair enough, it would be insipid of anyone to outright agree to a proposition such as mine immediately."

Asmodea unfettered Reginald, "Though I want you to be in the presence of at least two of us at all times, Little Rouge and Sitri will be those two."

"Ehhhhhh?"

"Ohhhhh my! Must IIIII babysit? IIIII don't mind asssss long aaaaas if heeeee doesn't hold meeeee back.♡"

Sitri looked incredulous while Little Rouge didn't seem all that pleased, though they understood Asmodea's caution.

After some more complaining on Sitri's part, that trio, along with Luce and Teras, they left for the frontlines.

At that point, the fourth and final green flash made its course in front of the remaining people. Asmodea, Nerissa, Lauren, and Aureal elected to stay behind several more minutes to wait for Rainer, Caetorum, and Tozomat. Seven motionless bodies appeared.

TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers