The Mission of the Heart Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Embarrassed, I quickly stepped back, and noticed her chest was heaving violently up and down. She opened her eyes, and I noticed that they became darker and dilated somehow. Darker from... fear, maybe?

I pulled my mask in its proper place, while still staring back at her. Quietly, I started to walk towards her open balcony, while I heard a small whimper behind me.

"Wait," she croaked brokenly. "Can I at least know your name?"

Without stopping, I answered, "Call me Seventy-Six."

With that, I went out and crawled to the roof.

-------------------

(The prisoner stirred once again, careful to not make any noise. The prisoner doesn't know how long the sleep has lasted. Perhaps minutes, hours, maybe even weeks. But what the prisoner does know is the fact that things are going to get...much worse.

Carefully with a small pebble, the prisoner made a small mark on the wall, indicating how many times Andre the guard made his morning or nightly duty routine.)

-------------------

"You did what!?" Carrie asked the next day.

We were in my hotel room, and I just finished showering. It's a habit of mine to walk around naked in my room since it felt refreshing. Oddly enough, I was very comfortable being naked in front of Carrie. At first, she blushed when she saw me without a single bit of clothing on my body.

"Do you always walk around naked in your room?" she asked shyly, obviously trying to hide her blushing face.

I smirked, knowing full well that being commando in front of her makes her blush. "Why, yes," I said jokingly. "I always do, so get used to it."

Blushing again, she looked away, and asked," So what are you going to do about this whole Charlie situation?"

Sighing, I looked for my civilian clothes, "I don't know...I'm completely clueless about this whole thing!"

She sat on my bed, trying to hide a smile.

"Alright," I said, rolling my eyes. "Spill it!"

"You got it bad for her!" she giggled. "That is so adorable!"

"Fuck you!"

"Oh, I'm sure I'm not the one who you want to fuck!" she smirked.

I blushed.

"So you're going to her house tonight, again?"

I combed my hair, and gave her a funny look. "Of course! It's my assignment, you ass."

"Oh, I'm sure you now have different reasons than that," she smirked, raising an eyebrow.

Smiling, I didn't say anything to her comment.

--------------------

There I was again, lying on top of Charlie's roof. Same old, same old.

But this time, I felt an overwhelming amount of emotions scattered throughout my body. Hell, I almost got caught by one of the guards since I wasn't as sneaky to get into her property.

But. There I was, looking up to the stars naming as many constellations as I can. Then, I heard her shuffling inside somewhere in her room. A few minutes later, she opened her balcony door, and the goddess herself walked out of it. My eyes widening, I pulled my night goggles up, and took in the beautiful sight.

She was wearing a dark blue, long-sleeved shirt with short shorts. With her hair a little bit messy, she was bare foot. The way she dressed was simple, but whatever she wore still made her look breathtaking.

Obviously the daughter of Aphrodite herself, I thought to myself. Inching myself near the edge, I looked at her with complete amazement.

She started pacing back and forth, looking like she was deep in thought. Then, she stopped abruptly and looked up. Quickly, I laid myself on my back, hoping to God she didn't see me. I felt like a stalker looking at her like that. It was completely unprofessional of me.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash on the balcony. Completely forgetting about my night goggles, they somehow got detached from my head. The result? They fell and crashed probably in front of Charlie.

There was a twisting feeling inside my stomach, and I covered my mouth from cursing out loud.

"I-I know you're there," she said, forcing herself to say it louder. "Can you please come out?"

Fuck, I thought. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

As I was about to scramble out of there, she said with a pleading voice, "Please? I w-want to talk to you in p-person."

I stopped, and sighed. Again, I argued to myself in my head over and over again. Apparently, my left lobe does not agree with my right lobe that often. This time, my right lobe won again.

Slowly, I walked to the edge of the roof, and quietly jumped down right in front of Charlie. She was taken aback, but began to relax when she saw my familiar figure. Still crouching, I looked up and slowly erected myself. I stared at her shyly while putting hands at my back, showing her I wasn't any kind of a threat.

"Hello," she breathed, as she walked closer to me. I raised an eyebrow, surprised she's not a bit shocked finding me standing in front of her again.

"Hello again," I answered softly, hoping she won't recognize my own voice. "Is...everything well here?"

She took a couple steps closer to me, her green eyes sparkling underneath the moonlight. "Yes, everything is good. But...can you please come inside? Please?"

I bit my lower lip, and nodded lightly. She smiled, and walked back inside her room, glancing back at me a couple of times. Smiling nervously, I followed her.

Her room was now clean and well lit, but it was dim enough to have that relaxing atmosphere. I looked around the room, taking it in. It was actually quite lovely, fitting her personality well.

"I, uh, made some tea downstairs. Want a cup?" she asked nervously, shuffling to the door.

Sitting on her bed, I nodded to her and she scrambled her way downstairs. Pamela, Pamela, Pamela, I thought to myself. What the hell are you doing? Even though my body absolutely, and I mean a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y, want to sprint out of there, I couldn't. It seemed like I was glued down, like I wanted her to know I was actually there.

A few minutes later, she came back carrying a small tray, holding two cups of tea. Without making eye contact, she put it down on a night table next to the bed. I cleared my throat and slowly grabbed one of the cups.

I lifted my mask halfway as she silently sipped on hers, eyeing me with interest. I paused only for a second, and continued to lift it halfway. Then, I took a small sip.

"So," she said, leaning in a bit towards me, strands of her messy hair falling down to her collarbone. "Seventy-six. S-s-o you're, like, what. My personal bodyguard?"

"You could say that," I said after I took a small sip.

She nodded knowingly, hoping for me to go on. I cleared my throat, "That's all I can tell you."

She nodded again, but awkwardly. She fidgeted, looking down at the carpet, obvious there was a lot in her mind. I looked at her curiously as I set my cup on the table, then pulled the mask down.

"This doesn't make sense to me at all," she said as she awkwardly stood in front of me. "And I mean all of it."

I nodded, knowing full well what she might be feeling at the moment. Confused, fear, paranoia, etc. I put all my attention to her, hoping she will continue. She sighed with frustration, "Well, what CAN you tell me? B-b-because honestly, I'm scared. I'm absolutely terrified of s-something like t-the...'last time's' situation might h-happen again and g-god I don't think I can t-tak-"

"That's why I'm here, Ms. Carlson," I whispered to her, hoping my voice was soothing enough for her to relax. "You don't need to worry of any danger in the future as long as I'm here."

Without any making eye contact with me, she nodded as she looked sadly at the ground.

"How are you, Ms. Carlson?" I asked quietly, but professionally. As soon as she heard my voice again, her body stiffened. Then, she slowly and unsurely sat by my side, perhaps a little bit too close. Looking down at her lap, she was trying to say something to me, but hesitating to do so.

Instinctively, I put my hand on hers, hoping to throw out some comfort to her. It worked. Maybe a bit too effectively. She started to shake, and looked at me with her puppy eyes. This time, though, they weren't as playful or energetic. Sadness and fear overpowered those beautiful eyes of hers. The tears came next, it was if I broke a dam and all the water came rushing out.

"I'm so s-s-scared," she sobbed as she tried to wipe the tears off her face,"I-I-I-I've never been so scared i-i-i-n my l-life."

I've seen many people cry in my life, from a toddler to a 90-year-old man, enemies and allies. But not once did I feel protective or had any signs of sympathy when they cried, not until now. Charlie is crying in front of me, and a feeling of protectiveness I have for her increased by 110%.

Without thinking, I took off my boots and my leather gloves. Rather awkwardly, I put a hand on Charlie's shoulder, and looked at me questionably. Softly, I pulled her body into mine, hoping to comfort her in any way possible. She hesitated at first, sniffed, and eventually leaned into me.

I pulled Charlie into a full embrace while I pushed her gently down her back. She made sure her body was in contact with mine the whole time by clinging to me. So I laid myself down next to her as Charlie wept, her face crushing to my chest.

I uttered comforting words into her delicate ears, saying everything will be alright. Here and there, she'll squeeze her body even closer to my body, making me feel like my respiratory system will fail on me anytime soon. I let my arm be used as her pillow, while I rubbed her back for comfort.

We stayed still like that with Charlie weeping quietly, until she stopped. She slowly put her head up until we were face-to-face, our faces only an inch apart. Under the moonlight, her eyes were red and puffy, her hair tangled and messy. But I didn't care, she looked more beautiful as she ever was. Gently, I let my hand abandon her back and wiped her teary eyes. She closed her eyes.

"Ms. Carlson," I said quietly, hoping my voice wasn't quivering. "Trust me when I tell you this: I will protect you anyway possible. Anywhere you go, I will be hiding in the shadows" Another tear rolled down her cheek "but I won't interfere with your everyday life. Not until any danger " I wiped the tear off her face, letting my thumb glide across her baby soft skin "will be near you, that's when I'll strike." A soft whimper barely audible erupted from her throat.

"So you don't need to worry."

She opened her eyes, and a sign of trust was present. She nodded gently, as her hand went to my stomach. "Thank you," she said quietly," I don't know how I can ever repay you."

I smiled, "By keeping you alive, that's rewarding enough for me."

She looked at me again, knowing full well that my statement made an impact on her, and smiled. Snuggling, she slept safely and comfortably that night with me holding her in my arms.

I was in heaven.

--------------------------------------------------------

(Weakly, the prisoner tried to stay upright, but the body was too weak. Too broken. Too many torturous days in this hell.

A loud tap, and the prisoner didn't even flinch. Andre the guard was doing his routine, once again, which means another torturous session with "The Judge" afterwards.

This time, the prisoner did flinch of the thought of another moment with that man.)

---------------------------------------------

"We have a situation at Mexico," Carrie said to me matter-of-factly as she was typing away on her laptop. "An American CIA agent went missing a couple of weeks ago, and no one knows where he is. But an anonymous tip confirmed that he might be in this underground prison and-what the hell, are you even listening to me?"

I was staring blankly at the white wall in my hotel room, as I laid my body down on the bed. Shaking myself to come back to reality, I looked at Carrie," What?"

Not knowing whether to act shocked or just laugh her ass off, Carrie shook her head, a small smile forming on her lips. "Well, I'm just saying that if this thing at Mexico escalate, then The Agency might need someone to step in to make things right again."

I looked at her blankly.

"Someone with experience."

I looked at her blankly once again.

"And unlimited skills, Seventy-six."

"I know, Carrie, I'm not a dumbass," I said, smirking. "But I highly doubt if they send me in. They need to train people to level up. So I won't be surprised if they send a young one to...'prove themselves to the agency.' "

She shrugged as she closed her laptop and set it beside her." I'm just saying, just prepare yourself for the worse might yet to come."

I turned my head towards her and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sensing this isn't necessarily about the American spy."

"You catch on pretty quick, seventy-six," she sighed as she walked towards me. "I'm just...saying. Things might not go as planned."

She sat on the bed and laid herself next to me, her shoulder almost touching mine.

"I...I know," I said somewhat quietly. "I know things will definitely not go as planned. But, damn it! Just this once, I want to be happy."

She turned her head towards me, a look of concern crossed her face. "She makes you happy?"

I turned to her, and nodded. "Just the thought of her makes me happy. It... I don't know. I can't explain it, she just... does. Makes me happy, I mean, without any effort."

I turned my whole body to her.

"I want this, just this once. I don't care if it only takes a month, or months to be with her, but don't I deserve to be happy? Just this once?"

Carrie smiled, turning her little body frame towards me. She cupped my face and nodded, "I believe you deserve everything on Earth that'll make you happy. And if Charlie makes you happy, then go get her, Agent Seventy-Six."

I smirked, putting my hand on top of hers," Pamela. I told you to call me Pamela."

She smiled and nodded, "Pamela it is."

-------------------------------------------------

(The guard threw the prisoner into the cell harshly, and the prisoner's body made contact to the hard concrete floor once again. Spitting out blood, the prisoner tried to sit up, but failed. Unmoving, the prisoner can feel the splitting wounds oozing out blood, especially the one on the prisoner's face. A deep straight slice on the forehead, down through the prisoner's left eye, stopping on the collarbone.

The prisoner tried opening the left eye, but failed to do so when the pain became unbearable.

This time, the prisoner, staying unmoved on the ground, gave a small whimper.)

----------------------------------------------------

As the days went on, Charlie and I became unseparatable. During the day, we became very close friends, going shopping all the time and enjoying each other's company. At night, I would stay up on the roof, until she'll call to me. That's when I'd go down, and greet her.Then, we would talk about her day, opinions, and frustrations. In return, I'll tell her a bit about myself and my history with The Agency. But most importantly, we'd talk when we lay down on her bed. And this happened routinely for the next two months straight.

"How can anyone take that kind of treatment?" she asked incredulously. "That's inhumane!"

I shrugged turning my covered body to her, "Just the way it is for us."

She inched her way closer to me, "You know, I've been trying to figure out your age for the past, oh I don't know, two months. So. I got to know. How old are you?"

I smiled under my mask, "Guess."

She bit her lower lip, and tried to cut through my mask with her eyes. "Hmmm twenty-seven."

Trying to hold my laugh, I shook my head, but then gave her an escaped giggle. She pouted and tried to look offended, but laughed along with me.

"Am I way off then?"

"Close. Not bad. Not bad at all, Ms. Carlson."

She giggled, and slapped me playfully on my arm. "I told you to call me Charlie! So come on, out with it."

Shyly, I put a finger on her chin, making random soft circles on her soft skin. God, I love the feel of her skin. "Twenty-one. Going to be twenty-two next month."

She hummed, her green eyes sparkling up to me. Snuggling even closer to my chest, she took my hand, studying it closely.

"You know..." she whispered, "call me naïve, call me whatever, but I feel...I feel like there's something going on here. Do you agree?"

With her finger, she trailed a vein on my hand, back and forth.

"Am I wrong?" she mumbled when I didn't reply.

I pulled my hand away from her, and her body stiffened. Sighing, I let my fingertips glide along the side of her neck and the side of her face. In response, she shivered, her hand fell on my forearm.

"There's something going on here," I said shyly, my finger tracing her earlobe. "I was afraid..."

Gingerly, her head rose from my chest, and snuggled to my neck. I forgot to breathe.

"Afraid of what?" she asked so softly, but every movement of her lips I felt on my neck. "Please tell me?"

My chest started heaving violently, my body temperature incredibly hot. I couldn't breathe well through my mask.

"Hmmm..."Charlie hummed, knowing full well my breathing pattern changed. "Why won't you tell me?"

"Because I can't...can't think," I gasped as her fingers raked across my stomach. I can feel her smiling on my neck. Gently, she started lifting my mask up, but I stopped her. A second passed, then two seconds, then three.

Inching her way up, she put her forehead to mine, and gently landed her lips onto mine. It was now harder for me to breathe through my mask.

"Shhhh..."she cooed, her lips still on mine through the mask. She started lifting my mask up again. "I trust you completely" she gently bit on my mask, gently pulling it with her teeth "don't you trust me?"

I started shaking, and pulled her to me tightly, as she quickly took my mask off. Completely. The side we were laying on had a bit of moonlight shining on us, but the other half was completely dark. I crushed my lips to hers, desperate for her lips. Quickly, I rolled her over to the other side, and she whimpered as she wrapped one of her legs over to me, pulling me even closer.

Her hands found the tie of my hair, and removed it completely, letting my long hair hover around her. She grabbed the back of my head and pulled it to her with force, I couldn't breathe. Oxygen was a rare thing at the moment. I couldn't even think. All I can feel is this abnormally high body temperature of mine, and my blood so hot that it feels like acid going to ooze out of my skin.

Shyly, she pushed her tongue in, wiggling its way in.

Electrical. That was the perfect word, it was if two wires jolted into life. It was hot. Definitely too hot for clothes to cling onto my body along with my weapons. I needed to get them off, and I needed to get them off now.

Grunting, I struggled to sit up, I can feel the sweat on my skin covering 100% of my body. Charlie growled, refusing to let my body uncling to hers, she hooked her other leg over. With her two legs, she strongly pulled my hips to hers, her hands like chains on the back of my head.

She started to grind slowly, her tongue trailing from my mouth, down to my chin, then to my bare throat. I hissed, turning into goo.

I struggled to sit up again, but her hands were like claws, gliding down my sides. I let out a little whimper, and she dared to let out a small giggle as she continued to suck on my neck. I couldn't take it anymore. With my trembling hands, I grabbed her hands and put them above her, I can hear her ragged breathing. It was if she just ran a full marathon.

We can only see each other's body outline, which I was thankful for since she couldn't see my face.

"Stay there," I breathed in her ear, my breath sending shivers throughout her body. She whimpered, her lower lip trembling with need.

"Seventy-six...please..." she said brokenly, trembling. She tried leaning towards me, her head eagerly trying to meet mine, and knowing full well her hands were above her.