The Mark

Story Info
Lashaya's whole life change on her twenty first birthday.
833 words
4.44
31.8k
54

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 02/09/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shayson20
shayson20
73 Followers

"Who here has heard or know information of a town here in Virginia named Blackstar?...Nobody. Okay well...Yes Ms. Thompson? You have something to say?" Professor Clark asked the young lady sitting in the back of the class.

Lashaya didn't realize she had her hand up until the professor called her name and all her classmates turned to look at her. The shocked looks on their faces didn't go unnoticed. What really surprised her was that she did know about the town.

"Blackstar is a very small town. Population about a hundred people. The town was founded back in the early nineteen hundreds by a Deidre Blanca. It's said that she migrated there from London with her daughters first and only child. It's said that the child Deidre escaped with was the offspring of the King and the heir of the throne. The Kings wife didn't like the idea of no black servants child with holding that title. So she ordered them to be killed. They only succeeded in killing Deidre's daughter"

"Good job Ms. Thompson. You seem to know all the basic information. But do you know why Ms. Blanca named the town Blackstar?"

"The basic information is what Deidre wanted people to believe as the whole truth. Which is only part of it. There's a prophecy 'From the seed of the fourth born to the first. He who bares the symbol will rule all kind' Deidre named the town after that prophecy. The King and his people believed in witchcraft and other supernatural stuff. 'Blackstar' which suppose to be the birthmark of two triangles on top of each other. One facing north the other south. Giving the appearance of a six pointed star. Since the King was the fourth King of his generation, his child was to bare that mark. But I believe that whole prophecy thing was a bunch of bull. Deidre's grandchild never had a six pointed star birthmark and there's no such things as witches and supernatural beings"

"Once again good job Ms. Thompson. I'm sad to say class is over so this discussion must end as well"

Lashaya packed up her books and prepared to leave as so many of her peers have already done.

"Ms. Thompson can you hold on for a second? I would like to speak to you"

Nodding her head yes, Lashaya sat back down. There was no need to inform any of her classmates to wait up for her. Lashaya had no friends. People thought she was weird and refused to socialize with her. She barely spoke. Lashaya was use to being alone. Her parents died in a car accident the day she was born. Not having no other family she was immediately placed in the system. She went from foster home to foster home until she was eighteen. During that time she was teased and verbally abused by her foster siblings and foster parents. People teased her on her physical appearance. Lashaya had fire red hair and eyes so light that they looked silver. It didn't help that she was African American with these features.

"Ms. Thompson?"

"Yes? Oh sorry" snapping out her thoughts, she walked to the front of the classroom.

"Ms. Thompson I would have to say I'm really surprised you knew so much about Blackstar and Deidre Blanca"

"Yeah me too"

"You were right about everything expect one thing" professor said, cleaning his glasses off and putting them back on his face.

"And what's the one thing?"

"The prophecy. It was bull just misunderstood. They all thought the child had to be born with the mark. It never occurred to them that on the child's twenty-first birthday the mark would appear"

"Even so Deidre's granddaughter never got the mark"

"Who said King Avery was the fourth King?"

"But he was"

"It was later discovered that King Avery wasn't in fact part of the Cushway's bloodline. Even if he was it was only two Kings before him. The rightful King didn't take over until 1954. That King, King Logan had four sons. Three of which are still alive. The fourth one and his pregnant wife were killed visiting this country"

"So what your trying to tell me is that one of the three brothers kids bare the mark?"

"No. All three son's have kids over twenty-one. None bare the mark"

Lashaya raised one of her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Professor your confusing me. First you tell me prophecy is true, then you turn around and tell me nobody from the Cushway's bloodline bares the mark"

"Ms. Thompson when the bodies of the fourth son and his wife were taking back to London, the wife was no longer pregnant. The fourth son never got along with his brothers so they never tried to find the child. It's believed that' that child bares the mark...Ms. Thompson can I ask you something?"

She nodded her head yes

"Did you ever notice the six pointed star behind your right ear?"

shayson20
shayson20
73 Followers