The Shadow That Binds Ch. 07

Story Info
The end.
2.1k words
4.66
10.3k
6

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

ok here it is the final chapter of the shadow that binds a huge thanks to my editor couldnt do it without you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was Flying and then "thud" my water was breaking. Then there was the first ripple of contraction and then black! When I woke; I was surprised that the contractions were stronger. There was a muffled sounds of people yelling.

I hoped there hadn't been anyone in the castle as they would surely be dead. The bricks of the castle were being moved. I closed my eyes as the pain was becoming more intense.

Someone above me moved the bricks off of me. I heard someone speak. It took me a few seconds to realise who it was. It was Leo!

He was saying, "We need to get the baby out or it will die too." Drops of water fell on my face. I opened my eyes and saw that I had been turned over.

"Sara?!" Damien asked.

I looked at him. "It's me." I said.

My voice was rough, probably from all the dust.

"Thomas, she's alive!" Damien shouted as he sat me up. Dad and Leo ran over to us.

Leo asked, "How is this possible?"

I winced in pain as the contractions were becoming a lot stronger.

"Sara what is it? Are you hurt?" dad asked.

I shook my head, they all looked confused.

"When the castle exploded my water broke the baby is coming!" I said.

With that said, panic exploded! Damien lifted me up into his arms. They didn't know where they should take me as I had destroyed the castle and any medical supplies along with it.

"We can't take her there its to far!" Damien shouted.

"We don't have any choice it's the only place that she can give birth. If we take her to a human hospital they will either see her fangs or the baby's." Leo said.

Dad said "He's right Damien we need to try and get her there if the baby comes in the mean time we will just have to deal with it!"

"Also we will have pain medication if she needs it." Leo said.

"Fine but I'm going with her!" Damien said.

No one argued with him. I was lifted onto a horse I didn't care which one, I just wanted all of this to be over. I was wrapped in a blanket.

Dad said "Sara what ever you do please don't push, it will hurt the baby. If you think it will come tell Damien to stop! We will be right behind you, don't be scared." Dad kissed my hand before Damien sped off.

I wasn't paying attention to where we were going, I just knew he was going there at an enormous speed. I drifted in and out of consciousness the contractions woke me I was feeling the urge to push but I didn't. I knew the baby was close.

"Damien the baby is close please." I begged him.

"It's okay, we're nearly there. For just a few minutes please hold on, if you can." he said.

I nodded. A few minutes later we came to an abrupt halt. Damien pulled me off the horse and ran inside with me.

A worried voice came at us, "Damien, what happened I heard that your castle was destroyed is Sara okay?" It was grandfather.

"Please, she's in labour with my child. We need help. Leo and the rest of your men should be behind us." Damien said.

"This way!" grandfather said. Damien ran with me. I was placed on a bed and sat up.

"Sara you need to stay awake if you can," grandfather said.

Damien said, "She's lost a lot of blood."

After saying that, something was pushed to my mouth. It was Damien's wrist. He had bitten into it. I drank from him. His blood surged through me giving me strength. I sat up.

Everything was clearer now the contractions were coming thick and fast.

Grandfather examined me and said: "She's fully dilated! Sara, you need to start pushing now!"

I nodded. Damien sat behind me to help me. I squeezed his hand and started to push.

Grandfather said, "Okay, the head's almost out." As he said this dad and Leo came in.

"Okay, push Sara!" I pushed with all my strength.

"The head is out. It's almost over. Just give me one last push." he said.

As I did, I felt the baby pass out of me. There was now relief from the pain. The room filled with the cry of a baby. Damien kissed me in the head and hugged me from behind.

There was only one thing I was interested in.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"HE is fine!", grandfather said as he passed me my new-born baby.

"HE?!" Damien nearly shouted.

I opened the blanket that he had been wrapped in. It was defiantly a boy. I showed him to Damien.

He said, "I have a son?"

I thought he was going to faint. I looked around to my father as I cradled my son.

"Why is he in shock dad?"

"Because this is the first time in Alana's line that a male has been born!", he said with the worlds biggest grin.

My son started to cry. I guessed he was hungry so I gently held him to my breast.

Damien was still in shock. "How is this possible?"

Everyone shrugged their shoulders.

"Aren't you happy?" I asked.

"Of course I am! Its just a shock." Damien said.

I asked "Do you want to hold him?"

He grinned and came out from behind me. I gently handed him our son. He cradled him close to him. I laid down and the day finally caught up with me. I fell asleep

The sound of the baby crying woke me up. I looked around. I was in a large room. It was extravagantly decorated. Damien was holding our son and looking out of one of the windows.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's fine. He probably needs to be fed but I didn't want to wake you as you've been through a lot. Here!" he handed me the baby and I held him close to me.

"Where are we anyway?" I asked.

"The lost palace. My brother insisted we take you here and am glad we did; as the baby would have died in the cold,"

"Are Claire and James both dead?" I asked.

He said, "Yes they both are dead; we burned their bodies while you were sleeping. They will never hurt you again. There is one thing that I did want to ask. What did you mean when you said it wasn't my fault?"

I sighed and burped our son and went to put him in the cot that was sitting beside the bed. Then I sat back down to face Damien and said; "Before the explosion I saw what really happened. I know why and how you became a vampire."

Damien just looked at me intently.

"Do you remember the attack on your village?" I asked.

He just nodded his head. A tear ran down his face and I brushed it away.

"You were brave as were your brother and father." I said.

He took my hand and kissed it.

I said "The reason you were attacked was because of Claire."

"Claire?" Damien asked.

I nodded. Just then there was a knock at the door. It was Leo.

"Come in Leo! I'm glad you're here. You need to hear this too." I said.

"Hear what?" he asked as he sat next to Damien.

"Do you remember that you both were in love with Alana?" I asked.

Both of them grinned. I didn't need to ask what they got up to.

"Well, Claire was insanely jealous of her since you both loved her but you weren't interested in Claire. To get even she unleashed the shadow creatures on your village. They kidnapped you and took you into the shadow realm. Claire wasn't counting on that. They force fed you their blood to try and turn you into one of them, but they weren't counting on Alana." I said.

They both looked at me.

"Why is it that I remember some of this yet Damien doesn't remember anything?" Leo asked.

"Simple. Alana got to you first. She saw what you were going through and fed you wolf blood. It was the only way to save you, but by the time that she got to you Damien the shadow blood had spread through you turning you. You became a shadow creature. She tried everything to turn you back. In the end she fed you her blood. It wasn't enough to fully restore you but enough to save you." I said.

Damien closed his eyes.

"She saved us both?" Leo asked.

"Yes! She loved you both deeply and she didn't even know or care who the father of her child was."

Damien's eyes snapped open. "Do you mean to say that, that child could have been Leo's?" he asked.

I shook my head yes. He looked over at his son.

"THAT child is definitely yours Damien." I said.

"Yes, I know but even if she wasn't mine I still loved her and cared for her." he smiled as did Leo.

Leo asked, "Answer me this, how did you survive the castle explosion? It's not that I didn't want you to."

"The spell that I used was supposed to kill me. I was just as surprised to be alive as you were."

They both looked at me with confusion on their faces.

"It was Alana! The spell was designed to kill Claire, James and me; to destroy our sprits! But Alana stepped in front of me and let her soul be destroyed to save mine." I said.

Both Damien and Leo were crying now.

"She sacrificed her soul to save yours?" Leo asked.

Through my tears I nodded yes. I wiped Damien's face

"It's okay. She knew what she was doing. She has guided me through everything that has happened to me." I said.

He took my hand and kissed it. There was another knock on the door and my dad popped his head through the door.

"I was hoping that you were awake. How do you feel?" he asked.

"I'm fine dad, thanks."

He looked uneasy.

"What's wrong dad?"

He said, "Have the boys asked you yet?"

"Asked me what?" I looked at them confused. Damien looked at Leo and then responded

"The castle has been destroyed beyond repair and you have two options." Damien said.

"And what would they be?" I asked.

Damien said "We wander the world, raising our son not making a permanent home; or, we stay here with the wolves and make an alliance with them. They would become part of our clan."

I thought it over.

"Okay, I like the idea of the clan being one, but I have a better idea. Why don't we go back to the village where you grew up. Your mother is still waiting for you." I said.

Damien frowned, "That's not possible!" he said.

"But Leo sent me there and I spoke to her." I said.

Damien looked at Leo.

Leo said, "I did because I was counting on you being able to speak to the dead. Our mother was killed in the raid that claimed the whole village, but she bound her self to the village."

"There is one thing that I don't understand. It is the legend you mother told me." I said.

Damien asked, "Which one was that?"

"The one about the three coming to save you in your darkest hour." I said.

Leo said, "It has already come to pass."

"It has? But you mother said that it didn't happen." I said.

"Actually it did. You, the baby, and Alana saved us all. That's three by my count. Okay, when our village was attacked it was a massacre and everyone died, but think of what would have happened if Claire had of won! The whole world would be slaves to the shadows." Damien said.

I had never thought of that.

"Anyway, what do you think we should do then?" Leo asked.

"Why don't we just stay here then because the only thing that was separating our clans was James and Claire. They are the ones that forced us apart." I said.

Everyone nodded at that. And to think that it was shadows that bound our clans together after so many years of fighting. We were now one clan.

And it stayed that way. When Matthew our eldest son, who I named after my father, was old enough to take care of the clan on his own, Damien and I left and went to wander the world. Then we settled in the little village Damien once called home.

We had four more children, two boys and two girls which made Damien very happy. Leo visited us often. When he finally came to live with us having had his own family. Now as I look back I am so glad that I was pulled from the water all those years ago.