The Old King and the New Bride Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Try as I may, I can't hold back my triumphant smile. One of my husband's right hand men has just solidified my status as queen and shot down Leyna in one blow. Maybe, just maybe, we can win this stupid game.

Kerion sighs in relief, then steps forward. "Belphagor, we're going to need your help if we're going to get Michelle's body back."

An award-winning smile crosses the fallen angel's face. "Of course! Anything to take out that evil witch and restore the crown to the rightful head. What can I do?"

"We know that even if Leyna does summon Michelle for an execution, it won't happen for at least a week while everything is sorted out. We need to make sure she never files that order in the first place. Can you and the other angels try to distract Lucifer from her until we can get Michelle back to normal?"

"But you can't tell Lucifer!" I interject without thinking. "We need to keep this quiet. If we tell him, he'll go nuts on Leyna and we might lose the chance of catching her by surprise. Please. I know it may be hard to keep this from your boss, but we need make sure Leyna has no idea we're coming." I look up at the hulking former angel pleadingly, hoping he'll understand.

Belphagor's brilliant green eyes shift to me. With a soft, knowing smile, she inclines his had, gently grasps my hand and kisses it lightly. "For my queen, anything. Neither Lucifer nor Leyna will know of this until the time is right."

I smile back at him and nod regally in reply. "I really appreciate your help. When this is resolved, I'll tell Lucifer how much of a help you were."

His eyes light up. "You're honest?"

I nod. "I'm a human, not a demon or trickster. I'll keep my word if you keep yours."

He nods again. "My lady, I have seen your strength and fortitude. Crossing you would be the last thing I would ever want to do."

I'm not sure if I should be proud or worried. Being respected is a good thing, but feared? I don't want this fallen angel to be frightened of me just because I have Lucifer's ear. All I want is a little help and courtesy, which I'm luckily getting.

I smile at Belphagor. "For a demon, you're very gracious."

His smile is warm. "There are some of us who still remember the old ways. Before we fell, courtesy and kindness were the norm. And while we may not be so gentle now, we've carried a bit of our teaching down here with us. Lucifer is the most insistent about using our manners."

My eyebrows raise an inch. "Really?"

Unexpected, but definitely noticeable.

He nods. "He's more of a gentleman than most pastors would like to admit. He is the oldest of us, so it only makes sense that he keeps us in line and keeps the ship running straight. Mostly, I think he uses his impeccable etiquette to throw people off. It catches them off guard and sets them up for failure. But around you, my lady, I think it's an honest attempt to treat you fairly and respectfully."

I eye him curiously. "Fairly?"

Belphagor shrugs. "He's a trickster by nature, but he views you as a worthy queen and someone who can tow the line as well as he can. Despite your humanness, he honestly sees you as someone to be respected and praised. If you can show your spine against Lilith, he's sure you can handle anything."

My heart and my pride swell simultaneously. It's wonderful to hear I have a husband who will not only defend me, but respect me as well. If I've earned his stamp of approval, I'm practically set for life.

Kerion clears his throat. "Time is of the essence, you two. Even though Leyna won't have a good chance at having you executed, she can still try to manipulate the system to block our attempts of getting you back to normal."

Shit. Right, time to refocus.

I turn back to Belphagor, my mind resetting and my shoulders straightening. I flip my now-red hair back from my face and gather my queenly strength. "Belphagor, I need you to gather the other fallen angels and explain what's happened. Again, don't let any of them go running off to tell Lucifer, but they need to know what's going on so Leyna doesn't try to lead them astray. See what you can do about stalling any of her attempts to have me killed or tossed out of here."

He grins and bows regally, taking my hand and kissing it gently. "My lady, no order of hers will pass through the Counsil doors."

"I really appreciate this," I smile back.

He straightens, still grinning. "For the rightful queen, anything."

"Excellent," Kerion interjects. "Now go. Make sure no word of this gets past the angels."

Belphagor nods, gives me one last warm smile, then turns and bolts out the small alcove and into the river of demons. Kerion and I peek around the corner and watch him disappear into the endless bodies.

"You think he'll keep his word?" As much as I trust Belphagor, a tiny sliver of doubt creeps into my mind, making me wonder if we've actually gained another enemy rather than an ally.

"Belphagor is one of the most virulent supports of Lucifer's rule. He also respects and admires you, so we're in good hands. If he did turn on us and Lucifer were to find out, the master would have his head."

I nod, the knot of unease slowly unraveling. Quietly, Kerion steps around me and crawls forward, looking back and beckoning me to follow.

"Come. We must see Lilith. Even with Belphagor and the other angels, it may not be enough to convince Lucifer of the truth. As annoyingly spoiled and arrogant as she is, she still holds a high place in Lucifer's court. With her, we'll have a better chance of winning this game."

I nod and step forward, though I'm not very happy about what we're gong to do. Lilith envies me and wants me dead as much as Leyna does; she simply more aristocratic and sly than her emotional doppelganger. Asking for her help will be like asking my mother to give up her collection of antique dolls. Honestly, she'd rather die.

We approach the opening that leads to the main hall. It's still chock full of demons, but we've managed to slip in before, so this time should be easy. Kerion checks on me one last time before sliding out into the fray. I follow right behind him, keeping my head down and my mouth shut.

The sound of endless demon voices is almost deafening, but I stay one step behind Kerion as we make our way through the mass of bodies. Like before, the demons that see us coming smile and step aside, clearing a path for us to walk. They ignore me, and I ignore them. None of them actually know what's happened, so to them I'm still a man-eating spoiled brat who hasn't learned her place yet. I harbor no anger or irritation towards any of them. How could they know we've switched forms?

I shrug to myself and keep pace with Kerion. If I can successfully play my part, we'll get out of here and make it to Lilith without a scratch. If not...I'm fucked.

"Come on, Leyna!" Kerion looks back and barks at me. "I won't keep Lilith waiting just because you're having another tantrum."

Once again, my four years of high school drama class kick in. I scowl at the ground, though I flick my eyes up to glare at him. I lift the hem of my dress from the ground and 'begrudgingly' pick up my pace, hoping that my impression of Leyna is enough to convince the mass of demons that surround us. It seems to work; most of the demons either ignore me or shoot me a disgusted glance.

They're lucky this is all a ruse. If they had done that to me while I was still queen, Lucifer would have their heads.

My heart aching from the idea of insulting my subjects, I manage to sneer back at them as I follow Kerion down the hall. We take a sharp turn down another dimly lit hallway, the immediately swing right, stopping just before a pair of enormous carved oak doors. Images of fornicating demons and impaled human souls stretch across the dark surfaces, catching the light of the sconces just right so that it makes them look even more menacing,

Kerion steps forward and taps on one of the doors, the sound echoing through the small hallway.

"What?!" Lilith's sharp, angry voice rolls through the wood, making me jump back in surprise.

"Don't give me attitude, little girl!" Kerion roars back. "You and I must have words."

There's a soft exasperated sigh, like the ones a teenager gives their parents when being scolded. "Fine!"

The doors swing in, revealing an enormous marble-lined room that mirrors the main foyer. The marble is a softer green rather than black and grey, and there's only one small throne in the middle of the room. Dozens of training succubae mill about the room, chatting to each other and gazing at us curiously as we enter

Lilith reclines in the main chair, her lavender Grecian gown spilling over the twisting metal edges and pooling on the floor around her bare feet. A thin gold tiara adorns her head, almost melding perfectly with her thick blonde hair. Her dark blue eyes flick to us, narrowing when they see me. Her full lips twist into a wicked smile as we near her chair.

"Girls," she calls out. "You're dismissed for now."

The mass of succubae all nod in unison and stream past us out the doors. One girl with short-cropped red hair smiles devilishly at me and feigns accidentally slamming into me on her way out. I react the only way I can think Leyna would: I 'accidentally' bump her back, catching her off balance and nearly sending her to the ground. She glares at me as she exits into the hallway. I smile back, waving at her as the doors close.

The doors close as the final succubus exit the room, leaving Kerion and I alone with Lilith. The bitch queen sighs dramatically and slumps back into her chair, twirling a lock of her hair between her fingers. Her eyes never leave me, and I give her the same courtesy by glaring at her with everything I've got.

Her lips turn up in a sarcastic smile, and her gaze moves to Kerion. "So what is it you what, old spider?"

Kerion steps forward, clearly unaffected by her power and age. "We need your help, Lilith."

She throws her head back and gives a sharp laugh. "You! Need my help! The great, wise Kerion comes crawling to me for assistance? Oh, this is perfect!"

Kerion remains still, unfazed. "Yes, you insolent little brat. We need your help."

Lilith's laughter stops abruptly, and she snaps her head forward to glare at him. "Brat, you say?"

Looks like it to me.

She gives us another sarcastic smile. "If anyone in this place is a brat, it's the new queen." She sneers to herself. "She's a fucking human, and yet Lucifer's practically drooling over her."

That's right. He's nuts about a human, not you.
I'm barely able to hold back my smile.

"I know your attitude, Lilith, but have a little respect for Michelle." Kerion's voice is irritated. "She may be human, but she's gotten closer to the master than anyone."

Lilith's sneer remains. "Only because of her tits."

"Beside the point," Kerion stops another rant from starting. "You're only upset because your childishness keeps you from accepting defeat. Had you matured a bit more, or tried to act like a woman, you'd have moved on by now."

She sulks like the child she is. "I am not jealous!"

Kerion shrugs. "Then move forward and hear us out."

"Fine," she spits, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at us.

I barely keep myself from rolling my eyes. For someone as formidable and infamous as Lilith, she acts like a rotten brat. I suddenly realize that she's much like my mother, only worse. Both of them are only happy when things go their way, otherwise they sit and whine for the entire day until someone finally acquiesces to their demands to shut them up. Lilith's not a scary as I had originally thought, just really annoying.

Kerion clears his throat and steps forward. "The queen's been replaced."

Lilith stares at him, slightly dumbfounded. "What?"

"Leyna's found a way to switch bodies with Michelle. She's parading around as the queen."

Lilith's eyes widen, flicking from Kerion to me. "Leyna's right there!"

For the first time that I've been wearing this skin, I'm indignant. "I'm not Leyna!"

Lilith's eyes shoot to me, widening then narrowing in confusion. "Yes, you are, you ambitious little whore! Don't play games with me!"

Kerion shakes his massive head. "No, she's not, Lilith. This isn't Leyna. This is Michelle in Leyna's body."

There's a silence as the two of us wait for her answer. Lilith continues to stare at me, switching from outraged to confused and every emotion in between. Finally, she sighs and sits back in her chair, lacing her long fingers together and closing her eyes.

"So the bitch finally got away with it," she whispers.

Kerion, as relieved as I am, nods. "Yes. She managed to catch Michelle off guard and switch bodies with her. I witnessed the entire thing, Lilith. Take my word for it when I say this is not Leyna."

And she's prancing around with my husband!

Lilith's eyes open, sliding to me. "So this is the new Michelle?"

"New?" I stare at her, confused. "You think that just because I'm not in my body I'm just some replaceable thing?"

Her evil smile returns. "As far as I'm concerned, you're not my queen right now. No crown, no queen."

Oh, super bitch. I've had enough of you.

The boost in self-esteem and pride I've gained from being queen comes roaring to the surface, giving me a much-needed blast of strength. Unfortunately, my defensiveness rises too, along with my competitiveness. "Come down off that chair and say that to my face."

Lilith stares at me for an instant, caught off guard by my challenge. Her smile returns anyway. "At least I'm in a throne. You seem to have lost yours. And to a succubus, no less."
I'm hurt, but not surprised. Lilith may have the body of a woman, but like most of the girls I went to high school with, she's got the mentality of a spoiled kindergartner. Luckily, I've dealt with this type of personality before, so I know just how to handle myself.

"Fine, then. Since you're too much of a coward to come down here, I'll come to you."

Before Kerion can step between us, I make my way toward Lilith's chair. She bolts upright and glares at me, outraged that I would dare challenge her. But in her eyes, I can see fear and uneasiness. She's unused to someone not taking her word as a final answer, so seeing me walk towards her with pure determination and frustration is a shock to her.

I stop a foot before her chair, staring down at my most powerful adversary. In this body, I'm weak and can't defend myself. But my soul is the exact same as before, so I can and will stand my ground no matter who I look like. If that means I have to fight Lilith head-on, so be it.

"As your queen, I'm giving you an order," I make my tone as steady and even as I can. "Say that to my face."

Furious, Lilith rises from her chair and looks me dead in the eye. In Leyna's body, we're evenly matched in height; if I were in my body, she'd have to look up slightly. But here and now, we're on even ground. No unfair height differences, no fights over whose boobs are bigger. It's just the two of us staring at each other and fighting it out like normal, hell-born women.

"I said," she rolls the words in her mouth, savoring their taste. "You're not my queen."

My mask of cool composure never shifts. "Fine. Than I refuse to recognize you as my superior as well.".

She pulls back an inch, indignant. "How dare you! I watch over ever succubus that comes through here!"

I shrug. "But I'm not a succubus. Like it or not, I'm your queen. I may be in a different body, but I still rule this place."

She smiles at me again. "Only until Lucifer figures out what happened. One he realizes the woman he's sleeping with isn't you, he'll toss her and your body into the fire pits. Which means you'll be stuck here in Leyna's body and Lucifer will be free game."

For the second time in my life, I explode on Lilith with full force.

"You spoiled, rotten little whore! How dare you presume me to be so weak that I would roll over and allow myself to be cast aside! After all I've gone through! After all the shit that's been dumped on me! I don't care if you were born and raised in the dirtiest slum in Jerusalem! Your queen has been replaced, hell is going down the drain, and all you can think of is yourself!"

She steps back a foot, trying to retreat but having nowhere to run. Her eyes are wide, filled with shock and horror. Exactly what I want.

"Being soulless and empty is no excuse for acting like a trashy, spoiled child. Lucifer is your master. Your obligation in life is to defend him at any cost, even if that means putting up with me. Now, I give you a choice. Either rise above your childish behavior and act like a woman who's worthy of your position, or continue with your games and see your master and your world fall to pieces."

My heart is pounding, and my pride and anger has swelled beyond the confines of my tiny frame, but I don't care. I've said my piece. The ball's in Lilith's court now, and it's up to her to decide if she wants to make or breaks us.

She stares at me for a moment, her eyes still wide and fearful. Slowly, though, her face returns to its normal snobbish appearance. A sly smile breaks on her lips, and she gives a quiet laugh.

"You've got a backbone, I'll give you that." Her smile never fades. "You're human, but at least you've got some strength to you."

"Damn straight." My defensiveness has subsided, but my irritation remains on full blast. "I say again, chose your path. Either find yourself under the rule of a highly unstable succubus who's willing to let your world fall into ruin, or helps us save it."

She half-scoffs, half-laughs at my order. "Oh, sweet Michelle. Thinking she has the power to rule our world. Such a simple little human girl." She steps forward, closing the tiny distance between us. Her smile widens, becoming more sinister and ugly.

"You really think he cares about you? About a mortal girl who has no business holding the queen's throne? No, he doesn't give a shit about you. You're just a silly little toy he brought down here to play with, not a queen. You don't deserve him like even Leyna does. At least she's a fucking demon. But you...so simple, so quiet, so weak. You don't have what it takes to rule over us. And once Leyna signs that execution order, I'll never have to deal with your stinky, worthless-"

I don't let her finish. Cocking my arm back, I swing as hard as I can and smack her across the face. She squeals and stumbles backwards, cupping her cheek in her palm. Somehow, I manage to keep myself from exploding in rage, but I'm more than done with this bitch. She's obviously too absorbed in her own chance of stealing Lucifer to care about Hell falling into Leyna's hands.

Fine, then. I'll do it myself.

Spinning around, I walk away from Leyna and her exquisite throne, striding across the marble floor with my head held high. I pass by Kerion, who watches in amazement as I dare to turn my back on one of the most powerful demons here.

"Come on, Kerion," I call as I make my way to the doors. "She's not going to help us."

Without hesitation, Kerion nods and follows behind me. Without having to look, I know Lilith has recovered behind me and is glaring daggers at my back. I don't care. She's not going to help me save my home or my husband, so she can rot in Heaven for all I care.

"Kerion!" she calls after us. "You're going to follow her?"

Kerion stops and turns to face Lilith. I do the same, partly because I want to wait for my friend and partly because I want to watch the fireworks.

Kerion nods to Lilith. "Yes. Unlike you, Lilith, my loyalties are set with those who have offered me help and kindness, not privilege and power. You choose to sacrifice our world and our master for your own petty jealousies. Your selfishness with be your end someday, and Michelle and I will be there to laugh as you tumble from absolute power into oblivion."