The Noxahngeli Existence Ch. 01

Story Info
Kayle awakens in a strange new world...is it just a dream?
2k words
4.46
9.1k
9

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 05/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Hey there readers. This is my very first submission to the site. I'm hoping for friendly feedback and critique. I just started writing and after reading stories from this site for quite some time, I just wanted to give it a shot. No harm in trying right? Hope you guys enjoy. Sorry this chapter is more of a backstory. No sex scenes yet. But hopefully if this first chapter doesn't tank I'll be able to add Chapter 2 very soon which will start getting into some steamy parts. And a huge thank you to Bigg_Mike for editing my first chapter**


****************************

I woke up to the overpowering smell of freshly cut grass and roses. The sun's rays beat down on my face blinding me for a moment while my eyes adjusted to my new surroundings. All I could remember was going to sleep just like any other night, cozy and alone in my bed at home. Finally my eyes adjusted, from my half sitting position I sprang up and did a complete 360 as I stared in awe. Blades of grass taller than myself and the roses I smelled as I awoke towered over me like looming thorn skyscrapers. A flood of questions raced through my head. Where am I?How did I get here? Am I dreaming? Or worse, is this real?

I shut my eyes tight willing my surroundings to change back into my room, me lying on my bed, just waking up from a very odd dream, yet when I opened them everything was just the same. I didn't end up warm under my covers, pillows strewn around me, music playing gently in the background as I dozed back to sleep. A swift breeze passed by me and I shivered wishing that I slept in something much warmer than my lacy midnight blue shorts and a matching tank that night. Again a breeze came past but along with it a blurred streak of green. I take a few steps back wondering what the hell just flew by me. I walked a few paces towards the rose bushes, took cover in the blades of grass that were clustered there and waited. I peered through the gaps in the blades hoping to get a glimpse of the blur. I heard something snap behind me making me jump and turn to see what the noise was. Behind me stood a very tiny green dog-like bug with tiny wings and beady black eyes.

We stood there staring at each other, my green eyes looking questionably at those beady black ones, for quite some time before the creature made a sound that was a cross between a bark and a buzz. After a few second of his "Barzzing" something rustled the blades of grass behind him. Out walked a human like creature with skin as dark as night, bright blue eyes and fiery red markings across his arms and torso. I would've ran like a scared puppy with my tail between my legs if it wasn't for his warm inviting smile and his hand gesture showing me he meant no harm. I was so taken aback when I first saw him that I didn't get a chance to take in all his features. And one very noticeable feature I missed was that the creature had a set of what can only be described as, angel wings. They were tucked in behind his back, feathers that look as soft as silk, yet strong and sturdy like a shield of a warrior.I wouldn't mind being wrapped up in wings like that. I thought to myself confused as to where that thought even came from.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice he was trying to communicate with me. I snapped back to reality, and my ears were treated to the musical sound of his voice speaking in an odd language that I could only describe as Elvish. He saw the look of confusion on my face, stopped talking, and took a moment to think.

During this time he analyzed me from head to toe; taking in my raven black hair cascading in loose curls down my back, a few stray locks over my shoulders, looks into my vivid green eyes; a big contrast to his cerulean blue. Continuing down my body, my tiny frame in nothing but what felt like my barely there sleeping attire. His eyes paused at my chest seeing the gentle rise and fall as I took slow deep breaths, then roamed down my abdomen, finally taking in my scantily clad legs. I felt like I was naked under his scrutiny. What came out of his mouth next was something more familiar to me.

"Comment vous appellez?" he asked. I just stared not knowing how to reply, so he repeated it again, "Comment vous appellez?" I pinpointed the language as French and was lucky enough to remember the translation.

I finally replied back after clearing my throat a few times and finding my voice, "My name is Kayle." He stared at me and had a glazed over look in his once vibrant eyes. Eyes like the calm ocean but there were flecks of gold in them that reminded me of rays of sunshine trying to peek out of dark clouds, reflecting off of the still surface of the water. Eyes that gave hope when I gazed into them. His attention focused back on me, no sign of his once glazed look.

He straightened up to his full height, adjusted the only piece of clothing on his body, his black shorts, and said, "I am Aurummare of the Noxahngeli." His skin changing from the black of the darkest night to a sun kissed tan as he raised his right fist to his chest and did a slight bow.

I was shocked to see how human he looked, now that he was a shade darker than I was. In this state I noticed a lot of his features that were hidden by his black void shade when I first encountered him. His eyes stayed the intense cerulean blue with the hint of gold, but everything else was completely new to me. Now that I saw him this way, he was quite handsome. He had short jet black hair that seemed to spike on its own and there was just a unique look to him that couldn't rightly be justified with words, a face I would enjoy trailing my fingertips gently across, taking in every one of his features. He had broad strong shoulders, a lean yet toned torso with strong arms that crossed over his chest after he bowed. From what I could see of his legs, he had the strong calves of a runner, which struck me as odd because if he had wings you would think he would fly most places. But then again this man looked like he fell from the heavens, banished by the gods for his looks.Why was he able to change his skin color so rapidly? Is this his natural color?I wondered to myself.

"This is my true color. When we first met I was the darkest of night. My kind uses this skill to stay undetected when we hunt and track at night." He said, answering my unvoiced questions. I looked at him quizzically wondering if he comes across many outsiders and just explains it right off the bat or if he somehow has the ability to read thoughts as well. While I pondered this, I looked at him and he gave me a playful smile as if challenging me, and at that moment I knew he could read exactly what I was thinking. My eyes widened in horror as I grasped the concept of him reading thoughts and recalled the few stray thoughts I had of him when I first encountered him and the ones just a few minutes before as he changed skin tones.

"Kayle," he said reassuringly, "from now on I will shield you from my abilities and those of my kind when I am around you, so you can think without hesitation or censorship." He bowed his head and closed his eyes in concentration and I relaxed and started to slowly unravel my thoughts again.Thank god he's not going to be reading my thoughts anymore because I don't know how long I would have lasted without slipping up and having naughty thoughts about him.

He looked up, raised his hand in a halting motion and looked at me apologetically, "Not just yet. It takes a few minutes for me to put up a shield around you." I blushed and bit my lower lip like I always do when I'm embarrassed, nodded my head ok, and tried to hold back anymore thoughts of him, myself, or anything else in hopes that I hadn't already made a complete fool of myself. After a few more minutes he brought his head up and opened his cerulean eyes to look at me, nodded and told me to give it a try. Just so I wouldn't make a complete ass of myself if he still didn't put the shield up, I looked straight at him and thought to myself,oh wow! Is that a cut on his shoulder?I watched him, waiting for any sign that he hadn't shielded me from his abilities. He didn't flinch or make any indications that he had scanned through my thoughts.

I wanted to be completely certain that he wasn't just playing it off, so I let my mind wander with my eyes still locked with his and let a few explicit thoughts escape. I waited a few seconds to see any kind of reaction or emotion cross his face, but I saw none. A slight flush came to my cheeks,what would I have done if he hadn't shielded me yet and was able to get every detail of that? Oh my god, I really need to pay attention to my thoughts. Just in case,I thought. I reverted my attention back to Aurummare and grinned.

"So where am I exactly? Did I shrink? Are those my rose bushes? What is that?" I asked, bombarding him with questions, as I pointed at his doglike companion.

"Bastilus," motioning to the green creature, "is my hunting scout." Bastilus sprang into Arummare's arms and whined.

"Ok, ok," he said as he looked down at Bastilus in his arms, "he's also my best friend. I've had him since I was a child, when I began training for the Elite Noxilites." He gave his companion a playful hug and released him. I watched as this itty bitty creature fluttered its wings and came to a stop directly in front of me hovering in place. It gave me what looked like a smile with his slobbery tongue peeking out between its teeth and did a little yelp. It just stayed there, I didn't know what to do.

"He just wants you to know you don't have to be afraid of him." Aurummare told me as Bastilus yelped again. "Just give him a pet. He likes you." He laughed as he told me. I could only imagine the expression of confusion he saw on my face. I tentatively reached my hand out towards the eager creature and it nuzzled it head under my palm for an affectionate rub. From far away Bastilus seemed to have no hair, just green skin, but after touching him for the first time, I was wrong. He seemed to have a very small fine fur that covered his whole body. It felt as if I was petting a koala.

He flew into my arms and gave me a quick friendly lick leaving a small trail of wetness on my cheek. I giggled giving him a quick snuggle and released him, and he made his way back to his previous spot at Aurummare's feet. The shadows began to spread and take over, Aurummare looked up and noticed that the sky was darkening and the sun was retreating. He turned to me and extended his hand out for me to take.