The Other Woman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JakeRivers
JakeRivers
1,061 Followers

She had been to the ranch a number of times with her brother but she'd never been up to the line shack. She was enchanted by the place and the view of the ranch. We were lyin' on a quilt under the big live oak doin' some serious "getting' to know each other better" stuff (her words). She sat up and looked down at the ranch buildings.

She dreamily murmured, "This would be a nice place for a honeymoon – or maybe Maui."

I was half asleep and asked, "What did you say about Maui?"

"Oh, nuthin'. I was just thinkin'."

~~~~~~

After three months, I met with Dottie and we did part friends. Both of us had already moved on. She wanted a few things from the ranch house and wanted to keep her mare and saddle but basically we just walked away from each other. We did stay in touch and, a couple of years later she married a lawyer and moved to Fort Worth.

Annie and I kept dating and getting' closer – the lovin' was getting' steamier all the time – but we hadn't slept together again. Annie said she just wasn't ready yet. I was in no hurry. I knew more and more I loved her in a way I never loved Dottie and wanted a marriage that would last for the ages.

About a month after the divorce was final Annie looked over at me one mornin' after I'd come over for breakfast and we were enjoyin' our second mug of coffee. "Bobby, I'm ready! Can we take a trip somewhere – I'd really like this to be special!"

I went around to her side of the table and takin' her hand I raised her up. Holding her tight I whispered in her ear, "Are you sure about this, honey?"

She squeezed me tight and murmured a quiet "yes!" in my ear.

I whispered back, "Okay, how about we pack up the truck and drive down to Choke Canyon Reservoir and go fishin' for a week."

She poked me in the stomach with her small fist and said in a nasty tone I'd never heard from her, "Robert Joseph Morse you are one wrong word away from seein' how I gut a fish!"

Okay, okay, so there are some things she don't wanna joke about.

I kissed her ear, nuzzlin' her a bit, and whispered, "Annie, I'll plan somethin' for next week."

My favorite hotel in San Antone was The St. Anthony. The first good thing it had goin' for it was that it was on East Travis. There were probably more boys in Texas named Travis – a name revered in Texas history – than any other name. The hotel was built in 1909 and they reallydon't build them like they used to. It was a lovely place that my parents used to go every year on their anniversary.

I set it up and it was great. If Annie wasn't sure she loved me before, she knew it now. I'm not one for sharin' intimacies ... I'll just say we gotreal close that weekend. I knew Annie was passionate but damn, that gal was a wildcat!

I had been smart enough to get her a ring and one night while we were dinin' on the Riverwalk, near the Alamo, I got down on my knees and everthin' and Annie just cried. It took near a half-hour 'fore I figgered out she had said yes.

~~~~~~

And how did it all end? Well Annie and I got married a few months after we went to San Antone and we spent our honeymoon at the old line shack. Well, actually we went to Hawaii and, after we got back, we spent a night at the line shack but who's complainin'.

And "the other woman?" She's "the woman" now. And there will never be another "other!" She did say somethin' about bein' late one day at dinner. Ain't that just like a woman – they seem to be late all the time. 'Cept this time bein' late meant I'd have a boy to take over the ranch for me in a few years ... and we named him Travis.

JakeRivers
JakeRivers
1,061 Followers