The Quarterback's Only Weakness Ch. 03

Story Info
A surprise visitor.
3.2k words
4.72
25k
24

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/24/2022
Created 09/16/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: I don't even know how long it's been since I've written for this story. So, I though better late than never. Enjoy!

SSG

__

It felt as if my whole body was on fire and my body was craving him in a way that wasn't entirely comfortable. I just wanted him to finish what he started this time, but he couldn't, even if he wanted to. Yet, every single pleasurable feeling brought on by Jake had instantly disappeared at the site of Ray.

Ah, Ray Limington. The bastard didn't look a day older. He still was that bear, with those same paws for hands that nearly won him the Super Bowl all those years ago. He was just a bulky man, with the same emerald green eyes as Jake and dark brown hair that was beginning to be peppered with grey.

He laughed. "Whoa," He smiled covering his eyes and putting an arm out in front of him as he dropped the suitcase he held onto the wood floor.

Instantly Jake set me back on the ground as I reached and smoothed his shirt where I had a hold of it.

"Dad...I-we were just-"

"Let me guess." Ray laughed looking genuinely amused as he dropped his hand from his eyes. "She was attacking you right? Yeah, because the last I heard you weren't exactly getting along."

"Yes dad, she was attacking me." Jake replied, voice hard. "Why are you even here?"

"I came here to visit my son, which I haven't seen in four months." Ray smiled walking over to Jake to give him a hearty bear hug and pat on the back. "What I didn't expect was you Alexia." He grinned as he backed away from Jake to face me. "How long have you been dating?"

"We're not." I said far too quickly.

"Well then." Ray mumbled with a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah..." I murmured barely audible. "Well, it was nice to see you Mr. Limington. But, I was just going." I stated reaching for my purse and flats that sat on the floor beside the door. Probably too quickly I opened the door and slipped outside only catching, "Ale-!"

I hadn't taken more than five steps before I heard the door open and slam shut again, but that only made me speed up. If I could just get the hell out of there.

"Alex!" Jake called after me after a short pursuit.

I kept on going. However, Jake was faster as he quickly caught up with me and wrapped a hand around my wrist jerking me backward. "Alex just, just stop."

"What do you want Jake?" I asked quickly as I turned to face him. I have to say Jake looked a little disheveled, from his now wrinkly shirt, lips that were a tad swollen, and messy hair. Damn it, he looked so adorable.

"Why the hell did you just run out like that?" Jake began, but I cut him off.

"Maybe I was a little embarrassed!" I snapped at him, finding the anger past the attraction. "And I just want to go home." That was a big fat lie. The last thing I wanted to do was go back to that big lonely house, all it did was remind me of that empty hole in my life.

"Ha! The last thing you want to do is go home!" Jake exclaimed. Damn it!

"But, I do." I lied smoothly.

"Listen to me." Jake said softly his expression relaxing. With both of his hand cradling my face he looked into my eyes and spoke. "I know how you get when your home and I don't want you there alone. If you want to go so bad, I'll go with you tomorrow."

"No..." I said as he released me, but I tinkered with my hands as I spoke, refusing to look him in the eyes. "I'm not ready to back there yet."

"I know." He spoke. "But, just come back inside." He smiled and gripped my hand and began pulling me up the walk.

"I'm not going back in there." I shook my head smiling as I came to a halt.

"Then where are you going?" He asked a bit cold.

"I haven't seen Amber since-since my mother's funeral. So, I'll go visit her." I looked up at him eyes soft.

"Fine," He sighed unable to argue with me. He knew I had withdrawn myself from all my friends after her death. I haven't even had contact with my best friend from high school, Amber. "Yet, I have conditions." He stated completely serious.

"Okay." I muffled a grin at his over protectiveness.

Looking me straight in the eyes he stated his terms. "Be back by midnight. No alcohol and no guys."

"What do you mean no gu-," I began, but was rudely interrupted. Not that I really minded.

Jake's lips had quickly moved to capture mine. Yet, this wasn't anything like our first two kisses aka full of anger and equal passion. I quickly found my arms moving up slowly to encircle his neck and myself moving up on my tip-toes. He was kissing me in a way I hadn't experienced, tenderly.

But, it didn't last as long as I would have liked.

"No guys." He repeated slowly grazing his lips over mine his arms wrapped around my waist.

"What does this mean?" I whispered eyes still closed and arms still encircling his neck.

"I don't know." He answered truthfully. "All I do know is that I'm confused and that I don't want you with any other guys." He smiled in a way that made me grin back like an idiot.

"Okay." I smiled. "You better go visit with your dad and I'll go over to Amber's."

"Okay." He pouted and kissed me again.

I turned and walked away, still grinning like an idiot. What was he doing to me?

It wasn't long before I pulled up in front of Amber's apartment building. I had to say it had been a while since I had been here, which was horrible. I had to admit I ignored more than a few text messages and phone calls from Amber.

Before long I had made my way up the stairs and stood in front of her door. With a deep breath I prepared myself for the scolding she would give me for basically ignoring her existence for four months. Speeding it along, I quickly knocked and took a step back.

It felt like an eternity before I finally heard rustling and the familiar sound of unlocking. The door crept open and before I knew it Amber stood in front of me looking as shocked as if I was the chubacabra.

Amber had always been pretty, but at the moment she looked as if she just climbed out of bed. Her long blonde hair was in a messy bun and she wore green shorts and a white tank-top. Her golden brown eyes only cut into me for a second longer before the fact I was standing in front of her registered.

"Alexia!" Her face lit up as she hugged me.

"Hi." I smiled as she finally released me.

"Where the hell have you been?" She asked her eyebrows furrowed and hands resting on her hips.

"I just had to get my life back together and stuff."

"Fine." she nodded. "Well, come in! Oh, wait no-."

It only took a step around the corner to see the thing she didn't want me to.

"Blake?" I mumbled unbelieving to the shirtless man on Amber's couch. Yet, this wasn't any shirtless man. It was my exboyfriend Blake Winter.

"Hi." He smiled nervously standing up. I used to think Blake was the hottest man out there, but as I looked at him now he didn't have that charm he used to have on me. He was a pretty guy with dark blue eyes and that same shaggy hair he had when we dated.

"So, you guys are dating now?" I looked back at Amber who looked like she had committed some deadly crime. Yeah, she had broken the girlfriend rule of never dating each other's exes and I'd even admit if I hadn't had my eye on someone else this might would have bothered me, but the truth was she could have him.

"Yes." She answered slowly and in a near whisper. "He lives with me now."

"Wow, I drop off the face of the planet for four months and look what happens." I laughed. I really hoped that they could have a happy relationship. Amber would have sex with him unlike me. In the end that was the killer of our relationship. I couldn't fall in love him and I believe sex comes with love not love comes with sex. I was genuinely happy for them.

"Are you mad?" Amber asked moving to stand beside Blake her shoulders slumped refusing to look at me.

"No." I smiled. "There's no point."

"Okay, good." Her face lit up. Moving over to the couch she plopped down and patted the spot beside her. "Well, sit down and fill me in a little." She insisted.

"I'm going to go take a shower." Blake dismissed himself walking away.

"Well..." She smiled."Start!" That's the thing I loved about Amber, it didn't matter if you were gone four months or four hours.

With a sigh I fell to the spot beside her. "You know Jake right?" I smiled. Part of me still couldn't wait to be like that fifteen year old girl and blab about him.

"Yeah..." Amber nodded her head a grin spreading on her face.

"Well, I kind of moved in with him and he offered to let me take him in as a client." I told her talking far too fast.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"Yeah," I smiled nodding my head. "I just couldn't stand to be in my house after everything, you know? So, Jake offered a way out and I took it. No matter how much I hated him at the time. For about three and a half months I kind of just went along basically just breathing, eating, and working. But, a few weeks ago things started getting weird between me and Jake." I informed her trying to sum up the last four months of my life.

Amber started smiling.

"I was depending on him for everything and I guess somewhere along the lines I started finding myself becoming attracted to him." I looked away voice becoming lower.

"He's always been gorgeous." Amber pointed out.

"So to make a long story short we kissed and I don't know about anything else." I said and then gave a small grin.

"He's really hot." She pointed out again.

"I don't like him just for his looks you pervert." I laughed.

She just sat there smiling. "Are you still a-"

"Yes!" I cut her off.

"Okay, okay. " She grinned. "Well, I'm gonna go put some clothes on and then were gonna go do something. Like old days." She smiled and scurried into her room.

With slow and quiet steps I made my way up the stair of Jake's dead silent house. I had made my deadline, it was 11:45. On my tip toes I passed my room where Ray slept and crept into Jake's room.

From my vantage point by the door I could see his sleeping form as he lay on his back taking soft, slow breaths. On my tippy-toes again I took long steps over to his dresser and pulled out a random shirt blindly and headed into the bathroom. I wasn't gonna go into the room Ray was sleeping in and get my own clothes.

A few minutes later I peeked my head back into Jake's room. Luckily he still lay in the same position asleep. Quickly I sneaked over to his side and planted a kiss on his cheek. I swiftly as I came I turned to go, but was stopped as a quick hand wrapped itself around my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asked voice husky from sleep as I tried to pull out of his grip.

"The couch," I whispered.

He chuckled lightly. "No." Pulling on my arm I unceremoniously fell on top of him.

"You dad is gonna think I'm a hussy." I argued.

"You really shouldn't be worrying about what he thinks." He replied. "Just get under the covers and go to sleep." Pulling down the sheets he patted the spot beside him. Reluctantly I slid beneath the covers and scooted away from him.

"Defiant tonight aren't we?" He asked as he pulled me back over to him.

"Shut up." I mumbled pressed myself to his side. It wasn't that I didn't want to be near him I was just still so confused on what was acceptable and what wasn't. I just wanted him to give me some reassurance that he wanted me near him, which I knew he would.

It wasn't much longer before I drifted off, comfortably pressed to Jake's side.

The next thing I knew I was yanked into consciousness by some soft talking I could barely make out. My eyes still refused to open, but I was beginning to process the words being spoken in the room beside me.

"It's nasty Jake; she is like my daughter and your sister." I heard Ray whisper.

"Her mom just died and your long time girlfriend and she needed someone. And I was willing to be that someone." Jake said sounding defensive.

"So you going to let her run your career, live in your house, and sleep in your bed?"

"Yes Dad!" I heard his volume raising as he was getting angrier. "I care about her and I'm going to take care of her."

"You're making a mistake. She is inexperienced and she'll run your career into the ground." Ray whispered.

"I trust her!" He snapped. "Not to mention she took over her mother's company and is more than capable of running my career!" He growled.

"You don't care about her. The only reason she is here is because she is just a set of tits and an ass for you to play with until you get bored."

All I heard after that was the sickening sound of skin to skin contact at an extreme speed and a muffled grunt that came from Ray Limington. Curiosity got the best of me as I padded barefoot down the hall to where the sounds were originating from, my bedroom.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I stood in the doorway. Jake had punched him. Punched him! Punched him right in the face.

Jake still stood looming of Ray that lay on the floor covering his face with his hands. As soon as Jake saw me he turned and his eyes soften. I couldn't go in there, but I still shot Jake a caring look and turned and left.

Crawling back into Jake's bed I sat up and pulled the covers up around my shoulders and waited.

"Get off the floor and leave." Jake told Ray roughly. All I heard next was the sound of clothes rustling and the burly footsteps down the hall followed by a door slam and then silence. I couldn't help but climb out of bed and canter down the hallway to my bedroom. Jake sat on the edge of my bed his face in his hands as he stared down at the floor. He was nearly shaking in rage.

"Jake." I murmured walking over to sit next to him. Pressing myself to his side I run my hand up and down his back in an attempt to comfort him.

"You shouldn't have heard that." He stated not moving to look at me.

"You defended me." I pointed out.

"I shouldn't have let him stay last night, after I knew how you felt about him. But, I didn't listen. Thanks to me you're upset and I punched my father!"

"Jake!" I exclaimed standing up. Grabbing hold of his wrists I jerked his hands away from his face and then lifted his chin to force him to look at me. I could see the reason he didn't want me to see his face. His green eyes looked so dull and depressed that they stole my breath away. "I'm not upset, angry, or sad." I told him as I reached down to tickle right below his chin with my pointer finger. "Yes, you punched your father and I'm not ashamed to say I think he deserved it." I smiled.

Finally Jake gave me a small weak grin, but it still was one no matter how wimpy. "He just makes me so mad." He muttered lowly bowing his head into his hands again. "I feel so fucking horrible about this."

"Hey, I'm not upset and your dad will heal."

"I know." He sighed. "He can stand there and insult me, my life, and career all he wants. But, when he brings you into something I just, just snap."

Sitting down beside him again I let him talk. "Never ever doubt that I care about you Alexia." He said looking me in the eyes now. "I want you to know everything he said was completely wrong. I didn't let you live here and help you get your career back on track because I wanted something from you."

"I know that." I told him. "Yet, I could never thank you enough for all you've done for me. I was a complete asshole to you for a long, long time."

"To be completely truthful I was just happy you let me help you." He revealed his voice was low. "But, let's not sit here and dwell on the past." He stood up and pulled me into a quick hug still no look of happiness on his face. "You're gonna be late for work and I'm gonna be late for practice." He attempted a smile. Turning he left the room.

I couldn't stand seeing Jake so sad. It made me sad. I stood there for a second processing all his words before I decided I needed to see a real smile from him before I left for work.

"Jake!" I called after him as I jogged down the hallway.

"Yeah?" I heard him answer from his room. I continued down the hall walked into his room. He was already partially dressed wearing only black gym shorts and with his cleats in one hand.

I swiftly moved over to him took his cleats and set them on the ground. He had a quizzical look on his face as I wrapped my arms around his neck and came up on my tippy-toes.

"Kiss me." I whispered.

It didn't take long for him to finally figure out what was going on and oblige. His lips descended on mine and I was lost in seconds. He was skilled.

In less than thirty seconds I pulled away reluctantly.

I looked up at him and he smiled a real smile. "What was that for?" He asked.

"I had to see one real smile before I left." I grinned back at him as I unwrapped by arms from his neck and turned to leave.

"Wait." He grabbed my wrist. "Alexia Lynn, will you go on a date with me tonight?"

I turned back around eyebrows raised. "Jake Limington," I paused. "I would love to go on a date with you." I smiled.