The Return Ch. 03

Story Info
Story of a man who returns home & past catches up.
7.5k words
4.66
29.7k
11

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davidpaul
davidpaul
117 Followers

Copyright© 2009 by David Paul

Author's Note:

This is a work of fiction. Please note that the story is based in Australia and is written in Queen's English therefore my American audience will notice subtle differences in wording or phrases.

*

The engagement party was a pretty big event. I had finally finished with my therapy, was only on a low dose of medication and the future was looking bright. Paul and Denise made it down from Iron Plain along with the rest of the Richards and Williams family. It was good to see Justin again.

There was the normal speeches, dancing and drinking. It was a wonderful night and my fiancée was looking more beautiful than ever. I silently thanked Liam for being such a fool. Towards the end of the night I got talking with Paul.

"So mate what's the plan now?"

"Well the Raiders have offered me a recruiting job, infact they've offered me Tom's job as he is retiring. "

"Well you know you have a business in Iron Plain as well. We'd welcome you back with open arms."

"I know old buddy. We will have to make a decision soon as Betty and Tom have put the house on the market and are going to retire down the coast. The wedding will be in Canberra next year. Molly wants land and it is just so damn expensive around here. The decision is looming my friend and we are coming up to Iron Plain next month to check out our options there."

"Well you can stay with us."

"You can bet on it."

-------------

The invitation arrived casually enough and it was through Molly. It had been a few weeks since the engagement party and we were headed to Iron Plain on Saturday.

"Sweetheart, would you mind coming with me to a gallery opening Friday night?"

"I guess so honey. What's the importance?"

"Well my friend Bianca Reddy has finally opened her gallery here in the city. It has been a long life dream of hers and I always promised I would be there for the opening. Apparently the exhibition is some 'discovery' of hers from central NewSouthWales."

"Ok but don't abandon me."

I foolishly never looked at the invitation and it was a mistake but I had more pressing matters to attend to as I was helping Tom pack up the garage. A buyer had been found for the house and the contracts would be exchanged within the month.

Tom and Betty had already brought a house down the coast and were anxious to leave and begin their retirement. The following Tuesday I was to speak to the Raiders regarding my decision on their generous offer of a job.

I had nearly forgotten about my promise to Molly. I had just finished swimming in the pool and had gone inside the pool house when I was 'attacked' by Molly.

"We have just enough time Robby for some fun before we go."

"Go where?"

"Oh you....the gallery opening of course."

"Of course."

I kissed Molly and then ravished her body for the next hour. We then had a shower together where Molly ensured the soap was dropped several times. I was exhausted by the time the 20 minute shower finished.

"Damn woman you are going to be the death of me."

"Oh my big strong man...you'll survive." she giggled

Sure enough Molly had laid my suit out on the bed. It was nearing six o'clock so we both got changed. Molly looked spectacular in a beautiful blue dress she had brought for the occasion. I often had to pinch myself at my good fortune. She was one beautiful lady.

Gail was home that night which was rare for a uni student on a Friday night, so she took quite a few pictures of us as a couple. We then headed out. We decided to take Molly's car. A little Toyota Corolla as it would make parking much easier.

We chatted along the way and Molly was excited about the trip to Iron Plain for our long weekend and search for property. It seemed to me after looking around Canberra the cost of housing was out of our reach. We also had a wedding to save for.

We arrived at the gallery and they had a valet service for the evening. I allowed the guy to park the car and I was given a ticket. It seems that this was going to be quite the night as the gallery was chock full of people. As I linked my arm through Molly's, I turned slightly pale as I saw who the artist was -- Martin Taylor.

Martin was greeting people at the door. I still liked Martin but that wasn't the problem if I had spider sense it would be tingling. I figured his sister would have to be here most likely with Gary Beasley. Bad luck all round but I would hopefully be able to avoid them if they were here.

"Bianca." Molly shouted to a good looking woman around our age.

"Molly, you made it! Ahh and this must be your handsome hubby to be. Come you must meet Martin he's going to be huge."

I was dragged along by Molly as we all approached Martin.

"Martin... I want you to meet my dearest friend Molly Milne."

"Nice to meet you Molly." Martin said lightly shaking her hand.

"And this is her fiancée...."

"G'day Martin."

"Holy shit Rob Green. How you doin' man?"

"Pretty good my friend...not as good as you by the look of it."

"Wow you two know each other?" said a shocked Molly.

"Yeah Rob and I grew up together in Iron Plain. We are good friends who lost touch. Mate I have to go but promise me we will catch up tonight ok. I'll tell Jenny you're here she'll love to see you."

With that he was gone. "Shit" I muttered to myself.

"Is everything ok honey?"

"Martin is Jenny Beasley's brother and she's here."

"Oh no do you want to go?"

"No I can't run forever especially if we move to Iron Plain. You enjoy yourself I'll be fine."

Bianca had quietly watched the exchange and grabbed Molly.

"If you wouldn't mind Mr. Green I want to borrow your fiancée for a little bit."

"Go right ahead but she's a boomerang. She comes right back to me at the end of the night." I grinned.

"You are a charmer...meow."

With that the two ladies went over to a group of people looking at Martin's art. Molly looked worried but I gave her a smile and she grinned back.

I quietly surveyed the scene and edged my way to the back of the room. It was starting to fill up. I grabbed a glass of water from a passing waiter. It didn't take long for me to spot them. They were maybe 10 metres away from Molly and Bianca and it was worse than I thought. Not only was Jenny here but the whole Beasley clan including my Mother.

I thought about what Anna Crane said but didn't think this was the right venue for a confrontation. Molly knew where I was and I struck up a conversation with a couple from Sydney who actually knew Molly. They eventually moved on and I thought just maybe I would get out of here unnoticed.

That was until Martin Taylor approached the Beasley's I stood right in the corner of the bar and thankfully had a pretty fat guy in front of me which covered me somewhat. Martin was talking when suddenly the four heads started looking around and scanning the crowd. I was never afraid of confrontation or defending myself but it was different now, I had Molly and the Beasley's brought out the worst in me.

It was Jenny who found me. I had turned to get a refill of water when the fat man moved and in came Jenny Beasley.

"Well, well Mr. Rob Green at an art exhibition. You've matured."

"What do you want Jenny?"

"I want you to speak with your Mother. She misses you and wants you to come over. All is forgiven."

"What's forgiven?"

"The unpleasantness, the acts of violence perpetrated on your father and brother."

"Fuck me...does the record ever change. By the way that isn't my father and your husband isn't my brother. More than likely you need me for bone marrow."

Jenny paled significantly and started staring holes into me.

"Rob you may not believe it but we all love you. We are the only family you have right now."

"Oh I wouldn't say that." said Molly placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Who are you?"

"Why introductions are in order Robby."

"Well ok Jenny Beasley meet my fiancée Molly Milne."

"Fiancée?"

"Oh yes I've finally landed my man and couldn't let him go Jane."

"It's Jenny."

"Oh sorry....Jenny. C'mon lover we have to go I'm going to wear you out tonight and we have a trip tomorrow. Ta Ta Jenny."

The Beasley's all watched us exit the front door of the gallery. The last thing I saw was an agitated Jenny talking with my Mother.

"Did I ever tell you I love you Miss Milne?"

"Prove it."

"I will...tonight."

As the valet was getting our car, I heard footsteps approaching.

"Son, Rob."

I spun around my Mother in the flesh by herself.

"Hello Mother."

"Are you going to introduce me?"

"Molly Milne meet Belinda Beasley my Mother."

"Nice to meet you."

"Rob I know that you don't think much of me but I need to speak with you...please." She looked desperate.

I then thought of my Dad Johnny Green and what she did to him and my heart hardened. Anna Crane warned me this might happen and to gauge my feelings carefully and react accordingly.

"Look Mother it's not the best time. I'll be in Iron Plain this weekend if you are around we can talk Sunday...alone. Call Paul he'll know where I am. Take it or leave it."

"Then I take it, thank you Rob."

I just grunted and she left.

-------------

The trip to Iron Plain was pleasant. It was great to have the Ford on the open road again only this time I had Molly next to me. Molly was excited to see where I had originally grew up and I could tell she was a country girl at heart. She loved the land and kept on about the space and beautiful landscape of the area.

We arrived at Paul and Denise's around 11am on Saturday Morning. We did the hug and greet. The girls then went off to talk about the wedding plans they were both excited and had become firm friends ever since we started dating.

Denise was going to show Molly around town and some of the prime areas. The girls took the Ford which left Paul and me.

"Hey Rob; let's go for a drive I think I might have found something. I haven't even told Denise."

"Sound intriguing, I'm in old mate."

We jumped in Paul's Ford Territory (SUV) and hit the road. We drove through town and spotted my car out the front of MaCauley's a discount store of sorts.

"Looks like Denise hasn't wasted any time. Shopping already." Paul laughed

About 10 kilometres out of town we turned off onto a dirt road. I knew this place but I was just trying to rack my brain on how I knew it.

"Oh Christ you can't be serious Paul...this is Beasley land."

"Oh no my friend he sold this parcel of land a while back to developers. The Beasleys have been selling off a lot of land or that's the rumour. They've had to liquidate quite a few assets."

"So where do they live now?"

"Oh they still own a large amount of land on the other side of town, the Stone Ridge side but Angus has sold out to developers and farmers on this side."

"So what are the developers doing?"

"Nothing...he's a sneaky bastard that Angus Beasley. He sold the land for a massive profit and then vetoed the developer's plans via the council. The developers are stuffed as they were going to build a shopping centre, golf course and stuff like that. Angus Beasley is very unpopular in town right now. I think he was going to buy back the land at a greatly reduced amount and then develop the land himself.

He underestimated his opponent however and they are fighting him and it will be a cold day in hell before they sell it back to him."

"Bloody hell mate he hasn't changed... still ruthless."

"Yeah but the beauty of this is the opportunity I'm about to show you. Old Mac Palmer wants to sell his property. Mac was going to sell it to the developers for big bucks until this happened. He has to sell because his wife is sick. They are going to move into town to be closer to the hospital. This was the only piece of land that the Beasley's didn't own around here and the beauty is no one has made an offer yet."

We turned off the road into the Palmer property. The property was about 20 acres, it was fenced had stables and an orchard. The house itself needed some work but it was a solid structure and a beautiful 4 bedroom home. The kitchen needed to be redone, the outside painted and guttering repaired but it was doable.

We met with Mac and had a talk. I couldn't believe what he wanted for the place it was only $200,000 and was in reality worth twice as much. We couldn't even buy a house in Canberra for that. I got on the phone to Denise and Molly and told them to get out here pronto.

I was looking over the stables when the girls arrived. Molly fell in love with the place virtually straight away and I knew I was in trouble when Molly and Denise were organising the placement of furniture.

"Baby I love it and it's so affordable."

"I know darling but are you sure you want to live in Iron Plain?"

"Anywhere with you Robby but I love the town and Denise has already spoken to the hospital and they need a physiotherapist desperately. You can work at your store and the cost of living is so much cheaper."

I walked up to Mac Palmer and shook his hand.

"Looks like we have a deal Mr Palmer. I'll give you a 10% deposit now and I'll have Seymour Chandler work out the rest."

"I'm glad to be selling it to Johnny Green's son; we can probably have all this organised in a month.

I wrote the cheque for $20,000 to Mac Palmer and we shook hands. He gave me a receipt and we were on our way to becoming home owners.

We celebrated that night at the Commercial Hotel. I had got in contact with Seymour Chandler and he was drawing up the papers and promised he would call Mac Palmer on Monday. Molly rang Tom and Betty and told them the good news and they were just as excited as us.

I introduced Molly to some of the locals I still knew and we had a great night. It wasn't even soured when Angus Beasley walked in for a beer. He kept away from me, it was all very amusing. Paul and I discussed the store and it was decided due to my background I would work the floor as much as possible and learn about the business. Mix with the locals and the like being an ex football star would work in my favour Paul thought.

I had a sly idea about the Raiders job as well but I would talk with them on Monday by phone. That would confirm my face to face appointment with their CEO Don Furner Jr. on Tuesday. The night wound down and we went back to Paul and Denise's.

-------------

Sunday Morning I woke early. Molly was asleep so I got up and had a coffee. Sitting out on the front of their porch was nice as I watched the town awaken. I was soon joined by Molly on the porch swing and we hugged and kissed each other. For the first time in a long time I felt truly at peace.

Halfway through breakfast the phone rang and Denise answered.

"Rob it's for you, it's your Mum."

"Hello."

"Hi Rob...I hope I'm not calling too early."

"No it's fine."

"When can we meet today?"

"How about 11am at Rowland Park?"

"Ok I'll see you then."

I was dreading this meeting but it had to be done. I left at 10:45am and Molly gave me a kiss and told me to call her if I needed anything.

I arrived at the park a few minutes before 11am and there she was sitting on the park bench holding a handkerchief in her hands and she was slowly twisting it. I scanned the park but it looked like she was alone as promised. So I got out of the car and walked over to the bench. She looked up and smiled.

"Good to see you Son. Thank you for coming."

"Well this is your show Mum, what do you want."

"Look Rob I know you hate me and I'm sorry. I know how much you loved Johnny."

"Mum can we please not talk about the past. You made your decisions and I made mine. Let's not reopen the wounds."

"I'm sorry you feel that way Rob."

"Well what do you expect?"

"Nothing I guess but I'd like to try and make this up to you and perhaps be a family once more."

"Mum that's a fantasy that won't happen. Let's cut to the chase. You need me tested for bone marrow."

"No....why would you think that?"

"Are you telling me you don't have cancer? No son....not me...it's Angus who had the scare and he's the one that needs your help."

"Jesus Mum this has been the whole scheme from the start...a family reconciliation that's laughable."

"Son I know how it looks but it isn't. I don't know what Jenny has said to you but I'd take it with a grain of salt."

I saw a grimace on my Mum's face. Well, well it looked like little Jenny was making her move; it didn't seem that the Beasley women got on. I would stake my reputation on the inheritance being the centre of the problem.

Jenny smelled blood and no doubt knew I wouldn't help then if Angus died Gary would take control of the fortune. It was just a thought but I was certain I was dead right.

"Mum let me think about it, I'll get back to you next week."

"Thankyou Son...I heard you brought the Palmer property. I hope I get to see you more."

When pigs fly I thought to myself.

"Sure Mum."

-------------

"Well that's quite a story." said Paul with Molly and Denise nodding in unison.

"Actually that thought you had about Jenny is probably correct. She's a ruthless bitch. You know she made Gary have a vasectomy so they wouldn't have children."

"She's a piece of work guys. She isn't the girl I knew as a kid. Anyway let's go and show Molly Stone Ridge."

The drive to Stone Ridge was nice and Molly liked the town. We showed her the football field and talked up our glory days. We decided to have dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant called Mario's. Dinner was fun and as designated driver I watch the girl's and Paul get pretty blitzed. It was a funny trip home with a lot of laughter.

Paul and Denise were making out in the backseat and Molly had her head on my shoulder. It sure felt like a double date. We got back to Paul and Denise's and by that time Molly was asleep so I carried her into the house and laid her on the bed. I then had the pleasure of undressing her. Damn I had landed myself a fine woman.

-------------

Things moved fast the next week. I spoke with the Raiders and they agreed to put me on a retainer as a scout for the New South Wales region. I was over the moon as it was extra income plus the pleasure of seeing some good schoolboy level Rugby League with all expenses paid including hotels and food.

Molly got the job at the Iron Plain hospital. They hired her on the spot as soon as her resume was faxed through. Tom and Betty were ready to go and we helped them with the move. Gail would now permanently live on campus at her university.

Seymour phoned and had organised the paperwork for the house. By this time we had secured a home loan and the property was ours so we could move in at the end of the month. I still had an ongoing income from the store so we organised for all our goods to be moved to a storage facility in Stone Ridge.

We would stay at Paul and Denise's until the house was ready for occupation. We had found a cheap pop up caravan and decided to buy it to live in while fitting out the house to our specifications prior to moving in. The van, a very compact home on wheels, would be parked in Paul and Denise's backyard which we would live in as I could do most of the work on the house myself and Paul would help.

Molly then decided we would be married in Iron Plain. She reasoned it was cheaper and she had Denise for support to organise the details. At the end of the month we moved to Iron Plain and it was good to be out of the Canberra hotel we stayed at for the past 2 weeks.

The big decision was Angus Beasley. In the end Molly reasoned I should help another human being. She was a caregiver of sorts and believed in helping people. I rang my Mother and gave her the news. To say she was delighted was an understatement but there was no guarantee I would be a match.

I would go for testing when I arrived in Iron Plain. By the end of the month we were ready and we hit the open road once again and headed for Iron Plain.

davidpaul
davidpaul
117 Followers
12