The Mermaid

Story Info
A mermaid has to mate with a human to stay human forever.
4.6k words
3.89
44k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Far out by the ocean blue
sweet song of siren echoes true
with every wave that breaks anew
there drifts a soul, lost for you

-----------------------------------

Stephen picked his way along the shell-strewn beach, his dog Fred pouncing beside him. The smell of sea salt in the air and the warm sea breeze comforted him. This coastline, with its deep bronzed stretch of sand and the day-long whisper of eddying waves had always been his one joy and solace. Stephen heaved a sigh and turned to look at the castle behind him.

It was tall, spired and beautifully set with ivory and gold, its pearl-lined windows glistening in the noonday sun. But gleaming as it was it was merely a prettily-cast prison.

Stephen sat upon a sand dune and sighed. Fred peered up at him from under his thick fringe and rubbed his nose against his knee. Stephen smiled and ruffled his sheepdog's hair.

"Well, Fred, this is it. A week. That's what old Grimsby has given me." Fred looked up at him adoringly. Stephen sighed again. "A week! A week to find a maiden to wed." A large wave broke upon a boulder, sending sea spray in his face.

"I don't know, Fred. I'm only twenty one. Maybe I don't want to marry. Maybe I don't even want to be a prince anymore." Stephen looked down at Fred, who opened his mouth and lolled his tongue out.

A particularly large wave rolled into shore just round the corner, sending bits of crystalline seaweed and glistening bits of shell upon the beach. Fred looked up and sniffed. With a loud bark he bounded off.

"Fred! Come back!" Stephen got to his feet and chased after his pet.

"Fred, what're you.." Stephen was startled to see a pair of petite feet in the sand. The rest of the body was obscured by Fred as he sniffed at it. "Heavens," Stephen pushed Fred aside and pulled away the long ribbons of seaweed that draped the fragile figure.

"It's..it's a woman." Shocked, Stephen beheld the pale figure lying on the sand. She was young, perhaps just under twenty, and her chest still rose with even breaths, which meant she was alive. But, oh, she was unclothed. Stephen removed the last of the seaweed from her body and turned slightly red at the sight of her soft, uncovered skin. Her body was lush with curves, and her thighs were spread slightly to reveal a soft mound. Wavelets tugged at her hair, tinting its deep auburn hue brilliant red in the sun.

"We've got to get her to land," Stephen murmured, pulling off his shirt and draping the girl with it. With a light heave he had her in his arms. The sun shone in his eyes as he looked down at the strange girl. Long lashes feathered her closed eyes. She looked...oddly familiar.

Fred barked.

"Alright, let's go. Come on, boy."

With the emerald waves beating upon the shore at his back, Stephen carried the maiden to the castle.

-------------------------------------

"It was your 19th birthday. The entire kingdom was there. The entire kingdom but you!" The king of Polaris thundered on his throne. Madeleine frowned.

"I said I'm sorry, Daddy. I forgot about it! From what I heard it went well, anyway."

"Went well! It was a disaster! Where were you!" King Neptune bellowed. His trident gleamed a dangerous golden hue.

"I..." Madeleine thought quickly. "I was gathering shells for Mary's wedding decorations."

Neptune looked at her, unconvinced. "Mary's not getting married for another hundred moons! I wasn't hatched yesterday! You were at the surface again, weren't you!"

Madeleine cringed. Her father's eyes widened with rage.

"You are not to go near the surface again! Do you hear me!"

"What's wrong with the surface?" Madeleine cried.

"It's dangerous. I'm trying to protect you, don't you see?"

"No, no I don't see! What harm could there possibly be in a world that makes such wondrous things?" With a swallowed sob, Madeleine swam away.

Neptune lowered his trident and sighed.

-----------------------------

"Madeleine, my dear, just lay low for a few moons and it will be fine," Mallory begged.

Madeleine folded her arms.

"Yes, father never means to lose his temper," Meredith added. She took a comb made from mother-of-pearl and began combing Madeleine's long red hair with it.

"He's so unreasonable," Madeleine muttered.

Yes, but he's only looking out for you, you know," Mary offered from where she was cleaning her scales in the corner. "Anyway I don't see what's so wonderful about the surface. We have everything here."

"Indeed," Melanie added. "You can get sunburn up there, and you know how sensitive our skin can be. Besides, you could bump into a human."

A collective shudder went around the underwater cavern.

Madeleine looked up.

"What's wrong with humans?"

The sisters looked at each other.

"Madeleine, don't tell me you've met one of them?" Mary said slowly.

Madeleine flushed. "Well, not really, he was, well he didn't see me, he was caught in a storm and I helped him to shore-"

"Madeleine!" All the other mermaids stared at her in mortification. Mary looked to check that nobody was outside. "We will keep this a secret but you must never go back to the surface again and you must never, never contact another human again, do you understand!" She hissed.

Madeleine stared back at her sisters. They formed a semi-circle around her. Wordlessly, she swam out of the cavern.

---------------------------

In the solitude of her secret hideout, Madeleine pondered the events of the day.

"I must see him again," she murmured to herself. "But how?"

Out of the shadows in the corner, two manta rays emerged.

"Ssssiobhan," they said.

"The sea-witch?"

"Ssssiobhan can help you," they repeated.

Madeleine frowned.

"But..but my sisters..and Daddy. If I turn human, I'll never see them again."

The manta rays wound themselves around her and guided her to the exit.

"Ssssiobhan will help you."

As if in a trance, Madeleine let the manta rays lead her to the home of the sea-witch. ------------------------------------------

The cave was formed of old coral, covered with sea fungus so old and dense that the entire structure looked greyish-green. Madeleine shuddered.

"I'm not sure this is such a good idea," she began.

"Ssssiobhan can turn you human," the rays crooned.

Gulping, Madeleine entered the cave. At the far end, a scarlet light pulsed. Stalagmites grew from every inch of the sea floor and she had to swim carefully to avoid their jagged ends.

"Madeleine, I see you have finally come for a solution to your little problem," a voice intoned from the dark.

"Y-you know about it?"

"The sea-witch sees all and knows all." From the shadows a haggard creature appeared. Her hair was scraggly and grey, and her tail a ragged black.

"I know about your little crush on the human," Siobhan smiled. "And I can help you."

"You can?" Madeleine stammered.

"Yes. I have a little potion that can turn you human for three days." Siobhan bobbed about her cave, selecting glass vials from the shelves carved from the walls. "If you can gain the human's affections in three days you will remain human forever. But if, by the time the sun sets on the third day you have not..." Siobhan retrieved a spherical vial from the back of the shelf and turned to face Madeleine. "You will belong to me."

Madeleine frowned. "What exactly do you mean by gain his affections?"

Siobhan laughed. "Why, my dear, you are yet young and untrained in affairs of the human world. I mean, you have to get him to sleep with you. Willingly."

"Sleep with me?" Madeleine repeated.

"Yes. He has to mate with you."

Madeleine flushed. "Why, I can't possibly-"

"Well then, there is no time for idle talk. The manta rays will guide you home, to your sisters and the rest of the mermaids," Siobhan turned her back to Madeleine.

Madeleine quieted. She thought of Polaris, and the life she had led thus far, and she thought of the young man she had saved from the storm.

"Okay, I'll do it."

"Excellent," Siobhan beamed. She filled the vial in her hand with a potion from a cauldron nearby.

"Of course there is the issue of payment..."

"I have no gold or pearls," Madeleine said with shame.

"Oh no, I just want your voice."

"My voice? But how-"

"Don't worry my dear, I'm sure you'll find a way around that," Siobhan grinned. "How about it? I don't have all day, you know."

"Alright. I will do it," Madeleine said. Her face was set with resolve.

"Perfect. Now sign here and drink up." Siobhan gave the mermaid a pen made of fish bone and watched with glee as she signed the treaty.

Shaking, Madeleine took the vial from Siobhan. She looked down at her gorgeous green tail, waving gently in the water.

"Drink up," Siobhan prompted.

Nodding, Madeleine tipped the vial to her lips and drank. The liquid seared her throat like fire, and she gasped as she struggled to breathe. All she heard was Siobhan's laughter, as her tail gleamed white and split. A bright flame lit the cavern up and a striking pain speared her limbs.

The last thing she knew was the distant light of the sun above the surface beckoning to her.

-----------------------------------

"Help! Help, someone's hurt!" Stephen yelled as he burst through the palace doors.

"Oh my, oh my," Carlotta bustled to the door to greet the prince. "It's a lady!"

"Yes, please help to get her warm and dressed, I will call the physician," Stephen said, laying the girl down on a bed, covered in only his shirt.

"Oh yes, I will your Highness. Dear heavens she's unclothed! Please leave the room, sire, it is not appropriate for you to be here," Carlotta trilled, pulling the curtains around the bed.

Stephen nodded. He cast a lingering look at the closed door.

"I think I've found her, Fred," he said absently. Fred looked curiously up at him. "Let's go, she needs to rest."

----------------------

The sun was brilliant in the sky when Carlotta burst into Stephen's room.

"Sire, sire! The maiden, she's awake!"

Stephen got to his feet. "Oh, that's wonderful!" He followed his servant to the room where the lady was. Carlotta stood outside. "She's inside, sire."

"Good. Thank you. Make sure nobody enters without my permission." Stephen knocked on the door before opening it. He found himself swallowing nervously.

"Excuse me," he said. The room was small but well-furnished, and the bed-curtains were drawn. "Um, I heard you're awake? Are you well?"

Stephen could see the silhouette of the girl on the bed. She was sitting upright, and she nodded.

"What is your name?"

Silence.

Frowning, Stephen went closer. Curiosity burned in him and he parted the curtains.

There, before him, sat the maiden from the sea. To his deep shock she was naked.

"I'm so sorry, I thought Carlotta had dressed you," he looked away. He felt a hand on his arm. Flinching, he looked back at the girl. She was smiling. Her red hair was tousled and her eyes were blue as sapphire. "I...I don't understand."

The girl tapped her throat lightly.

"You can't speak?" Stephen asked. She nodded. "Okay...what's your name?"

He watched the words form on her lips and tried his best to read them.

"Ma..Maddie..Madge? ..Madeleine?"

Madeleine smiled excitedly. She moved closer to Stephen on the bed.

"I-I'm sorry, Madeleine, but I really..I can't be here with you like this." Stephen tried his best to avert his eyes but she was so comfortable in her skin, propped up on the bed, her knee just touching him. Her complexion was milky-white, her lashes dark as dusk, her neck graceful and fair, and her breasts...were small but curved and lush. Heat rose in him and Stephen made a great effort to stand up and away from the bed.

"I will send Carlotta for you when you are properly dressed," he said. Madeleine looked at him, confusion on her face. "Do not fret. We will learn more of each other soon."

He left the room. Madeleine watched him leave. Her skin tingled where his gaze had lingered. It felt so strange. Was this what Siobhan had said she must do? No, she knew what the act entailed..but he seemed against it.

Three days. She had three days to convince him otherwise.

------------------------

"A tour of the kingdom!" Stephen announced. Madeleine smiled up at him. They were in a horse-drawn carriage, and she was attired appropriately in a beautiful dress with a heart neckline. "Grimsby advised that such would be proper," Stephen continued. He returned Madeleine's smile.

The day went by perfectly. They went to the town market, where Madeleine peered excitedly at all the wares on sale, and touched each fruit in the stands with wonder. Stephen supposed she was from a distant land where the local produce was rare.

They saw a puppet show, attended a town-hall dance, and saw every sight the town had to offer. As dusk fell, they found themselves by a quiet lake. The horse and its carriage were tied to an apple tree nearby, and the horse was savouring the fruit on the ground.

"So...did you enjoy yourself today?" Stephen asked. Madeleine nodded, a huge smile on her face. He was happy to see her so. "Well that's great. It's not a very big town, but it's home," he continued, unfolding a large picnic blanket and gesturing for her to sit. Madeleine sat and folded her legs carefully under her. Stephen drew out a picnic basket from the carriage and laid it on the mat. "Carlotta packed this. I don't know what foods you like or where you're from, so I hope you'll like this," he said. Madeleine smiled. He offered her a sandwich and she looked at it curiously.

"So, where are you from?"

Madeleine frowned. She gestured toward the sea.

"Oh, Andalasia? Across the sea?" Stephen guessed, biting into an orange segment. Madeleine pointed harder toward the sea. "No? Grendale, then, just next to Andalasia?" Madeleine sighed and shrugged her shoulders. Stephen put down his orange and looked at her.

"You miss your home, is that it?"

Madeleine nodded slowly. Stephen watched her.

Instinctively, he drew nearer to her and put an arm around her. Madeleine flushed with pleasure and nestled closer. Stephen laughed.

"You know you're the queerest maiden I have ever met."

Madeleine beamed up at him.

The setting sun caught her smile in one of its rays, and Stephen was dazzled by it.

"You're also one of the most beautiful," he said softly.

Madeleine froze slightly. She looked up at her prince. His eyes traced her lips. Now was her chance! She leaned in and pressed her lips to his. Stephen was slightly startled but the softness of Madeleine's lips entranced him, and he leaned in closer to her. They embraced in the soft light of the sunset.

When they parted, Madeleine was breathing hard. She didn't understand these sensations that had never existed underwater.

Stephen tried to gather his wits about him. She was so beautiful, and so unaware of her beauty. The neckline of her dress had dipped in their kiss, and he could see the curve of her breast just above her collar. He swallowed and struggled to regain control. Unbidden, images of her naked form returned to him. Soft skin on the bed, porcelain limbs and the curves of her flesh, her parted thighs...

Madeleine laid her hand on his. He looked at her questioningly. She smiled encouragingly and took his hand, placing it on her neck. Transfixed, he kept his gaze locked with hers as she trailed his hand down, slipping it into the top of her dress. His fingers grazed soft, plump skin. Her nipple pebbled under his touch and her mouth opened on a mute moan.

In the distance the town bell tolled.

Startled, Stephen pulled his hand back. Madeleine looked disappointed. He looked at her for a long time, trying to figure out an appropriate response. Finally, he leaned in and kissed her on her forehead.

"Let's go back," he said.

-----------------------------

Siobhan screamed in rage and lashed out at her cauldron, in which the scene of Madeleine and the prince played out. The large pot trembled and split into tiny little smithereens.

"This is terrible! I shall have to stop this!" Whipping about her cavern Siobhan concocted a spell to turn herself human. She cackled with glee as she added the silvery mist that was Madeleine's voice into the mix. "I will have your prince, young mermaid," she laughed. "And then. And then, I will have you!"

------------------------------------

It was late at night. The moon was silver in the sky, and Madeleine lay in her bed. It was so frustrating. She had but one more day. Stephen had been occupied with Grimsby the whole day today, and she had only till sunset the next day to accomplish her plan. It was so difficult, he kept opposing her. But the last time..he had almost given in, she could see it in his eyes. When she put his hand down her shirt, his fingers closed around her skin. Madeleine gasped with the memory. Her legs clenched together. They were odd, these new limbs. She was not quite used to them yet, and she often tripped or over-stepped, and there was this issue with what lay at the juncture of them.

Madeleine pushed back the covers and looked down at herself. She took off her undergarments and peered closely at her privates. How strange, this soft-furred mound. It felt so..vulnerable. And yet, whenever she kissed Stephen, a pleasing sensation emanated from it. Madeleine wondered. She lay back on the bed and moved her hand between her legs. It felt pleasing when she touched it. The dips and folds, and the lip between that was a fleshy bump. She grew moist when she touched it, and she found her eyes half-closing in pleasure as she stroked herself. What was this? She knew of the mermen who mated with the mermaids, but it was nothing like this. It couldn't be. Perhaps she was in heat, perhaps this was the right time to mate with Stephen.

With that thought, Madeleine got up from her bed and cautiously opened the door. She had to make sure not to be seen. The corridors were empty. Quietly, she tiptoed down the hall to Stephen's bedroom. Without the slightest of sounds she crept in and closed the door behind her. In the moonlight, she could just make out Stephen's sleeping form on the bed.

Quietly, she slipped under his covers and cuddled up behind him. Taking a deep breath, she reached across his body and felt for his manhood with her hands.

Stephen was having an odd dream. Someone was fondling him most pleasingly. He felt his erection grow under the ministrations and suddenly jolted awake. He sat up and turned to see who it was.

"Madeleine!" He whispered. "What are you doing here!"

Madeleine said nothing. He could just make out a comforting smile in the darkness. Her hands did not stop stroking him. He gulped at the sensations she was creating. She stretched her arms further and slipped her hands under his waistband, touching his skin directly. A low groan formed in his throat as he felt her massage him gently but firmly, her soft fingers pliant on his arousal and soothing on his ball sacs.

"Madeleine we can't..."

She shushed him, turning so that they faced each other on the bed. She took his right hand and placed it under her night-dress. To his surprise he found that she was not wearing undergarments. His hand found warm, wet flesh between her legs. She shuddered visibly under his touch.

Stephen breathed raggedly. This was never in the rule-book for castle etiquette. He had no idea what to do. Perhaps --

"I will wed you," Stephen said under a groan. He brushed his fingers over Madeleine's soft pussy. "I will wed you in the morning, and we shall be man and wife. That is, if you agree," he said, almost-pained under her touch.

Madeleine smiled with delight. She took Stephen's hand away and knelt by his lap. It was so strange, this protruding organ. And yet...

Stephen's eyes rolled back in his head as he felt Madeleine's mouth engulf him. Her tongue circled the crown of his penis and he stiffened further in the wet glove of her mouth.

12