The McLain Theory

Story Info
Lillith finds there's more than her perfect world.
9.7k words
4.11
12.3k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a rated (R) piece; please do not read if you feel you will be offended by the contents.

Otherwise, enjoy•.

)~(The McLain Theory)~(

By: K.R.V. and Dominic DiMilano

The small town was not even big enough to be on the map. It consisted of a few main streets, with their rows of shops, a small library, an elementary, middle and high school and a church. Downtown consisted of a fair sized park and a few of the more specialty shops and a small café that turned into a dance hall at 9pm on Friday nights. The total population of Saint's Landing was just over three thousand. Everyone knew everyone either personally or through someone else. Nothing was ever a secret for very long as the gossipers would latch onto anything remotely juicy and from there it would spread like wildfire. However, that was standard in small towns wasn't it?

Saint's Landing was set into some of the most beautiful mountainous land in Colorado. The scenery resembled that which you would find in the National Geographic calendars. Every morning the sky would be streaked with crimson and bright orange and every night the same beautiful sky would explode with violets, blues and reds as the sun silhouetted the mountains, making its final debut before the diamond stars and crisp silver moon took over. Just a mile or two outside of Saint's Landing one could find abundant fields and streams in which to retreat, or if they wished, the thick forest was only a few minutes away.

The Church of Christ was one of the few churches in the town and the surrounding countryside. Here, those of Saint's Landing would come on Sundays, Wednesdays and Saturday's and any day they could take time to visit the church to worship. Crime was almost non-existent, save for the petty crimes of curious teenagers and travelers passing through, those these usually consisted of nothing more than traffic violations.

Thomas McLain was a faithful, god-fearing man. He had served the church for as long as he could remember and took pride in calling the Church of Christ his. When he and his wife, Josephine McLain and their two children Adam and Lilith, moved into Saint's Landing, they found the poor church without a pastor and Thomas quickly took up the role with vigor. He led the growing congregation in worship every week and counseled those in need whenever he could.

Josephine McLain had always been proud of her husband, and coming from a Christian family, was elated when he decided to become the pastor of the church. She eagerly took up the role of leading church activities and fundraisers and became a very active member of the community.

With her simple beauty and kind words, Josephine easily captivated people's hearts. She always wore her dark hair up in a loose bun or braid away from her soft blue eyes. Her skin was a pale cream and her figure was slight. Thomas had a way with people, it was a gift. He could always convince his followers of the church that God would forgive them for whatever sins they had committed. He held all of his listeners with a steady ear as he praised God and offered words of comfort. He did not look much like his wife, his hair was a dark sandy blond and his eyes were a dull green. He had a lean build and a long jaw. Regardless of the plentiful Sunday dinners, he never gained any noticeable weight.

For years, the McLain family lived in a beautiful three-story Victorian style home on Eden Way raising their two children. It was the envy of everyone in Saint's Landing with its beautiful wrap-around porch and lush garden. Their home stood only a block from the church, two from the library and the schools were only five minutes away.

Considering their growing status in the community, Thomas and Josephine McLain's home was always busy. Guests would stop by periodically, dinners with guests would be held two or three times a week, sometimes couples would come to the home to be counseled by Thomas. Whatever the case, their home was always open.

Adam, the firstborn, was always active in school. All throughout elementary and middle school, he played football and in high school, he became the captain of the team. He was raised listening to his father and sometimes helped his father write his Sunday sermons. He looked nothing like his father, but more like his mother with short dark hair and soft hazel eyes. The years of sports had graced him with strong, well-developed muscles to match his broad frame. Adam did not mind being around people and loved to mingle and always attended the church socials.

Lilith was only a year younger and not at all like her brother. When she was younger, the only activity she participated in was ballet, but after that, when she entered middle school, she turned her focus to schoolwork and Pilates. Spending most of her time at the library and in study hall in high school, Lilith's grades rarely dropped below 4.0. She mostly took after her mother with organizing functions and outings for the church and directing fundraisers, and like her brother, she looked much like her mother. Having rarely cut her hair, Lilith wore it long, down to her lower back and usually tied back with a ribbon. Her large eyes were hazel, like her brother's, and unlike her mother, her figure was a full hourglass and she was graced with full breasts.

The two walked to school every morning and after school, Lilith would sometimes go to the library while Adam would stay for football practice.

Lilith enjoyed the library and the peace and quiet it offered her. Lilith and Adam went everywhere together, even after Lilith turned 18 and began showing signs of her growing independence. She loved his company and missed it when he wasn't there.

Though he never told her, Adam always kept a watchful eye on his sister. He knew what his friends at school said about her, what they would do if they were alone with her. Frankly, he did not blame them, Lilith was a beautiful girl, and her self-imposed isolation sometimes worried him. Often he would walk by her room and be tempted to stop and ask her to talk, but he hated to have her think he was imposing on her privacy. Instead, he walked with her to school, and if he did not have football practice, which was not often, he would walk her to the library and sometimes home from there as well. He did not mind being with his sister, when she did open up and talk, she was a brilliant girl and often had thoughtful, meaningful things to say.

The morning was cold, the wind drifting lazily in through her open window. Autumn in Saint's Landing had to be one of Lilith's favorite times of the year. The leaves changing colors on the mountain, the feel of the air, it all felt absolutely wonderful. Closing her programs and sending her computer to stand-by mode, Lilith finished dressing for school. The sun was not up yet, but after breakfast and on her way to school, it would be.

In jeans and a plain T-shirt, Lilith met Adam downstairs in the dining room. He wore his class shirt and jeans in lieu of a pep rally the school was holding today for the football game the next evening.

Adam smiled as his sister bounded through the doorway and seated herself across from him. "Good morning." He greeted.

Smiling, Lilith picked a roll out of the breadbasket and began to butter it. It was still hot from the oven and the butter melted easily. "Morning. Are you excited about the game?"

"Of course. This'll be the best game of the year." He stated with full confidence as he finished his pancakes.

"You're going to smash that Conifer team, I just know it." Lilith emphasized her point with a hardly menacing shake of her fist.

"Now kids, none of that talk at the breakfast table, it's far too unbecoming." Josephine clucked, flouring a board to start rolling out the dough for the crust of her sweet boysenberry pie.

Adam simply laughed and excusing himself from the table and went to retrieve his football bag and backpack from his room.

Grabbing an apple, Lilith gave her mother a brief peck on the cheek before grabbing her own sweater-coat and backpack and dashing out after her brother.

The streetlights were still on as they lazily strolled to school. They had nearly twenty minutes to get there when it really did not even take half that time.

The sky was growing a hazy violet and the birds were beginning to sing all around them. Periodically they would see other classmates dashing ahead or lingering behind them, all headed in the same direction.

The day went as normal as any other day, the pep rally was full of excitement and music and the practice after school was going to be extended for an hour. Adam let Lilith know at lunch that he would have to meet her at home. She in turn stated that she would just wait for him at the library since she had a science exam to study up on anyway.

Agreeing, Lilith called her mother, let her know and headed off to her final classes. Due to an emergency, their teacher had to head home and with such little notice for a substitute, the school just released the students.

On the way to the library, Lilith felt lonely. She had felt this for her brother before, but it still hurt every time. Inside was warm and quickly setting about her routine, she returned her books, checked out her others and headed off to the science area.

One woman ran the library and was there every day. She lived in a large loft above the library and had a very stern reputation.

Georgia McConnell ran her library with an iron fist and was infamous for her lectures about late and/or damaged books, loud noises, loitering and appropriate attire. She was only about ten years older than Lilith, looking to be in her late twenties, perhaps thirty, but she acted much older than that. She very much disapproved of large, loud groups taking up all the computers and books not being put back and instead being left on the tables. She always wore the same type of outfit; a silk or satin button up blouse, a skirt, sometimes tighter that Lilith would be allowed to wear reaching just above her knees, stockings, high heels and her hair up in a bun, braided or otherwise.

Every day, when Lilith would come in, she would see Georgia at her desk busy with her books. She always tried to smile and be friendly but the librarian never seemed receptive.

"Good evening, Lilith." Michael greeted, finding her crouched on the floor with a pile of books at her side. He was an acquaintance of hers from school that also spent some time at the library. He was a good friend of Adam's and she had just bought him some computer games for his eighteenth birthday party just a month ago.

Glancing up, Lilith flashed him a sweet smile. "Hello."

"Where is your brother? I didn't see him come in with you." He rearranged some books on a shelf and tucked his hands into his pockets.

"You do realize we have chairs, Ms. McLain." Georgia scolded, glaring down her nose at the young girl on the floor. She stood directly over Lilith. Lilith looked up and could not help but notice the shapeliness of the librarian's legs. Straining her neck to look higher, Lilith noticed Georgia's full breasts trapped inside a thin bra covered by the silk of her blouse.

"I'm sorry, Ms. McConnell." She excused herself, now looking down to gather her books.

"Don't be sorry to me; be sorry to the janitor who has to clean up the scuff marks." Her eyes were squinted with disgust behind her thin rimmed glasses and as usual, her blonde hair was in a perfect bun and her blouse and skirt were flawless. Giving Lilith and Michael one last sneer, she left to find another visitor to harass.

Michael breathed out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Wow, harsh. She must never get any."

"Mike, hush. I doubt it's that, she's just passionate about her library. Anyway, there's a football game tomorrow so he's at practice. He said he would pick me up later though." She moved to her computer. "I don't much care for football or any sport."

Sitting at an empty chair beside her, he watched her fingers fly over the key board. "Why not? Some sports can be fun."

Lilith laughed softly, though careful to keep her voice down. "No, it's just not my thing. I danced for a while but I quit. I would much rather study. There are so many things we can learn about the world around us."

Nodding with his agreement, Michael took his leave to let her study in peace.

Lilith spent the next few hours lazily surfing the net and browsing new sites. Often, she'd pause to look around and see if Georgia was anywhere around, the woman had an uncanny knack for showing up at just the right time. She was beginning to develop a horrible habit of typing in some absurd, random search into the engine then browsing whatever sites came up. It was more out of curiosity than boredom but it definitely brought up some interesting places. One site in particular intrigued her. It seemed that people could post their own writings there.

Lingering around the site, she found where the story area was and clicked on the title of one that sounded interesting. When the page brought up the story, she skimmed it before actually reading it. After the first few pages, she realized it wasn't a normal story, it was erotica, but it was good! She liked it.

"Ms. McLain?" Georgia looked as if she just appeared behind her computer.

Snapping up, startled, Lilith hastily clicked the print button before Alt+F4-ing everything out. "Yes?"

"Your brother is here." She relayed the message, wishing she could peer over the monitor and see what was on the screen. "I told him to wait in the lobby while I found you."

"Oh," Gathering up her backpack, binder and books, she headed around the computer. "Thanks, Ms. McConnell."

Smiling, she headed to the lobby, passing by the printers. Noticing the story sitting out, she quickly snatched it up and shoved it in her binder.

Adam was staring at a plaster statue when Lilith approached him after giving Georgia a dollar for the printing.

"Hi, you ready to go home?" he asked, hiking his bag higher on his shoulder.

Putting on her coat, Lilith nodded and left.

"Did you learn anything new today?" Adam asked, almost jokingly as they started down the darkening street.

"Sort of. I was really just brushing up for that test." She admitted, her mind on the papers in the binder.

"Is it going to be easy? Or is it one of those tests that would take an hour to finish?" Adam asked, picking up a stick and swinging it to and fro.

"It should be easy; I mean it's only on advanced cellular development."

After dinner, Lilith closed herself into her room again. It was dark, just how she liked it. The only light was from her computer monitor, which was set on a rotation of her desktop wallpapers. Sitting on her bed, she rummaged through her binder until she found all the pages to the story. It was a long one, almost eleven pages but she quickly found where she had left off and read eagerly.

It was a hot erotica, full of deliciously described scenes that portrayed the most perfect images in her mind. The further she read the faster her heart beat, a slight butterfly sensation developed in her stomach and her mouth went dry. She could have sworn she could be watching the couple making love.

As she neared the point where the woman climaxed, someone knocked on her door. Groaning, she quickly shoved the papers underneath her pillow and went to answer. She wasn't entirely sure she was fit to face someone, her mind was off in another world and she felt, dare she admit, a bit frisky.

Adam stood there. He wore a gray T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants and he held a book in his hand. "Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

Smiling sweetly and getting a reign on herself, Lilith stepped away from her door and let him in. Returning to her spot on the bed, she scooted up closer to her pillows. "What do ya need?"

Opening the book, he sat on the edge of the bed and thumbed through it. "It's just this one paragraph, I don't understand."

Lilith took the psychology book and read and reread the paragraph. "Hmm. Essentially, how I understand it, it means that our lives are based on perception. We react to situations based on our view of it and how others react may be different because they may not have the same view of it that you or I do. Our actions are formed by ours and others views on things." She handed him back the book. "Understand?"

"Sort of. So you're saying, rather this guy is saying, that if we do something and it isn't a bad thing, then it is everyone's idea that it was a good thing. But say one person thought it was bad, then their perception is wrong?"

Lilith shook her head. "No, basically what he's saying is that since it is all a matter of your own outlook, that no one is really right or wrong. People may just disagree with your viewpoint."

"Oh all right, I understand now. That doesn't sound like a bad idea." Adam smiled and closed the book. "What are you up to anyway? Just hanging out?"

Lilith shrugged. "Yeah, not a whole lot."

Falling backwards across her bed, Adam stared at the ceiling. "I'm nervous Lilith," he admitted in a low voice.

"About what?" she scooted closer to him, forgetting about the papers under her pillow.

"Just the game tomorrow. Conifer has a great reputation, I'm kinda nervous we'll biff it."

Raising her hand, she smacked it against his stomach and was rewarded with a grunt.

Grabbing her wrist, Adam pinned her hand to him.

"Don't worry Adam!" Lilith consoled him, "You'll be perfectly fine. Like I said earlier, you'll smash Conifer." Though she spoke in a rational voice, her mind was rushing. Beneath her fingers she could feel Adam's strong muscles, the warmth of his body. Instantly, the images from the story flooded to her and her mind was filled with sounds and sights she never before dared image. Twisting her wrist, she managed to subtlety free herself from his hold disguising it as a slight feminine movement.

"Lilith! Adam!" Josephine called from downstairs, requesting the presence of her children.

Giving each other an inquisitive look, they bounded down the stairs to the living room.

Their parents sat on the couch with some travel pamphlets in front of them across the coffee table.

"Sit down." Thomas demanded more than requested. "We have something to discuss."

A nervous pang shot through Lilith. Did they find her site on the computer at the library? Was she in trouble? A pant of heated fear washed through her and stung her insides.

"Your father has been asked to speak at a conference in Durango." Josephine clapped gleefully, her eyes sparkling.

Adam smiled. "That's great dad! When will you be going?"

Lilith gave her congratulations and sighed a breath of relief.

"It's this coming weekend. I know its short notice but I've got to go. It will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can meet other preachers of God's glorious word and learn new things." He picked up a pamphlet on the conference and handed it to Lilith. "I'm not going to take you two with me since you have school and that game so you'll be left here alone."

"I'll leave some leftovers in the kitchen for you." Josephine beamed eagerly, gazing at Thomas as if she were a love-struck teenager.

"That's alright." Lilith smiled sweetly, her most reassuring smile and gave her mother and father a hug. "We'll be alright; you've left us alone before, we can take care of ourselves."

Adam laughed. "Yeah, no wild parties and no staying up past ten."

Josephine giggled and patted her son on the arm. "Well we'll be leaving tomorrow morning so be sure to wake up in time for school."

"They always do, Josephine." Thomas consoled his wife.

Their talk lasted only an hour more before Lilith retired to her room once more. There, she sat at her computer and messed around with her Paint program and a small image.