The Music of the Mind Ch. 06

Story Info
Sympathetic sounds.
3.2k words
4.82
34.1k
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 6 of the 17 part series

Updated 10/16/2022
Created 10/04/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 6: Sympathetic Sounds

I got home and crashed on the couch for about four hours. It was nearly ten by the time I woke up and ordered a large take-out meal of Chinese food. I thought I might call Jill and see if she wanted to come over. The doorbell rang and I ran to the door in my bare feet, shirt un-tucked and hair sticking up from my nap.

I opened the door to find Cynthia standing there. I must have looked truly stunned for she just stood there a moment before speaking.

"Umm, hi Mike." She looked scared, no she looked petrified. I pulled myself together and reached for her note. She was completely on edge, unsure of herself, and scared of my reaction to finding her on my doorstep. I reached out and gave a gentle note that I was okay, that I meant her no harm, and I smiled at her. Believe it or not I think the smile had the biggest impact, I felt the notes it created flutter through her.

"Cynthia, hi, how are you? Are you okay, you look pale." I said stepping aside and motioning her into my messy condo. "Please excuse the mess."

She waved it away with one beautifully sculpted hand. "It is fine, I am sorry to burst in on you so late. I wanted…I wanted to thank you for helping me in my store the other day, and for locking up and…" she broke off, I could feel the embarrassment in her, and the confusion. I soothed her embarrassment as I spoke.

"Hey, I am happy I was there to help, are you okay now? You looked like you were having a bit of a crisis." Yeah, a bit is an understatement. Still, what was I to say, hey I know all your deepest darkest secrets and I was the one who turned your life upside down because I was trying to get some revenge on you, but then chickened out and tried to help you in my screwed up way….

"I'm okay. Look..ummm." She was still scared, she wanted to talk to me, I could feel it, but I decided to not dig deeper to let her say it at her pace.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, Why don't you sit down, let me get you a drink. Glass of wine?" She sat down heavily, and nodded thankfully. I hurried to the kitchen and poured a couple glasses of an expensive red I had bought on the way home the other night with my new wallet. I returned and she smiled as I handed it to her. It was like the room lit up, man she was beautiful I thought. Then it occurred to me that this was the first time I had ever seen a smile on her that I thought might be genuine. I sat down in a chair across form her.

She took a long pull from her glass, and then looked at me. I kept her mind in my thoughts, but only at a surface level, for some reason I wanted to let this unfold as it should. I was very curious why she was here, especially given our history. Finally she spoke, and her voice was soft, almost childlike.

"Why did you help me? I mean the other day, I…I mean, after our date and…" she blushed a deep red and I could feel her embarrassment, and shame. Wow she had come a long way I thought. "Well I was very cruel to you, and you got hurt, and I was just so…so awful to you. Why be so kind to me?" She was puzzled, but there was more to this I thought. I let myself sink a little deeper in her mind. It was close to the surface really, she wanted to have faith that people could just be kind and good, even when they didn't have to. She was looking for some basic faith in humanity again.

"Cynthia, I have to admit when I found you crying on the floor, there was part of me that wanted to walk away, to leave you to your problems. But, then I realized I didn't really know anything about you. That we all have an ugly side, what if you had a beautiful one too, and I had just had the misfortune to encounter you in a bad time in your life. Besides, though I helped you, I really helped me too."

"What do you mean you helped yourself?" she looked puzzled.

"Well, by helping you I was forced to forgive you, and to let go of my hurt and anger, to just recognize you as human. As someone that needed help. I am glad I helped, it made me feel good about myself." This was true, but on a level she couldn't ever know.

She just stared at me for a moment. I could feel the disbelief in her; I could feel the fear, the old need for control way down in her. I reached in and stilled that, and plucked the note 'It's okay, I am a friend, I won't lie to you. I won't hurt you. I am a friend…'

"No one has ever done anything like that for me before." She looked wistful, distant and I could feel her looking back across all the years since her youth, and all the pain and misery in them. There was such a weight of grief and guilt there. She felt as though she had awakened from a bad dream to find she had been acting it out for 20 years.

"Well maybe you never needed someone to before."

"No, I don't think I needed anyone, at least I didn't think I did." She looked a little lost. I think she had expected me to act differently. I could feel in her mind the confusion. She had expected me to not be kind; in fact she had expected cruelty. It would have helped her turn away from the painful path she was walking now.

"What about now?"

She nodded yes, and tears began to slide down her pretty face. I handed her a tissue.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to make you upset."

She shook her head no, mopping her eyes. "No, it's just." She shuddered "Everything is so strange to me now. It feels like I don't know what to think or feel. I have been so wrong, treated people so badly."

"Hey, it's okay. Better to learn now rather then later. Glass is half full. Remember? The past is done, look at all the time you have left in this life. We are both in our thirties right? We have most of our lives ahead of us." I injected a small note of optimism in her. She needed it, her thoughts were pretty dark.

"Look, I'm sorry to show up here, and cry all over your couch. I just, kept thinking about how nice you were. I kept thinking about that awful night when we went out." She paused looking at her hands and wringing the soggy tissue. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for how I acted that night. I'm sorry I was such a bitch, and that you got hurt." She paused for a brief second then whispered. "I'm sorry for my whole damn life."

She was full of misery. What could I do, what could I say? I felt through her emotions, then it dawned on me.

"Cynthia, I forgive you. It's okay. It is in the past. As far as I am concerned, we have a clean slate, and thank you."

She looked at me with disbelief in her eyes, and thoughts. I reached in and firmly planed the note. "Believe me. I mean it. You are forgiven." She smiled then again, even though the tears.

"Thank you." She said in a whisper, and I handed her another tissue.

"You're welcome. Now, since we are friends, can I ask you what happened the other day? I would like to listen and I think you need to talk."

She sat and I could feel the hesitation in her, but I could also feel the need, the need to talk to anyone. I could feel the fact that she didn't want to talk to any of the people who had been her friends, that they disgusted her now. That she felt alone. Then it started, slowly at first but with building speed. It was as though she had to get it all out, had to vomit up this great painful thing that she may get well. She told me about her father, but in detail that I had been unable to read from her mind. She told me of her life, of the person she was, and how she hated the idea of herself now. I reinforced feelings of strength and determination in her as she spoke.

Finally she talked about confronting her father, then her sisters. That he had admitted to her he was wrong, that he had apologized. Then she told me something I didn't know, that both her sisters had called him, and confronted him too. Then they had called and told their brothers. There was a great storm from the boys, but in the end they accepted it, and she now had four siblings she had thought lost to her. This gave her great joy. She even learned that she was an aunt several times over.

By the time we had finished talking it was past midnight. She was exhausted beyond the levels of normal physical endurance, and I was pretty spent myself.

"Why don't you just curl up on my couch for the night, It is a long walk back to your place. I promise I am a perfect gentleman. I could even loan you some pajamas if you don't mind flannel, or that they are cut for a man." I said with a dopy grin.

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "The old me never would have, but I think I will. I'm so tired, I'm not sure I could make the walk, and you would find me asleep on a park bench halfway there."

"Well we can't have that; I don't want to get in the habit of getting you home and in bed." I said with a laugh. "Let me get your things."

I got sheets and blankets out of the closet, and made up the couch for her. Then I gave her my soft blue flannel pajama's and told her if she needed anything to give a call.

I climbed in bed in my underwear since my only pair of pajama's was being put on in the bathroom by a goddess. Oh well, at least they would smell nice tomorrow I hoped. I listened to the water running in the bathroom as she got ready for bed, then saw the light go out. A short while later the light in the living room went out, and I drifted off to sleep.


I felt her in my mind before I felt her. She kissed me gently on the lips, her mouth warm and soft. She slid against me as her mind slid into mine. She was scared, very scared, but she wanted me, no she needed me. She wanted to give herself to me. In her mind I could feel that this would give her peace, that this would help her feel as though this would truly heal her guilt, her pain, and mostly her loneliness. She feared sex. It was power to her, nothing more. She had never enjoyed it; she had never had the chance. She thought maybe, just maybe, that with me she could leave that behind.

I kissed her back, let my mind enwrap her. I soothed her fears, and fed the desires of her passions. I stroked her mind as I had Tuyen's, yet with more skill, more care. She moaned into my mouth as my hand slid slowly up and down her side just grazing her lovely large breast. Apparently she had left my pajamas in the other room.

I didn't think too much this time, I just let my mind flow into hers and my body follow the signals she gave me there. When she wanted me to touch her breast I did, and when she wanted me to twist her nipple I gave it just the right twist.

We kissed for the longest time before I moved my mouth down to her breasts. They were full and firm, with large beautiful nipples that stood erects when I tongued and kissed them. She moaned softly, and writhed under me.

She was breathtakingly beautiful; her pale white skin was flawless, and her stomach firm yet soft. Her shapely ass and legs were large enough to give her a delicious look like Marilyn Monroe. I drank her in; I filled her mind with passion and touch, and arousal. She was floating in a dream of passion. It took me a moment to realize I was too.

I continued to gently tongue and suck one of her nipples while I pinched and twisted her other. She moaned, gently writhing against me, her body and mind on fire. I let my attentions linger there until I could feel her need urgent for more, her mind filled with want and I began to kiss softly down her belly. In her mind I only breathed on the notes of sensation from her nipples so that her arousal from them would not diminish as I moved my attentions.

As I kissed to the top of her pussy I found it neatly trimmed, and smelling of her sex. I kissed around it, kissing the soft inner skin of her thighs, and licking the crease where her leg met her body next to her wet pussy. She shuttered. I could feel in her mind how much she liked the teasing, the slow gentle build in her. It was very different from the sex she knew.

Finally, I dragged my tongue slowly up just the top of her wet swollen labia. She shuttered and I felt a new note spring to her mind, powerful and pulsating. I held it gently as I slowly lowered my mouth onto her, taking all her swollen lips into my mouth. The note exploded in power as I held it. I stoked it gently in her mind, and I could almost feel what she felt. I could almost feel what my mouth felt like upon her swollen clit.

I pushed it away as I gently strummed it to higher passions as I sucked her. Suddenly the sympathetic tone of a building orgasm formed in her. Like all the notes vibrating together, like a resonance of passion and pleasure. I gently sucked her, flicking my tongue across her swollen lips, and up and down the outside of them never actually touching her clit directly. As I felt the orgasm build in her mind, I felt her flesh swell in my mouth until she burst. Her fluids flooded my mouth as her mind rang in a beautiful harmony of sound, like the ringing of a thousand bells.

As she came down from the orgasm I stroked the notes of her passion, not letting it fade. She began to pull at me, to drag me up to her. I climbed up her body kissing her belly, then her breasts, then finally her lips. Her hand snaked into my boxers and I felt my cock grow only slightly to accommodate her desires.

"God I need it now, please." She moaned into my mouth between kisses.

I pushed my boxers off and settled between her spread legs. I let my cock rest on her very wet pussy lips, and I slid it up and down them slowly as I kissed her. She moved her hips, trying to take me into her. Her mind was on fire, and her body trembled.


Slowly I moved my hips dropping the head of my cock into her wet opening, and pushed it into her. Her pussy was very tight, and I moaned as I felt her warmth and the need of her mind. She grabbed my hips, pulling me all the way into her. I felt two notes spring to life in her mind as I slid all the way into her, and suddenly I remembered the same notes appearing as I made love to Tuyen. They must be her g-spots. I began to slowly fuck her, and as I did I stroked the note for her clit, and the two new ones for her rectal and clitoral g-spots. Her eyes grew very wide as she shuttered with wave after wave of pleasure. I could feel my own pleasure almost lost in feeling hers.

Her orgasm I let build slowly, holding it back and slowly adding on it in layers of desire and sensation. The world around us vanished, and all that was left was a sea of bliss we floated on as I pushed into her body and mind. Then, as the final waves built I held all the notes together as long as I could in one beautiful singing harmony. In the moment they shattered and she exploded in release I spent myself in her. How long the tide of this passion carried us I don't know, but neither of us returned to our senses rapidly.

When I could return to my mind and push her note away I found myself on my side beside her as she gazed at me, tears slowly sliding down her face. I let her note return now, but only the surface thoughts. She was relieved, and exhilarated. She felt very warm toward me, a great affection.

"Mike that was wonderful. Thank you, I didn't know…I mean, that was really beautiful." I smiled and nodded.

"I should be the one thanking you, for sharing that experience with me. You are a wonderful lover, and a beautiful person." As I spoke to her I reached out in her mind, and felt a whole new chorus of notes forming around her ideas of sex. They were much like an adolescent's I realized. She was learning for the first time in her life that sex could be a wonderful sharing thing that didn't have to be used for power or gain.

"If I had known it could be like that…" she blushed, the woman who had been the bitch from hell before actually blushed. "Well I don't know if I would ever get anything done." We both laughed at that.

"Look Mike, I want you to know I don't expect this to go anywhere okay. I mean…oh I'm sorry this sounds awful." I reached in and soothed her, gave her a jolt of confidence. "Well, I don't want to rush into anything, I feel so, so, new." She looked at me as if sure I would think she was crazy.

"I understand, really I do. Besides, there is someone I care for that I need to sort my feelings out for before I could be a good partner to anyone." I could feel both her disappointment and relief. I guess I had some of both of those emotions too.

She snuggled up next to me and I could feel her desire go up a notch. What the hell I thought, we both deserved it. We made love two more times that night, and when I woke late the next morning, she was gone.