The Miller Ch. 02

Story Info
Margaret is subject to an unconventional job interview.
2.7k words
4.43
33.9k
7

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/25/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Margaret Frayne had walked from the train station since she could not stretch for the cost of a seat in a carriage. The wife of her previous employer had given her a few extra coins in her final pay, which Margaret suspected was the financial equivalent of her pity. Margaret had been deemed "unsuitable" for the position, the reason of which was left unstated, although both were aware that this was due to her ladyship's husband continually attempting to molest Margaret whilst she was at her duties. Margaret gave thanks that her ladyship chanced by the front parlour when she did, thus saving her virtue, although she did regret the loss of her position as a result. Lady Swansea had explained that this was "the best solution for all", and gave her a positive reference, but Margaret knew that a positive reference for a domestic helper that was relieved of her duties after only three months did not carry much authority.

Now she was on her own. She no longer had the means of the orphanage to secure her another position. She must fend for herself. It was great luck that she had found the advertisement in the newspaper for a lady's maid with "no experience or references required". She had written immediately applying for the position, advising of her limited experience and her one reference. The following day a letter was delivered to the rooming house where Margaret was staying. A Mrs Millar wrote by return, enquiring of her background. Margaret's heart sank. Being illegitimate would always be a barrier to acceptance in good households. She advised this Mrs Millar that she was an orphaned girl with meagre experience, one reference and seeking a position wherein she could demonstrate her dedication to hard work and pleasing her employer. What a surprise that Mrs Millar responded with an invitation to attend an interview with her the next afternoon.

So it was that Margaret stood at the doors to an impressive stone house, with large bay windows on each side of the ground floor, an ornate turret and the overwhelming smell of new money. Upon her knock, the door was opened by a middle-aged man whose formal posture was at odds with the informal nature of his gaze upon her.

Margaret wondered if her illegitimacy was showing like a fallen petticoat hem. "I am Margaret Frayne. Mrs Millar is expecting me."

"Come in, Miss Frayne. You are indeed expected." He stood by, allowing her into the formal entryway. "Let me take your coat. My name is Franklin and I am the Head Steward." Margaret shrugged out of her coat and glanced around nervously. "Please, follow me. I have been instructed to give you a tour of the house before taking you to the Mistress."

Compared to the Swansea's residence, the Millar's house was nothing to boast about. It was not so grand nor so ornate as her previous employers' home, yet this house was very tastefully appointed and featured furnishings in the latest silks and damasks. In fact, the contents of each parlour and the dining room itself were evidence that the house was designed to showcase the wealth of its owners in as tasteful a manner as possible. There was a basement, a ground floor featuring a front parlour, a dining room, a library (closed as the Master was at work) and, at the back, a ladies' morning room. An external wing at the rear of the house was where the buttery and the kitchen were located. On the first floor, explained Franklin, leading the way, was where the family's bedrooms were located, one for Master, one for the Mistress and of course the nursery. Off the nursery was the Nurse's room. The second floor was where her room would be located, he continued, surprising Margaret with the implied assumption of her employment. He led her into a room that was well lit by a large sash window and featuring an astonishingly fine four-poster bed. Margaret quickly noted the generosity of the room's furniture; a large vanity table, a wardrobe, a small writing desk and a low shelf. Compared to standard accommodations for domestic help this was almost opulent. How fortunate would she be to live like this! A four-poster bed no less and a gilded mirror!

"You like the room then?" Franklin enquired, watching her contain her reaction.

"Oh yes," Margaret breathed. "It is very, very nice."

Franklin smiled at her. "You are joined on this floor by myself, across the way, and in the room down the end of the corridor on the left is the housekeeper and cook, Mrs Latimer. Cedric, the groom, is located in his own quarters next to the stable." Franklin gestured once more to the stairs. "It is now time you met the Mistress."

Curiously, however, Franklin did not announce her to the Mistress as she had been expecting, but rather gestured to the door of the Mistress's room and told her to enter when she was ready. Then he nodded at her and left her standing in the hallway listening to his departure down the stairs. Margaret rapped lightly on the door and waited. She heard "enter" and did so to find herself in the Mistress's sitting room and before her on the sofa was the most astonishing sight.

"I am sorry! So sorry. I had thought I heard enter!" Margret rushed back to the door to exit again, blinking away the sight of the lady's plump breast in the mouth of the young man on the couch next to her.

"Margaret! Margaret, isn't it? I did say enter. Please, sit." Margaret turned around to find the lady of the house smiling and gesturing to an upright chair opposite the chaise upon which she was lounging with the young man. The young man did not stop his suckling on the lady's breast whilst Margaret entered again and took the proffered chair. Uncertainly, she kept her eyes cast down to her lap.

"Do not be uncomfortable, Margaret. If you are to be my maid, then you will need to get used to seeing me in various stages of dress, and used to seeing Cedric here relieve me of some of the milk from my breasts. I have employed a nurse now to take over the feedings, but I find that measures must be taken to relieve the pressure on my breasts." Margaret raised her eyes to find Vivian Millar smiling at her. "You have no need to cast your eyes away, dear. Cedric does not mind. In fact, it would appear that he is enjoying it." Vivian nodded to the crotch of the young man attached to her breast and winked at Margaret. Indeed, Cedric's pole was erect and clearly straining against the fabric of his trousers.

"Cedric, thank you. I need to speak to Ms Frayne now, why don't you go and seek some relief from your discomfort. I will call you later if required."

Cedric removed his mouth from her breast and licked the large brown nipple of the remnants of milk. "Yes, Mistress. Thank you." He stood up, nodded to Margaret and removed himself from the room.

"That was Cedric, Margaret. He manages the horses, among other things. A useful boy, as my husband says." Vivian watched Margaret, as if assessing her response to what she had just witnessed. Margaret's mind was in some shock. She had never before struck a lady who was relaxed about the exposure of her breasts to the help, nor one who was so casual in her recognition of a male's appendage. "We are not conventional here, Margaret," Vivian explained, as if reading her thoughts. "Nothing about the way this house runs is as you would expect. You will have a choice, Margaret, to embrace the unconventional, understanding that we are all of one household who love and support each other in our own way, answering to one man, or else you may choose to go elsewhere and find something more in keeping with your expectations of what domestic service is."

Margaret's vision of the upstairs bedroom with the lovely gilded mirror and large bed for herself was suddenly fading. Where would she go if they did not take her? "Madam, I am sure I do not judge the way my employer chooses to live. It is my position to accept my employer's choices and fulfil my role as best I can."

Vivian Millar smiled and, as if suddenly remembering, put her breast back inside her chemise and did up the front of her bodice. "Exactly. This is how it should be. But Margaret, you would not be treated as just domestic help here. Surely you have seen your room? We take care of all those in our household. In return, you will take care of us, in whatever falls to your position. Obviously, there will be times when we ask a lot of you. Perhaps more than you might expect. But Mr Millar is especially careful to ensure that you will not want for anything material. You will not need to worry about money or clothing or food whilst you are here. You will be thoroughly taken care of. To this end, your wage would be forty pounds a year."

Margaret felt a sudden breathlessness. So much! It was virtually double the expectations of any lady's maid. "Madam, with such generous employers as yourself and the Master, I can guarantee you would not find me ungrateful. I will work to serve yourself and the Master in whatever way I can."

"Of course you will! It is important for you to understand, however, that complete compliance and total service is expected of the position, Margaret. You will answer directly to me and, as Head Steward, you will also answer to Franklin. However, we all answer to the Master. My husband has very strict ideas on the kind of behaviour he expects, Margaret. Should you show disrespect or disobedience, you would be punished by him. Possibly severely."

"Oh Madam! I would never be rude or disobedient to the Master or yourself!"

Vivian's grey eyes took a moment to assess the young woman before her. As if making up her mind, she stood suddenly. "Well, as long as you are clear on that. Now, let's go downstairs so that you may meet my husband."

The Master was seated behind a great desk in the library when they entered. Vivian Millar announced her as "Margaret Frayne, my Lord" before exiting the room backwards and closing the door behind her. Margaret was instantly nervous. The man behind the desk looked up at her in blatant assessment. His blue eyes moved idly from one length of her form to the other. He did not smile at her. He did not greet her in any way nor welcome her. The first thing he did say to her was "turn around". Margaret turned around immediately and stood with her back to him, recalling Vivian Millar's advice on complete obedience to the Master. As she stood, she could hear the Master move from behind his desk towards her. She sensed, rather than saw, the size of the man. He was tall and broad and the hands he placed on her arms felt strong. He turned her around again to face the desk then stood back.

"Bend over the desk, Margaret." The order was delivered in a low tone, simply, as much an invitation as an order. "Stay bent over and do not move. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir," Margaret responded, remembering how she must embrace the unconventional and suspecting that this was as truly unconventional as placement interviews went.

The Master moved around behind her and Margaret drew her breath in shock as she felt him raise her skirts and lay them across her back, so that her rear, shielded only by the knotted kerchief, was exposed to him.

"Margaret, has my wife explained how things are run here?" The Master was standing behind her, but without touching her.

"Yes, Sir. I think so." Whilst alarmed, Margaret kept her mind firmly rested on the image of the lovely large bed and gilded mirror in the room above and on the forty pounds a year, for which any orphaned girl would gladly endure hardship to earn.

"What do you understand to be the most important point that my wife has raised with you, Margaret?" The Master stepped forward so that his thighs lightly touched her own.

Margaret knew the question was the test. "Sir, if I accept a position here, I must expect the unconventional and that I must do everything asked of me otherwise I might be punished."

"Correction, Margaret. There is no "might", you will be punished should you not comply." Then Margaret felt the Master move forward and push himself against her so that she could feel his hardness prod her rear opening. Margaret repeated "forty pounds" to herself over and over again and tried also to ignore the growing wetness between her legs that was a symptom of her illegitimacy. "Tell me, Margaret, who rules the house in which you would work?"

"You do, Sir," she responded somewhat breathlessly.

"Margaret, I am now going to run my fingers up your inner thigh and insert them into your cunt. What will you do, Margaret? Will you stand obediently or will you run and fend for yourself?"

Oh goodness! He wasn't going to touch her there, surely? Oh yes, he was! Margaret felt the Master's hand slide up against her inner thigh. Stay, she told herself. Stay. Oh yes, she would stay. The Master's fingers had edged aside the kerchief between her legs and she could feel one finger insert into her deepest secret place. Oh God, she was wet. He would know how wanton and wicked she truly was! The Master then inserted another finger inside her and he moved his fingers, pulling them roughly in and out of her cunny, till Margaret could no longer breathe properly and, against her will, her hips bucked against the Master's hand and she could only blush at the sound of the fingers sliding in and out of her slippery wet cunt.

"Oh, oh, oh no!" she cried, feeling an impending loss of control.

"Cum for me, Margaret," the Master intoned. Before she could think of compliance as an option, an agonising explosion of pleasure erupted between her legs and Margaret collapsed against the desk, her knees quivering and shame flowering inside her.

"Excellent, Margaret! You are a very compliant and obedient young woman. You will be a great asset to this house, I am sure. Stay there, please. Do not move your skirts from where they are."

Margaret listened as the Master moved to the doorway and summoned Franklin. A rush of humiliation filled her as she knew that, should he enter the room now, the Head Steward would see her like this, with her legs spread and her wet thatch exposed, her cunny juices dribbling down her thighs and the evidence of her illegitimate birthright for all to see.

She heard the men enter the room, felt the Master's hand caress her bottom. "Margaret has agreed to take up position with us, Franklin. She is a very compliant and obedient young woman, as you can see in evidence here." Margaret felt the Master run a finger through her wet cunt lips. "She has just cum for me beautifully. Touch her cunt here, Franklin, and experience how hot and wet Margaret is capable of becoming. She was dripping before she came on my hand." The Master removed his hand and Margaret felt the void filled by two more fingers that slid through her cunt lips, briefly pinching her bud, and then wiping themselves against her ass cheeks.

"A great boon for us, Master," Franklin agreed, looking forward to the moment when he would get to share her with the Master.

You may stand now, Margaret, and fix your skirts." Margaret did so, relieved to be able to cover herself. She turned to the Master as he informed her that Franklin would take her to fetch her things and that she would be paid as of today.

Margaret's delight at the offered security overrode any misgivings about the nature of her employment. After all, if they were accepting of the symptoms of her illegitimacy, surely she could be happy here?

"Thank You, Sir."

"Not, Sir, Margaret. From now on you will call me Master."

"Yes, Master."

Then suddenly Margaret saw the Master smile and it was like a deep well of honey in her belly.