The Shadow That Binds Ch. 06

Story Info
The battle and more.
963 words
4.65
9.5k
1

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following chapter is the account of Damien:

I slammed the door in Sara's face. I didn't like doing it but I had to protect her and our unborn baby which I knew was a girl.

I ran to the main hall. Thomas was waiting for me. I could never get on to calling him Leo as far as I was concerned he was Thomas.

"Are the troops ready?" I asked.

"Yes we're just waiting for the last few men. Are you ready?"

"I feel bad for treating Sara the way that I had to." I said.

"Trust me; she'll get over it. She knows that you love her. Now, come on, we need to protect her!" Thomas said.

I nodded my head and followed him out. My armour was strapped tight to me. It had been a very long time since I had needed to wear the armour and I had hoped that I would never have to wear it again.

However, I needed to protect my mate and I wasn't going to let any scumbag near her. Thomas' men were in position. I ordered my men next to his.

James had changed a lot! It was as if Claire was just animating him as his body looked like it was rotting. I looked up at Sara's window. I knew she was pissed off but I needed to keep her safe. She was everything to me.

James and his shadow minions launched the first wave of attack on us. All of Thomas' men changed into their wolf forms and jumped at the throats of James' men.

I felt my fangs slide down my gums and drew my sword. The wolves were the first wave as they couldn't control their rage. We were the second wave. Our blades were as deadly as they were beautiful. I headed strait for James and engaged him.

In battle he was well skilled. But I was faster. He realised that he was in danger and kicked me in the stomach knocking the wind out of me. It gave him enough time to get away from me.

I joined some wolves to help bring down one of the shadow creatures. It was strange; after hundreds of years of fighting the shadow creatures brought us together.

I was certain that if Sara gets her way the shadow creatures would always bring us together. I missed my brother.

The battle was long and fierce! I kept Sara isolated with my bond closed. I didn't want her to see the battle. It would be to much for her. The shadow creatures were being killed slowly. They didn't go down quickly that was for sure. I met James again in the middle of the field this time he didn't get away from me.

It was a quick fight and he didn't last long. Just as I was about to kill him Sara opened our bond she asked me to look after our child; but I told her that James was almost killed as I said that I killed him by decapitation.

Then it hit me! Claire was in the castle! I shouted for men to get into the castle. I told Sara that we would deal with Claire. As the men reached the castle it started to glow white and they couldn't enter.

"Get back!" Thomas yelled at them.

"What the hell is going on?" I shouted at him.

"Sara is tapping into her full magic to get rid of Claire!" he said.

"No!" Just as I said this Sara opened our bond.

"Damien I love you and I will always protect you and watch over our child."

Before I could scream at her not to do this she closed down the bond. The entire castle glowed a brilliant white. Thomas ordered everyone to run as fast as they could.

He had to grab me by the armour and drag me away from the castle. We just reached the outlying forest. I turned and saw the most horrifying thing I have ever seen in my hundreds of years on this planet.

The castle exploded with an unbelievable force that made us all throw our selves' on the floor of the forest. Tears flowed freely down my face as the realisation hit me that Sara was dead and it was a race against time to save our child.

As I ran back to the castle the dust settled. She was under the rubble somewhere. I saw an arm sticking out from under the rubble. I cleared some bricks away but it wasn't Sara, it was Claire. She was dead.

There was no doubt of that! Sara had done what she said she would. She killed Claire. I left the body as it wasn't my main concern.

I started to dig under the rubble. I saw her black hair. I yelled to Thomas to help me move the bricks. I could see the blood in her hair. I turned her over when we got the bricks off.

Thomas said, "We need to get the baby out John or it will die too."

I just nodded. I didn't trust my voice. I looked at Sara. She looked so young, so full of life.

Why didn't any of my mates live to see their child grow up? This would be the second one I would have to raise on my own.

Thomas went to tell Matthew that Sara was dead. I could hear him wailing from across the field. I looked down at Sara again.

I didn't see it at first I had to look again. I couldn't believe it, she opened her eyes.

"Sara?!" I said hopefully.

"It's me." she said.

It was the single sweetest thing I had ever heard! She was alive!