The Sight Pt. 01

Story Info
A John Carliye Novel.
2.4k words
3.8
5.7k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PROLOGUE....

"They say that in every generation there is a child born unto the world with the ability to foresee the future. Not "THE FUTURE" but a possibility of one that might happen if the path of man stays on course. They call it, THE SIGHT.

"Destiny is part of that, we are all given a chance to prove ourselves, to lay in a course and let the wind guide us. However, things change, and change is what creates new futures, and new possibilities," the man said in front of the class of over a hundred college students that were sitting around the lecture hall. "Today's lecture will be open floor. You can say whatever you want, have an opinion and bring to the table your thoughts and believes in precognition and also about a foretold destiny. Remember there is no wrong answer with today's topic, just don't hide it in."

A young man in his early teens stood up, and cleared his throat. "Yes son?"

"Professor Carliye, do you believe that someone with the "sight" as you call it could see Armageddon before it happens?" the young man said with fear in his eyes.

John Carliye sat down behind the desk, interlaced his fingers and smiled at the young man. "First off my son, aren't you a little young to be in this class? And secondly I don't believe that anyone could see how or when the world would end. I think its more of a leap of faith or even a fantasy. We could die in so many ways. I mean the sun could burn out and global frost could devour the world and man-kind would simply go quietly in the night.

"If you are a religious follower than the Book of Revelations goes into full detail on how the last days of man will be," John said smiling at the boy. "I hope that answers your question my son."

The young man looked John straight in the eye and what John saw he would remember for the rest of his life. FEAR.

"Professor, you are wrong," the boy said as the whole room turned to look at him. "I saw the end. And what I saw is nothing like anything we have ever seen before. I came here so you could be warn."

"Why would you want to warn me?" John asked with a hint of fear in his voice.

The young man closed his eyes as a single tear rolled down his cheek. "Because John Carliye you are the cause of it. And you have to be stopped," the boy said as he pulled out a gun and fired three bullets right into the heart of John Carliye.

---

CHAPTER ONE...

John Carliye woke up with a cold sweat covering his body, his heart racing a million miles an hour and his head pounding from the attack. The dreams came every night and they were never the same. Sometimes it was the strange boy pulling out the Glock-38 and firing, and other times it was HIM. The man that has haunted John's dream since the first time they meet when he was only thirteen years old.

Sometimes after he would wake up from the dreams John would wake up to the taste of blood in his mouth and the smell of hot lead filling his nostrils. Other times he would turn on the light in the bathroom of whatever cheap motel he was staying at and see three red blotches on his chest where the bullets hit him or a gash from a sword wound or something else that happened to him in the dream.

This morning was different however; John walked into the bathroom, turned on the light and rubbed his face with his hand. When he opened his eyes and looked in the mirror he gasped at what he saw.

* *

Fifteen years ago John Carliye sat outside of his Uncles house holding a bag of ice over his left eye. The pain was intense, and he was trying his best not to cry. A boy of thirteen shouldn't cry when he gets punched, he wasn't a baby, but damn did it hurt.

"So you going to tell me what happened?" his Uncle Max asked sitting next to him on the steps. Max was his Mom's little brother and John's legal guardian after the accident that happened when John was only six years old.

The police report said that their car was hit head on by a drunk driver who passed out behind the wheel. Max didn't buy it, but he didn't say anything while John was around.

Don't want to upset the kid, Max thought.

"It's nothing Uncle Max," John said as he looked down at the ground and pulled the icepack off of his eye.

"Doesn't look like nothing to me," Max smiled. "What happened, Johnny?"

John looked Max in the eye and got the "look" that meant "DON'T CALL ME JOHNNY!" Max smiled and patted him on the back.

"This kid at school said that I deserved to have died with my loser ass parents," John said getting a harsh tone in his voice. "So I pushed him. Before I knew it there were three kids on me holding me down as he got on top and punched me in the stomach than hit me in the face. He was about to hit me again when the teacher came out and stopped him."

Max's face turned from pain to anger but he held it in the best he could. "What did you do?"

John closed his eyes and let the tears fall. "I did nothing. I'm such a loser. I couldn't save my parents and I couldn't save myself."

Max looked at John and stood up. "What do you mean you couldn't save your parents?"

John got up and looked out at the road in front of the house. "I knew they were going to die three months before it happened and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I could smell the burning flesh; I could feel the heat on my body as I slept that night. They were dead and there was nothing I could do. Nothing I could do!"

Before Max could say anything John ran down the street crying and disappeared around the corner. Could he have it? Max thought as he watched John run away. "Ah Crap!"

**

John ran as hard as he could down the street. Every muscle in his body hurt, his head pounded and he could feel his blood boiling through his body. Something was wrong, he knew it was about to happen again.

"No, not know!" He yelled as he came to stop at the front of the cemetery. John fell to his knees in pain. The pain was so intense that if a normal passerby on the street saw it they would think that he was dying. He thought he was because his brain felt like it was on fire. The pain shot through his body faster than anything ever before. It was coming on quicker than before.

This is different and John knew it.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!" John screamed as the darkness took over.

The world burned!

Bodies were everywhere, blackened by the fires and nothing left except for the charred bones.

The cities were crumpled and empty, the towers that stood once now lay on their sides, windows smashed, doors bashed in, and some still burned with the crimson color of the fires that feed off of them.

John stood in the center of what was once Central Park and watched in horror as the world he once knew was no more.

"What is going on?" He said out loud knowing that no one would hear him.

'This is going to happen,' a voice said in John's head.

"Who said that?" John said as he looked around and saw no one. "I know you're there?"

Nothing moved.

Than out of the corner of his eye a young boy in his late teens stepped out of the shadows and walked up to John.

He was a normal looking boy. He was about sixteen years of age, a little older than John. He had long black hair that was pulled back in a lose ponytail, brown eyes, wore a black leather jacket and a pair of tattered blue jeans. He had a long scar that ran down the left side of his face.

'You see before you the fate of mankind,' the boy said in a thick Cajun accent as he walked closer to John. 'Nothing can stop it from happening. It's their fate. Man has lived to long in the ignorance of their Ancestors. If they had listened years ago this would never happen. Oh well, Johnny-boy face the facts, man will die and you will be the cause of it.'

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" John yelled looking at the boy. "HOW CAN I CAUSE THIS?"

The boy just looks at John and laughs. 'Trust me, you will know. Oh and by the way. A little gift for you welcoming you to the game.'

John looks at the boy and as the boy grins he pulls out a long sword spins it around and runs the blade through John's body. As John screams out the boy pulls the sword out, licks the blood off and smiles down at John.

'I'll be seeing you soon Johnny-Boy. And trust me, we will have fun!' as the boy walks away John screams out and is developed in darkness.

**

John woke up in the hospital three days later. As he looked around the room he saw that his Uncle was there talking to the Doctor. Even though he knew where he was John didn't remember how he got here, the only thing that he did remember was the boy and the sword.

Jesus Christ, he thought. I got stabbed by a sword.

Even thought it felt like a dream, John knew this was different. He was different.

"Hey Champ," Uncle Max said walking over to the bed. "Welcome back. You had us worried."

"What happened?" John asked feeling extremely tired and groggy.

Max looked over and saw the Doctor close the door and walk away. Once he knew the coast was clear Max sat down next to the bed and looked John straight in the eye. "Why don't you tell me? What did you see and what happened?"

"What do you mean Uncle Max?" John asked trying to get rid of the fear in his voice.

"I don't know what you saw, or what it is exactly," Max said leaning back in his chair. "Some call it foreshadowing, others call it a myth, but those who actually have the ability call it "The Sight". I'm not sure how long it's been around, or what it does exactly but I can tell you that your mother had it when she was young and it got her in a lot of trouble and yet also helped her out of it as much as it caused.

"John, I know you saw something. I can prove it," Max said as he threw back the covers of the bed and what John saw made him go pale as a ghost.

On the right side of his body, near his stomach, was a long gash that was closed by about sixty or more stitches. It ran from the middle of stomach to the edge of his body. It was the exact width of the sword he saw the boy stab him with. "OH MY GOD! THIS CAN'T BE REAL!"

Max pulled the sheet back, closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose before he reopened them. "John this is important I need to know what you saw."

John took a breath, closed his eyes and told Max everything, blacking out, and the end of the world, the mysterious teen that stabbed him and what the boy said before he blacked out again.

Max stood up, walked to the window and looked down at the streets below. "John, I don't know what to say. I never had this only your mother did. They told me things that happened and came true. They also told me things that never came true but explained why they didn't," Max said. "You see with this gift, or curse, comes the ability to change the outcome. It's what the future is all about. It's just a possibility. Things change that's what being human and living a free life is all about.

"You have to make the choice John, do you believe that this will happen or do you think that you can change the path. You have the power and I can help you learn how to control this, if you let me. Your mother taught me everything about "The Sight" and the way to control it.

"So what do you say? Will you let me help you learn?"

John looked at his hand and looked back at Uncle Max and smiled. If this mysterious man wanted him, than he would just have to train as hard as he was going to because the next time they would meet, John would get some answers.

**

In the heart of Paris, France there is a large building that holds a secret. This secret lies so deep within the fate of man that many have died protecting it and many have died trying to uncover it.

In the bowels of the building the man who is just called The Teacher stood and walked to the door. "Gentleman, it has come to my attention that our plans are in jeopardy. It appears that a young boy has been born with the gift and he possesses something else, something more powerful than all of us in this room."

"You don't mean?" a voice said from within the darkness of the room.

"Yes, the boy is the one that could destroy us all," the Teacher said as he opened the door to the chamber filling it with light. "But we have the weapon that will destroy the boy and he has already made contact. Please come in young Alister."

A young boy entered. He had black hair that was shoulder length and pulled back in a ponytail. He wore black pants, a black leather jacket and on the left side of his face was a long scar that ran down from below his eye to the middle of his neck.

"So, what do you think of my new friend?" Alister said smiling and looking into the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...