The Lost One Ch. 05

Story Info
The last stone is within reach in the Mystical Forest.
6.3k words
4.79
5.1k
00

Part 4 of the 12 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

A/N: This chapter isn't as long as the previous one, but it's still important. Special thanks again to Blackstallion21 for editing this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V.

The Spirits

Of Nature

Pristine and the others headed toward the Mystical Forest. At one point they stopped and took off their extra clothing for the atmosphere was getting a bit warmer. After that, they continued onward. Their journey to the Mystical Forest was a long one for they had been traveling for two weeks. They were grateful though that they had enough food.

They traveled under the mountains on the fifteenth day when Kyra said, "Boy, this tunnel sure is long. It seems like we've been ridding for eternity."

"That's because the forest is supposed to be located far southeast of the mountains." Grayson explained.

"How do you know so much?" asked Drock.

"I like to read and study things."

Drock looked surprised and was about to ask another question when Ophealia complained, "When are we going to get there?"

"Not much further I hope." Grayson replied.

Soon, "I think we are almost there. Look!" pointed Lance.

"All right, a clearing!" Kyra shouted enthusiastically.

"Let's go!" Lance ordered.

Soon, they made it. The area was filled with fog. But it was not too thick for they could still see their surroundings several feet away.

"Where are we?" asked Ophealia.

"The Valley of Mists." replied Pristine.

"How do we get through it?" asked Grayson.

"Let's see. There should be a sign nearby. Oh! There it is." pointed Pristine as she dismounted.

The others dismounted as well and followed her. Pristine went up to a sign. Beyond it the fog got as thick as pea soup.

"Mallian? Can you read this sign?" asked Kyra.

Mallian stepped forward and said, "All right. It says,

'You must use the light inside,

As well as the fire in your hand,

If you make through this maze of the mind,

You'll find the Forest of the lost children.'"

"Oh, I get it. We have to use our hearts, and trust our instincts to make it through. We also use the Stone of Fire." explained Pristine.

"We need to stick together then." said Grayson.

"Good point." agreed Sir Reginald.

"Why don't we hold hands then?" suggested Lance, who already offered his to Pristine.

Ophealia and Kyra frowned at that, but everyone nodded and began to follow suit when Grayson replied, "Why don't we use a rope too. Can never be too careful. Drock do you still have that rope with you?"

Drock nodded. Everyone helped tie the rope around themselves before they took each other's hand again. Pristine and Lance were next to each other. On Pristine's other side was Kyra, but since Pristine held the Stone of Fire, Kyra held onto the strap of her bag. Kyra was also next to Mallian, who was next to Drock. Next to Lance was Grayson, who was nervous about holding hands with Ophealia. Ophealia just took his hand and actually smiled at him, which caused Grayson to blush a little. Ophealia was also next to Sir Reginald. The outlaws gathered on both ends of the human chain.

"Pristine? Why don't you lead the way since you have the stone." suggested Grayson.

"All right, but I need total concentration so please no talking." Pristine said.

She closed her eyes and focused. The Stone of Fire started to glow as well as Pristine.

"What's happening to Pristine?" whispered Lance so not to disturb her.

"It's the light inside her. It's shining through to light the way." explained Mallian.

"Follow me." Pristine said angelically as she led them into the dense fog.

"Pristine? You sound different." commented Kyra.

Pristine did not even hear her for she was in a trance. Mallian and Drock saw Pristine as that celestial being. They noticed that they were the only ones who saw her that way because they were seeing her with their hearts and instincts. Both looked at each other and acknowledged without even saying a word.

"I knew it! To think I doubted it for a moment." thought Mallian.

"Oh my! I can't believe it! I thought I would never . . ." thought Drock.

They all walked for what seemed to be like hours, but it only took them half an hour to get through the mists.

When they exited the mists, they entered a large forest area.

"We made it! We made it!" shouted Kyra after they untied the rope from around them.

As the light died down around Pristine, she collapsed. Lance managed to catch her in time before she reached the ground.

"Pristine? Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes, I will be. Can you help me get up Lance, please?"

"Sure."

When Pristine tried to stand up, she quickly fell to her knees with Lance catching her again.

"I think you're not strong enough to walk yet." replied Lance.

"You're right . . ." answered Pristine as she fell asleep.

Fatigue and exhaustion finally got to her. Lance picked her up.

"Poor thing. This journey has really taken its toll on her." commented Ophealia.

"You have to admire her though for she never complains." added Grayson.

"You think you can manage her Lance?" asked Sir Reginald.

"Yes, I got her." replied Lance.

In fact, he loved the idea of carrying her around. She felt so soft and he knew she deserved some rest.

"Um? Why is Pristine always worn out whenever she uses one of the stones?" asked Kyra.

"Because she uses her own energy to use them. The stones are powerful, but they need someone with a powerful soul and energy to use them. If a regular person would have just used them for a little bit, he or she would have been unconscious for days or weeks, or they could have died. For someone like Pristine though, they would only lose consciousness for a little bit. But they can die if they use too much of their energy." explained Mallian.

"No offense to Pristine, but why does she have all this power?" asked Ophealia.

"Because she has a pure-heart. Pure-hearted people hold some of the most potent and powerful souls because of their goodness. They can never think ill of anyone and they have an abundance of love in their hearts for all. Besides, Pristine is one tough nut." added Drock.

Everyone else agreed. They looked around.

"So this is the Mystical Forest right?" asked Ophealia.

"Yes it is. We have to be extremely cautious here." warned Mallian.

"Why is that?" asked Grayson.

"Because if you thought the dwarfs are insecure, wait until you meet the creatures here. Most of them were some of the unicorns' greatest allies and friends. Their species use to be numerous, and only a small number of them managed to survive. That's why this sanctuary had the first shield placed up." explained Drock.

"Boy, I can't imagine how they feel." said Ophealia.

"Oh, they really don't like humans period." replied Drock.

"What about you two? Will they accept you?" asked Kyra.

"Well, they will probably accept us, but I don't know if they'll listen to us." answered Mallian.

"Um one more question? Did all of the mystical creatures survive the Invasion?" asked Kyra.

"Well, actually, every mystical race believes that the unicorns' greatest ally and protectors are extinct. They were the dragons. Some say a few survived, others said that they simply vanished, or they were all killed in the war. We know that some dragons did die. Amongst them was the princess's own protector who was also the general of the dragon army that protected the unicorns. He died valiantly protecting the princess. Few even say if it wasn't for him, the princess's soul would have been devoured too." Mallian said sadly.

"That is sad. Can we rest now? My feet hurt." asked Kyra.

"All right, but not too long." Lance replied.

They entered the woods and soon found a glen where they rested.

Lance turned to Grayson and asked, "Brother, can you get my cloak off please?"

"Sure Lance." Grayson helped him out of it.

"Can you lay it on the ground please?"

Grayson nodded and did what Lance said. Lance placed Pristine on his cloak. She didn't even stir as she slept on. She was dreaming again. This time she dreamt of a place where there were so many mountains and the place covered in snow. Pristine was surprised to see some girls in only trousers and light-weight jerkins. Pristine recognized four of them as the princess's court. The princess was also there with them. They all seemed to be around ten, eleven, twelve, and thirteen.

"I just love spending the winter here. And what's best is it never gets cold." smiled Allora.

"It's cause of the magic of this world." Grace said simply.

"I guess winter is okay. I still prefer summer." Fanesse replied.

"That's because you're a fire unicorn Fanesse. But I guess I like spring and summer better because the trees aren't sleeping. I can't climb them when they're sleeping. What about you cousin?" sighed Joyce looking at the princess.

"I love all the seasons for each has its pros and cons." she replied.

"Oh look! Here comes Slycer and Sir Gladius!" shouted Fanesse pointing to two figures in the sky.

"Did you have to shout it right in my ear?" complained Grace.

Pristine looked up to see two dragons descend from the sky. While both were gold, one was smaller than the other. The larger one was ten feet tall and fifteen feet long, not including the tail. The smaller one was seven feet tall and twelve feet long. They both landed near the girls and changed into their human forms. The larger one turned into a man who appeared to be in his forties when he was really six hundred and seventy-five years old. He stood tall though at six feet and four inches and had a Nordic look about him with golden blonde hair and beard. He was very muscular and in good condition for his age. His eyes were dark blue. The other person looked like the younger version of the man only his eyes were gold and he was beardless. He also was a bit leaner and appeared to be eighteen years of age but was two hundred and seventy years. He was only six feet tall.

"There you little scamps are. You're parents asked us to find you and Slycer and I figured you five be here near our stronghold." said the older man a bit sternly but couldn't hide his grin.

"Oh it was my fault Sir Gladius. I wanted to come here on my own but my court refused to let me come on my own." the princess said, feeling bad.

"Ha ha ha! It's okay princess. It's not like you are never alone." Sir Gladius replied.

"I sometimes forget that you dragons are undercover."

"So Slycer has Sir Gladius been pushing you hard again?" asked Fanesse.

"Yes, in fact, soon I shall replace my father soon as sworn protector of the royal family." the younger man said proudly.

"Oh that's right. You're eighteen in human years now." the princess said.

As Pristine watched she couldn't help but think she knew those dragons. Suddenly everything got blurry and the images vanished.

Soon Pristine woke up.

"Ah, boy do I feel refreshed. I feel like walking." she said as she got up.

"Now Pristine, you shouldn't be going out on your own." protested Lance.

"Don't worry Lance. We'll go with her." said Drock as he and Mallian stood up.

"Is that all right with you Pristine?" asked Mallian.

"Yes. I am okay with that."

Besides, she wanted to have a private talk with them. So did Mallian and Drock. Lance watched as the three of them leave.

"Stop worrying about her bro. Mallian and Drock are with her." comforted Grayson.

"You're right, Grayson."

As the two of them sat down, Ophealia commented, "Oh, my feet are sore. Grayson, I want you to rub me please. Please?"

Grayson looked at Ophealia as a blush crept up on his face. Ophealia looked at Lance and the other outlaws, who were on the brink of laughing. Sir Reginald looked at her stoically, while Kyra just shrugged.

Finally, Ophealia looked back at a still nonplussed Grayson and snapped, "Hey! Are you going to rub my feet or not?"

Grayson shook his head a bit and replied, "Um, okay, if you want me too. Then can you rub mine?"

At this Lance and the other outlaws barked with laughter. Even Kyra giggled.

"Maybe, if I am in the mood." Ophealia gave Grayson a grin.

Grayson scooted over, but before he could do anything, a group of gryphons and winged-lions ambushed them! They quickly surrounded the group.

Lance, Grayson, and the other outlaws drew their swords, but Ophealia quickly protested, "No, Lance! Lay down you sword."

Lance and the others did.

Finally a gryphon said, "Humans are forbidden here. You-all are hereby order to surrender or die."

"But we mean no harm sir. I'm Princess Ophealia of Grom-" Ophealia started to say but was cut off by a lion.

"Princess, knight, outlaw, peasant. All the same. Now are you going to surrender or not." the lion said.

It took all of Lance's willpower not to take on the creatures by himself.

"Fine. We surrender." he submitted before he threw down his sword.

Everyone else discarded their weapons. The lions and the gryphons led them away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pristine, Mallian, and Drock were walking through the woods until Pristine said, "Mallian. Drock. I've been meaning to ask you two about something. I noticed when I told everyone who I got the signs from, your expressions changed. Do you know who the couple was?"

"Yes, we do, Pristine. The people you saw were King Elios and Queen Loreanna of the unicorns." answered Mallian.

Pristine just stared and replied, "I thought they were dead."

"They are, but their spirits remain." Drock explained.

"I wonder why they are helping me."

"That we can't say now, Pristine. May I ask you something?" asked Mallian.

"Sure."

"Pristine, are you happy?"

That caught Pristine by surprise and she thought about what she would say, and when she did, she couldn't hide the sadness in her eyes.

"Uh, that's a tough one. I will say that I am glad that I have friends and people I know who care about me. But, I still feel empty and lonesome. Excuse me, but I like to be alone for awhile."

"All right. We'll head back to the others." Drock replied.

"Okay, thanks. I'll be back soon." Pristine thanked before leaving.

When she left, Mallian told Drock, "Figures; since she doesn't have the other part of her soul, she is going to feel 'empty'."

When the two finally got back, "Uh-oh! Looks like trouble." commented Drock.

They looked around before seeing some feathers. They also smelled something different.

Mallian looked at the feathers and said, "This feather comes from a golden gryphon. Looks like we got some lions here too."

"We better go get them."

"Yes, but mostly for Pristine's sake."

"I will admit though, I am beginning to really like them."

"Right. Let's go."

During this time, Pristine continued to walk through the forest. The forest contained a mystical feel about it in its green and mysterious labyrinth and it enchanted Pristine. She found a glen with a pond and sat upon a boulder. Listening to the sounds of birds and other creatures of the forest, Pristine felt at peace for once for here was a place she connected well with. Forest animals began to watch her from the protection of the trees. Pristine, oblivious to them, began to ponder about her inner self.

With sadness in her eyes she asked herself out quietly, "Why do I still feel empty? Will I ever find my true self and purpose?"

She closed her eyes and opened them and finally saw the animals. They suddenly took off.

Pristine sighed and commented, "People in the past have always been scared of me for some reason. I guess the animals here are no different. Really cannot blame them for I am strange."

The animals understood her words, and began to feel her sincerity and purity. So they appeared once more and some even gathered around her. One little rabbit even jumped onto her lap. Pristine smiled with joy.

"Thank-you for understanding." she replied as she gently stroked the rabbit.

Suddenly the animals became alert. Pristine stood up with the rabbit in her arms and placed it down before smelling something.

"What's that smell?"

She looked up and saw smoke.

"Oh no. No! Fire! I've got to find the others."

The animals urged her to go with them.

"All right. Let's go." Pristine agreed as they started to run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Lance and the others were taken to a meadow where the leaders of the creatures of the Mystical Forest were. Amongst them was an elf. Her name was Pixie. She looked to be twelve years-old, when in fact she was actually over a hundred years. Her skin was olive toned and her pink and green hair was in pigtails. Her form was very much like a young lady about to enter adolescences, for her body was slender and long, but it's still petite. She stared at the intruders with harsh pink eyes as she stepped forward, eyes that had seen a lot in her young years. The others were tied to several stakes. Different mystical creatures surrounded Pixie and the other leaders.

Finally Pixie demanded, "Why have you trespassed on our land? You humans know very well that it's forbidden."

"Please, we didn't mean to. We're on a quest." Kyra replied.

"Oh really." Pixie said sarcastically.

"It's the truth my lady. I am a knight and would never lie." added Sir Reginald.

"So, I knew several human kings who said they were honorable men, but ended up breaking their words."

That moment, a brown satyr came forward.

"Pixie, several beings wish to speak with you." he told her.

"Who are they?"

"One's a water folk, and the other is human, but he was raised by dwarfs. He wears dwarf clothing, has a dwarf name, and he has the dwarf emblem on him." explained the satyr.

"Let them approach." Pixie replied reluctantly.

The satyr led Mallian and Drock in.

Mallian looked at the humans and sighed before saying, "Well, leave them alone for one minute, and they still manage to get into trouble."

"All right, who are you and what do you want?" asked Pixie.

"Good day. My name is Mallian and this is Drock. We came for the humans." Mallian replied.

"And then will you leave?"

"I'm afraid not. We're on a quest." said Drock.

Pixie pondered on this quest of theirs. Suddenly, she figured it out. Mallian and Drock came from the two other places that had shields. The only reason why they would leave their sanctuary and the only reason why they would come through here was because . . . "Let me guess, you want to find the princess of the unicorns?"

"Yes, we do." answered Drock.

"And do you actually trust these humans?"

"As a matter of fact we do. These humans have done nothing to hurt anyone. They are all honorable. And you know very well that my kind doesn't lie." protested Mallian.

"Yes, I do Mallian. They may be sincere now, but how do you know they'll stay that way. It was because of humans that we could not protect and possibly save the unicorns! It was because of humans that I saw my family die right in front of me!"

"Yes, but don't forget that humans were being controlled by Zeather, and that not all humans became evil." Drock bounced back.

"Yes, I know, but give me one good reason why I should trust these humans?"

"Because Drackor is involved."

"How do you know he is? Have any of you seen him?"

"I have!" shouted Kyra.

"Okay then, what proof do you have?"

"I have it, but not with me right now."

Pixie sighed confusedly.

"Oh, I don't know what to do. I am perplexed."

"Do what you feel is best." Mallian replied.

Before Pixie replied, someone shouted, "Fire!! The forest is on fire!"

Immediately different creatures began to scramble.

"No! Don't panic! Everyone go and find water!" ordered Pixie.

"What about them?" the satyr asked referring to Lance and the others.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers
12