The Never Ending Buffet Ch. 11

Story Info
Welcome to the world, little one.
1.5k words
4.57
14.8k
2

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 07/15/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carla left after an early breakfast Wednesday morning. I had to leave earlier than usual so that I could take Sharon home to change for work. Her house was just down the street from the office and she normally walked to work, but this morning she rode with me.

I took Dexter with me on the first two service calls. Carl Jr. had convinced Bernice's brother-in-law to be his helper with delivery and Dexter was now working with me full time. Sharon still had his father's old service truck and I sent Dex out with his first solo that afternoon.

It's a good thing that I did because at 1:30 Mika called to say that she was on the way to the hospital with Melissa. Her water had broken and my grandniece was on the way.

I let Sharon know and headed over to Alamance Regional Medical Center to be with Melissa. ARMC is not the best place around to get well, but they should be able to handle birthing a baby.

Melissa was in the prep room with Mika, and I was able to talk to them for a few minutes. Mika was excited, she had missed her own grandchildren being born and was looking forward to Melissa's child as much as anyone was. Melissa reassured me that she was okay and that I should just go on back to work and relax. There was no chance that I was going to do that, but of course, I told her that I would.

When Jennifer showed up a little later, I excused myself and went out to the waiting room. I was going to have to get Melissa and the new baby something. For some reason I had not done it before this, but I was not going to the gift shop in the hospital, the prices were too high and Wal-Mart was only a few minutes away.

When I got back with the flowers, card, and stuffed animals, Mary and Leimomi were there with their own presents. They said that the rest would be by soon, and that Mandy was with her now. A few minutes later Mandy came out and said that Melissa and Mika had gone into the delivery room and that the baby should be here soon.

Soon is a matter of opinion. Two hours later, I was still sitting in that little room with my fourth cup of coffee, trying to keep from falling asleep. Sharon, Amy, and Carla were there with Carmelita, and for the first time I was meeting Amy's son Joshua. He was a short stocky boy with dark hair and acne. When he was introduced to me, he was in the middle of complaining about being in the hospital when he would rather be at home playing a game on his Playstation. Amy was explaining to him that after what he did in the kitchen the other day he was not going to be home alone for a while.

"Aw mom, I was just trying to get something to eat while you were out sleeping with this old fart over here."

I don't think that he realized what happened as I lifted him up onto his tiptoes by the collar of his shirt with one hand while I had hold of the flab at his waist with the other. "You will treat your mother with respect young man, it does not matter what your opinion is, you WILL treat her with respect." (I didn't raise my voice, and as I talked I was pinching the flab I had in my hand as emphasis with every other word). "She has spent years seeing to your needs and she asks for very little in return. Understand this if you understand nothing else, I will burn your backside with a two-by-four if I hear of you talking to her again the way you just did. Now you will apologize to her, go sit over in the corner out of the way, and be quiet."

The look on my face and the firmness of my voice must have done the trick, because when I turned him loose the look he gave me was fear tinged with hate. Then he did as he was told. He stepped over to Amy, said that he was sorry, and then went over to the corner to sulk. Further conversation was interrupted by the phone near the door ringing. Sharon answered and listened for a moment.

"It's a 6 lb 8 ounce girl. Melissa named her Jessica Marie. She wants to see you Walter. Leave the stuff here until they get her into a regular room, just go in and talk to her now."

I rang at the entry door and told the voice who I was going to see. The door buzzed and I entered a short hallway that ended at the nurse's station. The attractive brunette behind the counter pointed me toward a curtained area to her right. I stepped through and there was my little princess, lying on a hospital bed with a little chocolate baby on her chest.

"Hello Uncle Walt, do you mind my naming my baby after Aunt Jess?"

"I know that she would be honored sweetie; I sure am. Why didn't you put your mom's name first?"

"Because Mary Jess doesn't sound as good as Jessica Marie, that's why. I don't think mom would mind. I am just glad that it is over. It is amazing to me that this little bundle weighed so much when she was in me. The doctor says that she is perfectly healthy and we should be able to go home tomorrow. He wants me to stay overnight to make sure I am okay. Here Uncle Walt, hold your new grandniece."

Melissa held the little bundle up to me and I gingerly pulled it to my chest. Being childless and Melissa as our only niece, I had never had the opportunity to hold a baby. Mika stepped in and made sure that I was supporting the head properly, and then she stepped back and smiled at me.

"Too bad I can't give you one of your own, Walter; you would make a fine father. Maybe Jennifer would be willing to get pregnant for you."

"No way Mika, even if I was able to knock her up, there is no way I would father a child that I won't be around to see grow up. I will get my kicks from watching little Jess grow."

"Yeah, I can already see that she is going to have you wrapped around her finger. Now give her back to her momma and let some of the others come in."

I lay the babe on her momma's chest and leaned over to kiss my niece.

"You done good honey, she is beautiful. I'll see you later in your room, but I better let some of the others in, I think Mary is going to have a stroke if she has to wait any longer. See you soon Mel, I love you." I kissed the baby's head and went back out to the waiting room.

The ladies were in a tizzy. I sent Mary and Leimomi in then had to describe every aspect of the baby and momma to those left with me. Mika came out with the other two women after about 15 minutes and said that they were taking Melissa and the baby up to her room. We could all go up and visit in about half an hour.

There was another waiting room near the ward and we rotated everyone through to Mel's room except Joshua. He said that he didn't want to go. He would wait till his mom was ready to go home. By the time visiting hours were over, I was dragging ass. Carla offered to make dinner for me and Carmelita rode home with me to make sure I stayed awake.

I sat in the living room absorbing the fact that Melissa had had her baby. I heard noises from the kitchen and the smells emanating from there were making me drool. Soon Lita came out and lead me to the table. I have no idea what the meal Carla made is called, even after asking her. She had taken my dislike of spices to heart and the mildly flavored hamburger tasted very good to me. She served it in a tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese, with sour cream and mild salsa on the side.

After dinner, Lita excused herself to go home and study. Carla and I sat on the sofa and cuddled for a while.

"I hope you don't want anything else tonight Carla, I am so tired that all I want to do now is lay down and sleep. I am going in to see Melissa before work and I need to rest."

"That is okay Walter, I understand and approve. I will stay if you want, but I am tired too; this has been a very trying day for all us. Would you like my help in the shower?"

"Better not Carla, I don't think that I could control myself with your luscious body in the shower with me, and I really need the sleep. Thank you for a delicious meal, I'll see you tomorrow."

I kissed her at the door and after a quick shower fell into bed. It didn't take me long to go to sleep.