The Model

Story Info
She makes a promise it's embarrassing to keep.
9.1k words
4.27
104.2k
8
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story deals with an older lady who gets herself in a difficult situation through a promise made in a weak moment. Ultimately it costs her a big piece of her modesty and a severe test of her bladder, when she becomes a most unexpected kind of model.

* * * * *

Chapter 1

It was approaching the time to prepare for her appointment. Fran Merryman steeled herself as she looked at the clock. It read 12:15 - the dreaded appointment was set for two in the afternoon. She had less than two hours before what she was sure was going to be one of the most embarrassing events of her life. Her heart raced a bit as she thought about it. How could she ever have got herself into this? No matter - the deed was done, now she just had to go through with it. Hopefully she could could get there and back without encountering anyone who knew her.

She had made the appointment two days ago. The place was of her own choice - a location where she felt no one would know her, a place where she hoped, in fact, that there would be no one except the person she was to meet. She had only met him once, and he didn't really know how she was going to be involved. To him it would be, she hoped, only a professional engagement.

Fran was not an insecure person, or one without means. Now at sixty two, she had been divorced some twenty years, after a marriage that had turned sour and led to an unpleasant settlement. Faced with the need to support two growing children, she had relied on her own resources, having little from her ex-husband. Fran was an investment advisor, having spent many years with a firm in the business of managing finances for mostly wealthy clients. She had achieved financial independence, financed educations for two children now grown and departed, and acquired a good reputation in her profession and her community. Financially, she had done well. Usually she dressed in conservative professional attire for her appointments, but she pondered what was appropriate for today.

While thinking over what would be appropriate attire, she realized she had another item of preparation she needed to attend to. She went into her kitchen, poured herself a large glass of ice water, and drank it down. She waited a few moments, then followed it with another. Then she returned to her bedroom.

She looked over her wardrobe, trying to select the most suitable attire for this occasion. She decided a dress was necessary, and she chose a navy blue one, heavy enough to wear without a slip, and one that buttoned in the front. She didn't relish having to wrestle with something that fastened in the back. It was a warm day, and she would not wear a jacket.

She carefully selected her underwear. Usually lingerie was not of great importance to her, but today, well, it could indeed matter. She picked out a white bra and white panties. She would not wear pantyhose, or any hosiery. Today it would be better to be bare legged.

She dressed with her usual care. She checked her gray hair, which she refused to tint and wore at shoulder length. Looking at herself in her mirror, she was satisfied. At her age, she knew she was not going to win any beauty contests, but she was well groomed and in good taste. Perhaps she wore a few more pounds than she had twenty years ago, but her body was, she felt, in good shape, allowing for some minor sags and lines. She wore little make-up, but carefully looked over some small lines in her face. Well, she thought, at sixty two surely he will expect a few flaws!

She considered her jewelry, then decided to leave it off. Earrings she usually wore, but not today. She fastened on only her wrist watch. Time would be important - she must not be late.

Dressed to her satisfaction, she checked the time. It would take her perhaps an hour to drive there, she would need to leave within twenty minutes. There was still one item of preparation needed. She needed a bit more to drink - it would important to have sufficient liquid in her. She considered her coffee pot, then decided instead again on water. Coffee might go through her too quickly - she didn't want to create a problem for herself before she got there. She poured another large glass of ice water, and drank it slowly. She had skipped lunch, so her stomach was empty. She decided a bit of nutrition might be good, so she followed the water with a large glass of orange juice, then repeated with another glass..

She checked the clock. She still had a few minutes. She wondered if what she had consumed would be enough for the requirements she expected. Doubtful, she took another glass of the water and downed it slowly. Her stomach was feeling quite full.

She made a quick visit to the bathroom to relieve herself, then returned to the kitchen. Taking a liter bottle of soda with her, she went outside, locked the door, and went to her car. Carefully she backed out and began her journey. Desperately she wished this day were over, yet she knew she had to go through with it.

As she drove toward her chosen location, she reflected in how she could have got herself into this situation. Her mind raced back over events of the last twenty years.

Chapter 2

Fran had been a bit over forty when she first met Marvin Burnside. She was fresh from a messy divorce, trying to make sense out of a disrupted life and harsh financial circumstances. She was left with a son and a daughter to raise, an ex-husband who had managed to exit the marriage with a settlement that left her a house but not much else. Fran had worked in financial planning for several years, but until now personal finances had not been a real problem for her. She was trying to put her life together, support her children, and sort out a variety of legal problems. Romance was not on her mind - she had had quite enough of men in that regard.

Marvin had shown up at the conference her company had set up in San Francisco. He was in the same profession, living in Oregon. Fran lived in the south - although she made a number of business trips in conjunction with her work.

It was Marvin who had struck up a conversation with her when she was feeling alone, and just a bit unwelcome. He introduced her to other professionals. She became aware that he had separated from his wife years earlier, and lived with a teenaged daughter. There were things they could share.

There was no romantic spark between them - in fact there never would be, really. He was a professional colleague she saw only on business trips, where frequently their interests crossed. She did get his business address. He offered to advise her in her professional development.

Over the next five years, they met half a dozen times, always at some point away from both of their homes. They would have dinner together, at times. One early incident Fran would recall with amusement.

She had been staffing a booth at a conference for financial planning. Her coworker was called away unexpectedly, and she was left to staff it alone. The rules she was under was that the booth was to be staffed all day, lest prospective clients arrive and be lost. She had been there several hours when Marv came by, giving her a warm greeting and trying to engage her in a bit of conversation. After a few minutes he sensed she was a bit nervous and was fidgeting a bit. "What's the matter? Don't you feel OK?" he had asked her. She waited a moment, then replied in a low voice, "Truth is, Marv, I'm not supposed to leave here, and I have to pee something awful!" Marv laughed at her, then replied, "Tell you what - lend me your badge and I'll stay here a few minutes and be you - even if a poor substitute! You're entitled to a bathroom break!"

That little event would become a favorite theme of their infrequent encounters. Before departing for lunch, or some event together, he would inquire of her "Need a pee break first? We don't need any problems with you!"

Over the ensuing years. Marv had encountered a number of clients transferring south, and referred several of them to Fran. He had given her favorable introductions to several other prospects, and gave her material assistance in preparing presentations for the seminars she had to put on and manage. It was Marv who got her into a professional society, and then nominated her to national office a few years later.

More recently, Marv had joined with her in planning their society's national meeting, and helped elevate her to professional prominence. Yet they remained only close business friends - never had they had they had a real romantic encounter.

Twice she had taken trips with him, on the way to business conferences where they simply shared a car. The most intimate event occurred while driving along an isolated highway on one of these trips. It had been quite a while since they had a rest stop, and Fran was feeling a bit uneasy with a full bladder. Marv had sensed her discomfort, and failing to find a rest area with facilities, they had wound up pulling off the side of the road, where both, in turn, and not together, had relieved themselves on the sheltered side of the car.

Recently, she knew their relationship was winding down. Both were nearing the age where retirement loomed. There was one more conference in Vancouver, which they would attend together. Fran looked forward to it with mixed feelings, anxious to see her old friend, yet feeling sorrow that the final parting was probably imminent.

They went out to dinner together after the events of the second and last day. Marv had planned it would be special. He took her to an elegant restaurant, reminding her of the many meals they had shared, but admonishing her as they arrived, "This one's on me - you don't pickup the tab this time! And do you need a pee break before we sit?" Fran laughed at his reference to their private joke, and his memory that she, in true professional style, had often picked up the check for their times together.

They reflected overt their many times together. Marv shared his plans with her. "You know I have a partnership in Australia, and I'm planning to go there in a couple of months to retire. Of course, I'll keep busy, but it will be a different life for me. You know I will miss seeing you!" Fran shared her concerns for her own future, expecting to stay where she lived, but looking to a less cluttered life. They shared their plans and memories.

"I want to remember you, Fran. You know after all these years, all I have of you is a couple of convention snapshots."

"Do you need a picture of me to remember what I look like? Maybe I can find one. Would you like one of me in my present deteriorated state, or as I was twenty years ago?"

"I want to remember you as you are - and you're not deteriorated - you've become more gracious over the years, and I want to remember the finished product."

"You're a flatterer - always were!" Fran responded. "I'll get you a photo, maybe even a few of them. After that statement, you can have any kind you want!" "Thanks, I'll remember that. I find you worth remembering. I'll give a bit of thought on what I'd like."

They reminisced a bit about what they knew of each other. Fran had shared a bit of her interests over the years, but she knew little of Marv's personal hobbies. She recalled that he had been interested in boating, and had once owned one. Then she remembered that he had mentioned a photo art collection.

"You know, I really should get you a retirement gift. After all you've done for me, you won't even let me pick up the check for our farewell banquet! What would you like?"

"You don't need to give me anything, Fran - just knowing you has been enough. Anyway, you've already promised me a picture."

"That reminds me - you have talked about your collection of photographic art - I've only seen those couple of pieces you showed me. Are you still adding to it?"

Marv smiled. "What I showed you was a small piece of it. Yes, I still have it, and add to it when I can. You've seen a sample - you know my interests! I shouldn't admit it - but I find it hard to get the additions I really like!"

Fran remembered the sample. "What you showed me were very artistic photos of women; and, as I recall, rather undressed! Now admit it, were any of them your girl friends? Or did you see them as very impersonal, like, for example, the lady in the picture over there?"

Marv looked across from their table to a large painting on the restaurant wall. It showed a somewhat corpulent lady, reclining nude. "You know I've been interested in art - I hope I can devote more time to it. I find the female figure a marvelously graceful art form. No, none of the models were really friends. I buy the photos, or they are given to me. The ones I like best I frame and display, the others I keep in albums. I try to get photos of the models in poses that reflect their interests, or show them in activities that they would appear to enjoy - I like to see the models depicted not as statues, but as real persons, doing real activities in an artistic way. It's not easy to get them, which is, I suppose, why I value them so."

"That one over there doesn't seem to be doing much of anything!"

"I know, and if that were a photo, instead of a painting, it wouldn't be a candidate for my collection. Besides, the model's too young! But she does have a few extra pounds. Now, some would see that as a drawback, but not me. I like especially the photos that show real persons, as they really are, warts and all, but still posing gracefully in whatever they're doing. You know, grace isn't just young and firm lines - it's how a person carries herself, her self-confidence, her acceptance of herself as she is. That's what I like to see depicted - not just some young thing without her clothes on!"

"You're still an old flatterer! I think you're just trying to make me feel good. At my age, don't talk about the warts showing - I'd have to admit to a few!"

"Really? I've never noticed any. You carry yourself with poise and confidence. I always found you the picture of the confident businesswoman. If you've got warts, they wouldn't matter, because they're never apparent!"

Fran laughed a bit. "You've never seen me the way I step into the shower! You might change your mind!"

"Would I? Really think I would? You would should grace and good taste in any state you were in!"

"Stop it. Now you're just being flattering. It's too late for that. I don't need it any more!"

Suddenly Marv sat up a bit, studied Fran carefully, and then asked her, "Earlier you said you'd get me a set of photos of yourself, any kind you could. Did you mean it?"

"Of course, Marv. You know I would. It's the least I could do for you. Have you any special desires?"

"Yes, indeed, Fran. But remember you already promised!"

"Sure, Marv. What are your wishes?"

"I want you to get me a set of photos of yourself that would fit the style of my collection. They would be the crowning piece! That's the gift I would like from you! I would treasure it - and I want you to get a good professional to take them - I really would love it!"

Fran's smile turned to look of surprise. "Are you asking me to get photos posed like the ones you showed me? Dressed like - like that woman in the picture?"

"It would be the best memory I could have of you - seeing you the way you really are, even if I never saw you that way in person. It would be great if you got a dozen or so, different poses. You would make the most graceful model in any of the photos I have"

Fran looked him squarely in the eye. "You mean nude?"

He nodded. "I would never use them to embarrass you. They would go to Australia with me. But I would love to have them. You would make the most gracious model I could imagine!" His look was one of pleading.

"A sixty-two year old model, posing nude. Artistically." Fran was a bit shocked. She pondered his request.

"I'd like them in an outdoor setting - you always looked good outdoors. Try to get them in active poses - I'd really like that. A good photographer could pose you - you would such a fine, graceful model. And, oh yes, try to get two or three with you engaged in that activity we always joke about."

"Which is?"

"What do I always ask if you need to do, before we start something?"

"Pee?" Fran responded, incredulous.

Marv nodded again. "Remember that time beside the car? You were such a good sport about it, and so gracious. I think you could make the most artistic display if you were photographed peeing - I'll bet you could do it so gracefully! It would be something to remember you by - our favorite joke, and something only we could share. Please, I'd love it. Would you?"

Fran considered her answer. She had made a promise. Marv was an old friend, to whom she felt owed gratitude. He had never asked her for anything like this; they had never had sexual encounter. He wasn't asking for one. How could she ever deliver on this? But, how could she refuse, and after all, what real harm was there in it? She was confident Marv wouldn't use anything he wanted to embarrass her. She trusted him.

"OK. If that's what you want for your retirement gift, you'll get it. But give me a little time - I've never had pictures of that kind made before!"

"I thought you hadn't! That's what would make them such a special keepsake! Thank you!" Marv's gratitude seemed genuine.

Marv didn't pursue his request further, until the end of the evening. The spent the rest of it together, and, past midnight, Marv delivered her to her hotel. As they parted for the night, and, she knew, possibly for the last time, he looked at her. "My pictures? You will remember - I always want to remember you!"

"You'll get them, Marv, I promise. Just like you asked". They exchanged a few final words, and then an unexpected embrace. She went to her room, a bit sorrowful that a bright chapter in her life was ending.

Chapter 3

On the flight home, and for days afterward, Fran couldn't get out of her mind the promise she had made. At times she wondered why she had agreed to such a thing. She thought about calling Marv and saying she couldn't do it, and offering an apology. She thought of sending him a note that his request was just, well, inappropriate, if not indecent! But Fran was a person of integrity, a woman of her word. She had had a chance to turn him down, and she hadn't. She had agreed. And, she reflected, it wasn't as though he had asked for some kind of sexual liberty, or tried to seduce her. He hadn't. All he had done was asked her to get some photos made. But, never, never, never in her life had she posed for photographs like he wanted. She hadn't even seriously thought about it. Where could she find someone she could trust to photograph her as Marv wanted?

Once home, and busy with other obligations, Fran procrastinated. She tried to put her promise to Marv out of her mind - temporarily. Days went by. They grew into two weeks.

She realized time would run out. If she were to keep her promise to Marv, she had to get him her gift before his retirement and departure. She was embarrassed, at times angry at herself for having made such a promise. But now she was forced to deliver, or go back on her word. Her word, she reflected, was the important item. She must do what she promised.

She consulted her phone book, looking for photographers. She scanned the yellow pages, trying to find one that would fit her need. She marked the ones who specialized in what were called glamour photos. She hardly considered herself glamorous, but these were the ones who would most likely do what she wanted. She checked addresses, nothing close to home, she thought; she might be recognized. She looked for ones in remote areas of the city, where no one would likely know her. She wanted a small shop, not one well known. Gradually she narrowed her list. Finally she found one that seemed suitable. "Granger Photography - Portraits, Parties, Weddings, Glamour Photos", the listing read, in small type. Only one telephone number. Probably, she thought, a place not too big, wouldn't have a big staff, unlikely to know her or do work in her area or among her friends. There was a horrible thought! Suppose she engaged one and later he was the photographer at a wedding she attended! Would he show recognition? She thought, and thought.