The Quarterback's Only Weakness Ch. 02.5

Story Info
An inner battle erupts.
1.4k words
4.64
30.3k
18

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/24/2022
Created 09/16/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi (:

This half chapter in more of a stepping stone for Chapter 3. But, I hope you like it. Any feedback, ratings, or comments are always helpful; since I want to continue to improve my writing for anyone that reads.

- Sasha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay on my side of the bed huddled into a small ball, attempting to resist my urge to scoot over and press my face into Jake's chest. It was like a craving, an itch that couldn't be scratched, but it was worse than any physical discomfort. It was an emotional need to be comforted in my scrambled and confused state of mind.

I had kissed Jake last night, if even such a word could be used to describe that experience.

I felt, I felt so guilty. I was full of regret. Yet, if I could go back in time I wouldn't change a thing. My body, mind, and heart were having an epic battle in my head actually creating physical pain. My body wanted him. While my head's rebuttal was the fact it was morally wrong, I had nearly grown up with him and worked for him. Then there was my heart that wanted him also, but in a completely opposite way. I wanted to scream!

I sighed and let myself untangle to a normal sleeping position. Closing my eyes tightly I tried to force the sleep to overwhelm me, but Jake was too close. That was when to my dismay he mumbled something in his sleep and scooted closer to me wrapping an arm around my waist while pulling me to him. In a momentary lapse of judgment I gave into that craving and pressed my cheek into his warm chest and moaned in contentment, as his arm tightened around me.

No! My mind revolted. I couldn't help it, it's like my body separated from my mind for a minute. Begrudgingly my body gave in, as I slowly slipped from Jake's grasp. Grumbling his disapproval he reached out blindly for me again, but I rolled over and slipped as far as possible away from him. He got the message as he mumbled something incoherent as he roughly grabbed a pillow and stuffed it under his head.

Coming up on all fours with the covers tumbling off of me I peeked over Jake's shoulder at the alarm clock that read: 7:09. I couldn't go back to sleep now, that alarm clock was about to go off in a minute. I barely had time to fall back onto the bed before my ear drums were greeted with the sound of a series of annoying beeps.

Once again Seth hopped out of his bed like he never was asleep as he turned off the alarm in the process. I was so not in the mood as I slipped out of the bed and into the bathroom before Seth could start stretching.

An hour or so later I sat in the passenger side of Jake's car. I had said maybe three words to him since this morning. I was beginning to feel kind of bad. I was the one who kissed him. But, why did he have to be so damn appealing?

"Alex?" Jake grumbled sounding irritated.

"What do you want?" I asked calmly. For once I was actually trying to avoid provoking Jake's temper.

"Why are you mad at me?" He inquired. His deep voice sounding troubled as his eyes focused on the road intently.

"I'm not." I answered truthfully still staring out the window.

He chuckled darkly. "Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying." I mumbled.

"Don't insult me." He spoke through clenched teeth, the grip on the wheel getting tighter and tighter. That was exactly like Jake; being sad was never an emotion that he would choose, it was always anger.

"Jake." I murmured finally turning to look at him, my eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not mad at you." I restated crossing my arms.

"Then what the hell's wrong with you?" He snapped.

"I'll talk to you about it when we get back." I replied moving to stare out the window once again, shutting him out. I was really trying to buy some time. What was I going to say to him? Our relationship had taken a weird turn. Before we just drifted by day to day just talking about work and nothing more, but now it was complicated.

I just continued to stare out the window thinking, not really feeling the hour tick by as the silence stayed. Unfortunately before I knew it we had pulled up to Jake's two story Victorian style house and the time was slipping through my fingers. God damn it, I didn't want to talk to him!

Slipping my purse over my shoulder I stole a glance at him. He still looked angry with his jaw clenched and his lips a hard line. Sighing I pulled my red suitcase out of the back seat and made my way up the stone walk way. I could literally feel Jake's emerald green eyes boring into the back of my head.

Once in my bedroom I fell back on my bed and groaned audibly staring up at the ceiling. What was I going to say? Putting on my best soldier face I straightened my clothes I stood up ready to face Jake. I marched down the stairs barefoot my own lips now a hard line. But of course Jake stood leaned up against the banister waiting for me.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong with you now?" He snarled staring me right in the eyes with fury.

"Not if you don't settle down." I stated walking down the last few step to stand in front of him.

"I'm fine." He growled in his best 'calm' voice. I stared up at him with soft eyes watching his jaw clench and unclench. I turned and walked away from him, he was still way to upset. I couldn't talk to him like this.

I heard the soft growl that followed my retreat. "So you're going to start that again." He mumbled and turned away himself.

"Start what again!" I shot back at him spinning back around.

"Why can't you just talk to me?!"

"Why?!" I snapped."Maybe because I don't know how I feel!"

`

"That's just another excuse." He snapped. UGH! He was so infuriating; I wanted to punch him in the face!

"Do you know what? " I shouted at him as I closed the distance between us. "Maybe I don't know how I feel!" I restated poking him hard in the chest with my pointer finger causing him to stumble back an inch. "Maybe I'm confused!" I yelled poking him again. "Have you thought about that, hmm?!" I poked him again. Now Jake looked really pissed as he just stared at the finger that was stabbing him.

This must have looked pretty funny to anyone that was watching; I was repeatedly causing the six foot two, broad shouldered and muscular star quarterback to stumble back as I yelled at him.

Slowly Jake's eyes moved to meet mine. He kissed me, hard. This time making me stumble back as his arm snaked themselves around me to stop my backwards fall. My body reacted before my mind did as I pressed into him, crushing my breasts to his firm chest. My hands had already found their way around his neck as I kissed him back. He was nipping at my bottom lip encouraging me to part my lips. I moaned unintentionally allowing him the access. He tasted like the mint tooth paste he used only an hour and a half ago.

It was going too far again. The kiss was becoming hungrier full of desire and my body was reacting; wanting more. I had to stop this. I pressed my palms to his chest trying to push him off of me. But he was mistaking this gesture as passion as his hand moved lower to grip my thighs and lift me easily, wrapping my legs around his waist.

The hell with it! I thought, as the hands that were pushing him away were fisted in his shirt pulling him closer. No! I thought again trying to control my body's reaction to him.

"Jake." I groaned into his mouth. But once again his thoughts opposed mine as he pressed my back into the entrance ways wall. Then I was lost again in the feel and the taste of him. His lips trailed from my own, kissing and nipping lightly down my jaw line and neck.

"Surprise!" A deep voice nearly matching Jake's shouted from the now ajar front door.

Jake stopped immediately as he instantly recognized the voice. His head shot up at the same moment my own jerked to look.

Standing in the doorway was Ray Limington.