The Making of Vampires Ch. 01

Story Info
Fighting the Empire.
8.6k words
4.57
14.9k
42

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/17/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
VRSnow
VRSnow
56 Followers

I have completed this multipart series and will post as soon as I get the chapters edited. Adding final changes right now. So feel free to leave comments and vote. Just know the story is already finished. I think it has to be tough for a writer to submit a chapter and not be able to change things as they go along. Kudos to those who can do that. I can't. I get a new idea and have to go back and adjust previous chapters so my added ideas make sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: The Empire is coming

Miles away, people of the city of Osentia could see the smoke billowing over the hills. Their neighboring cities were burning. People were dying. The armies of the empire were coming to them, to destroy any resistance, and to incorporate their resources in order to make a grander empire. It would take less than two days for the small front armies to arrive and destroy their peaceful existence.

Armies of iron would rape, pillage, and burn all who opposed them. The empire refused to allow any to defy them. All victory was for the glory of the empire. All expansion was for the glory of the empire. All new citizens were for the glory of the empire. And damned be all who resisted.

Adontis, ruler of the city of Osentia, viewed the landscape with trepidation. He feared the inability to protect his small municipality. He sent messengers beseeching the other sister cities to unite against the empire. None complied. Unfortunately, each city feared sending their men way aiding any others to leave their own cities defenseless. They rejected his plan to unite their armies in order to prevent the empire from advancing. Now, each city fell, one by one, to the empire.

The men of the army stood with Adontis watching the burning of their sister cities. They would defend the city to the last dying man. They prepared traps and barricades throughout the fields and in the city. His three sons, his commanders, prepared to defend the city with their lives. Each understanding all too well what was at stake.

Adontis looked around seeing the good men of his city. Many were friends. Many had families. Many would die. He could die as well, but that didn't matter to him. He was prepared. He was ready to pass the torch of leadership to his eldest son.

He worried about his sons, though. They were young, in their thirties. His youngest, married only two summers ago and was expecting his first child. It would be Adontis' second grandchild. He understood that a family who lost their male provider would most likely suffer. He would ensure the care of his sons' families if his boys died. That is, if he survived.

He looked over at his eldest son, August, who was most like him in character, displaying the leadership skills needed to unite and manage a city. The young man looked more like his mother, though. His red hair, pale skin, and gray eyes, were all from his mother's side of the family. Thankfully, August was tall from Adontis' lineage and his muscular frame was from years of being a warrior. August was his favorite son and the one he most understood. August had been married ten years and had a four-year-old son, Marcus.

Adontis glanced over to his second son, Gabriel, who was the gentlest of his sons. His wheat colored hair and silvery-gray eyes gave him an almost feminine appearance. This son was the most like his mother. Gabriel had a way of freckling that gave him the appearance of a man not yet come to age. His lean form added to that illusion. He was a scholar and a magic user. He was the son that Adontis least understood. Gabriel was a man filled with passion and love for his wife of six years. That Adontis did understand.

Adontis' eyes passed to his youngest son, Martinelli, who looked the most like him with black hair, a rugged squared jaw, and stormy gray eyes. The youngest son, built much like his father and eldest brother from years of training as a warrior, was able to devise strategies to win battles as if the young man was an oracle. Books and tutors could never teach a man the abilities that Martinelli possessed. He possessed instincts, highly refined instincts of battle and war. Martinelli devised the strategy of the cities combining their might to defend against the empire. After the other cities refused to join forces, Martinelli created pitfalls and other traps throughout the plains and the city. The soldiers worked without rest to finish them all before the empire arrived.

Adontis' thoughts wandered to the love of his life, Yezmethia, the mother of his sons, beautiful and clever. Her honey colored hair and clear gray eyes haunted him whenever he departed from her. Her melodic voice chimed in his head even when he wasn't thinking of her. It became the sound of his inner monologue soon after he met her. He fell hard for her the moment that he laid eyes on her and begged his father to arrange for a marriage. It had been the wisest decision of his life to pursue her and he had not regretted a moment since.

His gut clenched as Adontis thought of losing to the empire. The house guards had their orders. He spoke to each man individually to ensure there was no misunderstandings. If the enemy broke through the defenses and into the city, Yezmethia would fine freedom by a quick and merciful execution. She would not suffer rape and torture from the enemy. He would never allow her to endure such atrocities, even if it meant a dark and lonely existence without her. He would protect her from the cruelty of men at any cost, by any means.

Finally, Adontis' thoughts drifted to his father, Pleotis. After the sister cities refused to join forces, his father rode to the north for help. He rode in search of the barbarians hoping that they would provide mercenaries to aid in battle. The cost mattered little when survival was at stake. It was vital for all in the city that his father find those reinforcements.

***

Pleotis traveled north searching for many days. He knew where to find the barbarians as they were the ones who usually raided the sister cities to steal food, clothing, and sometimes, women.

He took a great risk traveling north, but the barbarians had no love for the empire. Together, they could possibly stop the advancement of the empire's armies, if the barbarians agreed to help.

Pleotis urged his horse farther into the forest. He recognized the marks on the trunks of trees indicating a clan claimed the land. He would ride until he found a settlement or until he was caught and taken to a settlement. Either way, he would find the barbarians.

The first arrow struck the tree to his left vibrating the shaft and he paused raising his hands calling out, "I come in peace. We need your mighty warriors to help defeat the army of the empire. I ask to speak to your leader." He remained motionless even when the second arrow hit the ground between his horse's front feet with a thud causing the horse to march in place.

A tall, muscular, sandy-haired man clad in furs strolled out from behind a large green bush. He looked Pleotis up and down judging the worth of the traveler and asked, "What would warrant a meeting with our leader?"

Prepared for such an exchange, Pleotis slowly moved his hand to his saddlebag untying a large leather pouch. He tossed it to the ground at the barbarian's feet. "This warrants the meeting."

The barbarian bent over, picked up the pouch, and looked inside. It contained coins from the city of Osentia. He nodded. "Down from your horse. You'll be blindfolded and taken to the master."

Pleotis thought it strange the man referred to their leader, as 'the master', but often the barbarians' behaviors were strange. He dismounted. "Do I leave my horse here or will she be taken with us?" The intention was to use the horse as additional incentive if need be.

The barbarian shook his head, "She will stay here. Tie her to a tree and my men will guard her."

Pleotis saw no one, but that didn't mean that there were no men in the forest. He tied the reins to a low branch. Then he cautiously stepped to the barbarian who was holding a strip of fur. Pleotis took a deep breath and stood still. Nothing now would keep the barbarian from killing him if that was the man's intentions.

The barbarian stepped behind Pleotis and secured the fur across the older man's eyes. Then the barbarian grasped the visitor's right arm with a vice like grip. Pleotis registered surprise at the man's strength and realized why his arms were unbound. The barbarian had a strength beyond what Pleotis could imagine. His heart sored with hope that the barbarians would help fight against the empire. Men of such strength would be difficult to defeat.

He didn't walk very long. Well, stumble would be a better word. Pleotis knew they had left the path almost immediately. Now, he could hear his footsteps echo back to him. The hand left his arm and he felt someone loosening the blindfold to remove it.

Pleotis opened his eyes, needing time for them to adjust in the darkness. He stood in a large cave. In front of him sat who he believed was the leader. A thickly muscled dark-haired man with green eyes sat on a wooden chair with wooden armrests. His loosely woven shirt hung open, but his tan leather pants lay over his boots at his ankles.

Between his legs, knelt a naked dark haired woman bobbing her head up and down, the leader's left hand on her head setting the pace. One of her hands moved furiously between her own legs. To the leader's right stood another naked dark haired woman with her head thrown back deep in pleasure. The leader suckled at her breasts and thrust his free hand back and forth between her legs. Both women moaned loudly.

Pleotis tried to look away. Such displays were unheard of with his people. His eyes landed on a group of a dozen young women with frightened expressions. Their eyes were on the scene of the three people engaging in sex. He believed the women to be scared because such acts were private, instead of as if performed on a theater stage.

The loudly moaning women drew his attention back to the man on the wooden chair. Between his legs, he bobbed the woman's head faster. His breath coming quicker as well and he added his moans to the women's.

Suddenly, the woman standing wrapped her arms around the man and pulled him tighter against her breast and she cried out as her body shook. He grabbed the hair of the woman between his legs. He slammed the her head down and held her still as he bucked up against her face and growled out his pleasure. The woman between his legs muffled a cry as well and her body quivered.

The man fell back pulling the standing woman onto his lap as he allowed the kneeling woman to collapse onto her back. Still breathing hard, he slowly turned his head to the dozen women watching and in a deadly quiet voice said, "That is what I expect from each and every one of you. No crying. No excuses. Not fits. Only pure pleasure." He paused as if for dramatic effect. "Anyone who disappoints me will die. Just because I picked you and you're beautiful doesn't mean that I can't find others." He kissed the head of the woman on his lap. "Sabina has been my favorite for three summers now. I can't get enough of her, her beauty, or her obedience." He moved his hand to tilt her face kissing her gently. "Her friends have moved on. They were presents for my loyal men to give them children before my special gift is granted to those who are worthy."

The man looked to Pleotis. "Ah, we have a visitor. Guards, take away my women so they may eat and rest."

Pleotis almost jumped, as men seemed to form from out of sections of the walls. He had not realized the guards were there. He had not realized anyone was in the cave except the women and the man on the chair. A low chuckle made the hairs on the back of his neck raise and he looked to the man who didn't hide his amusement.

"I'm Andrecles and I am their master." He nodded to the guards walking the women out. "I have a special way of training those who have proven loyalty beyond doubt. Your escort is one such man. If he finds you worthy of my time, then you must have impressed him." Andrecles looked him up and down. "So, please, tell me of the reason for your visit."

Pleotis steadied his nerves. There was something wrong here, but he had no idea what it was. "Andrecles? That name sounds like someone from the sister cities. Did you once live amongst us?"

Andrecles allowed a smile to ghost his face, making those who saw it question if he had really smiled, "A long time ago, the desert people, during one of their raids, captured me when I was a boy and sold me into slavery. Then my master found me and took me from my owners. He granted me such favors and I shall forever be grateful to him."

Pleotis was confused. They had not had trouble with the desert people in centuries. Maybe, Andrecles was victim of an isolated event. He shook off his question and continued. "I come beseeching your help. The empire comes to our doorsteps. We need reinforcements and we will pay handsomely to any of your men who wish to fight on our side."

Andrecles threw his head back and bellowed out a laugh so fierce that Pleotis backed away. He didn't stop until he felt a hand on his back. Looking over his shoulder, he saw his escort smile as if sharing a secret joke to which Pleotis was not privy.

Andrecles asked, "Please, Pleotis, tell me why you and your people deserve such a gracious gift as the lives of my men who would surely die in a battle against the empire?"

Pleotis squared his shoulders. "We will pay handsomely...Wait; I never revealed my name to you or any of your people."

Andrecles pulled Sabina even closer never bothering to cover his flaccid member. "Yet, I know it. I know of your fear. You are not here to save your people. You are here to protect your own interests. If your son remains alive and controls the city, you continue to live in comfort. If the empire breaks through the defenses, you most likely die since you are an older man who won't last long as a slave." Andrecles narrowed his eyes and asked again, "So tell me why your people are worthy of the precious gift of the lives of my men?"

Pleotis felt fear. The man knew things that he had never voiced aloud. He was confused. Did the man have the ability to read his mind?

Andrecles tilted his head, "Yes."

That one word caused Pleotis' heart to race. He didn't understand what was going on, but he felt the danger. He felt danger from the man in the chair. Before he could think of anything else, he saw a blur. Andrecles stood before him now with Sabina still in his arms. As if she hadn't noticed that anything had happened, she wrapped her legs around Andrecles' waist and her arms around his neck.

Andrecles shot his hand out grabbing Pleotis by his neck forcing the older man to his knees. "Why won't you answer my question?"

Pleotis gasped for air. "We are not deserving of such a great gift, but we beg for your mercy and beg for your help."

Andrecles whispered in a low grating voice, "That is right Pleotis. You do not deserve the service of any of my men and you definitely do not deserve their lives. But, if you swear loyalty to me, I will give you a gift that will allow you to protect your own people. You will have the power to rule and you need not fear the loss of your son's charity for a good life. You will take what you want."

Pleotis driven by fear, gasped, and said, "I swear it. I swear it!"

Andrecles opened his mouth forcing his fangs to grow. The fear he saw in Pleotis' eyes was thanks enough. He plunged his fangs into the man's neck and sucked deeply. Pleotis felt the pierce of pain and then a hum shot through his body. He felt such euphoria as he had never felt before. He could feel the blood pulled from his neck in quick gulps. He understood death was coming, but it did not matter. He felt so good. Even as darkness claimed him, he rejoiced in the pleasure of the feeding. Then he felt his lips pried apart and the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth and it was surprisingly delicious.

***

Pleotis awakened in darkness. His eyes saw strange colors and he could hear a dull drip of water from the distance. He could hear several dull drips.

In his head, he heard a voice. The fire grows low. Your eyes can see differently in the darkness.

An unearthly chuckle brought him into clear focus. He saw the strange bluish form of a familiar man, Andrecles. "You're not hearing water. That is the heartbeat of the women in the cave with us. My men have the same gift as you and they have no heartbeat to hear." He allowed Pleotis to look around to see the women. "Other than the Sabina, you can do whatever you want with them. Do you feel the hunger, son? Feed."

As if it had been an order, Pleotis felt his teeth elongate. It was a strange, yet, powerful sensation. He glided with strange grace to the whimpering women. He grabbed the first one he came to. She screamed. He wrenched her neck to bite, but heard a crack and she stilled and quieted.

Laughter erupted throughout the cavern. Andrecles cleared his throat and in a voice geared as if talking to a child said, "Pleotis! You killed her. Be gentle. The blood will not nourish you if the human is dead. You need them to be alive for the magic of your body to pull from their life force so you can exist. Try again. This time, gently."

Pleotis, hunger growing painfully in his stomach, reached for another woman. She tried to scramble away, but there was a cave wall behind her and he easily caught her. He lifted her fighting form. She kicked at him, but he felt no pain. It was as if she were a gnat annoying him instead of a human fighting him.

Pleotis shushed her and said, "If you fight me, I might accidentally kill you. Turn you head so I can bite and I'll let you live."

She whimpered, but exposed her neck. The feeling of piercing her skin was shockingly sensuous. The first trickles of blood overwhelmed him and caused him to suck deeply. He heard her sigh and that encouraged him to drink more. With each swallow, he felt stronger and more alive. He understood that he would reign over the city and he knew how he would defeat the empire. He would turn every man in the city into a vampire. Yes, he knew what he was. And, yes, he somehow knew, instinctively, just how to transform others. He basked in the glory of the feeding and celebrated his newfound strength.

Then disappointment. No more blood came into his mouth despite how hard he sucked. With a whine, he removed his bite and looked at the woman. Her eyes stared vacantly at nothing. She was dead. More laughter erupted in the cave. Confused, he turned to look at Andrecles.

Smiling, Andrecles said, "You took too much. You lost control and drained her of her precious life fluid. Notice your bite marks are still visible. If you kill the humans when feeding, the bite marks remain. If you stop biting while they are alive, the marks disappear the moment your fangs leave their flesh due to the combination of magic from us and the life force of the human." He motioned to the last woman, "Try again."

Pleotis looked down at the cowering woman. She wore a large loose shirt, much as the two had worn. He wasn't hungry any longer. His fangs were normal again.

Trust me. Drink. Andrecles sent the thoughts into Pleotis' mind.

Pleotis reached for the girl, grabbing each shoulder and lifting her. "Turn your head so I can drink."

The whimpering girl obeyed. Again, Pleotis felt the sensuality of piercing human flesh. The warm blood tickled his tongue dancing on his taste buds. Then something remarkable happened. He felt potency as he had never felt in his life. His cock hardened and he wanted to fuck the shit of this woman young enough to be his granddaughter.

VRSnow
VRSnow
56 Followers