The Retreat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers

"I'm...I'm fine," Jess managed in a shaky whisper. She retrieved her mug from the floor with trembling fingers and set it on the table before she fled to her bedroom. "I'll just change my slacks and then I'll clean up the mess," she called.

As soon as Jess reached her bedroom, she leaned back against the door and drew in huge gulps of air, trying to slow her racing pulse. She squeezed her eyes closed and a low, plaintive moan slipped out. It simply wasn't possible that the man she had been in love with for ten years was here. All the emotions she had tried so hard to suppress swelled inside, and she felt her eyes fill with tears.

Every bittersweet memory that she had of Nick flashed through Jess's mind. She could see him laughing, playing football with his buddies, leaning over his textbooks to study, and worst of all, making love to her. Well, almost making love, although they had never actually gone all the way. Jess had been head over heels in love with Nick, but just when she had been ready to take the next step, he had severed their affair. Even now, the pain of his rejection left her feeling raw inside.

Their relationship had been brief but seemingly perfect. Jess still didn't understand what had gone wrong between them. She had finally concluded that her feelings for him were simply not returned. She had entertained him for a brief time before he lost interest and moved to the next woman on his long list of girlfriends.

Her heart twisted, and her stomach clenched with knots of dread. How could she survive a week here with him! So much for R&R, she thought bitterly. Her retreat suddenly felt doomed. The best she could hope for was to leave with her heart intact.

*********

In the living room, Nick was struggling with his own surprise. He exchanged pleasantries with Leslie and his father, but his thoughts remained fixed on Jess. He was relieved when his dad suggested that he get unpacked, but the relief was short lived when Nick realized that Jess was in the bedroom across the hall from his own. He set his suitcases down, closed his bedroom door and fell onto his back across the bed. He rubbed his eyes with his thumb and fingers, groaning softly.

Jess was even more beautiful than Nick remembered. She was slender, but her curves were bountiful and wonderfully feminine. Her hair was the same shade of rich auburn he often saw in his dreams, and her eyes were the same intense blue. He knew when she laughed her teeth would be small and white and even and her voice would be as smooth as melted butter. He could still remember the softness of her skin and the way she smelled. God, this wasn't happening!

Nick had spent the past decade trying to get Jess out of his system. Every woman he dated was a pale imitation of Jess. She had tainted every romance Nick had had since he met her. Sex had become a necessity rather than a pleasure. Every time he sank into a woman's body, he wondered what it would have been like with Jess. Would she really have been as luscious and sweet as he had imagined? There was no point in speculating, since he would never find out!

It had taken Nick five years to stop dreaming of Jess nearly every night, to stop looking for her in every crowd. It had taken another five years for her memory to fade into the dark recesses of his mind. He had been convinced that he had finally gotten over her, and in an instant, she was back in his life.

One thing was certain, he thought grimly, this time he wouldn't let her break his heart. If anyone was going to be used this time, it wasn't going to be him!

**********

Cameron and Leslie watched Nick disappear into the hall before turning to each other with matching frowns of puzzlement.

"Is it just me, or did you get the definite impression that they knew each other?" Leslie whispered.

"I'd bet my last dollar on it," Cameron said, putting his arm around her waist and pulling her down onto the sofa beside him. "Has Jess ever mentioned Nick to you before?"

"No. I wonder how they know each other."

Cameron cupped her chin in his hand and kissed her gently. His kisses quickly became more insistent, and Leslie leaned into his chest to respond more fully.

"Whatever the story is between them," Cameron whispered as he nibbled at the corner of her mouth, "they'll have to sort it out. I've got my hands full with you."

As he said the last, he slipped his hand beneath her sweater and unclipped her bra. Leslie gasped when he cupped her breast in his palm and began to toy with her nipple.

"You naughty devil," she whispered with a grin. "I'll do my best to keep you busy."

With a mischievous smile, Leslie rose from the sofa, grasped his hand and pulled him toward their bedroom. Cameron was only too happy to follow her, making her giggle when he seized her as soon as the door closed behind them.

haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers
12