The Pet Wolf Ch. 05

Story Info
The Frenchman's life changes and Calvin goes home.
6.5k words
4.56
11.4k
15
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ironsilk
Ironsilk
117 Followers

I know my chapters have been short and I apologize for this. I'm working on my lengths and I hope if nothing else I will post quicker so that if they are short there won't be a long wait like last time. I truly enjoy everyone's comments and I hope to meet everyone's expectations better :-) This post contains some new side stories going on with other characters. Tell me what you think I can't wait to hear everyone's comments!

*****

He walked out to his '69 GTO judge with his head swaying as he chuckled.

"Can't believe I actually played Extreme," he laughed.

His name is Luc Montreau. He prefers being called Lu though. A preference that his parents have never enjoyed, god rest their souls.

He pops the trunk and gently places his guitar case in and closes the lid firmly.

He walks around whistling the song More than Words by Extreme. He thinks back to the chestnut haired beauty that had requested him to play the song.

Chuckling he says aloud to himself, "Ah ma belle femme. You were a delight to meet."

He starts the car and is greeted with the low purring rumble of the engine. A lopsided grin graces his chiseled jaw. Putting on black Ray Ban glasses he pulls onto the street in the night. Little does he know how much his life is going to change tonight.

*****

She has been watching him for weeks, though it feels like just yesterday when she spotted him.

Dressed in tight fitting faded blue jeans with a simple black shirt and black leather jacket, her simple clothing belies her extraordinariness.

She turns sharply, her combat boots grinding the gravel beneath her feet. She strides down the alley way and, with the grace of a feline, places her leg over her '01 Hayabusa.

She revs the motor a couple of times before pulling out onto the same street as Luc.

As she keeps pace at a distance she thinks back to when she first found him.

*****

"Aracely? Aracely?! " questioned the man as he poked the woman sitting across the table from him.

"Ay what papá?" responded the woman. She was clad in the same black jacket but with a bright purple shirt and similar faded jeans.

"You looked lost in your thoughts mija. So I had to pull you back. What's bothering you?" her father asked.

"Just some stuff from work papa. How is mamá?" Aracely asked trying to change the subject.

"She is well. But you know...I used to do the same work as you. Why don't you tell me about it?" her father inquired as the waiter brought them their coffees and breakfast.

Her face had a rumpled half grin half frown. Her delicate tan mixed with her expression made her look absolutely adorable. A word most in her profession wouldn't use to describe her.

Aracely took a long slow drink with her eyes closed. She relished in the dark nutty flavor of the rich coffee.

"Pues...this new assignment. It's...just so basic. All I have to do is find this Frenchman. Once I find him I'm supposed to inform the archbishop in the area and keep tabs on him. I mean it's...well it's a job for a new one to the order papá," she finished with a slight sigh taking another plug from her coffee.

"Frenchman...hmmm. Sabes que! I remember something about a French family. Dicé. What is his name?" asked the aged man.

He was wearing a light off white button up shirt and khakis. His relaxed dress and nature belied his own past of secrets.

Aracely squinted her eyes in thought, "Luc...Luc Montreau. Si. That was his name."

Her father set his coffee down slowly. He wiped his lips with a napkin as his eyes slowly moved left and right in thought. Finally sighing he spoke, "Montreau. There is a name I have not heard since before you were born mija. I...I..."

"Que papá? What's wrong? I don't think I've seen that look on your face since I fell off my first horse," she queried with a concerned look of her own.

"I...I cannot say mija. You know that you never really retire from this work. Maldita mi suerte. I'm going to see if I can either take this assignment or at least get another to take it for you. This man. His family has a long history in the order. Longer than our own family. They are especiál. That is all I can say for now. Pardòn. I must go. Continue your assignment as normal unless contacted to change. Mija. Por favor. Cuidado." Her father finished and got up abruptly.

Aracely sat there for a moment and then walked to the register and paid their ticket.

As she strapped on her full face black helmet, she found herself feeling a little uneasy. Her father just wasn't the type to be shaken like that.

Pues, off to this ristoranté, she thought to herself.

She had heard that, ironically, a local French restaurant had a guitarist that was actually French. It wasn't much to go on, true. But at the moment it was the only lead she had and it was information acquired from the local church.

She sped off on her midnight blue Hayabusa. Easily picking her way through the traffic she arrived at the restaurant. Looking around and memorizing the surroundings she took off again to find a decent hiding spot to watch from.

She parked her Hayabusa in the alleyway by a music store she found. She threw a tarp over her bike, to keep nosey people from seeing it. Looking around she found the fire escape ladder and hopped up to pull it down.

"Chingaté. It's rusted stuck," she said under her breath.

She made some more cautious looks around her and then leapt up grabbing a couple rungs up and pulled herself. She deftly made her way up the ladder and found herself on the roof.

"Perfecto," she mused aloud as she surveyed the surroundings.

She settled herself down placing her jacket bundled up behind her head for a nap. The restaurant wouldn't be open for a few hours.

As she lay there, her sleep wouldn't come. Instead she found herself thinking about her life and how she came to this point.

She had grown up listening to her father's stories of his life. How he had once considered becoming a priest but then was approached by the Order of Saint Jean Plantaird de Claire. She remembered that what followed was a life filled with intrigue, fantastical events, murder, and conspiracy.

She had thought that that life sounded so exciting as a child. As an adult. Things were much different. First it was hard enough to prove herself a candidate. Even with her father's standing it was tough just getting the order to admit they were real. Excitement was there but reality has a way of smacking you in the face.

She was pulled from her thoughts as she heard the low rumble of a car. She sat up to take a look.

A beautiful black GTO Judge, complete with the original font.

Aracely wasn't big into cars but she couldn't help but admit. That car was pristine and screamed bad ass.

She watched the car park and saw him. Her first reaction was that he matched the picture she had seen of him. Her second and prolonged reaction...what a gorgeous specimen of a male.

"Chingao...pictures don't do you justice señor Montreau," she said tenderly under her breath.

*****

Her reminiscing is abruptly interrupted by a horn honking as a car swerves around her. Realizing she had let herself day dream she scans her immediate horizon looking for the car with Luc in it. Just as she's sure that she lost him she catches sight of him about 3 blocks ahead of her turning right.

She speeds up a little trying to close the gap a little. As she turns the corner she realizes that he's parked and she rode right by. She silently curses and looks for a nearby ally to park.

She covers her bike again and begins walking back towards the building he entered.

"A bar? So señor Luc. You like to have some drinks after work," she said aloud to herself.

She stood looking at the bar's name, Bottom o' the Barrel.

"Sounds like a classy place," she said sarcastically to herself.

She stood to the side for a while watching people come into the bar. After deciding the crowd looked a little better than she expected she decides to go in.

The bar has tables scattered around with no real distinct pattern and there is a small dance floor and stage. She approaches the end of the bar where she can clearly see her surroundings.

"Hello there! What can I getcha sweetheart?" asks a thin man behind the bar.

Aracely observes him, "I think I would like a double tequila, Patron please."

"Ooouu I love your accent sweetie. Let me grab that for ya. Salt and lime?" asks the man, a little more flamboyance showing.

"Gracias pero no. I like it plain," she replied with a small smile.

The man smiles and walks to the wall behind the bar. He finds the Patron and pours the double shot and places it in front of her.

"That'll be 16.50, you want to pay now or start a tab?" the bartender asks.

"Ummm. I guess I will have a tab for now, por favor," she says.

"Will do sweetie. If you need anything my name is Duke," he says.

Aracely can't hide the shock on her face.

Before she can ask he answers, "I know it's so butch. But my parents were huge John Wayne fans. They had no way of knowing that I would end up preferring riding cowboys instead of being one."

He walks off laughing to attend another at the bar.

Aracely shakes her head with a smile. She gazes across the bar room as she takes a sip and almost chokes. She sees him. Luc.

Luc has situated himself on a stool on the stage with a microphone before him and his guitar resting in his lap.

"Bonsoir Mesdames et Messieurs. Please feel free at any time to make a request and I hope you enjoy my simple playing," he finished while cracking his neck and beginning to strum his guitar.

Aracely inwardly chided herself for being caught off guard.

Ok so he's handsome and...and talented. He's a target, she thought to herself.

Aracely watched and listened. She became so caught up in his song she didn't even notice that Duke was back.

He sighed then spoke, "I feel ya sweetie. He's beautiful and his voice is like a manly angel."

Aracely blushes, "It's the tequila. I don't drink often."

Duke smiled, "Oh I'm sure. As far as I know he's single, by the way"

Duke saunters off again seeing a familiar face.

Aracely sits watching Luc for quite some time. She finds herself even joining in the applause every so often with the rest of the bar. She could recognize his definite talent at singing and playing. It seemed as if no one could stump him with a request either.

As Duke yelled last call, Aracely couldn't believe she had just sat there listening that long. She paid out her small tab and headed out the door.

Luc was playing Closing Time by Semisonic. He had always enjoyed this song. Not to mention the slight pun of playing it at the bar's actual closing time.

He finished his song and hung around for a moment. Normally he would talk with Duke for a little while after everyone left but he could see there was still a man at the bar. And Duke looked more than slightly interested in conversing with said man.

Luc smiled and waved and headed out into the street. Humming a tune to himself he placed his guitar case back into the trunk and slid into the driver's seat. He began thinking about the new face he had seen at the Barrel. New faces aren't completely uncommon but rarely as alluring as hers.

Luc thought to himself, What is your name you almond skinned belle? Two beautiful and unforgettable women seen in one night.

Aracely had waited patiently for him to emerge from the bar. Her headlight off on her bike, she pulled in behind him, as he took off, closer than normal. She kept pace and gradually let him pull further and further ahead.

Traffic is oddly dead for bar closing time, she thought to herself.

Suddenly she felt her phone vibrating in her jacket pocket. She knew Luc was heading to his apartment most likely, but she didn't want to stop following. After realizing that she was being ringed a second time she begrudgingly pulled over.

"Si?" she answered almost rudely.

"Mija, I have good news. Your assignment is complete. They are about to pick him up now," her father said on the other end.

"That's it? Es todo?" she queried sounding slightly dejected.

"Si mija. Trust me it's a good thing that you're done. I'm still talking with the archbishop here and you still aren't cleared for any more information," her father said.

"So what do I do now?" she asked.

"Go home mija. Get some rest," he said warmly to her.

*****

Luc pulled into the parking lot of his apartment complex and let the car idle for a moment. Finally feeling a bit on the tired side, he locked his door and retrieved his case from the trunk. He began walking slowly towards the staircase when a man walked in front of him a few feet away.

"Monsieur Montreau correct?" asked the man.

"Oui. And you are?," Luc asked

"My name is not important at the moment. Your services are needed," said the man flatly as four others emerged around Luc.

"My services? This is odd way to hire a musician monsieur," He said to the strange man.

"I do not know much about your talents monsieur Montreau but they are needed. Now you may come with us quietly or we will use force if necessary. Though I would say I'm loathe to potentially damage you," said the man in the same flat voice.

Luc stood for a moment considering his options. He might be able to get away, possibly even knock out one or two of the men. But they obviously knew where he lived. Where would he go?

"Amende puis...I will go with you. But merci, be careful with my guitar," he finished.

He was lead to a van and climbed in reluctantly. The other men followed suit save for the man who had been talking. He nodded to the driver and got on his phone.

"The last Montreau is on his way sir," he said into the cell phone and hung up.

Aracely couldn't help herself and had gone ahead and continued to his apartment. She couldn't really hear the conversation. A fact which meant her curiosity was still unfed. She didn't know why, but she had to know more about this man and why her order wanted him.

*****

I can feel something rubbing on my side. The soft slow movements gradually awaken me. As I open my eyes I see the first shafts of daylight coming in through the window.

Mmmm that feels so nice, I think to myself.

As my drowsy amber eyes slowly look around, I remember where I am. I look over and see her.

Her silky chestnut hair is pulled to one side over her shoulder. Her eyes have a slight sorrowful look and there is the slightest grin on her face.

I almost let myself get caught in the moment and then the memory of last night flashes. Her flushed cheeks and open mouth the only thing I can see. I scurry up to my paws and back away from her.

"What's wrong boy? It's because I keep leaving you alone isn't it?," Riley asks as if I can respond.

I walk over towards the front door and sit chuffing.

No I'm not pissed because you keep leaving me alone. I'm pissed because I'm an idiot who is letting myself get attached to you, I thought to myself.

She stood and started to walk towards me and I growled slightly and then looked away from her.

She stopped and looked confused and hurt.

"Ok. I guess you just want some space. Maybe it's for the best since your owner should be here soon to pick you up. I'll make us some breakfast ok boy?" Riley asked and turned and headed to the kitchen.

I laid my head on my paws and let a low whine out. Not loud enough for her to hear, just loud enough for my pity party. I could hear her in the kitchen moving pans around and opening and closing the fridge door.

I think to myself, where is mr. Fantastic from last night. Probably a hit and quit it kinda guy. Ugh why am I even thinking about anymore.

The smells of bacon and eggs makes my stomach growl. I grudgingly get up and stretch.

I think inwardly, Just because I'm a bit upset is no reason to starve myself right? Right.

I pad quietly into the kitchen and watch her. She's wearing knee length cargo shorts and a loose fitting baby blue shirt. I find myself sighing inside. Even just moving around the kitchen she has this slight air of grace. Her arm movements as she scrambles the eggs are fluid. The real downside here is that those shorts do nothing for her ass.

I resign myself to a spot by the back door. I sit and look into her backyard. The lush green grass looks inviting. As the sun continues it's ascent, the suburban scene before me is comforting. Birds are waking up and singing to the world. The neighborhood is starting to wake as well. It's not the harsh bustling of the inner city though. The occasional car starting, a distant lawn mower going, and the sounds of children playing.

I think to myself, Why does everything have to seem so nice? Oh moon, are you mocking me somehow?

"Well glad you decided to join me for breakfast boy. Sorry I keep calling you boy. It's just...well Fido just doesn't suit you, ya know? And here I am again just babbling to you," she giggles slightly as she puts a bowl of bacon in front of me.

I stare at her until she walks away. Once she takes her seat at the table I begin eating.

The bacon is cooked but not to a crisp. I'm actually a little surprised at the thick cut of the bacon as well.

We both eat slowly just looking at each other. It's plain to see that neither of us is particularly happy this morning.

After we finish eating she cautiously collects my bowl and begins washing dishes. I sit looking bored, which is far from the truth.

My chest feels heavy. Every time I catch her looking my way, my stomach rolls and tumbles.

"You need to go outside?," she asks while moving to open the back door.

I oblige the offer and thank the moon for the brief respite from Riley's presence. I walk over to a tall oak tree in her backyard and lay beside it.

*****

Riley looked out her bedroom window at her wolf rescuer. She was thinking that she felt sadder than she should.

She thought to herself, Sure he rescued me but he's still just a wolf. No he's more than that. There's something there behind those eyes. It's like he...

Her thoughts trail off as she hears the doorbell. She slides her dainty feet into some flip flops and heads to the door. She opens it and is faced with a smiling woman. Possibly early 50's or late 40's.

"Hi! I'm Mary. You called yesterday about my boy Fido?," she said.

Riley smiled and replied, "Yes I did. Please come in."

The woman walked in. She was wearing a plaid long sleeve shirt and blue jeans with brown hikers.

Mary looked around and admired the living room.

"So where is he?" Mary asked.

"Oh he is in the backyard. Follow me." Riley replied.

Riley led the woman to the back door. As she walked she continued talking, "He really is a special boy isn't he? Up until this morning he's been nothing but friendly."

Mary paused by the back door. "Until this morning?" she asked.

Riley sighed, "Yeah. He hasn't been mean, just off putting. I think he's upset that I've had to leave him alone in a strange place so much you know?"

Mary looked puzzled and said, "Um yeah...maybe."

Riley opened the door and I perked up.

Ugh I'm still like a lovesick pup, I thought to myself.

I truly perked up though when I saw my mom beside her. My savior from my place of misery. I ran up to her happily and rubbed my head on her leg.

My mother pet me and I saw Riley to the side. Her beautiful smile back seeing my happiness.

It made my stomach and emotions tumble and smack into each other. I was still depressed from last night but at the same time comforted knowing that my happiness matters to her.

I pay no attention to their small talk about my beautiful coat and how smart I am. I hop into the back seat of the Tahoe and settle myself down.

Ironsilk
Ironsilk
117 Followers
12