The Magic of Emerald Lake

Story Info
A fairy tale about a destined love.
1.2k words
4.45
8.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once upon a time in a parallel dimension there was a fairy named Jamara. She knew that a war was coming between her fairy people and the woodland elves because of her paranormal powers. How she hated the thought of a war with all of its destruction and hate. She was terrified of the possibility of losing loved ones. Finally, she could take no more of the ugly thoughts and images going through her mind, so she went to her favorite place to meditate.

Emerald Lake was a beautiful, tranquil place to rest one's mind. As she lay there under the weeping willow tree looking up at the clouds, she fell asleep. A rustling noise awakened her. When she opened her eyes, the shadow of a man was standing over her. She couldn't see his face for the shadows.

"I was always told that this place was magical. I see that it is true", he said.

"Why do you say that?", she replied,

"Because I have found a fallen angel from the heavens. I only wonder if you will permit me to return with you."

"Sir, I am no fallen angel, only a girl who must be on her way."

"No.....wait….. I must get my angel's name first."

"I am not an angel, and my name is Jamara."

"Please permit me to see you home, my name is Cross. It is not safe for you to be traveling home alone with elves about."

"You may see me home then."


So Cross took Jamara home. They talked the whole way, getting to know one another. They finally found themselves at her door. Cross was reluctant to leave his angel of the lake, but he knew that he must.

"I would like to see you again," he told her. "I will be back at Emerald Lake tomorrow by dawn's break. Meet me there if you will."

"I don't know if I can, but I will try". she said.

"That is all that I can ask for." he replied as he kissed her hand, bending down low as a sign of respect for her.

Shocked as this gesture, and at his long blonde hair brushing the back of her hand, she gasped. Then he was gone.

Jamara met Cross that next morning at Emerald Lake, where they spent most of the day talking. They spent every free moment they had in the world of their own making, under the ancient weeping willow tree where they had met. Time had no meaning for them, only the words of love that they spoke to one another. As the seasons changed, the thought of war changed into planning and strategy. Finally before anyone could fathom, the war between the fairies and the elves happened. Cross was put into the position of having to break the news to Jamara that he would join in on the fighting against the woodland elves. She already knew, and had known for some time. That was her curse as she called it, the dreams or nightmares of the future that she faced every night. She also knew how much despair and destruction the months to come would bring. As they said their good-byes Jamara cried tears of grief for she knew that this would be the last time she would ever see his beautiful smiling face. The scene of his death came to her the night before in a dream, but she could not tell him. No one should ever know his or her fate.

Weeks turned into months and still the war did not end. One day an overwhelming sense of dread and heartache filled Jamara's entire being. Instantly, she knew that Cross was dead. She couldn't bear the thought of him being gone and she took off running. She ran with no thought of where she was going. When Jamara reached the weeping willow tree at Emerald Lake, she fell into a heap underneath, exhausted. She cried for hours until she could cry no more and passed out. Her last thoughts were, "Oh how I wish this place was really magical and Cross could be brought back to me."

Finally, Jamara awakened to the sound of laughter. When she opened her eyes Cross was standing there.

"How did you get here?" she asked.

"Simple, you wished me here." he replied.

"I am only a fairy, I have no such powers."

"But you must, for I am here."

"No, it is not possible. You must be a demon."

"I can be whatever you will me to be. Only you have that power, so go ahead and try."

Jamara closed her eyes and willed the demon to turn into nothing. When she finally opened her eyes, he was gone. Emotionally exhausted, Jamara collapsed. Darkness had fell upon the land when Jamara was finally able to stand. The fighting was getting closer and she knew that she had to escape. Jamara took off into the woods. She ran for the longest time until she could run no more. She fell onto the forest floor, passed out. Someone standing over her awakened her. For a moment, Jamara thought that it was Cross until her sleepy eyes cleared and it was a stranger.
She gasped and tried to scurry away.

The guy said, “No…. wait, I won’t hurt you.”

“How do I know that? You might be lying.” She replied.

“My name is Trace and I am an elf.” He replied.

“Elf? You are the enemy of my people, the fairies!” Jamara screamed at him.

“ No, you are wrong. I am from a peaceable tribe who are not involved in the war.” Trace replied.

It took Trace hours to convince Jamara that he wasn’t evil. She finally confided in him why she had run into the forest, away from the safety of her people.

“ My ladylove, I will not allow anyone to hurt you. We can go to a secret place that no one else knows of because it’s a wonderfully magical place. Do you wish to go there.”? Trace said.

“ Yes, as long as it is magical enough to erase my pain.” She whispered only loud enough for him to hear.

“Then let us be off!” Trace shouted abundantly, grabbing her hand.

They walked hand in hand through the forest. Until they came upon a waterfall. “It’s behind the waterfall.” He confided. So, they walked on a narrow ledge behind the waterfall. Jamara was terrified of falling off that ledge, and when she looked up she was in the most beautiful and magical place she had ever seen.

“It’s beautiful.” She said in awe.

"Not as beautiful as you.” Trace said, smiling.

They played in the meadow as children would until they were exhausted. They finally collapsed onto the grass in a big heap. “Did you have fun?” Trace asked.

“Oh yes. It is almost as if I was a child again.” Jamara told him.

“Then stay here with me forever as you are destined to.” He said passionately.

“I can not…” she began to explain as he leaned down to kiss her. The kiss seemed to last an eternity. There were bright lights and fireworks. The whole world began to spin.

When Jamara was finally able to open her eyes, Cross stood before her. “See I told you I’d always be here.” He told her.

"But how? You are gone.” She said.

“No, your love has given me new life. When you wished for me I appeared here. This is where we are suppose to stay forever.” Cross explained to her.

They stayed in the magical forest and they lived happily ever after.