The New Nobility Ch. 04

Story Info
Evelyn settles into her new position.
2.5k words
4.5
12.1k
1

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/11/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Otto26
Otto26
78 Followers

Copyright Otto26, 2008

Thank you, readers, for your patience. Chapter 5 is written and being edited. It is considerably larger. I hope you enjoy.

Evelyn was trying to swallow Jahan's cum, but his hands twisted in her hair and pulled her away from his cock. One, then two spurts of the fluid landed on her face and then his cock slapped against her. She gasped in shock, not from the cum, but from the crude physical assault. Above her she heard Jahan laugh.

"Bodyservant... I think I'll take my father's jest and make it my own," he chuckled. His hands released her and, off balance, she fell to the ground. "I have been summoned to the court of the Count of Swans. You will accompany me. Make the necessary arrangements for a departure tomorrow and be competent about it or you'll feel the lash. The Count does not coddle servants as my father does."

He walked out of the room, into the adjoining bathroom and closed the door behind him. Evelyn rose to her knees, and then her feet, and considered her next course of action. 'I should probably remain to attend upon him, but I need to begin making the arrangements for our departure. That probably means I'm dismissed until he requires me again. And since I have no idea how to begin making the arrangements for our departure... I'll ask Mr. Erens. I need to get my belongings moved anyway.'

Quickly, she walked out of the suite and down the hallway towards the servants quarters. 'Funny,' she thought, 'that this feels like a home now. I've not been here very long and I'm already a little sad to be leaving. I suppose I'll be back, though.' She spied Evard talking to a maid and raised her hand to attract his attention. He glanced up, saw her, and then turned his face back to the maid. The maid, seeing his look, glanced over her shoulder and then turned back to Evard and said something in a low tone.

Evelyn felt as though someone had struck her belly, a sudden nausea and difficulty breathing were upon her. From behind her she heard someone harshly whisper a single word "Whore!" and she spun around but was unable to identify the source of the accusation in the small crowd of servants, all of them carefully radiating 'disinterest'. Her face tight, lips pressed together so hard that the blood began to leave them, Evelyn marched to the butler's room and knocked on the door.

"Enter," the voice called.

"Mr. Erens," Evelyn said, "I've no idea how to make the preparations for the young master's departure."

The butler looked up when he heard her voice and stared openly at her for a long minute. Evelyn realized that she hadn't stopped to wash up, that she still had Jahan's cum clinging to her face. Now that she'd remembered it she could feel it drying on her skin and she blushed and opened her mouth to explain. Words failed her, however, and she settled for simply closing her mouth.

"That's understandable," Erens replied. "Normally... Well, that hardly matters now, does it? You have been assigned as a bodyservant to the young master. The only servant in his personal service. In theory that gives you the right to make demands upon the lesser servants of the staff. In practice you will wish to couch your demands as requests. Firm requests, mind, for you are representing the young master. So, I have received your request for assistance in this matter and will issue the necessary orders. There is a manual detailing your duties, you should read it at your first opportunity. The general principle involved here is simple: when you don't know exactly how to do something, order a subordinate to accomplish the general task."

"It will be instructive for you to observe the preparations at first hand, so I will order the staff to submit reports on their actions. You may wish to clean up first, of course."

"Yes, Mr. Erens. Thank you very much. I will wash and change into presentable clothing and return here?" she asked, making the statement into a request for more information.

Erens shook his head. "Not here. To the young master's suite. The reports will be sent to your pad." He typed on the desk in front of him. "And you'll need a guide to your new quarters, not that you'll be here long enough to occupy them."

He stared at her again, judging, assessing. "The quarters will be waiting for your return, of course."

Evelyn released a deep breath she hadn't even been aware she was holding and nodded thankfully, words again failing her and tears threatening to burst forth. A knocking at the door a moment later announced the arrival of Lews, the footman.

"Lews, take Evelyn to her new quarters and then you will assist in the preparations for the young master's departure."

"Yes Mr. Erens," the footman replied. "If you'll follow me, Miss Evelyn."

***

Evelyn didn't know quite what to say to Lews. The young man had, after all, seen Jahan bending her over the bed. But he had also testified in her favor with Sir Arun. That thought made it clear what she should say.

"Thank you. For telling Sir Arun what happened."

"I just told him the truth. You didn't seem to want to be there."

"I didn't," she assured him.

"Do you mind that you were?" he asked.

Evelyn shook her head. "Not terribly," she admitted. "Wasn't anything I hadn't done before. A little scary. Mostly I was worried about losing my position."

Lews chuckled. "Well, you did after a fashion. And many of these folk will think less of you for it."

"Including Evard, apparently," she muttered darkly.

Lews snorted. "Evard's a dullard," he stated. "Can't see beyond the end of his dick and the only time he stops saying stupidities is when he's shoving food in his mouth. Do you care what he thinks?"

"A little," Evelyn said. "But not enough to try and curry his favor. If he's going to think the worst of me then he can find someone else to play with."

Lews laughed. "No worry on that count. He's a pretty boy and he'll have another maid in his bed before too long. Mind you, he'll be a junior footman for the rest of his life and the maids will start to look elsewhere for their fun when he gets fat and grey. You and I will be working in responsible positions then and the underlings will be currying our favor."

"Is that how it works here?" Evelyn asked, truly curious.

"Not supposed to," Lews replied. "It happens a little, though. Not like what the young master did. I've never seen that happen. Not supposed to talk about it either."

"Sir Arun offered me the opportunity to press charges," Evelyn said. "I didn't think it would be good for the house."

"Truly?" the footman asked.

"Oh yes, the first thing he asked me," she assured him.

"Not that," Lews said. "The bit about it not being good for the house. Did you mean that?"

Evelyn shrugged. "Yes. I took the oath."

Lews stopped walking and regarded her carefully. "Then I think perhaps everyone's wrong about you. I wish I could tell someone."

Evelyn understood all too clearly. 'They all think I fucked my way into this position.' She smiled, more than a little bitterly. "But you can't. And neither can I."

"This is your new room," Lews said, sliding a door open and changing the subject. It was about the same size as her old room, but it had a single bed only, and in addition it had a desk, a chair, and there was an open doorway that led to, she checked, a small bathroom.

"Seems they've already got your new uniforms here," Lews remarked from the door to a closet. Evelyn rushed over and took a look. There were indeed new uniforms hanging in the closet and in the drawers and shelves beneath.

"That's amazing," she commented.

"This is a good house," Lews said. She picked up on the subtle tone of deep pride in his voice and it gave her an additional measure of hope.

"I have to go now, Miss Evelyn. I couldn't talk to you before because the junior maids are off-limits but... Now you're my superior and that's not a problem. Evard likes to... boast, and I've really enjoyed talking with you. If you'd be interested in having me curry your favor sometime, please let me know."

Anger, shock, embarassment, and pleasure roiled through Evelyn's mind. "I'd like that, Lews," she heard herself saying. "Perhaps when the young master returns?"

"Until then," Lews replied and left.

Evelyn, bemused, slid the door shut and walked over to the bathroom, absently stripping off her clothing as she went.

***

The pad the butler had referred to turned out to be the most amazing thing Evelyn had ever seen. At first glance it appeared to be a simple flat pad of plastic. But when she picked it up, the pad came alive and she realized it was a small computer. She'd picked the thing up on her way to the closet and it captivated her and put all thoughts of the new clothing out of her mind. She found several messages from Mr. Erens waiting for her: a copy of the directive to the other servants to prepare the young master's goods for traveling, a link to the house manual for a bodyservant, even two reports from other servants detailing their efforts. Beyond that the pad seemed to be able to communicate with other household computers and, through them, to access the info-space.

It was only when a message flashed on her screen telling her that she had been summoned that she realized how much time had passed. Cursing, she set the pad down (carefully!) and grabbed a new uniform from the closet. Then she cursed again. The uniform was unfamiliar and it would take time she didn't have to learn to put it on correctly. Thinking quickly, she pulled the outer layers of the uniform on. The time she saved in leaving undergarments out gave her just enough time to figure out how the unfamiliar closures on the clothing worked. It also allowed her to notice the pocket on the skirt which seemed exactly sized for the pad. She slid the pad into the pocket, slipped her feet into a pair of shoes and dashed out the door.

***

Bodyservants, it quickly became apparent to Evelyn, were not expected to run. The ankle length skirt was not so tight as to restrict her movement when walking, but running was impossible. She had to settle for a sort of fast skip that made her feel ridiculous and made her nipples chafe against the shirt as her unrestrained breasts bounced with each bound.

She had to slow down to a brisk walk when she left the servants' area and entered the public portion of the house. Fortunately, her new room was much closer to Jahan's room so she wasn't too late. In her opinion.

"You summoned me, my lord?" she asked.

"Twenty minutes ago!" Jahan thundered at her. "I swear I'm looking forward to getting out of this house if for no other reason than being able to give you the flogging you deserve. Am I to assume from your unkempt appearance that you've been trying to work?"

"Yes, my lord. I have spoken with Mr. Erens and the staff have begun making the appropriate preparations. A private car has been engaged for you in the morning train and carriages will be ready to take you to the station in the morning," she replied, glad she'd at least read her messages while woolgathering with the pad.

Her words seemed to annoy Jahan and she wondered why. But not for long. "Trains," he spat. "More of that technological uplift crap. A decent aircar could get me there in an hour, yet I have to spend several days restricted to a train because the Empire decrees that we must make use of local technology. You primitives are unlikely to manage to learn how to build a decent tech level in my lifetime, so I suffer for your inadequacies."

There seemed to be no acceptable reply to make to this so Evelyn kept quiet and ruminated on Jahan's comment regarding flogging. She remembered her oath and was realizing that while he might be blustering, it wasn't empty bluster; Jahan could indeed have her flogged if he chose to do so. He could have her killed if he chose to do so. The thought was more than a little daunting, but Evelyn considered that she was already in too deep to back out now.

"Your inadequacies in particular," Jahan continued. "Sending me off to the Count's court with an untrained bedwarmer... At least you're reasonably attractive. I think. I don't recall seeing more than your ass and your face. Show me your twot, girl."

Evelyn hesitated and then saw that Jahan was quite serious. Choking back a sigh, she reached down and lifted the hem of her skirt, gathering it up over her hips and baring her sex. She moved one foot, widening her stance so that he could better see her.

"No underwear?" he asked, his voice suddenly cheerful. "Well, you show some promise as a bedwarmer. This, however," he said, stepping forward and giving her pubic hair a tug, "has got to go. Get rid of it tonight. Now, show me your tits."

"Yes, my lord," Evelyn replied and released the skirt. Her fingers worked at the unfamiliar catches on the tunic and then at the buttons of the shirt beneath it. She pulled them both open to expose her breasts to his view. His hands reached up and, surprising her, gently hefted and generally explored them. She'd expected rough squeezing and nipple pulling, but his hands were firm without any trace of harshness. Against all expectation she actually enjoyed his touch.

"I can find absolutely nothing wrong with these," he said quietly. "I like this. You're to leave off wearing underwear from now on. Now," he said in a firm voice quite unlike the petulantly angry tone he'd been using earlier, "you are to take this pad and go back to your quarters and read. There is a manual on how to perform your duties as a bodyservant..." he trailed off, her pad in his hands, as he saw she had already begun to read that document. "Hmm... perhaps you show some promise as a bodyservant after all. Read this. Memorize it. I will not have you embarassing me in front of the members of the Count's court. I will see you again in the morning. You are dismissed."

Evelyn took the pad he handed back to her and walked quietly to the door. In the hallway, she paused to re-button her shirt, close the tunic, and smooth down her skirt. Then she began to walk back to her new room.

'I can do this,' she silently swore.

To be continued...

Otto26
Otto26
78 Followers