The Pandora Effect Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

He tossed the handset down roughly and pushed his throat mike. Adam turned his face so Carl wouldn't see the snarl as the irritation rose within him. "Listen up everyone, change of plans. It seems the fucking tangos' brought more help than expected. Wolfie, I was trying to keep this whole thing down to a low roar, but we're going to have a truck full of unwanted quests real soon."

"The wolf man copies. I have a round in the chamber; you just tell me where to put the little sweetheart."

"Let the friendlies make their way out and then you'll see a semi with a red cab. Let him get to the beginning of the concrete dividers; then I want that engine block as useless as a nun on a prom date."

"You got it Mr. Dawson," Wolfie replied with a chuckle.

"Everyone else, if they so much as crack that God damn back door, I want all guns on the trailer and the first BMW." Adam's tone left little to the imagination at the amount of damage he wanted thrown at the mercenaries.

**********

Bob Holiday continued to tap his fingers on the steering wheel as the bow opened at a labored pace. He squinted as the bright rays of sunlight entered the bay. He had his MP5 laid across his lap as he monitored the two black sedans and the truck ahead of them.

"If that damn Hostess truck would get the hell out of the way, the snipers would have a clear shot before we even get off this tub," Bob thought

"We're at the tail end of a shitty situation here Senior Chief, how do you wanna play this?" Bill asked as he checked his own MP5.

"Your guess is as good as mine Bill. I'm sure Adam is counting on us to take up the rear so after we block the other friendlies behind us, I'd say shoot anyone holding a weapon that isn't a United States Navy SEAL."

Randy crouched low in the back seat as he checked his ammo bag and then looked up front. "After all the years of training, all the dangerous missions, all the shit holes you had to go to and fight in, that's the advice you have?"

"Look on the bright side. If we all die here on this mission; you won't have to act gay anymore."

"Oh you're a fucking riot Bob," he replied, as he pulled the slide back and chambered a round.

"Um -- did I miss a really cool moment upstairs?" Bill asked as he turned to look at his own team Chief.

**********

Kevin looked on as the bow doors separated. He pulled the slide back; then with a flick of his thumb, released the safety. He looked over at his teammate for the ambush, John Balch, as he observed the angel clicking his own safety off and muttering a small prayer.

"Think the old man is gonna help us on this one?" From the cloudless sky, rolling booms of thunder could be heard all around them.

"You should know Kevin, he doesn't like to be called that, and I think we want him on our side at the moment."

"Funny you should say that, Gabriel said the same thing."

**********

Garrett looked around the corner of the small building that concealed his location. He could see the bow doors were almost open now and it was just a matter of time before the first target was in range when he heard the thunder.

"You got to be kidding me, now we gotta take these fucks in the rain," Garrett said as he waited for the first vehicle to exit.

"I can't figure out why, there isn't a cloud in the sky," Jake answered back as he checked his weapon over.

**********

Bashir flipped the map open and checked the route to London Heathrow airport one last time. He knew security would be weak at the port, although it was best to be on guard when they reached the target.

"Try not to get any more phone numbers on our way out of the gate Rashida, and don't lose our stupid friends up there. I want to get the virus to the airport and wait for the start of our new world."

Rashida reached her hand over and placed it on Bashir's more masculine one. "Just think my love, in a few weeks, the whole world will be ours to do with as we please."

"Hmmm. Make sure you watch the roads, it sounds like it's going to rain," Bashir said as he folded the map and placed it in the glove box, covering the 9mm handgun.

**********

Mark Wolfhorst kept the center of the cross hairs on the chest of the lone crewmember as he waved the cars off. As the first one pushed the accelerator, it emerged into the bright light and made its way off the steel ramp, they followed one by one down the white painted lines on the black asphalt. Mark adjusted his aim and waited for his target.

The lead car, a tan Nissan, maneuvered towards the concrete barriers that separated the driving lanes. The young, vibrant female driver had no idea that her little car just exited the scope of a very dangerous Navy SEAL sniper. "Wow, cute blond," he whispered.

"Wolfie, your target is about to exit after a Hostess truck," Adam radioed, then ducked back behind the car he used as cover.

"Copy Adam."

The two SEAL snipers monitored the semi as it left the ramp, followed by two black BMW's. Adam remained out of sight, as he waited for the report of the sniper rifle. Directly across the open area, past the other side of the lanes, Garrett Brown leaned his head out. When he saw Bashir scanning the area, he ducked his head back behind the safety of the building.

**********

Wolfie moved his sensitive finger off the guard and pressed it with care against the trigger. "Hi there, you little fucker. I was wondering; did you happen to check your oil before leaving the ferry? It seems you have a leak, right -- about -- there."

The crack of the .50 caliber projectile breaking the sound barrier could be heard all around, as the engine block of the semi-truck sputtered and began making grinding noises. The startled driver tried to maintain control as he veered left then right. The nose of truck came to a sudden halt, as it slammed hard into the concrete barrier. The rig jack-knifed in an awkward position, but in doing so, it blocked the entire exit lane. Every SEAL realized the moment had arrived -- the ambush was now on.

**********

Fredrick heard the boom of a large caliber rifle, then stared at the truck as it went out of control. He turned the wheel of his sedan hard to the left, trying to avoid the wreckage ahead of him. Just as he was about to turn the wheel again, he saw two men in green flight suits emerge from behind one of the parked cars. He was blinded as the windshield exploded into small pieces, and out of reflex, stepped on the gas pedal.

"Carl move!" Adam screamed, shoving his friend hard as the speeding car hurled towards them.

The large black SEAL dove through the air as the right fender of their hideout traveled under him. Adam Dawson wasn't as lucky as the passenger door connected with his body and pitched him backwards. The years of training took over and he allowed his body to relax as he hit the ground hard and rolled to absorb the harsh impact.

Carl was dazed as his head hit the pavement. Through blurred vision, he saw the rear doors open and a blond haired gunman emerge and raise a small automatic machine pistol at the SEAL's chest. Carl raised his own MP5, but he knew it wouldn't be in time; the gunman had him dead to rights. Before his astonished eyes, the mercenary's face exploded in a mass of blood and brain as V-man's sniper round exited his skull.

**********

Rashida saw the lead car turn left and she yanked the wheel hard right and stepped on the accelerator. As she flew across the open area trying to escape the ambush, she saw two men dart from around the corner of a small building. Bashir recoiled as bullet holes appeared on the hood and then tore through the side window just behind him. He could also hear the rear passenger's door taking rounds as he reached over for the wheel.

**********

"Bravo, go!" Jack Patrick swung his MP5 up and pulled the trigger. He realized his aim was off as the burst went through the rear door and window. The two other members from Bravo fire team joined him as they placed their rounds near his.

Garret watch in horror as the rear of the car began to sustain damage. "Don't hit the God damn virus Bravo! The terrorists, yes; but not the fucking virus!"

**********

Bob Holiday steered the nose of his car towards the steel bulkhead that framed the exit for the ferry. With the exit of the ferry impassable, the three SEALs jumped out and raised their weapons. The Senior Chief gasped in disbelief as he watched his team leader fly through the air.

"Man down!" he screamed, then remembered he didn't have his throat mike on.

It took the seasoned SEAL just seconds to figure out the situation was declining at an accelerated rate, and began firing on the second BMW as it swerved towards Garrett and Jake.

**********

Covering the end of the bottleneck, Kevin saw the semi driver exit the cab with an AK-47 pointed towards their location. With a three round burst to his chest, Kevin allowed the driver to sleep -- for the rest of his life. All of a sudden, he heard the report over his radio of what they all feared would happen. Kevin and John scrambled to the rear corner of the Hostess truck as he watched the Mexican driver run away in panic.

"John, get ready. If they come around this way, you're gonna have to put them down."

"Trust me Kevin, I wasn't always an angel."

**********

"Shit, more bad guys coming out of the trailer! Out the back and side!" Jake screamed into his radio

Adam held onto Carl's shoulder as he checked the condition of his hip, then looked over towards the trailer. "All teams concentrate fire on that truck!"

**********

"There, head in there!" Bashir yelled, pointing towards a single loading dock in the largest of the terminal buildings about fifty yards in front of them.

The speed of the BMW, combined with the rounds that continued to riddle the upper half of the car, caused Rashida to enter the loading dock too fast. With both feet, she stood on the brakes as it locked the tires and skidded to a crashing halt against the rear cement wall.

Bashir reached into the glove compartment and pulled out the 9mm Glock in one smooth motion. He rushed towards the overhead door controls and fired in the direction of Garrett and Jake. He saw the two S.A.D. men drop to the ground and return fire towards him. When Bashir reached the end, he hit the button and the steel door began to make its way down.

Just before the door concealed them in the building, Bashir took aim and sent his final round of the clip towards Garrett's head. He saw the older man roll to the side, then continue firing his MP5.

**********

"Aim high!" Garrett screamed.

"I know I heard you the first time. Remember, I'm a werewolf!" Jake yelled back as he fired another three round burst.

"Shit, they went into that building. Let's go!" Garrett sprinted towards the building with his point man hot on his tail.

Garrett and Jake saw the overhead door start to close. When they heard the incoming rounds flying by them, they dropped to the ground and continued firing at the partially concealed body of Bashir Haddad.

When he stuck his body out further, Jake thought he might have a chance at causing serious damage to the human form of the sadistic werewolf. He held his shot though when his peripheral vision caught sight of Garrett rolling to the side in pain.

"Fuck, you're gonna pay for that shithead!" Garrett screamed as the asphalt erupted in front of him and peppered his face.

**********

Jack Patrick stood tall as he fired numerous short bursts at the men exiting the truck, while his point man, Carlos Hernandez, kneeled down just to the right of him. He joined Bravo's Officer as they tried to put as much firepower on the end of the trailer as possible. The two SEALs put as many mercenaries down as they could, but the enemy continued to flow out of the trailer like ants out of a disturbed mound.

Carlos winced in pain as some of the hot shell casings from his team leader's MP5 found their way down the back of his flight suit. As he pushed the small button on the side of the weapon, the empty magazine hit the ground just as he was about to slam a fresh on home.

"Who's bright fucking idea was this again?" Carlos screamed out as the cinder blocks of the building erupted in a spray of small chips. Both of them ducked behind the building, as the corner they now hid behind continued to crumble from the incoming rounds.

Jack flinched in a protective move as the chips flew by him and he pressed his throat mike and looked around for another vantage point. "I sure am glad we have them out numbered and out gunned Adam."

**********

Adam looked around as the mercenaries took up firing positions behind the cement lane divider. They had perfect firing position with the built-in lifting slots in the center of the blocks. He ducked behind Fredrick's now useless BMW, as multiple rounds streaked by his body. When he hit the ground, he winced in pain and grabbed his hip just as Carl slid next to him.

"Is it broken Adam?"

"That dead fuck wad behind the wheel didn't get that lucky, but I can't move too fast," he replied as he raised his weapon over the trunk and fired two short bursts.

Carl rose and fired a short three round burst, killing one merc and wounding another. In swift fashion, he saw four men take their comrades place, continuing to turn the car into something similar to Swiss cheese. Carl dropped back down and ejected his magazine, then slammed the full one home. "Sounds like even more bad guys are pouring it on hard at Lieutenant Patrick."

"We gotta get over there, or at least draw some of that fire," Adam replied quickly.

Adam looked towards the ferry as his team Chief and two men from Bravo fired short bursts towards the trailer. Adam raised his weapon and fired three rounds in front of the small group. They all rotated to engage the new target, and observed Adam waving his arm.

With his team leaders hand signals, Bob knew what his Adam wanted. "Bill, get to the back seat and put that .60 out over the roof. We're gonna need it in a few minutes," Bob growled.

"I'm on it," Bill yelled as he fired another burst towards the trailer.

"Get ready to move Tiny; we're going after Adam." Bob emptied his magazine and popped the clip out. "Now"

The two SEAL Chiefs ran back to the car as Bob hurried behind the wheel. "You two get out the windows and keep their fucking heads down."

Bob stepped on the gas and aimed straight for his teammates. He could feel the concussion of the .60 caliber machine gun sounding off above him, as he cranked the steering wheel and slid sideways just in front of Adam's position. He looked back and saw Carl holding up Adam as they made their way to the side.

"Bob, get us over on the other side to reinforce Bravo," Adam ordered.

As Adam slid around Bill Haley, he moaned in pain. "Are you hurt Commander?"

"Just a paper cut, keep pouring it at them SEAL."

"Alright everyone, full auto on three. One -- three," Bob screamed, then pushed his foot to the floor.

"All teams covering fire now!" Adam shouted out over the radio.

**********

Kevin looked to his left towards the large building the second BMW drove into. He fired another three round burst into the corner of the trailer, letting the mercenaries know not to even think about coming around that side.

"John, we're going to head towards that door over there and get behind that barricade. Keep firing as we move, and try not to get killed -- again," he said with a short laugh.

"Tell me again moron why I brought you back?" he said as he fired three short bursts just underneath the trailer, hoping for a ricochet.

"Now!" Kevin screamed.

Both men bolted for the barricade as they fired their MP5's towards the mercs location. It took a few fleeting moments to reach the waist-high obstruction. When they were within a few strides, the pair dove through the air as incoming rounds peppered the wall of the building. Kevin came up firing as he saw Bob's car begin to cross the open area.

The mercenaries crouched behind the wall saw it too and opened fire with vigor. They were only able to fire for a few moments as the incoming rounds from the SEALs forced them to crouch lower between the wall and the trailer.

**********

Bob Holiday had the pedal as far as it would go as he felt the car shudder from the impacting rounds. When he saw the white smoke begin to bellow from the engine compartment, he swerved to avoid any more damage. When he did, he felt the stabbing torture of two rounds from an AK-47 that tore through his left shoulder.

He tried to control the damaged car for a few more moments as the pain engulfed his upper body. Bob skidded to a stop next to the building, as the SEALs exited the right side of the car. Now that the covering fire was complete, everyone ejected their mags and slammed fresh ones in.

Bill Haley dragged Adam to the relative safety of the small building and began checking him over. When he ripped the leg of his flight suit open, he was relieved to find the bone wasn't sticking out. From the way the team leader was grimacing, he knew it was a least cracked somewhere near the hip.

"I wish I had a splint for you Adam, but since I don't how about some morphine?"

"I'll live Bill, get to work on Holiday," Adam ordered then pressed his mike. "Snipers, how about a little help down here, you're not getting paid to watch the show."

"I'd love to Adam, but that fucking idiot slammed the cab against the wall, I can only see some of the top of the retaining wall." V-man fired another well placed round into the cement top as he heard the strain in his commander's voice.

"Sorry Commander," Wolfie added. "All I can see is the damn tires. I've put a few rounds through the trailer door but I can't see anything."

"You two are starting to fit the profile of that nun," Adam muttered as he looked for an exit route, but realized they were pinned down. "Okay, it's official, this is starting to suck."

**********

Bashir ran in from the back of the building as he held the small 9mm down towards the floor. Rashida joined him in the middle of the large building after checking the front and sides. With nervous eyes, they continued to scan the interior of the building for a safe way out. He muttered under his breath as he realized they were trapped. "Shit, the only way out is towards the fire fight."

"Why don't we just toss a few vials out and kill their assault team?" Rashida asked as she contemplated going out the front door.

"We'd risk infecting our own escort, and right now that's who's keeping the bastards occupied. Get the canisters out of the car and we'll hide in that office for now. If it comes down to it, we'll release the entire virus here, and escape as our true form before the humans can react."

"What about the other wolves with them?"

"They've been playing with the humans for years like obedient mutts; I'm not worried about them," Bashir growled as he headed towards the wrecked BMW.

**********

Carl grabbed the .60 caliber and raised it over the roof of the damaged vehicle. The ammo belt reached down to his knees but he dispersed of it in just seconds as he sprayed the trailer and divider in unrelenting hail of hot bullets.

Carlos Hernandez saw the heavy gunner from Alpha duck down and start to reload the machine gun. He knew the team had to keep fire superior on their side, so he jumped up and joined Carl on the right side of the car.

He began firing short bursts at the retaining wall, trying to keep the enemy pinned. Just as Carl brought the weapon up, they both saw the shoulder-fired weapon emerge from behind the concrete wall. They had no time to return fire, as the projectile headed for them.

"Fuck me, incoming RPG," Carl screamed as he dove back behind the building.

The two SEALs hit the ground hard as the rest of the team collapsed their bodies to avoid any shrapnel. The riddled car they used as a shield shot upward from the powerful blast, spinning like a child's toy before coming to rest upside down in a fiery mass of metal.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers