The Lost One Ch. 13

Story Info
This story ends, but new journeys await.
3.9k words
4.83
5.1k
0

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

A/N: Here's the last chapter folks. All loose ends are tied up here. Enjoy! Thank you Blackstallion21 for everything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XIII.

New

Beginnings

The sky was an array of pinks, reds, and purples as the heroes of Serenai arrived at the remains of the Unicorn Kingdom. As the flyers landed, their riders got off of them before the flyers changed form.

"Oh my goodness!" exclaimed Joyce when she saw her home.

Pristine stepped forward before turning to her court.

"This world is still filled with power. All we have to do is add our power to it and the world with heal itself." she replied.

"How are you going to do that?" asked Aaron.

"We will sing the 'Song of Healing'." answered Allora.

"'Song of Healing?'" replied Grayson.

"Yes, it is only known to us five and Drackor." explained Fanesse.

"It was done one thousand, one hundred years ago to heal the world. In our past lives we used the same song to heal Serenai, but we had only enough power to do it. So in the end we used up all our strength and died." Grace told them.

"But won't you die then by doing this?" Kyra asked with worry.

"No. We are much stronger and so is this world." smiled Joyce.

The five unicorns stepped forward. Pristine started to sing in an angelic tone. Soon she was joined by her court. The Spirits of Nature started to stir as the world lit up. The song was filled with so much peace and love that everyone else felt the connection to the planet and one by one they started to join in. The other unicorns joined in first, followed by the mystical creatures and animals. It wasn't long before everyone else sang as the whole world became anew as Serenai began to heal. Forest, fields, oceans, mountains and everything natural began to go back to the way it used to be twenty-eight years ago. The buildings that were tinged with evil lost their sinister demeanor, however since majority of the buildings and towns were destroyed they would have to be rebuild manually. Only the unicorn kingdom was able to be put back together because of the connection it held to Pristine and her court so they used most of their strength to rebuild it. When it was over, Pristine and her court fell to their knees as they gasped for breath. They stood up and turned to the others.

"Thank you; because of you we were able to not only heal this world but place a seal on it so nothing evil could ever harm it again from outside forces." Pristine smiled.

"Look everyone!" pointed Kyra.

The Kingdom of the Unicorns was healed and the buildings were back to their original state as well.

"It is as beautiful as the history books say." exclaimed Ophealia with awe.

"Let's go inside everyone." said Pristine.

"We need someone to open the gates." mentioned Grace.

"Richard? Emery?"

The two gate guards came forth and knelt.

"Gentlemen, please open the gate."

"With pleasure, your highness." replied the soldier with grayish-blue hair.

"Thank you Emery."

The two sprouted wings and flew to their posts on top of the gate, which were located on each side before opening the gate.

"Mr. Lyonall, please lead the way." Pristine instructed her butler.

As they all entered, Pristine started to look for Lance. Her friends noticed this and when it was only them, they went over to Pristine. She was trying to keep her composure as she turned to them.

"He's not here." she replied.

"Who?" asked Kyra.

"Lance." answered Pixie.

"Why did he leave like that?" asked Lola.

"He thinks that since he's not a unicorn, he and Pristine can't be together." explained Slycer.

"I am sure he'll come back, cousin." comforted Joyce as she placed a hand on Pristine's shoulder.

Pristine burst into tears as she threw herself into Joyce's arms. It took her a few minutes to dry her tears and regain herself. Drackor and Inion showed up.

"Princess, everyone is waiting for you." said Drackor.

"Yes." Pristine agreed as they all headed toward the castle.

The evening was one filled with merriment and glee. Despite her broken heart, Pristine managed to put on a happy face. Her friends continued to watch her, knowing she was slowly falling apart inside. During dinner, it was announced that Ophealia and Grayson were to wed. Later on that evening, Pristine said she was tired and went to bed early. She was weary, but it wasn't because of the day's fighting. Later everyone else retired to their rooms and homes. Some of them slept outside. They didn't mind though for makeshift tents were built.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the night, Pristine's court met in the main parlor.

"We need to do something about finding this Lance and bringing him back." whispered Allora.

"I know." the others said.

"Lance reminded of another legend." commented Grace.

"What legend?" asked Fanesse.

"Follow me."

She led them to the library and they all saw Pixie.

"Pixie?" asked Allora.

"Oh, hey, I was looking at the different legends. I thought Lance fit into one of them." she explained.

"Grace thought so too." replied Joyce.

Pixie had lit a candle. They all circled around her.

"If I remember correctly, the legend is on page one thousand and one hundred." whispered Grace.

Pixie carefully turned the pages before finding the right one.

"Ah, here we are. Read that one Pixie." Grace instructed.

"'In old times there was a unicorn stallion who fell in love with a human being. In time he turned into a human and the two were betrothed. The stallion eventually forgot his heritage, but his unicorn spirit was passed onto his descendants. One day, a descendant will embark on a quest and protect his love to become his true self once more.' It all fits. Lance went on the quest to protect Pristine." read Pixie.

"Not to mention that unicorns do usually only fall in love within their own species." added Grace.

"Do you think Pristine knows of this?" asked Pixie.

"I am sure she will. Pristine use to read this book all the time." answered Allora.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little did Allora know, she was correct. Pristine was looking out at the moons from her window.

"Oh Lance. Why did it take me so long to realize who you were? I wish you were here." she whispered.

Turning around, she glanced at the crown which she would receive tomorrow during the coronation when she would be officially proclaimed Queen of the Unicorns. She should have been happy and proud about tomorrow. And on the following day was Ophealia and Grayson's wedding. She wished Lance was there to watch. Pristine walked back to the window to look at the moons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time, Lance was looking at the moons as well. What he didn't know was that the Spirits were watching him. Lance felt ashamed of himself for the first time in his life. He shouldn't have left the way he did. He should have at least said good-bye. Maybe it was for the best, he thought.

"I am a coward."

"You're not a coward Lance, just confused." said a voice.

Lance turned around to see the Spirits.

"Who are you?"

"We are the Spirits of Nature." said the female water spirit.

"What do you want?"

"I don't think that's the question Lance. The question is what you want?" responded the male fire spirit.

"What I want is for Pristine to be happy."

"Do you believe Pristine is happy right now? Without you?" asked the male light spirit.

"I don't know."

"She's not Lance. She's miserable. It doesn't matter to her what you are. She loves you Lance. And if you truly love her, it should not matter to you either." replied the male lightning spirit.

"I do love her, more than life itself."

"Then you know what you must do then. Everything will turn out for the best." assured the female ice spirit before the Spirits vanished.

Lance thought a bit before saying, "The Spirits are right. How could I've been so dumb?"

He walked into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was well after midnight when Pristine decided that she could not sleep. She got up and headed toward her bookcase. She pulled on a book called "Nature". The bookcase moved to reveal a secret passageway. Going through it, she quietly went down the long stairway. The passageway eventually led her outside. She walked to a nearby pond and sat down looking into it. Moments passed before she heard footsteps and knew who it was.

"I knew you'd return." Pristine said without moving.

Lance took another step before replying, "I hurt you, but I didn't mean to."

"You did what you thought was best."

"I am sorry."

"It's all right. Come here and look into the water."

Reluctantly, Lance walked over and sat next to Pristine before leaning over to look at his reflection. What he saw shocked him. Instead of his own reflection, what he saw was a unicorn. It had his eyes and the stallion was silver. As he drew back, he looked at Pristine.

"What is this?" he gasped.

"This pond shows you who you truly are. You are a unicorn, Lance. It took me awhile to figure it out. Did you ever feel out of place, Lance?"

"Yes, but I never would have imagined . . . . How is it possible? Zeather nearly destroyed all the unicorns."

While they were talking, all of their friends watched them.

"It's a long story, Lance. I just now finally remembered it. Your ancestor was a unicorn stallion who fell in love with a human. So he became human and they both got married. In time he forgot his heritage, but his spirit continued through his descendants."

"Is Grayson one?"

"No. Only the firstborn were unicorns. The Evil One knew of this legend. That's why Zeather went after humans with pure-hearts because he didn't want any unicorns left. That's why your family was killed. Both you and your mother were unicorns. I know this because I can feel her spirit and all unicorn spirits. I am sorry."

Pristine lowered her eyes. She wished she could bring back his family. Lance took Pristine's chin in his head and lifted it up to see tears in her eyes.

Using his other hand, he wiped her tears and whispered, "I love you. I will always love you."

Pristine slowly grinned before saying, "I love you and I need you."

They kissed, gently at first. Then Pristine wrapped her arms around Lance's neck as he drew her closer. The kiss grew to be aggressive. Suddenly, they heard cheering and looked to see their friends.

"I always knew there was something different about you bro." grinned Grayson.

The couple stood up and walked up to the group.

"I must say, I didn't know you men were so stubborn. It took you long enough to come back." complained Lola.

"I am with you there." agreed Fanesse.

"I think it's the other way around." contradicted Aaron.

They all laughed.

"Lance, do you want to go flying?" asked Pristine.

"Pristine, I would capture both moons for you, as long as you are with me."

"Does he know how to transform into a unicorn and know how to fly?" asked Joyce.

"Watch." Lance replied.

It was like the words were inside of him all this time. He changed into a magnificent silver stallion and sprouted wings. Pristine changed as well. The two took off and flew around the area. Lance had never felt so free in his life.

"Lance, will you marry me?"

"Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

Pristine giggled and answered, "I think we can make an exception here. So will you?"

"I'd be dumb not to."

"Good! Let's share it with Ophealia and Grayson's wedding. Their wedding is the day after the coronation. Will you mind, being a king?"

"Hehe, I may enjoy it for then I can make sure you obey everything I say."

"Aw, that's not nice."

"Don't worry my love; I want you to have your freedom as long as I can share that with you."

Pristine nodded and smiled before saying, "Let's go back and tell the others than."

"All right. I am sure they will be relieved."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was a glorious one. The courtyard was filled to the maximum capacity as most of the land inhabitants of the world were there. Even the ones who could not be there, like the fish in the oceans, saw the coronation thanks to Pristine and Drackor's magic. Because they were not properly married yet, Lance would not yet be officially crowned that day. Lance didn't mind. He wanted his Pristine to have her moment. Pristine reluctantly allowed this for she really wanted Lance beside her as she accepted her crown. So Lance stood in the front row with all their other friends as Pristine came toward Drackor and Inion. Pristine's court, dressed in their elemental colors, helped Pristine move forward for she was draped in long and heavy garments. She didn't show her discomfort though and she truly looked like a queen. Her dress was multi-layered with silver, white, and gold colors. She wore a sash across her top area that went from her shoulder to her waist that held several medals of her rank. She would receive one more when she became queen. Around her neck was the Crystal of Life. Soon the ceremony began and it wasn't long before Drackor placed the silver and diamond crown on Pristine's head. Inion handed her scepter to her. Drackor announced her formally as Queen of the Unicorns before everyone cheered. It was as if Serenai was filled with life and laughter at that moment. After the coronation, there was a huge feast, but soon that had to end and preparations immediately began for the double wedding.

The next day started out hectic. Even Pristine, who was usually the sane one, was nervous. She was in her bridal room with her court and an equally frantic Ophealia. Kyra, Lola, Adrianna, Pixie, Mallian, and even Kyra's mother, Kathleen, were there.

"You two should really try to calm down. Everything will run smoothly." commented Kathleen.

"I know Aunt Kathleen, but not everything is in order." replied Ophealia.

Ophealia and Kathleen had quickly become good friends. It still felt strange though to Ophealia to know that she and Kyra were cousins. Kyra at one point had asked her parents why they never told her about Kathleen's family and they told her they thought it was the best that they kept quiet about this for their own safety. Apparently right after Kathleen and Trevor got married ten years ago, King Charles had gone to the aid of one of the neighboring kingdoms that was being attacked by Zeather, but unfortunately they lost. As a warning to King Charles, Zeather sank the ship Kathleen and Trevor were on while on their honeymoon. The couple managed to survive and ended up on the coast where a family had found them who were relatives of Pristine's human family and helped them settle in Pristine's old village. They thought it best to keep a low profile so Zeather wouldn't come after them. Kyra was upset for them not telling her this, but did understand and the family remained as close as ever.

"Are brides always like this one wedding days?" asked Kyra.

"I am afraid so. When my sister got married, she was a mess. Everything worked out great though." replied Allora.

"Yes and that's what I keep trying to tell myself. I wonder when our dresses will arrive?" replied Pristine.

The minute she said that, the seamstresses of the palace rushed in and hurried to get Pristine and Ophealia ready. They already had their hair done. Pristine's court would be Pristine's bridesmaids and Lola, Pixie, Mallian, and Kathleen would be Ophealia's. Adrianna and Kyra were the flower girls.

Things were just as frantic with the two grooms.

"I don't know if I am ready for this." replied Grayson.

"Ha ha, every man is entitled to be nervous on their wedding day, my boy." laughed King Charles.

"I think he's more worried about tonight." grinned Aaron causing Grayson's face to flush.

"You'll be the same way when you get married Aaron." smirked Lance.

"Who said I was going to get married?"

"I've seen you looking at a few girls yesterday Aaron."

Aaron's face turned red there causing all the guys to laugh.

Lance's groomsmen included Slycer, Aaron, Xack, and Drock. Grayson's included Sir Reginald and three other outlaws.

All the men were ready for the wedding; they were just waiting for Inion to come get them. Soon, Inion showed up.

"Okay, gentlemen, they are ready for you. If you will just follow me." Inion replied.

They followed him towards a huge cathedral. This was where all royal weddings were held as well as other sacred ceremonies other than coronations. Other than the palace and Corlana's temple, it was the biggest building in the area. The place was already packed and not everyone would be able to fit so Pristine and Drackor used their magic to create screens for everyone to see it. While the groomsmen went off to their starting positions, Lance and Grayson walked down the aisle to the front where Drackor and Inion was. Once they got there, both become nervous, only Grayson showed it by rubbing his hands. Soon all the bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down. They all wore colors of the rainbow, only Ophealia and Grayson's colors seemed bolder. Pristine and Lance's were lighter. Kyra and Adrianna were next. Both were grinning and placed flower petals along the aisle. Soon the trumpets sounded as everyone stood up. Both brides were smiling radiantly and they both wanted to cry too. Ophealia was wearing a crown as Princess of Grom, and Pristine wore her crown too. Ophealia's dress was mostly gold with green trims. Pristine's was all white. Both Lance and Grayson wanted to faint for their beauty was unspeakable. Grayson almost did, but Sir Reginald kept a hold on him.

The wedding went on smoothly and both couples exchanged rings and vows.

Soon, "If there is anyone here who objects to these marriages, speak now or forever hold your peace." replied Inion.

"I would like a few words, Inion." replied a voice.

Everyone looked up and gasped. A formidable figure of white light appeared from above and descended to the ground before landing in front of the couples. It was Corlana. Everyone was in shocked, except for Pristine and her court.

Pristine smiled with glee and replied, "Mother."

"Is she?" asked Lance.

"I am the Goddess of Light, Corlana. I didn't come to stop the wedding, I just wanted to bless it personally." Corlana replied.

Everyone bowed except for Pristine. There was no need for her to do so since she was her daughter.

Corlana went up to Pristine and kissed her on the cheeks. Pristine can't help but cry a bit.

"I am so proud of you my daughter. All the gods are and wish nothing for the best for you and all your friends. Beware though, for there will always be evil."

Corlana turned to Lance, "Lance, you have more than proven yourself worthy of my daughter. I am proud to call you my son. I am also counting on you to keep her in line for Pristine has become crafty by becoming a unicorn."

Lance grinned and replied, "I look forward to it."

Corlana smiled and then turned to Pristine's court.

"Your journeys aren't yet over. Danger awakes all four of you. Your parents will guide you though as each of you make your marks." Corlana warned referring to the gods.

The four nodded and Corlana looked at everyone once more.

"Remember, that the gods will always watch over you. Blessed be." she replied before vanishing.

"Wow! That was incredible." gasped Grayson.

"Looks like we've more adventures ahead." replied Joyce.

"Indeed. Inion, you may finish the ceremony." said Drackor.

Inion nodded continued. It wasn't long before the couples were announced as men and wives.

"You may now kiss your brides." grinned Inion.

Ophealia wasted no time in pulling Grayson to her and kissing him hard. Pristine and Lance laughed at them before kissing each other. There were plenty of cheers and cat calls. Drackor and King Charles came forward and Drackor crowned Lance king and King Charles crowned Grayson prince. Inion properly announced them before everyone threw rice into the air. Grayson and Ophealia went first before Pristine and Lance.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers
12