The Pledge Mistress Ch. 41

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

----------

The strength of Lisa's character and her ability to lead others became evident throughout the following week. She became almost maniacal about the volleyball tournament. Her new fixation in life was that not only would the Four-Beta Sorority participate under the new uniform rules, but also that they had to win.

Most certainly seeing a team of naked women holding the championship trophy would bring a lot of press coverage to the entire affair. Calling the bluff of the other sororities also would force a lot of people to ask why the Four-Beta Sorority was required to play in the nude, while everyone else wore uniforms. Lisa rightly assumed that once the press got past her team's bizarre participation in the games, the fact that they persisted on playing despite the extremely unfair treatment they were receiving ultimately would win them widespread admiration.

For the first time in her life, Lisa's strong character influenced the thinking of an entire group instead of just one or two other people. Her obsession became the obsession of her teammates. From the very beginning she had Kathleen following her, but that was to be expected because Kathleen was willing to do anything Lisa told her to do. Also, from the very beginning she had Brittany and Erin, who knew that the Four-Beta Sorority's members were suffering because the two defectors were living under their protection. They would be playing against their old enemies and would have to perform well out of pride, honor and the need to prove themselves. Lisa managed to motivate them further by requesting permission to allow her pledges to sleep in the guest room during the run-up to the tournament instead of sleeping exposed on their uncomfortable cots.

From that core of three teammates, Lisa expanded her influence over the other players. Bernadette was the next to fall in behind Lisa's fixation, motivated by her desire to gain respect as freshman class president. Cherine quickly followed, partly out of a desire to impress Jacob, but also because she wanted to keep up with Bernadette. With all five freshmen solidly behind her, Lisa managed to extend her enthusiasm to the team's sophomores, who were not about to be outdone by freshmen and pledges.

Lisa consulted with the previous year's players to determine which of her team members would play during the first matches, which ones would play later, and the arrangement of her team members on the court. As the team practiced, their captain worked out the final roster for her players. For offensive play, she selected herself and the tallest sophomore, as well as Brittany, as the attackers/blockers. Brittany was not tall, but could jump and was good at spiking the ball. The lead defensive player would be Kathleen, who could move very quickly, perform "digs" better than anyone else, and was not afraid to dive when necessary. Lisa would have made her into the team's "libero", but the sororities had not yet adopted recent rule changes establishing that position in the game. Cherine and Bernadette would assist Kathleen as "setters", moving the ball from Kathleen's defensive hits to the offensive players. Erin and three sophomores would be alternates.

The group was coming together, promising a respectable performance. Tracy still did not think Lisa's team was likely to win the first place trophy, but looking at them she did expect the Four-Betas to at least make it through Saturday.

By the beginning of September the entire sorority was involved in volleyball training. Several juniors returned early from summer break to help prepare Lisa's team. The team captain quickly gained the respect of the previous year's players by carefully listening to her predecessors' experiences and asking them to observe the current group's performance and make recommendations. The juniors and seniors took over the household chores to free up additional practice time. The fall elections, which had been planned for the week after Labor Day, also were postponed to not distract from the volleyball tournament. Tracy, instead of becoming Chapter President, would remain in her current post as Pledge Mistress and spend her time processing the applications and interviews of the incoming freshmen.

While they were practicing, Lisa and her teammates shared a secret among themselves that no one outside their circle, not even Tracy, knew about. The team agreed that if observers from other sororities ever came by to watch them practice, the members would deliberately play badly.

"I don't want anyone from the outside to know how we play. Let them think we really suck. That way we can surprise them when we're actually on the court."

----------

Classes started the day after Labor Day. Lisa returned to Burnside's office wearing nothing but her light summer dress and tennis shoes. Once she was in Burnside's office and the door was shut, she took off her dress and noticed a hook on the wall next to her desk. Obviously her professor had not forgotten about her student's desire to continue working naked.

Anticipating a hectic fall semester, Lisa had enrolled in only three classes, just enough to keep her registered as a full-time student. When Burnside found out about the light schedule, she was not pleased. However, Lisa held her ground, explaining that she'd rather do well in a few classes than be overwhelmed by the combination of coursework, her duties as a student aide, and her duties to the sorority.

"I'm more worried about my GPA, Dr. Burnside. If my GPA falls, then I'm screwed. You told me that yourself. The classes I can always take next semester. If I mess up my GPA, that I won't be able to fix."

Lisa managed to silence her professor with that argument. It was true that if Lisa's grade-point average fell, the lower score would affect her standing with the department very quickly.

----------

During the first week of the regular semester, there was a responsibility that kept Tracy, Shannon, Lisa, and Bernadette very busy as soon as classes were over for the day and they returned to the sorority. They had to interview pledge prospects and go over pledge packets. It made sense that Bernadette would be involved in the interviews because she was freshman class leader, but Lisa wondered about the presence of herself and Shannon. She did not know that Tracy already was thinking ahead and that assembled at the table were the members of the future chain of command for the pledge training staff.

Tracy passed out sheets of questions to each of her three companions and encouraged them to fully participate in the panel interviews. As for the prospects, Tracy made them fully aware of the harsh conditions they would have to endure as pledges. As the freshmen stared at her with frightened expressions, she added:

"Every responsibility our training staff will impose on you is written down in the Pledge Manual. Read that manual, and you won't get hit with any surprises. Everything we make our pledges do is for a reason, especially the unpleasant stuff. I'm not going to hide what you're going up against, because I think you deserve the information you need to make an informed decision about whether or not you want to share our journey in life. I have no desire to begin your time with us by lying to you."

Folding her hands and tilting her head slightly, Tracy always concluded with the following:

"So you think about it carefully. It's an important decision and you need to take your time making it. Before you sign a contract, with us or with any other sorority, make sure you visit other chapters and ask them about their pledge programs. Then ask them how rough they are to their pledges. Some of our rivals will tell you up front what'll happen once you sign your contract, and those are the sororities you should consider. However, most of our rivals won't give you a straight story. If you get an evasive answer, or hear 'it's not so bad', I'd immediately get the fuck out and move on to a different house, if I were you. Why would you want to spend your time with a bunch of women who, from the very beginning, aren't going to be honest with you?"

----------

The Monday evening before the tournament, two members of the Sorority Sports League passed by the Four-Beta house to check the final list of players for the Lisa's team. When Tracy took them into the back yard, she was dismayed by how badly her group was playing. Bernadette missed a totally easy shot, Kathleen bounced the ball out of bounds, and then Brittany served right into the net. The two visitors smiled sarcastically as they looked over the list of players and noted Tracy's pained expression.

When the committee members left, Tracy stormed into the back yard to yell at Lisa, only to notice the team suddenly was playing much better. Then she figured out what her players had just done. The committee members were totally fooled, but then, so was she.

Brilliant. Way to go. Absolutely brilliant deception. Looks like the others are in for a bit of a surprise...

----------

There were a total of 18 sororities participating in the games in a series of matches starting Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m. On the first day Lisa's team would play matches against three other teams, followed by more matches on Thursday and Friday. The eight teams with the highest totals of wins would play for the final elimination on Saturday, leaving the four best teams to play on Sunday. It would be a grueling five days, to say the least, especially for the teams making past the elimination matches.

Lisa did not know what to expect as far as clothing was concerned, but decided to assemble her group in the sitting room wearing nothing but tennis shoes. Tracy entered the room with an armful of bathrobes marked with the Four-Beta logo, and passed one to each player. She was wearing one of the robes herself, as was Shannon, who was trailing behind her with another armful of robes.

As the volleyball team put on their robes, they heard a loud male cheer outside, which was answered by the cheering of women from inside the sorority house. Then came the chant:

"FOUR-B!"

"TRIPLE-A!"

"FOUR-B!"

"TRIPLE-A!"

"FOUR-B!"

"TRIPLE-A!"

When the team members looked out the windows, they saw the entire Tri-Alpha Fraternity standing in the driveway in bathrobes. Then they noticed that the women crowding the stairs and hallway also were all dressed in bathrobes. The sorority women filed outside and quickly joined their male counterparts in the street. As Tracy led the volleyball team outside the crowd erupted into cheering:

Standing on the entryway step of the sorority house, President Alexandra raised her hand to silence her audience. Then she read:

"The Directorates of the Four-Beta Sorority and the Tri-Alpha Fraternity have made the following change in their respective members' handbooks. The change reads:

When attending any athletic event in which members of the Tri-Alpha Fraternity or the Four-Beta Sorority are participating, the standard of dress will be set by the highest-ranking officer present. Clothing worn by rank-and-file members will match the clothing worn by the aforementioned officer."

Alexandra stripped off her robe and waved it in the air. She was not wearing anything underneath. The rest of the sorority followed her, briefly exposing their bodies to the hot early September sunshine. Then the fraternity president joined Alexandra, and stripped off his robe to wave in the air. Ninety fraternity members followed suit. Once everyone had their robes back on, Alexandra shouted:

"OK, Ladies and Gentlemen! Let's go watch some volleyball!"

The members of the fraternity and sorority lined up on formation and began marching towards the university. More than 170 university students, all dressed in white bathrobes marked with their respective logos, clapped and sang in unison as they made their way past Old Campus towards the university's basketball stadium.

12