The Pearl Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chang looked over with curiosity. "I'm sorry?"

"Um, it's this quote from a movie I saw. I don't remember it exactly, but to paraphrase, 'One thousand years ago everybodyknew the earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybodyknew the world was flat.'" Here I stopped quoting the movie and changed it to fit my own experience. "Two weeks ago, Iknew that dragons didn't exist, and five minutes ago Iknew that I couldn't shape shift. Just think what I'llknow tomorrow."

"I like that."

I looked down at my human form. "Uh, where did the clothes come from?" I asked, considering that the actual outfit was shredded in my initial change.

"You envisioned them, so they are there. Most likely they are formed from water."

"So, if I lose focus, I'll be naked?"

"No, if you lose focus, you will be a dragon."

"Good to know."

Before we could go any further, the sensation I got when someone was searching for me swept over my body. I looked at the sun and realized it was late afternoon. We had been at this for awhile. Chang noticed the change in my attention and looked at me.

"Dakota is looking for me," I explained.

"Ah, Miss Dakota. I look forward to meeting her."

I nodded as I moved in that direction. Things went a bit blurry and then I was at the spot Dakota normally looked for me. It took me a moment to realize I had somehow teleported from where I was to this new spot, and that the river was somehow responsible. A feeling of self-satisfaction came from the river.

If shit like this was going to happen, I wanted an owner's manual or something. I quickly ambled up the bank and Dakota was there, looking up and down the river. When she saw me, she stared intently, as if she knew me but was uncertain when or how we'd met.

"Hey, Dakota," I said.

Her face lit up in recognition. "Sebastian?" she asked.

When I nodded, she ran over and hugged me. I was startled for a moment, but then returned the hug.

"What happened?" she asked into my ear while hugging me.

"Remember what those books you read said about shape shifting?" I asked.

Dakota stepped out of the hug but continued to hold my hands. "Yes."

"Well, Chang showed me how to do it. Cool, huh?"

She smiled. "Pretty spiffy."

"Spiffy?" I asked. "Do people still say that?"

"Would you prefer motherfucking spiffy?"

"Well, it's edgier," I said, nodding sagely.

She released one of my hands to slap my shoulder. "What have you decided to do?" I could tell it was a question she practiced asking.

"I'll be staying." The relieved look on her face made me feel I had made the right decision. She hugged me again. We stood this way until I felt somebody staring. I looked over and saw Chang. I reluctantly pulled back from her embrace. I took Dakota by the hand and led her over to where Chang was on the bank. He was back in dragon form.

"Dakota, this is Chang. Chang, this is Dakota."

Dakota put her hands together and reverently bowed from the waist to Chang. Chang deeply lowered his head to her in response.

"I'm very pleased to meet you," he rumbled, in English. "I have heard a great deal about you from Sebastian. You have been very kind to him these last few days."

Dakota rose up out of the bow. "Thank you. It's been my pleasure. It's very nice to meet you, too."

I leaned in close to Dakota. "I didn't know the Chinese bowed."

She whispered back, "I don't know either; it just seemed the thing to do."

Chang chuckled. "It was a gesture of respect and honor. I take it as such and return it as such," he explained with a nod of his head.

Dakota jumped up suddenly. She looked at me with a tremendous smile on her face. "I almost forgot. I found this restaurant with a statue that looks almost exactly like you. Or, you when you're a dragon." She grabbed my hand and began dragging me off. "I've got to show you." She pulled up short and looked at Chang. "If that's all right?"

Chang smiled and waved us on with his claw. "Certainly. Enjoy. Of course, if they have particularly good dumplings, please do bring some back."

Dakota smiled brilliantly. "Will do," she responded and began to drag me off again.

"Dakota," I protested, "I'm not human. I'm still a dragon. Remember... three of everything from Toxic Taco? I'm going to wipe you out at any sort of restaurant."

Dakota looked over at me and dismissed my argument with a radiant smile. "Don't worry! It's a buffet."

I couldn't help but laugh as I followed her back to the human world.

To Be Continued...

12